Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    That’s not how the corporate world works, though. No corporations admits their product is a failure beyond hope while it’s live.

You wouldn’t see major admissions until after bfa is over.

What do you expect them to say? We know Bfa is awful and just come back next expac? Come on man

EDIT: I'll give a much more infamous example than BFA... New coke. Coca-cola defended new coke up until the day they brought back classic coke, and then admitted "Yeah, it wasn't as good as we'd hoped and classic is the only version of coke people want" But while new coke was live, you couldn't catch a member of Coca-cola badmouthing it
    That is exactly what i expect them to do. Fuck bad corporate attitudes. Owning up to ones failures is the right thing to do. It's not a big secret that BFA is a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazr View Post
    Ion is a prime example of illusory superiority in action. Takes some self-perceived giant balls to continually make statements that imply his player base is too stupid to know when they're ACTUALLY having fun. We THINK the game sucks, but really, it's the BEST GAME EVER, because he says so!

I nearly imploded from angry disbelief when he called portal removal a "middle ground between many different play styles" in a recent PCGamer interview. In what alternate reality is travel a "play style?"? He compounded this by calling the current pathfinder system - flying given ONLY after all content has been consumed ad nauseam, the expansion is for all intents over, and even THEN, only after jumping through a bunch of hoops - a "nice middle ground."

Seriously could not hate that guy more.
    Yep. It's actually pathetic how out of touch he is with this community.

As I said he flat out once blamed the playerbase for the games faults.

It's a shame Blizzard are the way they are now and sadly there won't be any going back to where they make a game for the players.

I mean if Jeff Kaplan had to do a huge song and dance to Activision to get Overwatch going then it's safe to say a lot of the freedom in Blizzard is dead/gone now if they can't even make a game without Daddy Activisions permission.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and my answer wouuld be "f.... them" "f... anyone who says that he "has to" do anything in this game" .

this has been killing fun in game for past 2 expansions.

BfA finally corrected a lot of their mistake in catering content only to hardcore crowd.
    I 100% agree that they shouldn't cater to us. Catering to the super hardcore is a horrendous business decision. Generally I agree that when people say they are "forced" to do something that they're being dramatic, but in the case of valor for ilevels it was busywork that you had to do or you were gimping your character. Horrible implementation of valor, not fun for anyone of any skill level, no matter how much it's romanticized now.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    That is exactly what i expect them to do. Fuck bad corporate attitudes. Owning up to ones failures is the right thing to do. It's not a big secret that BFA is a failure.
    That’s a very immature and unrealistic attitude to have. No company is gonna come out and be like “our game is a failure beyond hope so don’t bother paying us until the next one”

You can’t be serious? That’s not how corporate world works or should work. They want people who can fail upwards, not tap out over setbacks like you’d want

Edit: with private companies you can get away with it, but publicly traded companies owe it to their shareholders to always be positive and try to re engage customers. Admitting it’s a failure beyond hope would just crash the stock and they’d all be out of jobs tomorrow. Come on, man

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Obviously it isn't perfect, but now they can hire more people at a cheaper rate to do those same jobs if they want to. The most important positions are QA and game testing outside of development.
    Yes, if there was not the little issue that they actually fired also a lot of QA-Staff too.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    What they should do is not apologize, but fix the game. As they fix the game, they can apologize all they want, but they have to do this in the process of fixing the game or after that. Apologies without actions are nothing - you don't want them. If they just fix the game and don't apologize, that's not a lot worse than if they do both.

Just be a little more practical.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Yes, if there was not the little issue that they actually fired also a lot of QA-Staff too.
    Ya, but they will hire new ones. They use this strategy at a lot of call centers when the staff gets overpaid for the little work they do. They fire the highest paid and hire new people at a far lower rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Because Ion is too arrogant to admit that BFA is bad or might have issues.

I mean he can't even admit that there are games out there that might do certain things better than WoW so good luck getting him to actually tell the truth on anything.
    Bro... what the fuck are you on about? I get that you don't like WoW, but you're just either flat out lying, or purposely ignorant. On this very website we're on right now, there are multiple interviews posted, where he acknowledges that the team has made with BfA.

It's okay to dislike WoW. It's not okay to be a hater that shits on them no matter what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Bro... what the fuck are you on about? I get that you don't like WoW, but you're just either flat out lying, or purposely ignorant. On this very website we're on right now, there are multiple interviews posted, where he acknowledges that the team has made with BfA.

It's okay to dislike WoW. It's not okay to be a hater that shits on them no matter what they do.
    About the only thing I dislike about Ion is he answers everything in lawyer speak because he knows his words will get twisted by the internet otherwise. Not his fault but it is happening.

I ageee though that he is been refreshingly honest during some of the most recent interviews and admitting mistakes. The only thing I hate is that most major changes won’t come until the next expac so a lot of the bad systems of bfa are stuck with ya til then

But he hasn’t been running away from the elephant in the room that bfa isn’t all they hoped it would be, either. He’s been pretty honest too that the community doesn’t like it like they’d hoped, but they are still gonna try to win us back in 8.2

I don’t think they’ll be able to pull it off since most of the main problems are baked into the crust of the expac so to speak; but Jon is at least honest about that too

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post

Yeah he just started doing that MONTHS after people left and over 800 people lost their jobs. Ion should be required to send an apology letter to every person who got fired for decisions he made that ruined this expansion.

