Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    The nerf to MF is a real dick move from Anet. Since the patch i have gotten 2 pieces of exotic gear and i do Pala and tequatl every day with 250% MF without buffs.

After a Pala run i allways got 1-3 pieces of Exotic, but after the patch is has been nothing but blue, green and yellow gear and that sucks after using so much time boosting my MF
    The change was to remove the double dipping of MF. Previously, the initial drop made use of MF and then identifying it had a second chance with MF.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    Also after the layoffs finding out they haven't been working on the next expansion is crazy. What do they even spend most of their time on? No wonder they laid off so many people. The company was probably bloated full of people being paid to do nothing.

The game has so much potential, but it's almost like Anet doesn't have the energy they once did.
    They were working on other projects. Since the layoffs they have been much more focused. Better communications, nice QoL changes, etc.

Well this was weird.

Was reinstalling and logged in on the launcher and got asked to verify my email. Hit send and nothing arrived....

/Shrug guess it must of just been a bug or something. Can log in just fine and whatnot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Well this was weird.

Was reinstalling and logged in on the launcher and got asked to verify my email. Hit send and nothing arrived....

/Shrug guess it must of just been a bug or something. Can log in just fine and whatnot.
    Thats not the 'you logged in from an unknown network' or whatever message. A lot of people, myself included, got the popup. Probably just the front end page of something they were working on.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Final episode teaser, name is War Eternal, we'll probably fight Kralk in the Mists.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Took a look at the Reddit thread for the new ad. Sheesh, everyone is being salty there.

I'm not seeing the "Fortnite" or "generic mobile game" vibe everyone seems to be getting. It's nice to see GW2 interpreted in a different artstyle. No, the 25 second short doesn't tell an entire in depth story like the WoW or FFXIV expansion cinematics. It's a 25 second ad for new players.

I love how the heroine rushes to help up the two adventurers, and how the Asura came back to stand with her! Gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling when heroes actually act like heroes and help and protect their people, rather than just killing evil.

As for the state of Anet, I'm worried. MMORPGs are expensive to maintain and decline in popularity as time goes on. Common sense dictates that it'd be better to distribute your money across several products so that you can cover your failures, and here we are, with a declining MMORPG being what Anet plans to use to stay afloat. Perhaps this marketing push to bring in new players (painting GW2 murals, the new CGI ad, the welcome back campaign) is to increase GW2's playerbase as much as possible before the end of the Kralkatorik saga. No way we're going to get around to all six dragons, and Anet knows it. It's why they wrote Primordus and Jormag out of the storyline. The playerbase wasn't invested in their "collect the seven Dragon Balls/Sept-Terrions kill the six Elder Dragons" plot; the audience is invested in the conflict with Jormag, who has been built up as a climatic villain since the 2010 Edge of Destiny novel. He's be built up ingame for two seasons and an expansion. He is the perpetrator of our protagonist's tragic backstory and the object of their obsession. Sure, he's a flat character, but we care not so much for the character, but for the impact he has had on the characters and world we care about. I'd imagine that once Anet announced the end of the Kralkatorik saga, there'd be a flood of players returning to GW2 to see how it all ends, and consequently a surge in revenue from players purchasing Living World episodes and Path of Fire. That'd be Anet's best chance to milk as much money as they can out of the game and end the Elder Dragon storyline on a high note, concluding long running character arcs and plotlines and leaving players satisfied. They could then use that money to either start new, smaller scale projects, or start a new storyline altogether that would pique player's interests while Anet still has a large playerbase who have great memories of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Supposedly thats not a new ad but an old holdover from their mobile project. TBH its interesting to see GW2 in CGI but I think its out of place with GW2 aesthetics. I wouldn 't be mad if they replaced it though, people on reddit act like a bunch of babies.

I want to start playing Guild Wars2. Anyone got any tipos, or links to good guides?

