Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Well sounds harsh but she actually loves Anduin character or she is trying to make Anduin the "main character of WoW" wich it shouldnt be, because its not a "traditional" MMO its a dual faction game where good and evil are "Grey" now, i dont mind the "Dark Horde" thing, but atleast it should happen with better context, i mean, it could be so different if the Alliance attacked Lordaeron first at results of the Arathi Conflict of Sylvi and Anduin.

Right now we are in the downpath of MoP 2.0 with Anduin leading the Alliance trhough Orgrimmar with Saurfang and Baine at his side. With Tyrande appearing with her Sentinels taking down the Door while we fight 2 Undead shamans and Nazgrim 2.0 in the shaped form of Nathanos.

And remember she wrote Thralls story, making an Orc more like a Human, because Humans are the best thing in the World of Warcraft yeeeey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    nor is it a fault of the writers, they are simply working with what they are given.
    Dude, how the flying crap is it NOT the fault of the writers? THEY ARE THE ONES THAT ARE DICTATING THE STORY ALONG WITH THE DISIGNERS. I'm not going to blame any particular character for this godforsaken story because characters don't have control of what they do and how they act, it's these people. A lot of people aren't going to be mad at Sylvanas or Anduin or Tyrande or whoever else, they are going to be mad at the people seating in Irvine,CA because of the story that they decided to implement.

Don't see why people nag on the story so much. It's not even done yet. I like the direction of the story and the impact it has on the horde players more specifically, creating a dichotomy in the horde on sylvanas. That being said I'll wait till the end of the expansion to judge how the story was handled because there's so many options that can happen with sylvanas.
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlhero View Post
    Don't see why people nag on the story so much. It's not even done yet. I like the direction of the story and the impact it has on the horde players more specifically, creating a dichotomy in the horde on sylvanas. That being said I'll wait till the end of the expansion to judge how the story was handled because there's so many options that can happen with sylvanas.
    Guys we found the mmo c account of Christie Golden!

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Why do so many people try to paint Golden as WoW's SJW Boogie(wo)man?

Sometimes I'm not a fan of some of her ideas and storylines, but really she just does what they tell her to write about. And Blizzard is always allowed to ask her to changer her stories whenever they please.
    There are twits of her about toxic masculinity and why anduin is important because of that, also some dark twits that are better to be seen in PM...
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    And sound so fragile that being a hero in a raid, dungeon, or in PvP is essentially improbable. I'm not a fan of her style, but to each their own.
    Unless you play some spellcaster that doesn't use too quick gestures. I think they can cast mind flay without risk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlhero View Post
    Well, I think the same. I still believe this story can be salvaged. Saurfangists are stupid, but they make sense. I treat Saurfang as Warcraft Lenin who will be basically Alliance superweapon. Only thing I want is that Sylvanas won't end up as obligatory boss. If the story has to be good, Sylvanas should hold the majority by herself until she will start to lose. Then I think pragmatical leaders would opt for peace. However, if Tyrande will do something morally grey, Sylvanas can gather all Horde together again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    There are twits of her about toxic masculinity and why anduin is important because of that, also some dark twits that are better to be seen in PM...
    I don't understand why Danuser can't stop her; he is her boss. Well, maybe he hired her to create balance: he is Horde aligned, she is Alliance aligned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    Well sounds harsh but she actually loves Anduin character or she is trying to make Anduin the "main character of WoW" wich it shouldnt be, because its not a "traditional" MMO its a dual faction game where good and evil are "Grey" now, i dont mind the "Dark Horde" thing, but atleast it should happen with better context, i mean, it could be so different if the Alliance attacked Lordaeron first at results of the Arathi Conflict of Sylvi and Anduin.

Right now we are in the downpath of MoP 2.0 with Anduin leading the Alliance trhough Orgrimmar with Saurfang and Baine at his side. With Tyrande appearing with her Sentinels taking down the Door while we fight 2 Undead shamans and Nazgrim 2.0 in the shaped form of Nathanos.

