Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    I at least have an ancient monitor ready to play on, got that square frame shit going boiiiii
    old school 2005 chunky monitors all the way. Still have mine. Still works too. Gonna turn that resolution all down.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, stop making sense.
    You know jihadists? Well the #nochanges people are even worse.

- But this and that won't affect gameplay..
    - Shut up! #nochanges!
    - But you can have it your way on your client..
    - Shut up! #nochanges!
    - But Why?
    - Because...err..Because....NO!!CHANGES!!1#R#$G%$&HUJ%UH%TF@#$TFV^%YINYHBSV!!!!!!!!!!!!

and this comes from me. a complete nolifer who loved vanilla.
    i was the first priest on the server, ally side, to complete a set twice.
    and also had a rank 13 co-op mage.

so you can see i loved that game.

and you know what i hated more?
    having worked so hard for those sets, only to hate the look of them,
    and having no way to change them to something i liked.

But... even tho it wont affect gameplay, it's still on the No-List, along with Barbers.
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2019-04-11 at 05:53 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    --- snip ---
    Wow, man, I didn't say anything about Сlassic in this particular post, only about particular problem of misunderstanding. Where did you get that?

(by the way, with regard to direct mechanism, all that toggle is missing just its inclusion as element of customization in the game, but it will only work for your character and for example also for the stuff that associated/goes together with it, but it will be clearly visible to everyone else, and don't need any glyphs, exactly how was proposed long ago)

As for the question of graphic settings, you repeat yourself, we have already discussed this with you (you think I forgot it? ), you couldn't prove it then and it will never happen further, because it's not true. You simplify my answer, because with necessary details, your arguments are trivially crumble. Models still remain different, and no sane graphical settings can change this. You just can't change this And you also still can't prove that "this doesn't affect anyone" (friend did an excellent job with arguments), for the same reason - this is not true.

ps. By the way, question about links is explained in signature under "links-inside" one.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-04-11 at 06:34 PM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    old school 2005 chunky monitors all the way. Still have mine. Still works too. Gonna turn that resolution all down.
    I'm seriously considering building a PC using only parts that were available back then.

Similar to how the youtuber LGR built his "dream Windows XP" computer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    I at least have an ancient monitor ready to play on, got that square frame shit going boiiiii
    Reminds me of that PoS machine I started WoW on.

My broke ass only had 1GB ram in it too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Actually even back then I rarely had lag or low fps, we had pretty decent internet here. It's mostly americans that live in the dark ages when it comes to internet speeds. So no, it wouldn't make much difference.
    Not surprised that we'd have the shittier end of ISP's.

That post was aimed mainly at the hardcore "nochanges" crowd that will use the best machine and ISP speeds they can currently afford, most if not all of which was unavailable in '04-'06. Thereby rendering their experience NOT authentic, even if Classic was 100% true to its roots.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Advantage over who? everyone have the option to toggle it on.

Now people are being childish. updated graphics cause "unfair advantage" do you realize how outrageous that sounds.
    Aw man, and here I thought I was doing the Classic fanboi no changes thing correctly.

It's one thing that wouldn't bother me if the option was there. It's not exactly something that didn't exist in Classic anyway, it just wasn't official. You *could* fiddle with things (against ToS) so they appeared differently to you and you only from what I recall.

So for me personally, it's one of the few things I wouldn't mind if they had it, but I'm completely fine with them not having it as well. People who are more deeply invested in the pure Classic experience and that "everyone experiencing the same thing together" will likely prefer a more strict lock to only the original graphics and that's a fine route by me. Since I'm not deeply invested, I defer to those who are moreso.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    OP, stop making sense.
    You know jihadists? Well the #nochanges people are even worse.
    You need to take break from this forum and this game man, holy shit.

Also just FYI nubs, you are not going to get any kind of updated graphics, because it requires updates to the engine which did not exist in vanilla wow. If you don't want Vanilla, don't play it. That's your solution. /thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    ironic , coming from the guy who goes fucking mental in threads towards ppl he doesn 't agree with , and get 's banned repeatedly for it

tread lightly friend

Quote Originally Posted by LoaThaFett View Post
    ironic , coming from the guy who goes fucking mental in threads towards ppl he doesn 't agree with , and get 's banned repeatedly for it

tread lightly friend
    Literally never seen you on this forum or interacted with you, so naturally of course you would defend a guy saying people on this forum are worse than Jihadists. Wtf is wrong with you?
    Last edited by Shakou; 2019-04-12 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aergwyn View Post
    I wouldn't mind an option (off by default) that would allow one to enable newer models, graphics and spell effects (where applicable) like how they'd be in retail right now. It would give it the extra touch for me
    You have that option right now on the launcher. Click play BFA and enjoy all your updated graphics and character models.

