Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    So only DKs and Shaman will be able to effectively use dazed protection with water walking as these classes have it by default.
    Next patch notes: Removed- Path of Frost and Water Walking. Developers notes: Fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    I'd like to see some of my other mounts, not the waterstrider bug.
    Then...use them?
    I dont understand the problem.

So we're getting a waterstrider that can no longer stride on water? Nice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Seems pretty stupid. Just make more mounts that have “waterwalking”. This is easily done by enabling it for flying mounts, as they should clearly be able to fly over water anyway.
    Your solution is way, way more stupid than just giving us an item that lets you waterwalk with whatever your favorite mount is. Which is what they're doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    So we're getting a waterstrider that can no longer stride on water? Nice.
    Any mount can stride on water now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nice, I thought it was silly that it only worked after 100. Right now I can use my water strider while leveling so removing it would be unfun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    do you want water walking or daze protection? you cant have both
    As a blood dk, you can have both and more.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Yes, but it will cost a lot of gold. Investing so much gold on every alt when a simple Waterstrider would have served cheaper purposes seems to be a lame gold sink. With so many allied races and the desire to level them to unlock their heritage, the gold cost will start piling up quickly.

I think the mount bardings should be account bound mods on a mount.
    Good news people can still get their water crickets. So now they have a choice, do it the old way or pay up. Nothing was lost this is a rather nice improvement for all players.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    As a blood dk, you can have both and more.
    Next Next Patch notes: Tanks no longer have daze protectiong Developers note: We really hate our players

Ahh. That's perfectly fine, then.

Did anyone say whether equipment is mount-specific or shared?

Regarding paying up, they said mount equipment would be tuned to cost around 1000g at current inflation levels, which is really very little money.

Actually, since mounts are account-wide, maybe the equipment is too? So you equip water walking on your moose on your 120, and every character's moose has it?
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2019-04-12 at 12:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who needs Water Walking when you can FLY

- - - Updated - - -

also, what good is water walking when it'll break on the first melee hit you take?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Just use an underwater mount, Works almost as well as the waterstrider
    that, or just use the Angler's fishing raft. always came in handy more than the mount did.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post

So only DKs and Shaman will be able to effectively use dazed protection with water walking as these classes have it by default.
    Blood DKs already have water walking and daze protection, this gives them safe fall as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    Nice, I thought it was silly that it only worked after 100. Right now I can use my water strider while leveling so removing it would be unfun.
    Just send the WW equip to your alt.
    Problem solved.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Blood DKs already have water walking and daze protection, this gives them safe fall as well.
    Now that's overpowered.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Then...use them?
    I dont understand the problem.
    With the mount equipment changes, I will be able to now! :-D

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Just send the WW equip to your alt.
    Problem solved.
    No. Problem not solved. At least not on the PTR right now. Yes, you can mail the equip to your alt. The equipment itself says it requires Level 20. So far, so good. But when you open up the mount journal on that alt, the equipment slot is unavailable -- it tells you it's unlocked at Level 100. It tells you that even if you already do have a toon or toons at Level 100 or greater. Even if you've successfully applied mount equipment for that higher level character. That's not the way they've said it's supposed to work. Either that, or I'm an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Yes, but it will cost a lot of gold. Investing so much gold on every alt when a simple Waterstrider would have served cheaper purposes seems to be a lame gold sink. With so many allied races and the desire to level them to unlock their heritage, the gold cost will start piling up quickly.

I think the mount bardings should be account bound mods on a mount.
    THIS. Totally this. They need to grandfather the water walking mounts, and they need to SERIOUSLY lower the cost of the equipment pieces. If you can't trust that things you've worked for won't be taken away, why even bother playing?

This is just another heavy-handed way to increase MAU without adding content. Limited ways to earn gold (tons of grindy content that rewards ZERO gold but can eat your armor) plus tons of different gold sinks = more time in game grinding, unless you want to buy and sell tokens. This one particularly screws over altoholics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    that, or just use the Angler's fishing raft. always came in handy more than the mount did.
    Who wants to grind the Angler's raft on every. single. toon? Last I checked, required rep to use, which I only have on two toons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Ahh. That's perfectly fine, then.

Did anyone say whether equipment is mount-specific or shared?

Regarding paying up, they said mount equipment would be tuned to cost around 1000g at current inflation levels, which is really very little money.

Actually, since mounts are account-wide, maybe the equipment is too? So you equip water walking on your moose on your 120, and every character's moose has it?
    Equipment is per character. If you have a lot of alts - particularly if you are a multi-boxer - it will be stupidly expensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazr View Post
    Who wants to grind the Angler's raft on every. single. toon? Last I checked, required rep to use, which I only have on two toons.
    A. The angler's raft has been a TOY since WoD/Legion, meaning you only needed to obtain it once with a single character.

B. The angler's raft required a fishing skill of 550 or so to use, which was pandaria level fishing. As of BFA, all profession brackets from expansions are modular instead of cumulative (you just learn each expansion range/mastery when you hit that level now) you literally just need to be level 75-90 to use it after learning the pandaria fishing(1).

C. maybe read up on changes before spouting out of date information?

D. the new system will award you with a water walking item you can re-equip to the Waterstrider so it works just as it did before. So there is literally no issue with how it is being changed.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Tazr View Post
    THIS. Totally this. They need to grandfather the water walking mounts, and they need to SERIOUSLY lower the cost of the equipment pieces. If you can't trust that things you've worked for won't be taken away, why even bother playing?

This is just another heavy-handed way to increase MAU without adding content. Limited ways to earn gold (tons of grindy content that rewards ZERO gold but can eat your armor) plus tons of different gold sinks = more time in game grinding, unless you want to buy and sell tokens. This one particularly screws over altoholics.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Equipment is per character. If you have a lot of alts - particularly if you are a multi-boxer - it will be stupidly expensive.
    The raft is a toy,if you have it all your Alts can use it

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadrienne View Post
    No. Problem not solved. At least not on the PTR right now. Yes, you can mail the equip to your alt. The equipment itself says it requires Level 20. So far, so good. But when you open up the mount journal on that alt, the equipment slot is unavailable -- it tells you it's unlocked at Level 100. It tells you that even if you already do have a toon or toons at Level 100 or greater. Even if you've successfully applied mount equipment for that higher level character. That's not the way they've said it's supposed to work. Either that, or I'm an idiot.
    Or... it's a bug! Report it. They clearly stated you can use equipment on your level 20+ alt after you unlocked it with your level 100+, so if you can't, it's not working as intended a.k.a. a bug and they'll fix it.