And remember she wrote Thralls story, making an Orc more like a Human, because Humans are the best thing in the World of Warcraft yeeeey.
    Sylvanas is the only one who remembers Alliance actions in Silithus, assasination attempt in Stormheim and Alliance support given to a group of usurpers.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    A hate worthy game? At no point does that make sense, its game, why would you hate it, play something else, you are not the target audience if you hate it, are you? that line alone can spawn en entire debate so lets drop it as is a circular argument hole.

The point is, without even knowing the person, they are being slandered and vilified because you did not like the story addition they made to the game, that behavior is detestable.
    And yet you're the one asking people to hate the game (instead of the writers, but still). Also, delivering a shit product is also detestable, yet Blizzard's story department has been consistently doing that for years. So, once again, the hacks working there are merely reaping what they sow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather Golden than Knaak...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Dude, how the flying crap is it NOT the fault of the writers? THEY ARE THE ONES THAT ARE DICTATING THE STORY ALONG WITH THE DISIGNERS. I'm not going to blame any particular character for this godforsaken story because characters don't have control of what they do and how they act, it's these people. A lot of people aren't going to be mad at Sylvanas or Anduin or Tyrande or whoever else, they are going to be mad at the people seating in Irvine,CA because of the story that they decided to implement.

Because they don't have 100% control over the story. The devs essentially give them a plot to work with, think about it. There's a reason Tyrande didn't just oneshot Nanathos. Why Anduin and Co just let Sylvanas shittalk them at the battle for lorderon, they aren't writing their own novel where they get to control every detail, they're HIRED by Blizzard to take Blizzard's ideas and write them in an entertaining way. Ofc yes, they do hold some of the responsibility for where it goes but even then its understandable because they literally aren't allowed to have a conclusion to the plot. They have to keep writing a coherent story that's essentially very complex and forever ongoing, on top not having it interfere with gameplay AND not having it be biased for either faction.

Do you realize how difficult that is? How basically impossible it is to keep a story going for 10 years without having a serious dip in quality? If anything I'm impressed the writers are able to keep making new ideas up.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Hey yeah was in class so apologies for the late reply.
    No apologies needed. It's a forum, not a phone call where I waited on hold for hours.

The things I cited in my post weren't unfounded, but were based on things I've seen people say on this forum and elsewhere. Yes it does seem crazy because I've seen crazy. Obviously it was hyperbolic but I stand by what I say, some people have suggested some really dumb (imo) directions for the Alliance to go in. As for the comment on masculinity I've seen some really toxic and quite frankly homophobic rhetoric being used in lore discussions before especially when concerning the Alliance and its male characters. Hell you've literally used some in your own post. This forum is really touchy about the subject though so I will relent on going more in-depth on that point unless you want me to.
    There's dumb direction for the Alliance and then there's your talk about Genn eating babies. And I've used what now in my own post? I said Baine desires to cut off his body parts for Anduin's use. You getting homophobic rhetoric out of that is your insertion as I have made not even an effort to specify those uses. And that Baine sent a body part he cut off for Anduin is simply a fact. That he may desire to do so again is nothing more than an extrapolation from that (and the stark insanity that likely caused the incident).

As for Baine, please don't approach me acting like I've been dismissive about Baine's flaws. I'm aware that he is essentially a psuedo-Alliance character at this point but I think that's only because having factions impact gameplay so much restricts the writing heavily especially when it comes to characters working against faction hostility, the clunky plot is only a result of this. Yes it is very awkward to render characters unable to jump ship to other factions while having them do so much in favor of the opposite team. But this isn't a fault of the character nor is it a fault of the writers, they are simply working with what they are given. If you want a better story tell Blizzard to stop relying so hard on faction-pride and reduce the impact of factions in general, don't bitch and treat the writers like garbage over something they don't have total control over.
    Your awareness that he's essentially Alliance must be somewhat wonky then if you think Baine gets crap for "not being edgy" instead of being essentially Alliance. Unless you conflate being essentially Alliance with not being edgy, I guess? And there's nothing rendering NPCs from swapping sides. Just recently we even had some Forsaken trying to leave to Alliance. You'd have a point in regards to player characters, where we have gameplay restrictions in play (as well as Blizzard liking that sweet cash from faction transfers), but Baine isn't one. Instead the reason he's not leaving the Horde to join his god boiking is because in Blizzard's enlightened mind Baine somehow represents what the Horde should be (and contrasts him with the evil Sylvanas that does evil for the sake of evil), because apparently Horde was deep inside Alliance's subject all this time.

