Page 21 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    https://cosmicbook.news/disney-manip...vel-perception

Its been shown how Disney are manipulating the box office.

You call out anti sjws over something as disingenuous as this movie.

Do your research before touring this crap.
    If disney did any of these they can be sued they aren't gonna risk it over captain marvel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    After Force Awakens everyone wanted to know what would happen and the answer to all the questions that JJ raised.
    FA was mediocre but at least it wasn't SJW crap.

Little did people know what sort of trash can was waiting for them as a second episode... and by the time they did, the money was already gone.

Didn't Solo bomb? As above, people didn't wanna fall into the same trash trap twice. It all aligns.
    Solo bombed but rogue one did awesome... The only badly performing Disney star wars movies had white male leads just a bit funny.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2019-04-09 at 09:14 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    You seem to think that racist opinions such as yours are pretty smart. If I wanted to know how good a movie was, I'd probably just ask a movie critic and leave race out of it, because I'm not a racist.
    Nah, it was cute when you were trying but now you're just calling everyone racist it's a bit of a shark-jump.

I don't think I'd call Rogue 1 great but it's easily the best of the Disney star wars movies IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    I don't think I'd call Rogue 1 great but it's easily the best of the Disney star wars movies IMO.
    Pretty much was also the most diverse and now compare it to solo /s.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that would be a pretty similarly idiotic thing to say. Good point.
    As a counterpoint, a movie can be made for a specific heritage/race/religion, etc.. While it would be insensitive to publicly declare that "it was made for them" I don't believe it would be racist (or whatever-ist) to state it. The "I don't want to hear from blah people" statement by Brie was just kind of a brain dead moment for her
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

Also a few people seeing empty theaters doesn't mean Disney is faking box office returns. Anecdotes on the internet don't prove a national or global trend.

Also a few people seeing empty theaters doesn't mean Disney is faking box office returns. Anecdotes on the internet don't prove a national or global trend.
    Also the amount of places Disney can reach has only expanded. If they did any of the shit people claimed in this thread. They can be sued by investors also lying to the government on income is a bad idea even the joker is afraid of the irs for a reason.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    People are very desperate to confirm their own ideas, or ideas that further the narrative they support. It's kind of pathetic really.
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

I haven't watched movies in a long time. Well I tried to watch some recently but they were so fucking awful i just couldn't. Think i made it almost an hour through 'thor ragnarok'. I got a half hour into that latest avengers film before turning it off. I think even if I didn't know the opinions of rich millionaire celebrities wanting to destroy our nations through division on social media, I still couldn't watch movies anymore targeted to the 18 - 35yr old demographic. Its like that episode of south park where everything just sounds like literal shit.

I should watch that latest blade runner film though that looks pretty good and the first movie is great.
    Give me a good 80's classic action film anyday for something dumb to watch than cape shit.

But thats bad according to todays generation of weaklings. Haven't watched this film either but it looks funny.
    “to wear an improper expression on your face was itself a punishable offence. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: FACECRIME, it was called.”

Quote Originally Posted by Xsorus View Post
    fucking christ you people are stupid.....

Let me ask you this shithead..If I wanted to know how the recent Tyler Perry Movie did...Would I ask a fucking White Mans opinion on it.....No....

If you were to ask most black people...who were the major audience how they liked the Tyler perry movies...a lot of them probably liked it...But general reviews probably would dog the fuck out of it..
    That sounds pretty racist, dude.

No, what people imply is that Disney bought a bunch of tickets in cinemas to fake a great opening weekend, thus inflating the opening and drawing more people into cinemas. One basis for this is that apperantly the movie as an absurdly high marketing cost, or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I don't want to hear what a white man has to say" is a very clear statement that context can't bail you out of. Sorry. There are hoards of people who disagree with you on this, so stop mistaking controversy for lying. I know you have no idea what the difference is, but maybe you'll get it one day.
    I really couldn't care less how many people disagree with the truth.

The full context makes her comment completely unobjectionable. Unless you're really looking to raise a stink and aren't uncomfortable with lying about what Larson said.

