Cant link cuz forum rules, but if you search on YouTube the title "The Dragon Isles, New Allied Races And The Shape Of 8.2: An Interview With Jeremy Feasel" on the channel from Taliesin and Evitel, you can easily find it yourself.
    Last edited by Alga; 2019-04-09 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Do you happen to have link to that Interview?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcxLdMrbWUY
    Around 13:20 Taliesin asks if they're going to add more allied races this expansion. Jeremy says they like the system, and they want to add more, but have nothing to announce at the moment.

And as Feasels states, they would keep it in their pocktes for the future. It's no 100% confirmation, but this kinda debunks the theories of AR again as pre ordering perk.

I don't think Feasel has enough authority to take what he says as what they will actually do. We can do it to an extent with Ion (although he compensates by not saying anything), but probably with nobody else. Meaning, Feasel can say A, completely believing that they will do it, and they will just do B due to a change in plans that Feasel has no idea about and no influence over.

Feasel is responsible for the patches. Ion might be the game director but its important to remember the difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    The actual content of that particular leak is well-written, but like I said that thread early on before it got big, it's easy to discount it from the first line just because of the May 2019 date. The 8.2 PTR isn't even out to test yet. Gotta allot at least 2 months when authoring fake leaks or just leave the dates out. 8.2 looks more like a June thing, and July for the raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah considering like 99% of them are fake I don't get why people aren't more skeptical from the get go. They just want to believe I guess.
    The idea of the actives being raid cooldowns makes me vomit.

I mean come on, we want actives for ourselves, not fucking raid cooldowns.

I'd be so mad, a lot of people would.

They promise us actives we put on our hotbar, not raid cooldowns you can use once, sure it's an active, but fuck that. No one wants that shit.

If that leak is true it's bad news for everyone hoping for class balance in 8.2 with the new azerite trees.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I don't think Feasel has enough authority to take what he says as what they will actually do.
    You know he's in charge of BfA patches right?

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
    Feasel is responsible for the patches. Ion might be the game director but its important to remember the difference.
    That means we can take Feasel's word regarding what's coming right next week or maybe a little later, basically regarding what's already done. For everything else, we have to look to what Ion says. That's not a big issue because everybody other than Ion already try not to talk about anything that isn't already done, but when they try, if the subject has a chance of not being done yet, it's best to just ignore the supposed statements. Because that's a little like a local director of a car shop sharing his views on what the company is likely going to produce in the next year and how's that going to influence the market - above the paygrade.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle June Bug View Post
    You know he's in charge of BfA patches right?
    This doesn't mean a lot in terms of authority over decisions. The decisions of whoever is in charge of patches is at most whether to put feature A into patch X.Y or to hold it off for X.Y+1. At most.

This doesn't mean a lot in terms of authority over decisions. The decisions of whoever is in charge of patches is at most whether to put feature A into patch X.Y or to hold it off for X.Y+1. At most.
    Yeah, you don't really know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle June Bug View Post
    Yeah, you don't really know what you're talking about.
    When you say that someone is in charge of patches, do you think that means that they are making decisions about gameplay features in these patches? Because no, these decisions are made way higher - you cannot make them on the level of patches, because decisions made in one patch influence other patches. Gameplay decisions are made by / with Ion. Those who are in charge of patches are in charge of patches having sufficient quality / cohesion - based on a pre-existing canvas of gameplay decisions = what to have and how it should work. That allows working on multiple patches simultaneously - because synchronization is done externally and mostly before any patch is completed (that's planning).

--
    Sum total:

Feasel saying: we have a new pet coming in the current patch, it will appear on the PTR next week --- fine
    Feasel saying: we will (or won't) have allied races until the next expansion (with a lot of time until that) --- above the paygrade
    Last edited by rda; 2019-04-09 at 03:00 PM.

When you say that someone is in charge of patches, do you think that means that they are making decisions about gameplay features in these patches? Because no, these decisions are made way higher - you cannot make them on the level of patches, because decisions made in one patch influence other patches. Gameplay decisions are made by / with Ion. Those who are in charge of patches are in charge of patches having sufficient quality / cohesion - based on a pre-existing canvas of gameplay decisions = what to have and how it should work. That allows working on multiple patches simultaneously - because synchronization is done externally and mostly before any patch is completed (that's planning).
    You're putting Ion on way high a pedestal. It's called a development team for a reason. And I'm not sure why you're writing down an explanation that pretty much confirms Jeremy does have atleast a say in what content goes in which patch. He's very much a reliable source for knowing which Allied Race comes next, and if they're coming at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Feasel saying: we have a new pet coming in the current patch, it will soon appear on the PTR --- fine
    Feasel saying: we will (or won't) have allied races until the next expansion --- above the paygrade
    Yeah you don't know what you're saying.

Edit: Oh, it's rda. Well that explains it.
    Last edited by Prophet June Bug; 2019-04-09 at 03:04 PM.

OK, whatever. Not very important.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    There will be riots when Alliance gets f*cking Mechagnomes and Horde gets Vulpera. To give Horde anything but some kind of alternative Goblins as counterpart to Mechagnomes would be a huge problem.
    Well, Vulpera are based on the goblin rig...

Regarding Feasel vs Ion and talks:

To be honest, I briefly watched the excerpt from Feasel's interview that we started from and in there Feasel said nothing specific - exactly as he should have. So I am a little puzzled over why specifically we had this disagreement. My remark was general, next time I will watch the interview first and make it specific. That will probably help avoid bickering over nothing.

OK, whatever. Not very important.
    So now it's whatever? Kek.

There will be riots when Alliance gets f*cking Mechagnomes and Horde gets Vulpera. To give Horde anything but some kind of alternative Goblins as counterpart to Mechagnomes would be a huge problem.
    Imho they get the same backlash as did Pandas.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

vulpera are better than any goblin-based thing. especially gilbins, fuck those things.

mechagnomes alone are a waste of an allied race. it's always been a stupid joke race, and it's dumb they're getting so much focus in 8.2. now they waste a new race slot on them as well, when it could have been something cooler, like wildhammer dwarves or something.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, Vulpera are based on the goblin rig...
    Doesn't really matter. In no f*cking way you can give Alliance Mechagnomes and Horde Vulpera. No way.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it's always been a stupid joke race
    Then its a good thing blizzard does something with them that isn't just a random midget joke.

Formerly known as Arafal

5+ Year Old Account
    I personally believe making allied races out of races that are already underplayed (gnomes) is underwhelming, I'd rather mechanical parts for gnomes just be made a customization feature like golden-eyes rather than a fully fledged race.

Add this to the fact that vulpera and mechagnomes are goofy in nature and it'd be super awk in the current game.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.