And while the writers may not have control over general themes and bigger plot points, they have control over the finer details, because filling the world with them is literally their job after they are handled the general draft for the story. And the finer details aren't exactly stellar either, even in areas not related to faction pride or faction conflict. They can't even check the most basic of basics, like, I dunno, whether the character they're writing about is still alive or not. So we have amazing stories like Warden Stillwater spontaneously resurrecting himself or whatever. And working for Forsaken, even though they are the ones that killed him. For his treason..

As for Cairne I don't agree that he would still remain in everyone's good graces assuming he was in charge until this point in time, especially if he held more pacifistic ideals like his son does considering people shit on Thrall all the time and are only now saying they miss him because they don't like what we have currently. In a game that relies so hard on animosity for the other team to fuel its story, characters who strive for peace will always be looked down upon it doesn't matter what flavor of peace they try to bring because if they ever succeed the game as we know it will come to an end.
    Why wouldn't he? Eitrigg isn't a warmonger either. Who bitches about Eitrigg? No one. Because unlike Baine and Saurfang he's neither an Alliance doormat, nor someone who runs to Alliance to solve (what he perceives as) problems within the Horde for him. Thrall gets flak because he put the ideal of peace on the podium and did everything in his power to do nothing against the Alliance even when they tried to capture a Horde capital, instead turning his attention to Horde members that were negative towards the Alliance. Thrall is the root of the Saurfang and Baine and he gets flak for the same reasons they do. Cairne never even implied he's going to put the Alliance ahead of the Horde like Thrall and Baine did. Neither did Vol'jin. And Vol'jin doesn't get flak for his pacifism either, because he actually showed that if push came to shove he wouldn't just kow tow to the Alliance. Besides, most of shit Thrall gets revolves around the World Shaman Go'el period, him putting Garrosh in charge because of his Grom nostalgia or his emo period after WoD, not his pacifism.

Furthermore you criticize me for being hyperbolic then are incredibly so right after so excuse me if I'm a bit confused. And yes I have seen people say some nasty things about Anduin based on his masculinity so don't try and act like its a non-factor, I am aware of his spidey-sense but I am not too well-versed in the subject, however I sincerely doubt during the course of this expansion that it has been involved much in his spotlights, and you are more than welcome to correct me if I'm wrong. As for everyone fawning over him I don't agree with this either considering we had the people 'thousands of years old' explicitly defy him to go fight at Darkshore, hell even Genn leaves him as well. I don't know what more you want. That's not even addressing the fact that associating age with wisdom is super illogical especially in the context of WoW considering immortal beings do stupid things all the time. For his short time as King I'd say Anduin has performed admirably especially considering he was thrust into the position, he hasn't fucked up colossally because he has a strong support system and the counsel of many friends, if you wanna say that's bland be my guest I respect your opinion but don't act like its surprising or poorly written that he has no issues with anyone considering he hasn't given anyone but the Horde reasons to have issues with him as he has literally been the most agreeable person in the story and has been a driving force for peace since he became relevant.
    Even if I were hyperbolic, which I don't really see, nothing in my post came close to things like baby-eating Genn. That aside, what does Anduin's magical bones not tingling much lately have to do with anything? I mean, sure, Anduin does get some criticism for his performance in BfA too, but I was only giving an example. And his BfA criticism still has little to do with his masculinity, but with things like him not pressing the attack because the Zandalari would be even more sad, his terrible performance at Lordaeron or him letting Saurfang go because he'd rather Saurfang solved his issue for him than let the Alliance win the war by its own merits, because he's still too unwilling to get his hands dirty.

