Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    No they don't.
    yes they are.. they move differently and thats already a change and it matters in pvp for example.. they have more polygons and its definitely affecting gameplay, they turn differently because of it.. its in the current game you dont have all the old mechanics of needing to be behind or in front of target to use certain abilities, but its a thing in vanilla

also someone already said that they're visually more distinct

I am against this option for the simple reason that it's gonna take a huge amount of time and money to make AND the result won't be as good as you might think. If they wanted to make the terrain and buildings and so on look modern they'd have to also add more detail and change the terrain itself slightly, which could cause a lot of different issues. Also just updating the textures would simply look riddiculous.

What they could also do is just add the new character and npc's models, but that's also a terrible idea, because these new characters would look so out of place with all the other outdated and overall just different graphics style and thus I'm sure that most of the people asking for it are still gonna end up turning that off.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-04-11 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    yes they are.. they move differently and thats already a change and it matters in pvp for example.. they have more polygons and its definitely affecting gameplay, they turn differently because of it.. its in the current game you dont have all the old mechanics of needing to be behind or in front of target to use certain abilities, but its a thing in vanilla

also someone already said that they're visually more distinct
    Yea sure..That's why WoW had a option to turn on old models if you really wanted. They removed this option because supporting new animation sets for two distinct sets of models is not feasible in the long run. But Vanilla has not this issue. So giving people option to use new models wouldn't really change anything gameplay wise.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    I am against this option for the simple reason that it's gonna take a huge amount of time and money to make AND the result won't be as good as you might think. If they wanted to make the terrain and buildings and so on look modern they'd have to also add more detail and change the terrain itself slightly, which could cause a lot of different issues.

What they could also do is just add the new character and npc's models, but that's also a terrible idea, because these new characters would look so out of place with all the other outdated and overall just different graphics style and thus I'm sure that most of the people asking for it are still gonna end up turning that off.
    That's not true.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    That's not true.
    What a great argument. Thank you for replying to my comment

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    it's ok to say that you don't want new graphics because you can't afford a new PC. no need for bullshit arguments.
    you can keep making dumb assumptions based on something you have 0 idea about, not gonna make you sound smart tho

What a great argument. Thank you for replying to my comment
    Your every word is just wrong. What arguments you want?

New models already have all work done for old animation system. We know it because it existed at the same time. It's not expansive.

Also when new models were introduced, half of the world was still old school not-remastered mess. I had my multi thousand polygon model next to bear with just few hundreds polygons and around me were trees, where you could count polygons on two hands.. and you know what? It was perfectly fine.

So enabling new models for vanilla is not hard nor expansive (you can do this on any private server with just simple "mods") and inconsistency in the world is made up argument. If you really feel it's wrong, you could just turn it off for yourself.

Yea sure..That's why WoW had a option to turn on old models if you really wanted. They removed this option because supporting new animation sets for two distinct sets of models is not feasible in the long run. But Vanilla has not this issue. So giving people option to use new models wouldn't really change anything gameplay wise.
    what? are you one of those who thinks that the toggle option actually was giving you old models? it wasnt, silly.. it was new models, they had the same animations and all, they were just made to look a bit like old ones, but they were still new.. you also cant change spell animations, they would need to stay the same

Don't worry they will have it as an option I guarantee it. Blizzard is not just looking for vets with vanilla and having it as an option does not take anything away from people who don't want to use them. I have a feeling they just won't say anything about it and have it in the options.

- - - Updated - - -

I am against this option for the simple reason that it's gonna take a huge amount of time and money to make AND the result won't be as good as you might think. If they wanted to make the terrain and buildings and so on look modern they'd have to also add more detail and change the terrain itself slightly, which could cause a lot of different issues. Also just updating the textures would simply look riddiculous.

It won't it is done already.

n o c h a n g e s

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Don't worry they will have it as an option I guarantee it. Blizzard is not just looking for vets with vanilla and having it as an option does not take anything away from people who don't want to use them. I have a feeling they just won't say anything about it and have it in the options.

- - - Updated - - -

It won't it is done already.
    What is done already?! This updated old EK and Kalimdor doesn't exist.

And FYI: Just because you say something will happen, it doesn't mean it actually will.

- - - Updated - - -

Your every word is just wrong. What arguments you want?

New models already have all work done for old animation system. We know it because it existed at the same time. It's not expansive.

Also when new models were introduced, half of the world was still old school not-remastered mess. I had my multi thousand polygon model next to bear with just few hundreds polygons and around me were trees, where you could count polygons on two hands.. and you know what? It was perfectly fine.

So enabling new models for vanilla is not hard nor expansive (you can do this on any private server with just simple "mods") and inconsistency in the world is made up argument. If you really feel it's wrong, you could just turn it off for yourself.
    I have used these mods on private servers and they look fucking terrible and out of place. The modern wow characters have an entirely different style compared to how vanilla looked like and no some of the old areas in modern WoW still look like shit compared to the new characters.

And in my first paragraph I was talking about the terrain itself, which they cannot just update and make it look as fancy as let's say the new Arathi Highlands, because this isn't a simple texture update, but also requires new details and a changed terrain, which will cause several major issues.

The old graphic is timeless. Even playing on a current monitor with 144hz and 1440p it will look great.

The old models and animations are superior for most races anyway. Just look what they did to nightelves and humans yikes.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2019-04-11 at 03:11 PM.

What is done already?! This updated old EK and Kalimdor doesn't exist.

And FYI: Just because you say something will happen, it doesn't mean it actually will.

- - - Updated - - -

I have used these mods on private servers and they look fucking terrible and out of place. The modern wow characters have an entirely different style compared to how vanilla looked like and no some of the old areas in modern WoW still look like shit compared to the new characters.