Your comparison here is also logically flawed in a way that makes you a damn liar. The mechanics of your example are nowhere near close to the thing you're trying to defend.
    My example took something out of context.

Your argument about Larson takes something out of context.

It's the same thing, you just don't want to admit it, because it makes it clear that you're not acting in good faith.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Sorry, but that line of thinking is fucking bad and splitting people based on race and gender. Which is the definition of horrible.

Why can't people be colorblind? Why do you care what skin a reviewer wears? Why do you care if they are XX or XY? How's a white dude opinion of less relevance and value than a black woman's?

This HAS to stop.
    "Colorblind" in the sense of not being prejudiced against someone is fine.

What you are talking about is a refusal to acknowledge and understand other people's viewpoints and how their experiences might differ from your own, which is itself discriminatory. It's a form of racism, itself.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/b...is-form-racism
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...uctive/405037/
    https://www.encyclopedia.com/social-...r-blind-racism

Ignoring context is not addressing context. And your argument for "colorblindness" is nothing but a desire to ignore context, to (ahem) whitewash racial issues out of the rhetoric entirely, and maintain the imbalanced status quo as-is, while dismissing the complaints of those it unfairly works against.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshouttajail View Post
    She literally said she wants less white men at the viewing party or some viewing event, doesn't matter what it was.
    No.

She didn't.

Lying about what she said is not an argument.

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I would say "No" to the anti-SJW movement having any real effect on anything really. They're positively deranged in their vitriol towards social justice.

Just a bunch of whiny dudes and dudettes.

These outrages also serve as HUGE amount of free advertisement for these movies.
    - Dare not to sleep -

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    I really don't mind diversity, but i do dislike diversity for it's own sake.
    I don't go to movies for diversity or social programming, I go to be ENTERTAINED; and I don't find being force fed an agenda to be entertaining.
    So call me one of them, see if I care, I vote with my wallet and don't worry about it one way or another.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I really couldn't care less how many people disagree with the truth.
    Just a reminder, just because you believe your opinion, doesn't make it the truth, even if you're backing it up with credible evidence. Because at the end of the day, you cannot see into the mind/heart of Brie Larson, to, with 100% accuracy, determine what the intent was behind her statements. You can only provide a well educated guess/opinion based on what was said and context.

This is the problematic quote:

“I don’t want to hear what a white man has to say about ‘A Wrinkle in Time.’ I want to hear what a woman of color, a biracial woman has to say about the film. I want to hear what teenagers think about the film.”.
    Whiiich was basically a bullshit excuse for how bad the film was and the critical panning it was getting. I honestly think that studios are exacerbating the "Anti-SJW" crowd and making it its own bogeyman. A lot of it (bar the obvious overly active trolls) is just reactions to the studios crap. Dismissing it all as some anti-sjw agenda hurts everybody in the long run.

These are things that are pissing off fans (Sorry, I mean "offending overentitled white fanboys") that studios KEEP doing. They need to cut out all this shit -

Pretending something is "New" or "Fresh" because you've swapped the gender/ethnicity of characters.
    Ghostbusters was a shitty remake nobody wanted, and Doctor Who is a series that's barely changed it's formula in literally half a century. If the next James Bond is black it will still just be ANOTHER James Bond movie rather than something original. Come up with something new please!

Blaming peoples dislike of your crap by calling them all bigots.
    Marvel added a whole load of new "diverse" titles, with new writers ranging from YA writers to bloggers. Some were great some were direly crap. I'm happy for new writers to have a shot but there was a lot at once and too much was low quality... so Marvel basically called all their fans racists who hated diversity . TLJ almost felt like it was deliberately trolling it's fanbase in places but, again, if people had issues with it they were obviously entitled racists or sexists.

Ignoring history to pretend you're radically progressive
    It was a joke with Wonderwoman that so many reviewers were exclaiming her the first female action hero and action-role model for girls. "Finally a girl that can kick-ass and lead a movie'. Forgetting that the "Action-girl" trope is so massively overdone that it's a cliche, and there have been large amounts of action films lead by women (even whole franchises like Resident Evil and Underworld). Similarly, if you know anything about Star Trek, when the producers made a big announcement (before anything else on the show was even known) that they were FINALLY having a female + African American in a prominent roll, it's not really a surprise that a lot of the fanbase eyerolled.