And Tyrande defies him once, for obvious reason. Other than that she, as well as Malfurion and (especially) Velen are Anduin's yes-(wo)men. And those three characters ARE supposedly wise. There's no conflating here. As for Genn, he made an effort to be as non-confrontational as humanely possible towards Anduin in that exchange and only went to Darkshore to repay his debt to the Night Elves for their help in the Cataclysm.

And Anduin has performed terribly. He let Genn and Rogers loose in Stormheim, then did absolutely nothing to punish them despite thinking they were not only in the wrong, but also broke his orders (i.e. became outright traitors to the Alliance) to commit that wrong. Then he brought Genn's unpunished ass to the Gathering to parade him in front of Sylvanas as if he couldn't bring any other of his legions of sycophants. Then he failed in his duties regarding the Gathering that he himself established and didn't vet the priests he brought there, letting a pretender to Sylvanas' throne slip in unnoticed and consequently caused shit to hit the fan there.

Then he let Shaw loose on Silithus without any care about what SI:7 was doing with the Horde, because Stormheim apparently taught him nothing. Then he thought that Silithus alone isn't enough and had Shaw's spies infiltrate Orgrimmar itself en masse. In a way where they'd let the Horde know they are there. Which was his deliberate choice. I.e. he deliberately sent Alliance members to violate Horde's sovereignty and the sanctity of its borders even in Horde's very capital and he wanted it done in a way that'd let the Horde learn that. Then the Alliance sent almost the entire Night Elven army to Silithus to contest Horde's mining operation through military means. And despite all of that he still couldn't fathom why Sylvanas attacked Ashenvale and considered the attack unprovoked.

Then in Lordaeron he led Alliance to its doom, where the Alliance (if Blizzard hack writers paid attention to A Good War) shouldn't have been able to even make a successful naval landing and where they all almost died to the Blight because who could have anticipated Sylvanas would use Blight when defending the very seat of her power. The only reason why Alliance was able to survive Lordaeron and Anduin's bright leadership is because they have plot armor thicker than the great wall of China.

Then we have the aforementioned case where he forfeits a strategic advantage because Trolls would be sad or the part where he sends troops to Darkshore five seconds after he told Tyrande he can't send anyone because the Alliance is stretched too thin as it is (because as he mentioned in the cinematic starting that patch, they already had to conscript peasants to even be able to continue fighting in the fronts they had prior to Darkshore).

Anduin's entire reign is one fuckup after another with him bringing Sylvanas' rage raining down upon the Alliance's heads because he apparently thought the Horde would just willingly take shit from them again and again and again (perhaps he projected Baine onto the Horde as a whole?). And when he's not too busy almost getting everyone killed he spends his time forfeiting advantage, pointlessly extending the war and letting countless more Alliance to die in the fights to come. And he's still surrounded by a legion of yes-men despite that and the lone voice of dissent was Tyrande saying "hey, let's fight in Darkshore too" and not a single person actually questioning his poor decisions.

There's also the fact that he hasn't even been king very long enough to even mess up and this Xpac isn't even halfway over yet so wait for the entire story, it would be much more productive to have discussions about characters when we have the complete picture. Pretty much the only points of weakness in my opinion that would be valid to bring up would be his ability as a war strategist, but that's not an Anduin-centric flaw and has to do with the faction-restriction I talked about earlier. No one is allowed to win so the characters are forced to be dumb to keep the story going.
    This makes no sense. First of all, the expansion is pretty much halfway over as we already had base content and then Zandalar update and now Crucible of Storms. There's Azshara and the finale left. But that's beside the point. The point is that a good later act won't magically salvage a bad first act (or two, in this case). If you had your way lore forum would be silent until the end of expansion. The current arcs of the story are their own plots that stand on their own merits and can be criticized by themselves.

