Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i mean, you can't really blame tevinter for the way they behave with qunari.

the qun is one of the scariest things in dragon age to me. cause qunari(humans, elves, dwarves, and biological qunari) infiltrators can just completely coldly turn on everyone they built their fake life around in an instant if the qun demands it. i suspect that a qunari inquisitor would be under heavy guard at the very least in tevinter, because even someone of that upstanding reputation could still just turn on everyone instantly without any warning.

that's actually why i didn't like ironbull. i like that he acted very personable and normal, all that. had friends, that kind of stuff. but when the qun calls, your decisions made him either turn on the qun or stick with it. now, him turning away from the qun isn't that bad. but, the fact that your decisions affected his desire to stay with the qun is bad. it's not that almost robotic, belief-driven motivation to stick with the qun, it's anger at you personally, and that's not qunari.
    That's not what happens. Iron Bull is pretty much always a Qun loyalists. Circumstances force that to change if you save the Chargers where he gets expelled and learns to deal with it. If you don't save them, or don't do the quest, he remains obedient, gets a debriefing/re-education period in between DAI and Trespasser, and thus betrays you no matter what because it is a demand of the Qun. As he says himself; nothing personal, bas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    That's not what happens. Iron Bull is pretty much always a Qun loyalists. Circumstances force that to change if you save the Chargers where he gets expelled and learns to deal with it. If you don't save them, or don't do the quest, he remains obedient, gets a debriefing/re-education period in between DAI and Trespasser, and thus betrays you no matter what because it is a demand of the Qun. As he says himself; nothing personal, bas.
    I trusted him, and I thought allying with the Qun against the world-ending threat would be worth it in the end...

I was so upset when he turned against me. It made sense but it was so sudden, and we'd been through so much together!

Quote Originally Posted by lettersandpunctuation View Post
    I trusted him, and I thought allying with the Qun against the world-ending threat would be worth it in the end...

I was so upset when he turned against me. It made sense but it was so sudden, and we'd been through so much together!
    Same for me in my first playthrough, but I liked that. It made the choice have teeth, consequences. Bull just brushing aside that fact that you're the enemy of the nation he swore undying loyalty to would just suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    You people actually getting me to want to play Dragon Age 2 again lol.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I have 285 hours in DA 2. Do it, but install some mods with it. It make it better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulflayer View Post
    I have 285 hours in DA 2. Do it, but install some mods with it. It make it better.
    I always ensure mods are running when I play DA:O or DA:2.

10+ Year Old Account

this come off the article about Anthem, by Jason Schreier. Which included some nice tidbits about Dragon Age 4.
    https://kotaku.com/how-biowares-anth...ong-1833731964

Dragon Age 4 has gone into development from scratch.
    Dragon Age 4 will be a live service, in the sense of it having more to do end game
    Dragon Age 4 is going to be built on Anthems codebase... Take that as you will.
    Yes it will use the frostbite engine (god dammit)

I am really worried about Draogn Age 4 at this point. But also very curious to watch this if its a disaster of a surprise...

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    [video=youtube;BEQFZ8cshaI]
    I am really worried about Draogn Age 4 at this point. But also very curious to watch this if its a disaster of a surprise...
    I have given up on DA4 when Mike Laidlaw left. It was obvious back then, that he left because Bioware shifted away from the title. At this point the game has not a single thing going for it. They lost the creative director, the lead writer, etc and scrapped the work those people started. It's now developed by the team that failed miserably with Anthem, building it on the same crappy engine with the same broken codebase in the same crappy GaaS model. If it ever comes out, it wont be before 2021 and I have zero faith it will be any better than Anthem.
    Last edited by Faldric; 2019-04-06 at 11:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact they’re going for “live elements” and building it on Anthem’s base has put me RIGHT off.

And thisnis talking as someone who has played all three previous DA titles at least 10 times each.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I'm worried it's just going to be more dumbed down, less role playing elements, less dialogue options. Basically I think we're going to get Fallout 4'd. I'll be so stoked if that's not the case, but I honestly think it would take a miracle for DA4 to turn out any other way.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    The fact they’re going for “live elements” and building it on Anthem’s base has put me RIGHT off.

And thisnis talking as someone who has played all three previous DA titles at least 10 times each.
    There's more here.
    https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/04/...on-age-project

EDIT: never mind I saw someone bumped the other thread instead... :S

10+ Year Old Account
    There's more here.
    https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/04/...on-age-project

EDIT: never mind I saw someone bumped the other thread instead... :S
    Lol I couldn't find this thread when I searched for some reason. The other thread's title doesn't exact warrant constructive discussion. That being said, this is pretty disappointing/concerning news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Allegedly, I read that article and neither Morrison nor Joplin sound great... allegedly, the focus on “heists” doesn’t sound like it would have the epic feel, that I look for in a DA game.

Allegedly, if given a choice I’d probably prefer the Morrison build, as long as the alleged rumours that Live Elements only come in post campaign and don’t have any impact on the alleged single player plot prove to be true.

I would be okay, for example, if post game there were periodic Apex Predators added to the game, that required more than a single team to beat. Similar to the Epic Mercs, and Epic Ships in AC:O.

P.S. we get it, IGN, you’ve not got any concrete info... you don’t need to start every sentence “Allegedly”
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    We’ve already had a game where we only get to play as a human... I’d be fine with a game where we’re locked into playing an elf.

It would make sense, if this game is going to be focused on Solas, and a potential eleven uprising.
    Honestly that was the point i've stopped caring about DE... it didn't matter to me that much to be locked to play as a human, the sheer fact of being locked into whatever race in a RPG sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    So at the recent EA show (If you managed to stay awake) there was no mention of dragon age 4 but there were little teases during the showcase part of the show...

Seeing a lot of rumours going around that these could be linked with it Dragon Age, some of these pictures are obviously Red Lyrium.

https://www.pcgamer.com/these-may-be...-dragon-age-4/

Thought I'll add these since no one has yet.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...es-multiplayer

Video game publisher Electronic Arts Inc. has made a major pivot on the next game in the popular Dragon Age series, allowing the developers to remove all planned multiplayer components from the game, according to people familiar with the matter.
    Apparently DA4 is gonna be a truly single player experience. Which in light of Anthem imploding should be comforting news.

Dragon Age was always meant to be a single-player game. The multiplayer in 3 was completely pointless.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Played through DA Inquisiton again recently and it's really a better game than I thought.
    The combat gets a bit repetitive and the skill trees are lacklustre but the general gameplay is solid. The amount of effort they went in to build the universe is really impressive.
    Got really invested in the lore, looking forward to some new info.

Oh cool they abandoned the last game they hyped (anthem) so now they can start hyping a new game for pre-orders.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Oh cool they abandoned the last game they hyped (anthem) so now they can start hyping a new game for pre-orders.
    And you can not pre-order this one too, and just wait for reviews to come out to see if it's any good.

I mean what should they do...abandon games because they hyped up and sold some bad ones? Every developer would be out of business. I mean, can you remember how bad Ricochet was? Valve should have just packed it in after that.