Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by wokefish View Post
    Perhaps but he was unfairly singled out.

In the vast majority of cases Blizzard just fix the exploit and don't punish people. They singled him out and the other offenders in this case quite specifically. Those who are claiming otherwise are ignorant of the situation.

I don't know why they gave him such a harsh punishment but it does seem very unwise since he is the only big old school youtuber that hasn't quit yet and still gets 100K+ views on his videos.

Maybe they want to give all their exclusives to bland, uninteresting sycophants like hazelnuttygame and Taliesin and Evitel, but I think that will damage Blizzard themselves. There's a limited audience for that type of corporate grovelling.
    He absolutely wasn't singled out. A lot of people were banned. He just got hit with a harder ban because he was broadcasting the exploit and encouraging other people to do it too.

Preach is a good guy, I think they should have let him go.

Despite mmochamps hate for him and black and white thinking on the issue, I think the fact that he's made great content, and accepted his mistake should have been taken into account.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

In the vast majority of cases Blizzard just fix the exploit and don't punish people. They singled him out and the other offenders in this case quite specifically. Those who are claiming otherwise are ignorant of the situation.

I don't know why they gave him such a harsh punishment but it does seem very unwise since he is the only big old school youtuber that hasn't quit yet and still gets 100K+ views on his videos.

Maybe they want to give all their exclusives to bland, uninteresting sycophants like hazelnuttygame and Taliesin and Evitel, but I think that will damage Blizzard themselves. There's a limited audience for that type of corporate grovelling.
    can you name any other people who got invited who exploited and streamed it to thousands?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    From what I remembered reading, the ban was not only in using the exploit, but in streaming it, thus advertising it to his viewerbase. He openly talked about it and hoe to do it so that is a bigger means of punishable offense than if he just exploited off air like many others had.
    Oh definantly. Reason the hammer hit harder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    can you name any other people who got invited who exploited and streamed it to thousands?
    None?

Hahaha..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Haven't you heard people say he's demonetized on youtube?

But yeah, let's pull out the jealousy card, because that's such a great argument to use in every single scenario. It's ironic you call people here babies, because the "argument" you used makes you one of them.
    Because fuck logic, right, you're god damn right everyone wants to be some aged youtuber playing an old game and making videoes for teens all day long. Totally something I'd be interested in, personally, sounds like a dream! Damn, I'm so jealous! Any criticism I'll say about Preach is just my jealousy talking, arggghhh!

Anyway, the video linked in the OP is 20 minutes of him talking bullshit. He wasn't at the event because of his own actions, thus he's not relevant for the current 8.2 discussions. Hopefully he manages to not get himself banned and is invited to any future events.

Check the comments on the videoes. People are actually believing Blizzard are the ones to blame for him not being at the event. Jesus christ.

This is one of those "I'm going to make an apology vid to save face because I want to stay relevant". If the 8.2 event for content creators wasn't a think he'd have a whooooole different tone.
    Tbh a lot of content creators seemingly were not invited. Like Bellular for example. Was Asmon invited? Preach could have just shut his mouth and not even mention that originally he was invited, so this whole apology would not have been needed. He says in the video this was his first time being invited. So why did he come out and told this story? He didn't have to save anything. He will be still relevant as he will test the ptr extensively probably.
    Also, I recall hearing something about people at blizzard having personal issues with content creators but also have "strong suggestion" on who to put on that list. So I'm guassing it is not just you are saint/you are evil issue here but burocracy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    His content is created for his fans though. It's entirely circular. He creates content for his fans, his fans create revenue for him to create content. Regardless of the overall impact of this summit, it's denying both himself and fans everything and I am sure those who got involved because of him are also fans of his content to which he's not wrong to say "How I let you down.

I will agree with you in regards to promoting the exploit but only to a certain extent. IMO, Blizzard kind of dropped the ball in regards to communicating and took too long to bring out the ban hammer (to which I agree the bans were justified) along with communication but in any case all players should be accountable for their actions and not blindly follow others especially when the circumstances are dubious.

Lets not pretend he was the only streamer streaming the exploit either. I don't think MethodJosh apologized to anyone who got banned but then again I don't watch a lot of his content.