As for your bit about 'deserved' hate that's a load of bull and I won't tolerate that, the writers aren't harming anyone, I don't care how much you despise the story the moment you decide to actively harass them and be cruel you lose all merit in my eyes. Just own up to the fact you are being a dick that's fine I can't force you to be kind but don't try to tout being an ass as the 'logical' result, it isn't and won't ever be. Such a shit attitude over something so subjective.
    The idea that they're not harming anyone is questionable. The stories like War Crimes are so monumentally idiotic they probably killed some brain cells. And that aside, delivering a shit product in such a consistent manner as Blizzard's writers do is outright unethical. The writers are treating the audience with contempt when they do a job so halfassed they repeatedly forget their own story (among a plethora of other flaws). And writers forgetting their own story doesn't exactly fall under subjectivity. Sorry if I don't want to write poems about such behavior. And let's look at some actual writers. GRRM made less mistakes in the entire Song of Ice and Fire than Blizzard does in one expansion and he's been writing it for over two decades, leaving him a colossal amount of time that actually somewhat excuses memory lapses to a degree. And none of his fuckups were as big as self-resurrecting characters. Also, I'm not harassing anyone. Unless you see any WoW writers in this thread.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2019-04-10 at 02:00 PM.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I don't think Golden is a very good writer, but making her a scapegoat for everything wrong with the lore is completely silly. She's a fairly new employee in a huge, established studio, she's not going to actually dictate much of anything, especially since the basic plot of each expansion is likely written a year or two before we even see it revealed at Blizzcon.

The one thing I'll levy against her is that she's wayyyy too much of an Anduin fangirl and it shows. But even so I don't think she decided to make him the perfect Saint Anduin figure we see in the game, that's above her paygrade.

And the direction of the overall plotline is way above her paygrade or even Afriasabi's, Metzen said in an interview that the gameplay leads decide on the greater story beats and the lore team is left to make them work. That's probably a reason why the smaller-scale stories in WoW are usually much better than the grander overarching plot which is made for spectacle above all else.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The one thing I'll levy against her is that she's wayyyy too much of an Anduin fangirl and it shows. But even so I don't think she decided to make him the perfect Saint Anduin figure we see in the game, that's above her paygrade.
    I'd say Anduin is worse in her books than in the game. Vide his magical tingling bones of morality. What you said applies more to Jaina imo, who Golden also likes but actually humiliated her at times in her books (like her bout with Thalen), whereas in the game she became a Mage god.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they don't have 100% control over the story. The devs essentially give them a plot to work with, think about it. There's a reason Tyrande didn't just oneshot Nanathos. Why Anduin and Co just let Sylvanas shittalk them at the battle for lorderon, they aren't writing their own novel where they get to control every detail, they're HIRED by Blizzard to take Blizzard's ideas and write them in an entertaining way. Ofc yes, they do hold some of the responsibility for where it goes but even then its understandable because they literally aren't allowed to have a conclusion to the plot. They have to keep writing a coherent story that's essentially very complex and forever ongoing, on top not having it interfere with gameplay AND not having it be biased for either faction.

Do you realize how difficult that is? How basically impossible it is to keep a story going for 10 years without having a serious dip in quality? If anything I'm impressed the writers are able to keep making new ideas up.
    Basically nothing you said made any damn sense. They are the one's that decide where the story goes, they sit down and say ''this is what is going to happen, this is the faction/character that is getting screwed over to advance the plot''. They are the only ones that are to blame for the awfully predictable story that we've been getting. Not the characters, they don't exist they don't make decsions, these people do.

I can't comprehend this level of shilling to honest, It's baffling. I get that you're someone who thinks everything should get along yada-yada, that's entirely inconsequential, the story is incredibly frustrating and they keep pushing on like nothing is wrong, (as you can see in Ion's latest interview), to act like it's not thier fault is completely nonsensical.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I'd say Anduin is worse in her books than in the game. Vide his magical tingling bones of morality. What you said applies more to Jaina imo, who Golden also likes but actually humiliated her at times in her books (like her bout with Thalen), whereas in the game she became a Mage god.
    I'm waiting to see how many more Jaina cinematics she has in store, I bet like 2 in the next patch alone. In the Azshara patch, where she should get less of a role, I bet you 10$ they are going to shove her in there somehow.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2019-04-10 at 02:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    She's a massive Alliance fangirl. All she cares about is making the Horde look like giant villains and making Anduin look like the golden boy with impenetrable plot armor.
    I can agree with the Anduin comment but it's not just her calling the shots for how the Horde is portrayed in current lore. It's a combination of the entire staff who needs to put at fault for what we've been getting.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

I think the story is better, and Golden has had a noticeably positive impact in the narrative and story delivery. I remember the prologue cinematics had her hand in them, and it was a stark contrast to what we had been used to. Particularly being played right after the cinematic in Argus. I like both, but Argus (and practically every previous cinematic) were just visual spectacles sprinkled with somewhat cheesy one liners - which can be great and charming. But the prologue cinematics and the cinematics since feel like a huge step up above the others. Characters are more fleshed out, humanized, dialogue has more depth and impact, with heavy subtext.

