Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The troves really speed things up since you can get a lot of skill points from laundering/fencing and troves often have stacks of items. Pickpocketing is really not ideal until you have are almost done (17) or unless you are a Khajiit
    they literally do not speed up anything for me becasue they are so relatively rare out in a world.

we ARE speaking of troves right? and not the strongboxes inside the buildings? becasue in a time it would take me to get to a single trove that someone else didn't pick up already - i can loot several buildings worth of fensable items inside the city. its just faster to loot instanced containers in my experience then hope for all the thieves troves to be out in a wild, present for looting. I literally find at least 4 times as many chests i can lockpick than i do troves. even with map markers so I know where to look for them. I just never found them particularly reliable.

and yes, pickpocketing is not viable until you are almost done, which is why I said that I switch to it much later. I like to switch to it because of farming for specific things so I kill 2 birds with one stone there, but its not necessary either. its just personal preference. and STILL better and faster than troves in my experience.

seriously, thieves guild skill line has perks that are good. acess to troves though? not so much. its marginal.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2019-04-07 at 10:45 PM.

I leveled Legerdemain super fast with the apple orchard in Belkarth back in the day. The orchard is right outside the den, so it's super fast. There's also a civilian and guard you can pickpocket.

Yeah. I find troves all the time? Maybe I am very lucky?
    or maybe you should try my method and see if you like it better? :P incidentally it also results in several dyes - from breaking and entering and eventual pickpocketing. not to mention a plethora or furnishing recipes. they don't sell for as much nowadays, but back when I leveled all my main thieves, those recipes were like 70% of my trade guild income.

It's OK with my thieving alt but my main is a law-abiding citizen! He just has some locksmithing and sneaking skill because he is an adventurer
    fair enough

15+ Year Old Account
    It's OK with my thieving alt but my main is a law-abiding citizen! He just has some locksmithing and sneaking skill because he is an adventurer
    "law-abiding citizen"
    "adventurer"

KHAJIIT IS INNOCENT OF THIS CRIME!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

So we have a date for the Elsweyr PTS, April 15th. Prepare your Khajiit memes!
    m.bacc6666
    Last edited by Hannah25; 2019-04-17 at 09:36 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannah25 View Post
    So we have a date for the Elsweyr PTS, April 15th. Prepare your Khajiit memes!

Can't wait to test necro on the PTS!
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Necro comes out with Elsweyr correct?

Pretty stoked to try one out when they're released! A bit of me wants them to be similar to Necro in DAoC, but I know it won't even be nearly the same.
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felmourn View Post
    Necro comes out with Elsweyr correct?

Pretty stoked to try one out when they're released! A bit of me wants them to be similar to Necro in DAoC, but I know it won't even be nearly the same.
    Yes, necro comes out with Elsweyr. Elsweyr PTR testing starts 15th this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Yes, necro comes out with Elsweyr. Elsweyr PTR testing starts 15th this month.
    Probably will end up buying it and coming back on PS4 knowing me. I fucking love Necromancers. It's my favourite class in any RPG setting. Except Diablo 3 where they flat out ruined it.

Any time me and friends play D&D I choose Necromancer.... which pisses them off because they want me to pick something support like for a change like a Cleric or whatnot.

- - - Updated - - -

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...pc-eu-april-10

They've actually had to implement a login queue because of the recent influx of new players. Must be getting a huge influx if they've had to do that which is amazing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Probably will end up buying it and coming back on PS4 knowing me. I fucking love Necromancers. It's my favourite class in any RPG setting. Except Diablo 3 where they flat out ruined it.

Any time me and friends play D&D I choose Necromancer.... which pisses them off because they want me to pick something support like for a change like a Cleric or whatnot.

- - - Updated - - -

They've actually had to implement a login queue because of the recent influx of new players. Must be getting a huge influx if they've had to do that which is amazing.
    It's been very laggy recently and the queues for BG's and dungeons are broken, because of the overcrowding. Hopefully they can get that extra capacity up and running soon.

It's been very laggy recently and the queues for BG's and dungeons are broken, because of the overcrowding. Hopefully they can get that extra capacity up and running soon.
    Aye it probably is a bit hellish ingame at the moment. But it's great to see so much new blood joining the game. It deserves it.

15+ Year Old Account
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...te-april-11/p1

Everyone,

After seeing the commentary about the queuing system being enabled on the PC EU servers yesterday, I thought I'd let everyone know what has been leading up to this, and what we are doing to alleviate the situation.

Please note that the situation that led to the queuing system being enabled is not related to the overall client performance issues that we talked about at the end of last year - those engine optimizations are still underway and hopefully you'll see them in-game at some point this year. The situation that led to queuing has nothing to do with client performance - it is because our servers are overloaded.