Preach from July of 2018 listing LITERALLY every single issue people have said BFA has failed at. He reported these issues since BFA Alpha!!! in February of 2018. 44 minutes of detailed explanations and not hyperbole listing every single failure of BFA. Ion called people like him dramatic and refused to listen. They even refused to release the Azerite armor for testing until far later into the Beta which Ion just now admitted was a screw up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2AYvwYtisE&t=931s

How many people do I know or guilds have fallen apart before this fool put his pride on the sidelines and admitted he made a massive mistake? Just failure after failure after failure and every single Dev Q&A sitting there with that smug little look on his face while Lore just brown noses him making excuses for these horrible decisions made in BFA.

You might be willing to give him a pass but he effectively called people dramatic and foolish for pointing out MASSIVE glaring issues with this expansion that were heavily reported prior to release and not just one month but 7 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    So somehow you think an anti-circlejerk circlejerk is a good counter to a circlejerk?
    Honestly, I thought that was a pretty straight-forward critique of the anti-anti-circlejerk but I think we're approaching dangerous levels of meta here.

Quote Originally Posted by Excessiv View Post
    I think Classic will borderline destroy Live. Too many players jumping from Live boosts queue times on dungeons, harder to find tanks and heals for Raids. Guilds lose members and interest as they become frustrated with what feels like an even further drop-off in engagement, and so begins the demise of WoW.

My guess at that point, all-realms combine so that the world really does become like the Main Streets of Shenzhen. It is the only way, otherwise now the world per realm is far too big relative to the amount of active players after Classic comes.

Just my 2 cents. Definitely not a WoW is dieing poster.
    I hope your jokeing right old content is old BFA is new very few people will try Classic most will stay in relevant content.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    I hope your jokeing right old content is old BFA is new very few people will try Classic most will stay in relevant content.
    He’s right tbh. You may not have interest in classic but many do. Classic will easily outpopulate bfa and it will be awkward for both bfa players who have no interest in classic, and for blizzard who may have to step back and admit their current game pales in comparison to the older game Made by older devs with better mmo experience

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    BfA does not need a "MAJORRRR" gamechanging patch though. It needs some (big, in some cases) changes to systems in order to be salvaged.

That said, how stupid do you have to believe that they'd openly say that BfA is failing under any circumstances? That any company would? That'd be like telling the players who remain that they shouldn't be playing until the issues are fixed.
    This.

They're absolutely, 110% internally aware of what is taking place in their own game. That being said, they're taking the time and effort to (hopefully) rectify it down the line. They're not just going to tell everyone "Shit, we fucked up. Sorry, come back in a few months." No, that's awful business sense. They tell everyone they see the issues, and that they're being worked on.

He’s right tbh. You may not have interest in classic but many do. Classic will easily outpopulate bfa and it will be awkward for both bfa players who have no interest in classic, and for blizzard who may have to step back and admit their current game pales in comparison to the older game Made by older devs with better mmo experience
    This claim that "classic will easily outpopulate BFA" is backed up by, what? A poll of your five closest b.net friends?

Sure it will Timmy i highly doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    This claim that "classic will easily outpopulate BFA" is backed up by, what? A poll of your five closest b.net friends?
    Many polls. Many posts. Gut feeling. You can ignore it all. We will see in a few months

I’ve got mmo friends who’ve never even played wow who can’t wait for classic but they won’t touch current. I also know 90% of my friends list and guild quit this expac cuz it was not good. To a man they want classic

The game was just better in classic for some people. It’s an mmo RPG. Current wow is an mmo ARPG. There’s a difference

Current wow is more diablo 3 than Everquest and that’s a problem

I think people are VASTLY over stating how much impact Classic will have on Live.

The most active private server had a few hundred thousand people at any given time. An official server is likely to outperform that but not by much, but the folks who are drooling over Classic are the ones who likely participated in the private servers.

Live has millions of active players at any given time. A few hundred thousand players will make a dent sure, but outpopulate or beat Live? I think you're dreaming.

Not to say it won't be successful, but saying things like it's going to beat Live or have more active players than BfA is just not a realistic statement based on the information we have.

Why would they admit BFA is a failure when it's the current expansion? They behaved the same way for WoD and strung players along. Most players are idiots and Blizzard are usually successful in stringing players along.

Just look at how there were like 3 parts to the 7.1 survival guide and they kept advertising the Zandalari and Kul Tirans. There were people on reddit and here staying subbed because they thought the new allied races were coming with 7.1. Some people just don't research and stay subbed, then act like fools when they realise they're chasing a carrot Blizzard dangles in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I think people are VASTLY over stating how much impact Classic will have on Live.

The most active private server had a few hundred thousand people at any given time. An official server is likely to outperform that but not by much, but the folks who are drooling over Classic are the ones who likely participated in the private servers.

Live has millions of active players at any given time. A few hundred thousand players will make a dent sure, but outpopulate or beat Live? I think you're dreaming.

Not to say it won't be successful, but saying things like it's going to beat Live or have more active players than BfA is just not a realistic statement based on the information we have.
    It's twofold. I'm not anticipating that wow classic will be at 10 mill or anything absurd, i do live in reality, but i do expect it to be more popular than live wow due to live wow's incompetence more than anything.

Again, they appeal to two different audiences. WoW classic appeals to MMO RPG fans, current wow appeals to MMO ARPG fans. Nothing wrong with either camp, but they aren't really compatible as game designs.

I know plenty of people who wouldn't touch private servers because of what they are, but will dive in headfirst to an official classic server.

WoW classic is going to be bigger than anticipated, by several factors. It will mirror original wow's launch in that regard.

EDIT: keep in mind that a lot of WoW classics growth and player base will come DIRECTLY from what's left of BFA's population, thus exponentially increasing BFA's decline in population further. It isn't just that there's a legion of classic players waiting for the gates to open, but an entire population of players hiding within BFA who will jump ship too when classic is the hot thing.
    Last edited by justandulas; 2019-04-09 at 04:07 PM.