Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Good for her?

Most attorneys I meet are very far from intelligent. Its more of a political arena if anything so I sure her being a socialite will get her far.

So she got fooled by a criminal and now she thinks she can be a lawyer?

Alice Johnson wasn’t just some “non violent first timer” who got busted with some pot.....she was involved in a multiple million dollar drug conspiracy for years and was working with a Columbian drug cartel.

She and her partner brought in over 3 tons of cocaine for the cartel. She bought and modified cars to run the drugs and money and rented an apt in her daughters name for the mules to stay in. She bought a cleaning company to use to launder the drug money. She also rented hotel rooms under her relatives names. Over 11,000 calls to and from her phone or the mules phones were made.

Yeah - she duped Kim and the rest of the left. This woman deserved to be in prison. But I guess that will make Kim excellent for the job as most lawyers are crooks getting guilty criminals off the hook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    So she got fooled by a criminal and now she thinks she can be a lawyer?

Alice Johnson wasn’t just some “non violent first timer” who got busted with some pot.....she was involved in a multiple million dollar drug conspiracy for years and was working with a Columbian drug cartel.

She and her partner brought in over 3 tons of cocaine for the cartel. She bought and modified cars to run the drugs and money and rented an apt in her daughters name for the mules to stay in. She bought a cleaning company to use to launder the drug money. She also rented hotel rooms under her relatives names. Over 11,000 calls to and from her phone or the mules phones were made.

Yeah - she duped Kim and the rest of the left. This woman deserved to be in prison. But I guess that will make Kim excellent for the job as most lawyers are crooks getting guilty criminals off the hook.
    Donald Trump is the left now?

Why does this matter?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Donald Trump is the left now?
    Maybe in his righteous zeal to pin something on the dreaded LEFT, he forgot that Kim is married to Kanye West who, if memory serves, was buddying up to Trump as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    She's not going to law school. She's doing a 4 year apprenticeship and then taking the bar exam
    Tired and mistyped, you knew what I meant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    She can do whatever she wants to do. Just like we can do whatever we want to do. If she finds success in doing so without paying people off, great for her. I’ve never really watched any of those reality shows but I do know about them cuz my aunt and grandma used to have them on all the time.
    I highly doubt she's spending 18h a week in a law firm but if she isn't then she's only hurting herself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    It's strange that we live in a society that simultaneously mocks lawyers and has a saying like "the man who represents himself has a fool for a client." I can pretty much guarantee you that you would not want to live a culture without lawyers.
    I think the issue with lawyers is that law school shapes you to only care about winning and almost nothing else, that youthful idealism of wanting to better society is thrown out the window in the first semester for most students.

That being said, some classmates whose stated goal was nonprofit/environmental/animal rights law ended up doing some influential do-gooder work. I have a friend who moved to DC and is general counsel for the American Humane Society.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Tired and mistyped, you knew what I meant.
    No, I didn't. This is the MMO-C. For all I know you just decided not to read anymore than the headline. With certain posters here, not reading the entire article before creating a thread about it is their M.O.

But, if you say that's what you meant...then I'll take you at your word.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I would not be surprised at all if she passed the bar and got her license tbh. The few times I've heard her speak I've noticed how witty, sarcastic and self-aware she is. Considering how much wealth and success she managed to squeeze out of America, she probably is much smarter than people give her credit for. And with all the money and time in the world, why shouldn't she be able to study for the bar and pass it? when it comes to academics I firmly believe than anyone with enough determination and time can get to a post-grad level quite smoothly, with of course some people having an easier time than others. I really wouldn't be surprised at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt she is stupid. She is both one of the most loathed and famous people in America, along with her family. How? With a sex tape. She took 15 minutes, flipped it, reversed it, and now her family will be eating good for 3-4 generations.

Don't forget that her father was a lawyer.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    No, I didn't. This is the MMO-C. For all I know you just decided not to read anymore than the headline. With certain posters here, not reading the entire article before creating a thread about it is their M.O.

But, if you say that's what you meant...then I'll take you at your word.
    It was, I linked a pdf about mentorship programs in CA in the OP. I'm not Hubcap

It was, I linked a pdf about mentorship programs in CA in the OP. I'm not Hubcap
    You certainly are not Hubcap...And I really did mean it when I said I took you at your word
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I would not be surprised at all if she passed the bar and got her license tbh. The few times I've heard her speak I've noticed how witty, sarcastic and self-aware she is. Considering how much wealth and success she managed to squeeze out of America, she probably is much smarter than people give her credit for. And with all the money and time in the world, why shouldn't she be able to study for the bar and pass it? when it comes to academics I firmly believe than anyone with enough determination and time can get to a post-grad level quite smoothly, with of course some people having an easier time than others. I really wouldn't be surprised at all.
    I've also heard her speak and she sounds like a complete dumbass imo, which is why I laughed out loud for a good minute before posting this thread. I'd be 1000% surprised if she passed the bar on her own volition. I also view her and her family as a massive shitstain on the culture of this country. But if she is sincere and willing to put the work in and is intellectually capable of the work and is able to pass the bar then she deserves being congratulated.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    This is what I was thinking... She has millions of dollars and what she decides to do with her time and resources is... become a lawyer. Rofl.
    Honestly, if she was sincere about helping others I think she'd be better off starting a nonprofit and having a legal team handle that stuff. She'd be great at the fundraising end, she turned a pee tape into gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I say that, but I clicked on the thread about her. So maybe I am part of the retarded bunch.
    News like this is like driving past a car crash, it's hard not to check out the carnage as you drive on by.

I think the issue with lawyers is that law school shapes you to only care about winning and almost nothing else, that youthful idealism of wanting to better society is thrown out the window in the first semester for most students.
    But the literal job of lawyers (at least those everyone likes to shit on) is to get the best possible outcome for their client. Be that the state or a private individual/group. If you're in court or in some other legal dispute, I somehow doubt you want a lawyer representing you that has priorities other than winning.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    But the literal job of lawyers (at least those everyone likes to shit on) is to get the best possible outcome for their client. Be that the state or a private individual/group. If you're in court or in some other legal dispute, I somehow doubt you want a lawyer representing you that has priorities other than winning.
    Yeah I understand why we are trained that way but the profession creates/attracts some shitty human beings who do not even side-eye what justice is. It's all kindof a farce anyway, had one "colleague" point out which judges can be bought and for how much in a certain court early on and I was so disgusted that I just walked off while he was still prattling off names.

10+ Year Old Account
    So is Donald Trump.

Most of America is retarded, and I say that as an American. The people who loathe her are the ones who aren't retarded.

Well I say that, but I clicked on the thread about her. So maybe I am part of the retarded bunch.
    WELL idk about you but i clicked on it because celista always makes inbtersting threads.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    WELL idk about you but i clicked on it because celista always makes inbtersting threads.
    I make shitty threads and the quality of most of my posts is questionable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good for her trying to better herself. I cant see any down side to this unless it is a publicity grab. Everyone should try to better themselves like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait a minute did you just compliment a Draenei!?!
    i uhm uh did not compliment a smelly stinnkt dum dum draenei.

- - - Updated - - -

I make shitty threads and the quality of most of my posts is questionable.
    no your thinking og hubcaps.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i uhm uh did not compliment a smelly stinnkt dum dum draenei.

- - - Updated - - -

no your thinking og hubcaps.
    He had a pretty good one several weeks ago that had a philosophical bent to it, was essentially Descartes/Phil101 level but was pleasantly surprised. Miss some of our old posters sometimes, hope Nixx is doing well in his neuroscience program.