Quote Originally Posted by algislolo View Post
    I want to start playing Guild Wars2. Anyone got any tipos, or links to good guides?
    Some tips:

While leveling, go pick all the materials you find in the minimap (trees, minerals, vegetables...), you will need later for crafting or just to make some gold selling it in the Black Lion Auction House.

Complete maps, they are mostly awesome and very different between zones.

When choosing your personal story, you only choose until level 40 or so, then its the same story for everyone.

Try to salvage all the gear you dont need (except exceptional (yellow) gear, you probably are gonna make more profit selling it), and also have a recolection tool backup in your bags.

Some links:

Useful builds, for almost every aspect in the game (this one is the open world part)

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Took a look at the Reddit thread for the new ad. Sheesh, everyone is being salty there.

I'm not seeing the "Fortnite" or "generic mobile game" vibe everyone seems to be getting. It's nice to see GW2 interpreted in a different artstyle. No, the 25 second short doesn't tell an entire in depth story like the WoW or FFXIV expansion cinematics. It's a 25 second ad for new players
    I dunno, I got some much more "playdoh-y character like Fortnite and other games" vibe watching it. Visually, it definitely didn't scream "GW2!" and had I not known the races or some of the items on display I'd have never been able to tell what it was based on the art style since it's so different from the base-game. Not remotely the painterly art direction that I utterly love.

Honestly...if you were to tell me this was a repurposed mobile ad from a canceled game I'd totally believe it. This isn't a terrible ad, but it's also not great IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Honestly...if you were to tell me this was a repurposed mobile ad from a canceled game I'd totally believe it. This isn't a terrible ad, but it's also not great IMO.
    I liked it well enough, though yeah I wouldn't be surprised if it was some other thing.

But really, this is better than like, any ad we ever actually GOT for GW2, isn't it?

Not talking release trailers, but I'm sure most of us have blocked out the old GW2 ads.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I liked it well enough, though yeah I wouldn't be surprised if it was some other thing.

But really, this is better than like, any ad we ever actually GOT for GW2, isn't it?

Not talking release trailers, but I'm sure most of us have blocked out the old GW2 ads.
    The live action one? If that's what you're talking about, agreed. Never quite "got" the ad/trailer. I got the angle they were going for, it just felt awkwardly forced and odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The live action one? If that's what you're talking about, agreed. Never quite "got" the ad/trailer. I got the angle they were going for, it just felt awkwardly forced and odd.
    I remember the live action one, yeah. I have vague memories of a couple others that were also just bad, but more forgettable. It has been a while now, though.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    By the way, if you're new like me or just missed it Season 4 episode 3 is free on the gem store today and Episode 4 will be free tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    They've been giving the season 4 episodes away for free over the last couple of weeks (the game has been on sale too but, Anet still have issues with marketing...). Wonder if they are going to right into episode 6?

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    They've been giving the season 4 episodes away for free over the last couple of weeks (the game has been on sale too but, Anet still have issues with marketing...). Wonder if they are going to right into episode 6?
    That's the assumption, it's part of a big "come back to GW2" push they're doing apparently in light of the other projects getting canceled and folks moving back to GW2.

I'm super down with it though, great way to bring in new folks and get them the latest LS content (it's unlocked even if you don't own PoF, though you'll still need PoF to play them) so that barrier of entry to be "current" is lower.

Teaser for new episode (nothing about story).

Also, new events are coming. World bosses will have extra loot next week, then there'll be meta event revamp for PoF coupled with temporal disappearance of diminishing returns on all meta event rewards.
    Looking for Raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Season finale

Now to hope there's a decent sale on the few GPU's I'm looking to get since my old one died. I'm avoiding info about the update (specifically story related) as per my usual, I like going into these with zero expectations or idea of what's coming. Going to be neat seeing how they wrap up this storyline and what breadcrumbs they leave for the next LS season.

New map is very impressive.
    Looking for Raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    New map is very impressive.
    Holy shit that is purdy.

Question. Have they updated this to use DX11, 12 or multicore support yet?