Starting in January we've had an influx of new players - we've have had some of our highest weekly average user, daily active user, and peak concurrent user numbers in the last six weeks since we launched on console back in 2015. So, it was in January when EU players started noticing degraded server performance. We made tweaks and updates to the service to free up extra database resources and other boosts to performance, which is why you have been seeing more and longer maintenance outages than normal in the last couple of months.

However, in late March, we really saw a huge spike in the number of users logging in, which led to too many concurrent users for the platform to effectively support. As a result, players on PC EU have seen a severe degradation in service. This degradation started in January, but has greatly accelerated in the last week - lag spikes, disconnects, inability to zone from instance to instance, weird interactions with LFG, etc. These problems are greatly exacerbated by having serious load on the servers, as there are too many users for the hardware to handle.

A quick aside: these problems affect the PC EU more than the other megaservers because it has our highest peak concurrency of any of our six megaservers. The reason: the EU is a highly PC-centric gaming market - and also because almost all of our EU players are located in two time zones. Compared to the North American servers, where there are four time zones to spread out the "peak playing time", the EU has almost all its users logged in at the same time, which leads to very high peak usage.

So, here is what we are doing to fix the problem:

• Short term, we are turning on our queuing system (as you saw yesterday), which will cap the maximum number of players allowed on the PC EU megaserver. You should only see the queue at peak times, when demand is higher than the hardware supports. As was posted yesterday, the estimated time to login may not be 100% accurate, but it will give you an idea of how big the line is. ALSO: if you are disconnected from the server for any reason, you should have a twenty minute grace period to log back in and "skip" the queue.
    • Longer term: we are spinning up additional hardware in both our NA and EU datacenters in order to support our growing user base. We expect the time frame for this to be about two weeks, but we will keep you posted. And yes, we are adding more capacity to PC NA as well as EU because we are rapidly approaching the same problem in NA and want to get ahead of it. We will also be looking very closely at our Console megaservers to make sure they have enough capacity.
    I know it is frustrating to be stuck in queue, but it is better to do this than have the entire service be unstable and frustrating for everyone. We will do everything we can to get the new hardware online as quickly as possible and stop queuing and have the service return to normal. Stay tuned for details.

Matt

Matt Firor
    ESO Game Director
    Hooray for the bolded part!

That's a damn good problem to have. It's awesome seeing the game stumble out of the gate, regain its footing, and really seem to take off from there rather than just sustain/slowly contract.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's a damn good problem to have. It's awesome seeing the game stumble out of the gate, regain its footing, and really seem to take off from there rather than just sustain/slowly contract.
    Yeah all the WoW refugees are flocking in ESO. Thanks Blizzard.

And the new ESO expansion is still a month and a half away - surely it will get even more crowded once it's live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Welll i am working on a kind of healing necro soo maybe if i finish it it will help out

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah all the WoW refugees are flocking in ESO. Thanks Blizzard.

And the new ESO expansion is still a month and a half away - surely it will get even more crowded once it's live.
    Welll ESO and FFXIV..With a few going gw2..but yeah ESO and FFXIV are definitely getting the lions share

The troves really speed things up since you can get a lot of skill points from laundering/fencing and troves often have stacks of items. Pickpocketing is really not ideal until you have are almost done (17) or unless you are a Khajiit
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    or maybe you should try my method and see if you like it better? :P incidentally it also results in several dyes - from breaking and entering and eventual pickpocketing. not to mention a plethora or furnishing recipes. they don't sell for as much nowadays, but back when I leveled all my main thieves, those recipes were like 70% of my trade guild income.
    Did they patch the livestock stealing thing on Khenarthi's Roost? I leveled mine up super easy with this. On the east side of the island just a little ways from the wayshrine is a flock of sheep that are livestock and owned by the shepherds there. They go down with one bow shot and everything on them is considered stolen. Unfortunately to make sure you don't get caught you'll need to kill the shepherds, but you can stock up on a TON of items in a relatively short amount of time...so long as it's not being overly farmed by other people. I spent about 2 hours there one day and got enough items to fully level up Legerdemain over the next few days through fencing and laundering.

The value of the item doesn't have an impact on leveling up, just the number of items you fence and/or launder.

Some things to note because we have a lot of new ESO players.

The ESO Chapter PTS is not like a WoW PTR or the normal PTS. If it works like the Summerset and Morrowind ones then:

a) access will only be available for those who have prepurchased the Chapter
    b) there WILL be an NDA for Elsweyr, most likely limited to the story of the zone
    for dummies (me):
    to play a necro on pts I have to pre-purchase elsweyr?

10+ Year Old Account
    BTW - Been farming Sky Anchors for Fighters Guild Rep. I always see cake - how do I get cake?
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felmourn View Post
    BTW - Been farming Sky Anchors for Fighters Guild Rep. I always see cake - how do I get cake?
    Start the festival quest from the crown store (it's free).