You don't have to like the guy to see he's fallen on his sword over this. I'm sure he is legitimately is upset about it since it has tarnished his relations with Blizzard which has a direct impact on his fans and I am sure it will likely strike him off more Blizzard events too. Come full circle.
    Yeah I feel more sorry for the guy. He is, like he said himself, to blame for this. He let himself and the fans down. Now he gotta face the reality and consequenses.

I hope he does not get a perma ban, im sure that would sadden him even though he says he aint bothered playing wow right now.

I bet he is a bit broken down to knowing he wont get invited to events like these in the future to.

He made a mistake, a costly one. I feel for him.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodee View Post
    That's what you took away from what I said? Boy, you're dense.

How about not exploiting, not broadcasting the exploit and not acting like it's okay - then when you do get banned whining about it
    To which I'll be clear and say that as a streamer he should be held to a higher standard than the average player and rightly received his month long ban. He still owes his fans an apology especially when he admits that it was his fault for not only what happened but also the fact that his actions have consequences and will ultimately push him away from Blizzard-related events.

He fucked up and even though it's clear that many folks don't like him he still has a big fan base to which he has to make amends with and the only way he can begin to do so is to acknowledge he fucked up and is now paying for it by being denied content for his bottom line as well as his fans. Hit him where it hurts and his brand is his business.

I do think that a bunch of what he said was really bizarre though like when he said to "save it for something important" as if there's a limited amount of time in which Blizzard can punish players and rambling on about Ion.

Honest question. What do you think he should have done/said to his fans after being banned?
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2019-04-11 at 11:29 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Tbh a lot of content creators seemingly were not invited. Like Bellular for example. Was Asmon invited? Preach could have just shut his mouth and not even mention that originally he was invited, so this whole apology would not have been needed. He says in the video this was his first time being invited. So why did he come out and told this story? He didn't have to save anything. He will be still relevant as he will test the ptr extensively probably.
    Also, I recall hearing something about people at blizzard having personal issues with content creators but also have "strong suggestion" on who to put on that list. So I'm guassing it is not just you are saint/you are evil issue here but burocracy as well.
    Oh for sure. These events are most likely done by who-are-friends-with-who, who are "well liked" or got the right connections.

There are lot of qualified twitch/youtubers they could have invited, but they invited these because they are more than content creators, but also well liked within Blizzard. Liked by the right people.

It works alot like that in most ways in life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Yeah I feel more sorry for the guy. He is, like he said himself, to blame for this. He let himself and the fans down. Now he gotta face the reality and consequenses.

I hope he does not get a perma ban, im sure that would sadden him even though he says he aint bothered playing wow right now.

I bet he is a bit broken down to knowing he wont get invited to events like these in the future to.

He made a mistake, a costly one. I feel for him.
    Well, he can rebuild his reputation with them again but there's a cooldown period due to what he's done.

And true, the man is truly sorry and believes he could bring high words to the point where he's too scared to make them public to avoid them being discarded.

Sadly, he hyped himself up hard to get burnt when he reached for an easy handle.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Well, it is called 'friends and family' invitation, and he got sent to the naughty corner for misbehaving.

He was not he only person banned. So cannot really called he was singled out.

It is Blizzard game and they can enforce the rules as they wish. Banning players is general not a good PR move, as some of the feedback proved. So they only do it when they feel it is completely necessary. In this case, they consider it necessary. You do not have like it but you do have to accept it because it is their game.

Because he was encouraging people to exploit the bug. And what is so important about this guy?

Interesting that you call the others youtubers sycophants yet seems to praise and support this Preach guy. I have seen Preach one video and really all he is was ranting about game.

I have seen hazelnuttygame video more than once and while some are blogs which I not watch, she does release some video that are actually informative about certain part of the games, such as how to unlock certain mounts etc.

Maybe this Preach does and I have not seen. I am not really interesting in seeing people video review of game, hazelnuttygame or this Preach guy, I prefer the informative video.

10+ Year Old Account
    Couple of things:

1. Preach admitted that he was in the wrong on exploiting the game.

2. We're here to talk about the game not argue about internet personalities.

Closing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."