I think that the story direction may not be everyone's preference, which is understandable. I also have criticisms of this expansion's writing (which cannot be blamed on Golden alone, we don't know what she wrote and to what extent, they are a team with a lot of people involved), particularly how they took a story with segments told several months apart, and decided that it'd be fine to leave the story for a year in a state where we don't understand characters' motivations, keeping us in an unsatisfactory place in the storyline for so long. I don't like that they have this excuse of "wait for the rest, it'll tie together in the end" because a story told in this format should find ways to be enjoyable at every step. Setup doesn't have to feel confusing and a chore. In Game of Thrones, for example, I enjoy the setup much more than the actual payoff.

That being said, it's undeniable that this expansion has had a narrative focus that no other has in the past. We've never had such a story driven expansion.
    The war campaign, zone questing, cinematics, all tie in to a cohesive main story. While some elements may be executed better than others, it's still a cut above the rest in terms of narraitve focus. We went from cookie cutter villain of the week expansion, to an actual episodic storyline that keeps us guessing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas is the only one who remembers Alliance actions in Silithus, assasination attempt in Stormheim and Alliance support given to a group of usurpers.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, Sylvannas its just the only one who actively says "well the alliance didnt help us out before vanilla, they despise us because we are undead since the beginning and not helping us to reclaim Lordaeron because you know, the Forsakens are Lordaemerans"

then we have the Howling Fjord problem, where the alliance attacked the Forsaken because well, they are Undead and they are carrying a plague that can kill Arthas.......(up upon this day that i still dont get it). Later on we had the Battle for Undercity.

Then we had the first time that Sylvannas was confronted by a Warchief with the Battle for Gilneas, now thats the first i would say yeah kill her. After that there is an Stagnnation on the forsaken lore after Arathi highlands, hinterlands and of course Andorhal, her war campaign of retaking every Part of the Northland and we jump right into the end of Pandaria? and from them we jump to the Broken SHore, the sinking of the QUeens reprisal on Azuna and the sacking of its content by the alliance and then we had Stormheim the impulsive attack against Sylvannas and her fleet.

And you cant denied that there are a bunch of plot holes that are being filled with nothingness, WoW right now its just "actions" that make no sense, no purpose, and blizzard its forcing it because of "content gating" releasing story between Season like "Episodes" its actually hurting us.

Like many people dont remember the War of THorns or never were there to participate, then we have the short stories that half of the players didnt read, other half didnt read Before the Storm and the other half just plays PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    If they were better their numbers would be better. I play GW2 fairly frequently and its not as good as WoW. It might have some fun aspects but as a whole package it does not compare.
    We weren't talking about the games as a whole, were we? Or are you trying to argue that MMO's are picked for t

post 12, 28. id keep going but thats right on pages 1 and 2. This is true of nearly every thread. The hot majority is faction biased. We have the usual alliance dweebs and the usual horde fan bois.
    If they really were the majority you present it to be, you wouldn't need to go to post 12 to find a first example and you'd get more than one example per page...

It is most definitely not. How many "wOrkS oF ArT" have the esteemed critics on this forums written? Yet they find it oh so easy to call someone else incompetent. Yea they might not be amazing, sure. But id maintain some humility in my critique if I didnt have much traction in the department myself.
    It most definitely is, because even professional critics aren't necessarily authors themselves. By your "logic" one needs to be a professional chef to realize they were served shit on a plate. Not to mention you tried to portray them being employed by Blizzard as some immense achievement. And it really isn't even for the programmers. Blizzard pays little (especially in light of the costs of living in the area) compared to non-gaming companies and as such attracts mostly those that couldn't really cut it in those better companies. Now look at the writers, where Blizzard doesn't give a shit about the story and the quality of the hires is going to be even worse.

