Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I sure do wish any of this shit wouldn't just go away when the expansion ends.

These are just glyphs with a fancy UI which, while welcome, will inevitably boil down to wanting a particular one for your character. This also just feels like what everyone was asking the Heart of Azeroth to be to begin with, so it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth that they went with that shortsighted first idea and then went "Ooops! I guess it turns out that didn't work out!" No shit it didn't, players including myself were expressing our concerns since beta with the system's design.

In general I just wish there was more to our characters on a fundamental level rather than all this useless expansion fluff piled on to a bland and forgettable base. If you're going to bring glyphs back, why not just...you know, not fucking remove glyphs?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    Looks cool, hopefully the abilities stick around in 9.0.
    I'm doubtful. I don't really want 'Azerite' to be a thing in the next expansion - and this stuff doesn't look very class-specific yet. Don't really want more pruning to have even more abilities everyone else shares.

Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    No idea why i thought we get class specific abilities and not this generic bandaid fix. Sad.
    Yeah, was hoping to see some class specific stuff, too. Oh well - getting closer to summer and Classic.

Great timing. I just left this game and now they decide to improve things.

Or, Blizzard could just unprune the game, revert the GCD change, and make classes fun again.

But hey, lets just create a new worthless ability with only a minor cosmetic difference to "stand out from the crowd", because that's what truly matters!

... that's it?

Rank 4 requirement: M+100 or Mythic Azshara kill cus everyone wants to Mythic, amirite?

I had hoped for more class related abilities. And seeing that reforging is still a thing I won't resub. Too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Why am I not surprised that the great Heart of Azeroth revamp is so utterly... underwhelming?

Like, they're giving us a grant total of ONE new and awesome usable ability. And not that, that one single active ability is also a super generic ability that doesn't have anything to do with your spec or even your class at all, probably meaning that it's going to have 0 interactions with anything and is just a button to press on CD or something else to line up with your other cooldowns.

Like, if that's their big revamp, if that's what they've been working on for 6 months, maybe even longer, who knows, then holy fuck, that's just lame af. I'm a fucking Hunter, I don't want to channel stupid azerite laser beams at my enemies - gimme a new azerite shot or coat my pets in azerite or what do I know. If that's seriously the best they can come up with then there's seriously no hope that anything about the gameplay is going to change at all during this expansion. Honestly, this just looks awful.
    Look I know we have all been burned by the HoA and the way we collect traits but let us not jump to wild conclusions without even testing it. This was was but ONE of the "many" essences that exist. Who knows what the data mining will find - maybe there will be generic ones and spec specific ones. If we find out there is not I will totally recant what I've said and your complaints will be fully warranted - I am just saying we should be reserved until we see some additional essence abilities as I doubt this one can fully capture all the ones that I can imagine would exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always wanted more trinket on use effects....... (sarcasm)

Also that honestly looks terrible and uninteresting in general...

10+ Year Old Account
    For comedy's sake and seeing peoples comments I couldn't help but think of this.

But on topic. I am excited, its something new, could it just be the same old shit with a new coat of paint? sure, but I'm gonna give it a go see what it is. Anything new Blizzard add is worth trying. And this system I hope will give me the same satisfaction the artifact system did in Legion. Fingers crossed

I am totally in the "but she's got a new hate" group. If I get burned I'll get burned
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blehmeh View Post
    Or, Blizzard could just unprune the game, revert the GCD change, and make classes fun again.

But hey, lets just create a new worthless ability with only a minor cosmetic difference to "stand out from the crowd", because that's what truly matters!
    totally agree.
    suspect real change will only take place when there's new faces on the team.
    If this is what Ion considers to dramatic enough for the neck its telling me he's just not getting it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehhhhhhh, more class neutral stuff?... This isn't really what I was hoping for. Feels gimmicky and not a lot of thought. God I wish we could rewind time to pre-WoD and just start over from there. I miss when classes were fleshed out at their core.

These changes make me want to quit the game even more. How anyone could think these changes are good baffles me. It's literally just more grinding.

Looks good. I was honestly fine with azerite armor since it's so easy to unlock the levels with AK, but this is a great addition!

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    I'm doubtful. I don't really want 'Azerite' to be a thing in the next expansion - and this stuff doesn't look very class-specific yet. Don't really want more pruning to have even more abilities everyone else shares.

Yeah, was hoping to see some class specific stuff, too. Oh well - getting closer to summer and Classic.

It tickles me how many people are putting all their eggs into one basket with classic. None of you have any idea what you're getting into. Nostalgia is a strong force, but for those of us who can look at Classic with out seeing it through rose-tinted glasses, we know exactly what to expect.

Classic as a game will not succeed in this day and age of video gaming. Even if it did, what do you think the plan is with classic once all the "classic" content has been consumed?

I bet a lot of people are expecting Blizzard to essentially create a second development team "recreating" WoW, which is absurd.

Looks horrible to just shove random abiltiies on all classes / specs, glad classic comes out soon. This is horrible game design.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post

It tickles me how many people are putting all their eggs into one basket with classic. None of you have any idea what you're getting into. Nostalgia is a strong force, but for those of us who can look at Classic with out seeing it through rose-tinted glasses, we know exactly what to expect.

Classic as a game will not succeed in this day and age of video gaming. Even if it did, what do you think the plan is with classic once all the "classic" content has been consumed?

I bet a lot of people are expecting Blizzard to essentially create a second development team "recreating" WoW, which is absurd. What will you do after having cleared MC/BWL/whatever after the 50th time? You'll be on the forums complaining about how classic content is stale and demanding new content.

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    Ehhhhhhh, more class neutral stuff?... This isn't really what I was hoping for. Feels gimmicky and not a lot of thought. God I wish we could rewind time to pre-WoD and just start over from there. I miss when classes were fleshed out at their core.
    The most of the classes were, at worst, fine, during Legion. How they managed to fuck everything up so consistently during BfA deserves some begrudging respect.

I expected nothing from this system cha he yet am still, somehow, disappointed. In less than a year Wow has gone from something I do at least 3 or 4 hours a day to something I barely think about once a month, played for an hour during the freeqekend and I'm happy that I'm not missing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dainah View Post
    Rank 4 requirement: M+100 or Mythic Azshara kill cus everyone wants to Mythic, amirite?
    well duh , how else mythic crybabies would be satisfied.

and what else blizzard could make money on then on selling tokens for people who will buy booosts.

want to bet that those rank 4 will be removed when expansion ends ? and those who got them will keep them .

all those juicy $$$$$ from tokens yum yum yum

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post

I bet a lot of people are expecting Blizzard to essentially create a second development team "recreating" WoW, which is absurd.
    Is this what you tell to people who played Vanilla for over tens years, too?

To me the RPG aspects were important to the game. Without them I don't care for WoW. And retail has nothing to offer in that aspect. Now, Vanilla on the other hand... clunky, sure, but fills in both the MMO and RPG aspects - and got a much more satisfying reward system.