Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    "You said you didn't like flying being gated, so now water walking is too. Thanks for your feedback!"
    It says in the same fucking line that people that already have the water strider gets this in the mail for free so u can use it for ALL mounts, not just the water striders. Jesus christ man, read the whole thing before you outrage.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Have they mentioned wether or not flying will be enabled with War Mode? God I hope not.

Mercenary mode doesn't let you make social connections, so it wouldn't help the long term health of the PvE community on a faction.

What about forcing CRZ and sharding down peoples throat in non warmode areas, bloody idiots. That affects community health and has since Legion.

Nothing about this patch seems to fix the core issues with BfA and WoW in general. Time to see if they will pull their fingers out of their ass for the new expansion come Blizzcon.

Now my only hope is classic, to play a version of WoW that isn't infested with piss and shit that is in retail WoW.
    Last edited by Roar-Powah; 2019-04-12 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    Ah, yes! Let us talk about stuff that will obviously happen instead of all the new stuff that will appear! Cause clearly, when people want info on new big content patches, what they want to know is that Shaman's Lightning Bolt is getting a 5% buff! It's not like the PTR will come soon and show more specifics such as class changes/balance OH WAIT!

Also if Fire Mage doesn't get better I will flip tables all day!
    Cries in sword and board and single minded fury. I just want options man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    "You said you didn't like flying being gated, so now water walking is too. Thanks for your feedback!"
    Lets see, you obtain water walking mount by owning a water strider. How the fuck is it time gated when you obtain it literally the same way. Oh right were on mmo-c where people dont read and hyperbole like crazy.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

3+ Year Old Account
    "Mechagon and Nazjatar will be fully open on day 1, while the dungeon and raid will launch either the second or third week."

Hmmm. Sounds interesting. 8.1 was staggered over several months. We still don't have all te 8.15 content. Can they really keep this promise? That would be pretty cool actually.

It's very unlikely we'll see a mercenary system for PvE, as the divide is such a core part of the story and game. It also does more to help queue times, as it switches a player from one side of the queue to another. Mercenary mode doesn't let you make social connections, so it wouldn't help the long term health of the PvE community on a faction.
    This has to be the stupidest point. How would mercenary mode prevent you from making social connections when the current PUG culture is already devoid of any social connections... You find a group, so one or more dungeons/raids and then leave and never see the other players again...

Also finally merging the factions and getting rid of this nonsense of splitting the player base would help

Sounds like solid plans. Hopefully it resolves whatever problems people have.
    And future brings more stuff, like housing solved and brought in.
    Only thing that rubbed me the wrong way is the fact that spawn timer camping rares are back in and this statement:
    "There aren't any plans to set the new NPC AI loose into the world, as people expect mobs to behave a certain way and the team wants to be careful about changing that."
    Who expects that? People are so afraid of change.. Just give us map roaming rares who wander the whole world until killed and then another one spawns somewhere and runs around until found and killed and a faction + currency (for rewards) + rep to hunt them for.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2019-04-12 at 01:02 PM.

So they are trying to force world pvp on us again?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Have they mentioned wether or not flying will be enabled with War Mode? God I hope not.
    They kind of did:

Flying will be enabled in Mechagon + Warmode will be enabled in Mechagon.

The Water Strider will no longer be able to walk on water without the equipment slot.

LOLWUT? Joke?

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Does this mean it’s mandatory? Is it a PvP place? If so, everyone who just wants to PvE will miss a shitload of content. I’m not going there if I’m forced to PvP.

On WoW Head it says Mechagon is War Mode compatible, and mentions should be fun if people opt into it.
    Last edited by TristanTaylor; 2019-04-12 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Different wording on WoWHead

The world is more intimidating when you can't just fly over everything. You also get a better sense of place when exploring from the ground.

^such a cop-out then make the skies interesting there so many ways to do it, mobs in the sky, ground mobs that shoot you, ground mobs that can pull you down, turrents that can shot you etc.... heck they have done these things in small areas before... just expand it.

They are afraid of removing tf/wf because, and i quote, they are afraid people will be fully geared within a week?