The fact that Golden and the rest of the team try to homogenize all the races and to put humans on a major pedestal through characters like Anduin and Jaina, supported by sorry excuses like Baine, Saurfang and Aethas and the fact, that they try to turn the World of Warcraft into a World of Peacecraft, at least when it comes to the factions, shows that it was never a good idea to hire Christie Golden. She doesn't understand this fantasy world at all and tries to change it into something which doesn't work at all. On top of that, we get all this awesome hate on "toxic masculinity" and mindboggling SJW behaviour, which she projects into the World of Warcraft and the characters. Just look at Sylvanas, a temporary champion of Feminisms, who shows all these toxic males in the Horde that a female can be a warchief too! It is so unbelievable stupid.

Don't get me started on her knowledge about somewhat smaller details. Hell, in her fucking "War of Thorns" story a Forsaken Assassin dies by bleeding out, because his arm was ripped out. Which shows, that she doesn't understand how Undead in general and in this universe work. Not that Danuser and Afrasiabi are a lot better at this, but since Christie Golden is a major part of the writer team starting with BfA, the story has gotten even worse compared to the shit show it was since late MoP or in parts even since Classic.
    Last edited by Reinhart11; 2019-04-12 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    She was supposed to be the one who salvaged the WoW story moving forward, however the story has arguably gotten much worse and more bland and predictable since her tenure at Blizzard. And she has been there for a while now, so she would more than able to leave her mark on the story by now.

So what was the point of hiring Christie Golden? Do you believe that she has another agenda that she is pushing?
    UUUUH, well as somebody who hates the current story i think the issue is all the info we need is in the books not the game.. and i'm not buying books for them to have a story that makes sense books should be addons rather than contain main plot.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    We weren't talking about the games as a whole, were we? Or are you trying to argue that MMO's are picked for t
    I was. you quoted me. not the other way round. My initial post was to no one in particular. No one pays for a game WITH a monthly sub just to enjoy its story. Gameplay will and should always take precdence, and while HoA and IE have been absolute shitshows, WoW is still miles ahead of GW2. I should know, i play a Mesmer in GW2 and you realize the level of polish vs WoW when you can portal glitch your way through pretty much anything.

If they really were the majority you present it to be, you wouldn't need to go to post 12 to find a first example and you'd get more than one example per page...
    Really? Based on the fiasco of "Sylvanas evul! kill her" "Alliance babyz lulz" that happens on a near constant basis on this forum you want post by post proof that the majority loud mouths are faction biased and dont understand that its a sub based game with a story for BOTH sides? Half the idiots keep posting stupidity like "At the end of this expac, i want the horde to be over!". Some are so deep in cringeworthy RP they equate sylvanas to stalin lol.

It most definitely is, because even professional critics aren't necessarily authors themselves. By your "logic" one needs to be a professional chef to realize they were served shit on a plate. Not to mention you tried to portray them being employed by Blizzard as some immense achievement. And it really isn't even for the programmers. Blizzard pays little (especially in light of the costs of living in the area) compared to non-gaming companies and as such attracts mostly those that couldn't really cut it in those better companies. Now look at the writers, where Blizzard doesn't give a shit about the story and the quality of the hires is going to be even worse.
    Yea that analogy falls on its face here. If you go to a restaurant and a chef provides you a shit meal, you can get a refund, complain and not come back. If you go back and order the same thing and get the same result, that its on you. If you are so unhappy with the game, are you subbed? Are you continuing to pay to eat shit?

You dont need to be a damned programmer to have the license to critique something. But you do need to have some clout to actually be taken seriously.

I work for Audi. Should I just walk over to some hobo who rides mopeds and let him serenade me on how the new ambient lighting trend in cars is going insane when hes never owned one himself? Hes allowed to his opinion, but given that I actually work for the company, i can simply laugh at him and drive off in my A7.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)