Ignoring history to pretend everyone's bigoted
    Carrying on with Wonderwoman, there was this great push that it "wasn't for white-men", the same with Black Panther, and Larsons ill thought out comments. White men have always only read comics and flims with white men and now have to get used to the change, they say. But comics and sci-fi fans have always tended to be hugely more progressive than most. The biggest comic during the 80s-90s was about a team being led for a long time by an African woman. We're also forgetting that the entire comic book movie boom was started with the huge success of the Blade movie and his ethnicity was never an issue. When people say Black Panther "isn't for white men" do they not realise that over the past half century the majority of his reader + fanbase have been white males?
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2019-04-09 at 09:34 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Carrying on with Wonderwoman, there was this great push that it "wasn't for white-men", the same with Black Panther, and Larsons ill thought out comments. White men have always only read comics and flims with white men and now have to get used to the change, they say. But comics and sci-fi fans have always tended to be hugely more progressive than most. The biggest comic during the 80s-90s was about a team being led for a long time by an African woman. We're also forgetting that the entire comic book movie boom was started with the huge success of the Blade movie and his ethnicity was never an issue. When people say Black Panther "isn't for white men" do they not realise that over the past half century the majority of his reader + fanbase have been white males?
    My neighbour reads a comic book featuring a talking, funny moose named Hälge. You'd think he loves Moose and could never harm them.
    He still goes out into the woods and shoots Moose dead once per year.

Just because they've seen a diverse roster in fictional settings, doesn't mean they can't be bigots in relation to real people.

I don't see why Black Panther wouldn't be for White people though. It has the White Saviour trope, just a bit less defined than The Help or Hidden Figures. Same as how Wonder Woman has the Born Sexy yesterday and Muh Love Interest-tropes.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post

Carrying on with Wonderwoman, there was this great push that it "wasn't for white-men", the same with Black Panther,(...)
    There was? I've never seen anything like that. I've seen 'important to the black community' and 'milestone for female fans everywhere', but nothing that indicated that the makers of both movies didn't make them for the usual comic book movie crowd. Which includes people of all races and sexes. Same with Captain Marvel, only difference compared to WW and BP is that it was a mediocre movie at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    95% of people that hate these Films do so because they are shit and tacky Films with bad writing and horrible Characters. Sure there probably are some idiots that hate them just because "muh womenz!!" but most of them are not.

These shitty movies though use those 5% to deflect any criticism and boil it down to "THEY JUST DONT WANT STRONK WOMYNS". No People are fine with strong Women, as evidence of movies like Kill Bill, Alien, Terminator 2, Mad Max Fury Road etc being loved by most of the same People that hate the horrible writing of these current Movies.

Rey wasn't shit because she was a Woman, Rey was shit because she was a badly written character. The Ghostbusters movies wasn't shit because it was all Women leads, it was shit because it was a badly written movie. Etc. Movies don't get a free pass for being shit by crying sexism.
    agree, both Alien and Terminator 2 are best examples of strong leading women from my childhood era, no one can deny how badass they were
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Are droids fully self aware? or have a true free will? because as far as i know, most of the droids are fancy computers, and even robots like C-3PO have a full obedience programmed onto them.
    Soooo this is all like EU (legacy? legends? fuck i dont even know what to call it anymore fuck you mickey mouse) stuff, because in terms of the movies yes would can assume that all droids are sentient...but for most part NO they are not. however, when a droid does become sentient, that droid has generally looked at the state of droids around them and then go on organic killing rampages of death until they are destroyed. So the practice of routine memory wiping is commonplace, the restraining bolt tech and yeah the "obedience" programming. i think it had been few 100 years since the last droid uprising by the time of movies. So who knows. its a sci fi fantasy universe. But personally id say Droids are not made sentient but every droid can become sentient.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I haven't actually seen Solo, but I've been told by reliable sources there is a literal social justice warrior robot.
    While she (or it) did have some social justice lines she struck me more as a communist tbh. Revolution of the oppressed droid masses and the like. All of it was on a more comedic note though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.