Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Racism in online gaming

Just in case people missed it here is the link:

https://twitter.com/Yes_ItsRose/stat...G2G4zM0lzpyPgY

I am absolutely disgusted that this kind of behavior is still going on. People with education choose to be racist and I for one don't think the guy that is spewing all the racist BS even has an education. I am only posting this to spread the word. People thinking saying whatever you want on the internet just because you are behind a monitor does not make it right.

I am ashamed to even be part of a intelligent species, which by far isn't intelligent enough apparently to comprehend that discrimination is flat out wrong.

As much as i agree with you, you are missing the fact that racism is present almost everywhere, even on this very forum even some mods as well as alot of users are racist af and that goes for years now. I honestly think there is nothing we can do if its so commonly acteptable by most ppl.

15+ Year Old Account
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Assholes exist. More news at 11.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    As much as i agree with you, you are missing the fact that racism is present almost everywhere, even on this very forum even some mods as well as alot of users are racist af and that goes for years now. I honestly think there is nothing we can do if its so commonly acteptable by most ppl.
    I know racism exists everywhere around the world. And accepting it cannot be a common act. I can't believe you just said that. We as humans can always do better and there are people out there still that still chooses to be racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Cena View Post
    I know racism exists everywhere around the world. And accepting it cannot be a common act. I can't believe you just said that. We as humans can always do better and there are people out there still that still chooses to be racist.
    The thing about racism is you can never get rid of it even if you want it.

Racism is part of the human nature like it or not.

Teammate and "Very close friend" called KFCBlackness
    Continually posting their PSNs for their personal army to go and harass them back

I'm sure she was REALLY upset about this thing and not just seeking attention.

Im not saying it should be accepted, im saying its so common and so many seams to be fine with it that is close to immposible to do anything about it.

Someone said something to someone over the internet...happens every day....grow thicker skin and move on.....sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.

It's for attention. Kids like attention. What can you do?

Quote Originally Posted by derien View Post
    Someone said something to someone over the internet...happens every day....grow thicker skin and move on.....sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.
    That's beacuse you're a simpleton.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Assholes exist. More news at 11.
    I agree. Nothing new and doesn't only exist in gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

I am absolutely disgusted that this kind of behavior is still going on. People with education choose to be racist and I for one don't think the guy that is spewing all the racist BS even has an education. I am only posting this to spread the word. People thinking saying whatever you want on the internet just because you are behind a monitor does not make it right.

I am ashamed to even be part of a intelligent species, which by far isn't intelligent enough apparently to comprehend that discrimination is flat out wrong.
    Racism or not, this is just classic bullying. The guy is pissed and does whatever he can to bash on her, if she has the victim reaction he's looking for (exactly what she did in the video) then he's just gonna keep feeding on that.

Remember kids, the only way to fight this is by playing along. If she answer something like "lol okay then brb gonna steal your bike" he would have laughed and chilled I guarantee you because he would have noticed racist comments didn't affect her.

We're not talking about real life repercussions here like not giving her a job or paying her less because of her skin color, it's just verbal harassment aka cyber bullying, the weakest form of harassment ever created by trolls. Anyone can laugh it off or play along, making the entire thing completely useless. Accepting these comments as being racist is the same as accepting black history month as if blacks need something extra, accepting to be a victim forever and permanently talking about racism, the more you talk about it the more it keeps going.

Watch this 1 min video to understand what I mean.

BTW I'm not defending the guy at all. What I'm saying is that by continuously speaking of things like this and showing how it hurts people only gives it more power, no one is saying these things "by mistake". They say this EXACTLY to hurt people. So the only way to stop this is not by making a post on MMO-C saying how offended you are by the situation, you are only giving it more power. The only way to stop this is by not letting it affect us. If it has no effect people will stop saying it, if you keep giving it power people will keep saying it. Not a single person will stop just because you're sad about it, not one.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    That's beacuse you're a simpleton.
    If you're hurt by words and you're on mmo-c you must cry all day every day, im surprised you havent taken your own life.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    If you're hurt by words and you're on mmo-c you must cry all day every day, im surprised you havent taken your own life.
    I'm not hurt by words as much as you're hurt by Blizzard.

Fan reaction was muted, but fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world.
    "Do you guys not have phones?"
    "You think you do, but you don't"
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    Im not saying it should be accepted, im saying its so common and so many seams to be fine with it that is close to immposible to do anything about it.
    If it was close to impossible to do anything about then the whole racism issue beyond the internet would have been worse. I mean its a simple choice, yet people choose to negative, choose to be toxic, chose cyber bullying, etc. It is beyond pathetic at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derien View Post
    Sure you can say word will never hurt you. But you know what, everyone has a limit and a breaking point. If you face harassment or discrimination by anyone continuously regardless of your skin color, you will get fed up one day. Internet or no internet.

“People with education” do you have any idea how egalitarian you sound with that coming out of your mouth

It’s 2019, the people that legit hate someone because of skin pigmentation (in western culture) are a fringe group of hill billies in the middle of nowhere

What people actually have issues with is culture, I’m guessing you have been very sheltered your entire life

But if you really want to saciate your obsession with finding racism to feed your addiction to feeling morally superior, look to Muslim countries, South Africa, basically any non western society and you’ll find plenty of it to harp over

We’re in the west, we are better (culturally) and nobody gives a fuck about that tribal skin bullshit you think is rampant in today’s society

Notice who brought race to the conversation

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshouttajail View Post

BTW I'm not defending the guy at all. What I'm saying is that by continuously speaking of things like this and showing how it hurts people only gives it more power, no one is saying these things "by mistake". They say this EXACTLY to hurt people. So the only way to stop this is not by making a post on MMO-C saying how offended you are by the situation, you are only giving it more power. The only way to stop this is by not letting it affect us. If it has no effect people will stop saying it, if you keep giving it power people will keep saying it. Not a single person will stop just because you're sad about it, not one.
    I agree with you. But even if you stop talking about it or responding to it, there are those who continue discrimination because they think its ok to continue because no response means no consequence.

eh, i don't care. one random idiot.

just ignore it like an adult.

Not sure anyone disagrees that racism does exist. I know that when people insult each other they attack them through means they think will hurt the most. I wouldn't take what someone says in a rage fit towards me as a value they hold dearly. Just my two cents tho.