Leave classic with the actually decent character models (undead male hype), for people that want classic please

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally never seen you on this forum or interacted with you, so naturally of course you would defend a guy saying people on this forum are worse than Jihadists. Wtf is wrong with you?
    me calling you out for being a known and consistent flamer and bad faith poster has little to 0 relevance to you "seeing " me on these forums and by your response deflecting about "defending jihadists " (which, by the way, how the fuck does that even make sense ) further solidifies my statement , i don 't need YOU to know who i am for me to know HOW you act on this website

it doesn 't take a rocket scientist to read your post history and see how you constantly belittle every1 you speak to , stir drama for the sake of arguing as well as get BANNED for it repeatedly

so i stand by my first post: tread lightly

Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    Or he can ask for peoples on opinion on things...
    Play a newer game

Quote Originally Posted by Bibliomaniac View Post
    Play a newer game
    So twelve year olds figured out how computers worked... It was bound to happen someday.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    Wow, man, I didn't say anything about Сlassic in this particular post, only about particular problem of misunderstanding. Where did you get that?

(by the way, with regard to direct mechanism, all that toggle is missing just its inclusion as element of customization in the game, but it will only work for your character and for example also for the stuff that associated/goes together with it, but it will be clearly visible to everyone else, and don't need any glyphs, exactly how was proposed long ago)

As for the question of graphic settings, you repeat yourself, we have already discussed this with you (you think I forgot it? ), you couldn't prove it then and it will never happen further, because it's not true. You simplify my answer, because with necessary details, your arguments are trivially crumble. Models still remain different, and no sane graphical settings can change this. You just can't change this And you also still can't prove that "this doesn't affect anyone" (friend did an excellent job with arguments), for the same reason - this is not true.

ps. By the way, question about links is explained in signature under "links-inside" one.
    Lol. You ignoring the truth =/= something not being proved. The base vanilla graphics settings are the difference between a character looking like a focused veteran warrior or a dazed old man. Not to mention your entire nonsense argument is predicated on their being a universal interpretation of a given model, when a key problem with the WoD updates was that people took different interpretations of the low res faces and models, and what some people thought was an angry face others just thought was wrinkled. So you don't even have a fucking consistent baseline to argue that people aren't viewing your character differently than you intended.

Toggle doesn't affect anyone but the person toggling, your fear of other people's graphics invading your personal space is born out of delusion. It's readily apparent other people's model choice has zero effect on you, because you have no way of even fucking knowing that they are using those models unless they decide to tell you. Just like you have no way of knowing if they are using model edits to make your character nude, or are playing in colorblind mode so your character has a completely different palette.

But that's all I'm going to bother saying because there's just zero point in arguing with someone so atypical they think that forcing new graphics on all classic players is a more reasonable solution than people individually toggling their own graphics settings.

Also just FYI nubs, you are not going to get any kind of updated graphics, because it requires updates to the engine which did not exist in vanilla wow. If you don't want Vanilla, don't play it. That's your solution. /thread
    Sort of like the updates to the engine to even run the game on their modern system? Jesus, where do you people come from?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    zero point in arguing
    Actually, this is exactly what I wanted from you (from all of you) This is useless and stupid conversation, given the insubstantiality of all your so-called arguments.
    (by the way, example is clearly in my favor, because you will never confuse this pictures with "new" model: same colors, geometry, animations (in this particular picture - idle pose/posture) and face expression (sly, don't change camera angle in comparisons), all that has changed is sharpness and no extra "redundant" unnecessary details, I like it that way)
    to get any kind of updated graphics, because it requires updates to the engine which did not exist in vanilla wow.
    Yes and no. The fact is that they don't ask for “update” graphics, just “retail” one, since graphic engine wasn't essentially updated, there is some number of superstructures/filters were added, but engine itself is the same, and the same is true for models, because even technically, judging by statement of "local experts" who like to make a row here, they aren't some kind of revolutionary breakthrough. They aren't better, just different (processed data being changed, not graphics) and that's exactly what most these people want to get, just “retail” data (including access to it), otherwise there won't be any swearing about this stuff, since settings is one thing (legal, valid and don't change anything valuable, don't change neither gameplay, nor balance for anyone), but data is completely different (and this is something they don’t want to understand, but rather most likely just to admit).
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-04-23 at 08:06 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

10+ Year Old Account
    You got ASD or something?
    Not making fun, just cant believe you took that literally.

It was not meant to be taken literally.
    It was a figure of speech, a satirical exaggeration.

No one here thinks vanilla zealots are worse than actual real life jihadists.
    I can't believe i have to point that out.

Seriously if you want new models/graphics you don’t want vanilla. Some of the biggest points of classic for me is finally getting those old models and animations back. I can’t stand the new retail ones, as I said it’s one of my biggest gripes with retail. That’s how much I hate them, and impact me. They strayed way to far from the original. Even an option for this would be horrendous for classic.
    Last edited by Juggsa; 2019-04-12 at 09:11 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakah View Post
    Its because of the cult of #nochanges dogma.
    Nope, it comes from vengeful retail crowd, just check out this thread. I consider myself in “no change” pack, but I, obviously, all for the option for people to play modern gfx.

In a way it is akin to people who hate colorization of old B\W movies. It’s not like colorization would prevent them from watching then in B\W, they just hate the possibility for others to watch em in color. Disgusting, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret81
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.
    To make the quest feel more epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like an option to see newer models should be allowed - but the classic fans may riot so who knows.

Just because other people can see new options and models - means their gameplay is somehow inhibited and negatively impacted.

Classic crowd is kinda crazy to me, but to each their own.