View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    That's your response? I've laid into you before on this thread, but honestly it's starting to feel like kicking a puppy. I guess it really is starting to sink in that you've lost. You can't say you weren't warned, repeatedly. Your Brexit is dying. It may already be dead, but like a dinosaur the brain hasn't realised it yet. An ageing population won't save it. Reese-Mogg won't save it. The Gammonball march didn't save it. Hate can only take anything so far, and fair play to the Brexit crowd, they kept it going a good few years. But the lies have been exposed to the light, the people driving the whole thing have been shown up as fake and duplicitous. The unicorns just never appeared. In 20 years time they will be teaching this in schools and the children will marvel that our country could have ever been so backward.
    Why do you think this? It seems to me like Brexit is very likely to happen by default in october?

I wouldn't expect it to last very long - the case for a second referendum becomes very strong after Brexit is actually implemented. But it seems like a racing certainty unless there is something I'm not aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I don't think at any point in time Lab or Con could be accused of putting senior or quality candidates forward for EP elections.
    That would explain Farage.

The latest Westminster voting intention poll, with the inclusion of the new parties, show the Cons taking a massive 10 point hit however Lab have failed to capitalise on the Cons' poor Brexit performance and gain any ground losing 3 points themselves. The biggest winner is CHUK, having gained 8 points, followed by Farage's Brexit party and then UKIP!

It is possible that by the time the next GE comes around that the single issue Brexit parties could be polling at similar levels to the main two!

I think it is real cause for concern that Brexit is pushing voters towards the likes of UKIP, who are not even bothering to hide their racist elements any longer.

https://twitter.com/britainelects/st...08675306209280
    Last edited by Pann; 2019-04-11 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Fuck this. Fuck that. Fuck everything about Brexit. GTFO now or revoke article 50.
    I would if I could but I can't....

As the saying goes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    The latest Westminster voting intention poll, with the inclusion of the new parties, show the Cons taking a massive 10 point hit however Lab have failed to capitalise on the Cons' poor Brexit performance and gain any ground losing 3 points themselves. The biggest winner is CHUK, having gained 8 points, followed by Farage's Brexit party and then UKIP!

It is possible that by the time the next GE comes around that the single issue Brexit parties could be polling at similar levels to the main two!

I think it is real cause for concern that Brexit is pushing voters towards the likes of UKIP, who are not even bothering to hide their racist elements any longer.

https://twitter.com/britainelects/st...08675306209280
    I don't think it is too much of a concern as long as the Tories do the decent thing and put in place a Prime Minister that believes in a clean Brexit rather than remaining.

If Theresa May doesn't go soon and Boris, or someone of his ilk, doesn't take over her party will continue to haemorrhage voters towards Nigel Farage's Brexit Party and the now Tommy Robinson advised UKIP.

Polls like this just seal Theresa May's, and arguably Corbyns fate.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Nope, it's that people didn't pay attention or they wilfully ignored what was being said at the time.

Theresa May
    George Osborne
    Major & Blair
    Mandy

I'm more than happy to acknowledge the vast majority of it passed me by too. But it's not right to say it wasn't discussed.
    I stand corrected. I shouldn't have made that claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    To be fair, they are both crap - so this is not necessarily a bad thing

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    Agreed, perhaps I'll see you at one of the launch rallies over the weekend :P

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

I don't think it is too much of a concern as long as the Tories do the decent thing and put in place a Prime Minister that believes in a clean Brexit rather than remaining.

If Theresa May doesn't go soon and Boris, or someone of his ilk, doesn't take over her party will continue to haemorrhage voters towards Nigel Farage's Brexit Party and the now Tommy Robinson advised UKIP.

That assumes that the Tories will hang on to remain supporting voters.

Replacing May will not change the parliamentary maths, a leave supporting PM will still face the same problem that there are roughly 300-400 MPs that will not let no-deal pass through Parliament and it is unlikely that the Con's minority government problem could be solved by a GE, especially as CHUK are appearing to hoover up disillusioned remain supporters whilst disgruntled leavers are going over to UKIP and the Brexit party.

Also, I do not understand the support that many leave supporters have for Johnson, Boris will do what Boris always does and put his own interests first, and he will flip as soon as those interests stop aligning with leave.

Who is better? The Tory party has a roster of senior MPs that ranges from powerfully incompetent to frustratingly idiotic, Labour has no real option outside Corbyn himself, the LibDems are a nothingness.