Why don't they, oh i don't know, make EPIC GEAR EPIC AGAIN. Quit guaranteeing drops, and let people work for it.

Problem is they can't do that without neutering M+ and it's weekly chest too, because raiding is already near dead in favor of M+ for a lot of the remaining players.

Shame they don't just make raid gear drastically better, but rare to find.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Does this mean it’s mandatory? Is it a PvP place? If so, everyone who just wants to PvE will miss a shitload of content. I’m not going there if I’m forced to PvP.
    ok I don't know where you got that quote from...... but no, PvP has NEVER been mandatory unless you want to do PvP content. which Mechagon is definitely not a part of

To get this straight: The equipment for mounts is not on a per-mount basis but rather affects all of them at once?
    So if I choose to have the no-daze effect active and come by a river I want to cross, I cannot swap to my strider anymore, I would have to insert a different mount item and afterwards switch back to the no-daze effect?

How is that a good system?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    ok I don't know where you got that quote from...... but no, PvP has NEVER been mandatory unless you want to do PvP content. which Mechagon is definitely not a part of
    they openly say mechagon will be war mode on mandatory. you go to mechagon, you're in the danger zone

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    As long as it doesn't end up "Human housing for Alliance, Orc housing for Horde" nor adding in important NPCs (AH, Bank, Professions) that gives you no reason to ever leave the place (AKA Garrisons), this is the only thing I am interested in seeing. I only want it to be for customization, trophies and cosmetics, nothing else.
    i agree. kind of like a little house - you can choose which capital city you want to be in and in it you can have trophies for the various achievements you have done etc. that would be cool. no vendors, no mission table - it is a home away from home basically.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    they openly say mechagon will be war mode on mandatory. you go to mechagon, you're in the danger zone
    "War Mode is enabled in Mechagon, but the central hub is neutral and you will be attacked by guards if you initiate combat with the opposite faction. The turrets are not PvP enabled, but it seems like Ion wanted them to be now that Taliesin mentioned it."

you CAN enable it in Mechagon if you CHOOSE to. just like every other zone currently in the game.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    1) I have two water striders, that never stopped me from using random favourite mount button.
    2) They should have unlocked water walking on all mounts without equipment and do the same with non-PvP daze. There's no reason for these mechanics existance, they are nothing but annoyance.
    yeah but you never use the random favourite mount button if you knew you were going to need to go over water. now, you can with any mount.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dhru2 View Post
    "Horde and Alliance populations are actually well balanced across the world, there is just less of a raiding community on the Alliance side." Sure kido, sure... How about these devs install this game one day?
    um..... you are aware that 200 Horde guilds downed mythic Jaina before 100 Alliance guilds did right? I mean just going off that alone seems to suggest that Horde have more of a raiding community. also, they can literally see which guilds have downed bosses. so I am pretty sure that they know exactly how many Horde raiding guilds there are and how many Alliance ones there are as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    Mercenary mode doesn't let you make social connections, so it wouldn't help the long term health of the PvE community on a faction.

What about forcing CRZ and sharding down peoples throat in non warmode areas, bloody idiots. That affects community health and has since Legion.

Nothing about this patch seems to fix the core issues with BfA and WoW in general. Time to see if they will pull their fingers out of their ass for the new expansion come Blizzcon.

Now my only hope is classic, to play a version of WoW that isn't infested with piss and shit that is in retail WoW.
    hahahaha post like this make me laugh so hard. Claiming that clsasic will fix the community issue.

Community is base on ppl, and since the add CRZ if you are a social person the community is huge, the issue is that bring alot of rubbish too. Back on Vanilla community was a joke and elitist jerks.

Sorry to bring it to you but the issue isnt CRZ is the time and age, any mmo suffer this days for a non healthy community, check FF or ESO there are worst jerks there.

so the new mount is the "It" machine Mr Garrison makes in South Park.

hard pass

Mrlaghy, not to be rude but that does mean war mode will be active in mecha. Just that you’re safe in the capital city. No where have I read anything about mecha being a friendly place.

It’s forced war mode for the rares. Until you can prove that it’s safe outside the capital, I’ll assume it’s pvp only