And in my first paragraph I was talking about the terrain itself, which they cannot just update and make it look as fancy as let's say the new Arathi Highlands, because this isn't a simple texture update, but also requires new details and a changed terrain, which will cause several major issues.
    Just the character models and ground clutter for what has been updated up to retail, the terrain doesn't matter as much and they already made 4k textures for the old assets anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    Which by the way ain't "new ones" for enough persons. I like elementals, but more intelligent, created by "elements" without an obvious face and
    So don't toggle them on?

7+ Year Old Account

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    So don't toggle them on?
    No toggle is needed for this, just like for character models. All that necessary is any "customization" mechanism, which in case of controlled demons and elementals is elementarily solved for example by glyphs. So, you can have your demons like you want and others like they want and this ain't violate basic rule of united MMO world (sameness of perception) together with right of everyone to choose and significance of that choice (it's role player's right and part of gameplay, and not just a graphical setting, so you can't hide it under toggle, you have only one single right solution - customization).

It's time to understand and remember this already, for I have repeated this tirade more than a few dozen times

It’s still so simple, no one bothers anyone, everyone has what they wants, and everyone accepts each other’s choices... but you definitely want to invade someone else’s space for some reason, it’s not enough that you spoil your character, you want the rest to be lowered to that level (note, that I don't propose to deprive you of choice, but only to make it equal and fair to anyone). And please don't start again with this nonsense about "this doesn't affect anyone" *squeamishly points on Shnider*. It's just vicious circle: you can't and shouldn't be responsible for others. Forget about toggles.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-04-11 at 05:30 PM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

I'm all for people getting the experience they want from Classic too,
    but I feel like implementing the new models even just for client-side use won't be delivering the Classic Experience

I remember switching from Old to New on my Troll, and other characters- watching a familiar face change forever. Classic's models have a distinct look to them that the music, writing and story have actually been influenced by or based upon. Classic had that woven art-sense, and I think people who want New Model Toggle will see the appeal to the real deal come Classic launch.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    n o c h a n g e s
    To everyone who has that mindset:

Get yourself a PC with '04-'06 hardware/software, and get an ISP of the type/speeds of that era also.

Otherwise you're not going to have a non-Classic experience.

See how that works?

I don't care about whether they update the graphics or not. But the only thing I really wouldn't mind at all if they would change is the Mind Flay animation. It sucks so much arse, I'm not excited at all to see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post

Get yourself a PC with '04-'06 hardware/software, and get an ISP of the type/speeds of that era also.

See how that works?
    I at least have an ancient monitor ready to play on, got that square frame shit going boiiiii
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post

See how that works?
    Actually even back then I rarely had lag or low fps, we had pretty decent internet here. It's mostly americans that live in the dark ages when it comes to internet speeds. So no, it wouldn't make much difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    No toggle is needed for this, just like for character models. All that necessary is any "customization" mechanism, which in case of controlled demons and elementals is elementarily solved for example by glyphs. So, you can have your demons like you want and others like they want and this ain't violate basic rule of united MMO world (sameness of perception) together with right of everyone to choose and significance of that choice (it's role player's right and part of gameplay, and not just a graphical setting, so you can't hide it under toggle, you have only one single right solution - customization).
    Lmao, yeah buddy. "Just add glyphs, a system that did not exist at all and is based on a profession that did not exist, and also please force people who don't like the new graphics to see your choice to use new graphics". That's definitely a better solution than just having a graphical option to toggle newer models on.

It's time to understand and remember this already, for I have repeated this tirade more than a few dozen times

It’s still so simple, no one bothers anyone, everyone has what they wants, and everyone accepts each other’s choices... but you definitely want to invade someone else’s space for some reason, it’s not enough that you spoil your character, you want the rest to be lowered to that level (note, that I don't propose to deprive you of choice, but only to make it equal and fair to anyone). And please don't start again with this nonsense about "this doesn't affect anyone." It's just vicious circle: you can't and shouldn't be responsible for others.
    Look, at the risk of infraction, it is pretty clear you are on the spectrum. I don't mean that in a pejorative way or as some sort of insult, but as a factual assessment. You frequently post in ways that make it clear you don't get how conversation turn-taking works (see: embedding dozens of links to other things you've said in a post, i.e. extremely repetitive behaviour), you obsess over very specific topics, you're unable to correctly consider other people's perspective or the greater wants (see the above, "Just force new graphics and glyphs on the entire population of Classic WoW instead of letting other people see minor differences in my character"), you consider people having slightly different graphical views of your character an "invasion of personal space" (those words are a bright red flag) but this entire obsession with people being able to see minor alterations to your character, even when you yourself don't see those alterations or even know about them is telling, an unnecessary focus on minor details, etc.

And that's totally fine, but there's absolutely no reason to base game design on that. The "so simple, no one bothers anyone, everyone has what they wants, and everyone accepts each other’s choices" solution here is not forcing new graphics on people that want old graphics, and old graphics on people that want new graphics so that you don't have to deal with an alteration invading your distorted sense of personal space. The solution is actually giving everyone what they want, i.e. people who want old graphics have that, people who want new graphics have that--a toggle.

You are proposing depriving every other player in the game of choice so that your character isn't impacted, because that makes you feel uncomfortable. And that just isn't reasonable or a realistic case for why graphical options should not be included. Especially when your opinion is based on there being a cohesive look to begin with, which just isn't true. There is a world of difference in how a character looks between the lowest possible settings and resolution in vanilla wow, and the highest settings, in fact a much, much bigger difference than old/new models. I can already make your character look completely different from how it looks to you by just using lower or higher settings, so your entire "muh RP choice argument" is just fundamentally invalid.