That leaves us the corporate fantasists in the Independent Group, the frothing racists now running UKIP, the bullshit merchant extraordinaire Farage?

What a fucking shit show.

Agreed, perhaps I'll see you at one of the launch rallies over the weekend :P

Why are you celebrating this? They will take voters primarily from the Tories. Which means the Tories will have less chance of getting a majority. The Tories are the only party with even the slightest intention of carrying out anything more than a BINO. You are literally cheering the death of your dream.

Your lack of understanding is turning you into a parody.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo202 View Post
    Who is better? The Tory party has a roster of senior MPs that ranges from powerfully incompetent to frustratingly idiotic, Labour has no real option outside Corbyn himself, the LibDems are a nothingness.

That leaves us the corporate fantasists in the Independent Group, the frothing racists now running UKIP, the bullshit merchant extraordinaire Farage?

What a fucking shit show.
    Several Tory MPs, several Labour MPs, several TIG MPs for a start, but you probably view them all as corporate fantasists (whatever that means) so would disagree with that

7+ Year Old Account
    Why are you celebrating this? They will take voters primarily from the Tories. Which means the Tories will have less chance of getting a majority. The Tories are the only party with even the slightest intention of carrying out anything more than a BINO. You are literally cheering the death of your dream.

I like it that that's the way you think but it a false assumption that the brexit party will steal primarily Tory votes. You may not like the figures, but more than 60% of Labour constituencies voted for Brexit. The Labour opposition in conjunction with the Conservatives have collectively failed their electorate.

Why not your good self be a part of the future? Instead of hankering after the past, get with the programme and join the only party who will unify the splits in the Labour party and those of the Tories.

See you at the rally, watch the future unfurl before your eyes, you know it makes sense!

I like it that that's the way you think but it a false assumption that the brexit party will steal primarily Tory votes.
    Except it's not an assumption - its literally what the polling data is saying. Or do you think -10 is less of a drop vs -3?

You may not like the figures, but more than 60% of Labour constituencies voted for Brexit.
    But as we also know, a very large number of the people who voted leave in those constituencies did not vote for Labour in the GE, so your argument falls over immediately.
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-04-11 at 11:52 AM.

Time to bring back the 350m NHS bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    off topic about the banking system

You kinda have to burn it down to change, tho. Our banking system is a fractional reserve system, to change the system you'd have to get rid of it which pretty much means burning the system down. Look up "Giralgeldschöpfung", but a bit deeper than the wikipedia article. Try something like this book.
    There are ways other than fire to get rid of something.

7+ Year Old Account
    Except it's not an assumption - its literally what the polling data is saying. Or do you think -10 is less of a drop vs -3?

But as we also know, a very large number of the people who voted leave in those constituencies did not vote for Labour in the GE, so your argument falls over immediately.
    80% + of the electorate voted for parties who promised Brexit in their manifesto at the GE. The figures are the figures, no getting away from them.

They have all been betrayed. Other than the now extreme UKIP there is only one new sanctuary for them. And it is not the Lib Dems.

You will see in a few weeks at the EU elections....I can picture it now can you? The grinning smile of a man with a pint and a fag in his hand after the results across all the media and on every front page.

I like how Dribs is pissed off because yesterday no-deal died.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    People don't turn 80 and suddenly hate the EU.
    Then how do you explain dribbs?

80% + of the electorate voted for parties who promised Brexit in their manifesto at the GE. The figures are the figures, no getting away from them.
    Still arguing that everyone who voted for Labour wants Brexit delivered, when all polling shows that a majority of Labour voters and party members want to either revoke article 50 or have a people's vote to resolve the issue?
    You will see in a few weeks at the EU elections....I can picture it now can you? The grinning smile of a man with a pint and a fag in his hand after the results across all the media and on every front page.
    UKIP got 27% of the vote in 2014, current polling has UKIP + the Brexit party combined on 18% vs revoke and remain parties on 20%.

If you want to celebrate your share of the vote dropping by 1/3 (even more then that in reality when UKIP are competing against the Brexit party for the racist vote) then go right ahead and enjoy that. People like me who have never really bothered with EU elections previously will now absolutely be voting in every single one we can against your lazy timewasting racist crowd, so good luck ever getting close to 27% again.
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-04-11 at 12:23 PM.