Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    After seeing the video, if I were to split the new zones like the first 2 continents were split, it is obvious Mechagon is the alliance zone, and Nazjatar is the horde one. I noticed the horde got gilbins, makura AND sea giants.. the alliance get some jinyu sub-race. It's definitely cooler.

I keep getting the annoying sinking feeling, more night elf lore and elven stuff is being shunted to the horde or representing the horde and away from the night elves - but i'm being greedy because at least we are getting elven stuff, night elf stuff too, even if it is going in the horde direction more and more - having it is way better than the huge night elf drought from classic to legion - with cataclysm being the only time they got new stuff (like every classic race did).

But while Mechagon is cool, it's clear Nazjatar is far superior, and given that Mechagon is clearly themed around the gnomes, Nazjatar I feel is going to be more focused towards the horde. 3 allied races in the Gilbins, Makura and Sea Giants (which were previously a night elf alliance thing) is an incredible combo, and I feel just one group for the alliance feels a bit lesser - but some may feel this is made up for in Mechagon - I disagree, Mechagon sorta makes up for the disproportionate goblin representation since cataclysm, and should not be viewed as an alliance consolation for the horde featuring and Starring in Naz'jatar .. if anyone felt so.

I call it now, I'm willing to wager if we get a new playable race/allied race heading into 9.0 based on this, it will be Naga or a Naga-elf allied race joining the horde. While it should Night elves aren't going to get any of that stuff for their new home, like Suramar, it is going to the horde. 3rd elven group for the horde. - an extraordinary leap, but this is how these things start.
    Damn, Armstrong, you doin’ some stretchin’.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Except, they're not an actual faction at all. Blizzard said they'd be a small group that you'd be aiding. Never once said anything about building rep with them.
    Already confirmed that there are at LEAST three reps in 8.2 (Scrapbot Rebellion, Naga Slaves, Ankoan) by people that actually played the game.

Everything is Horde bias. Horde lose leaders, Horde bias. Horde exist in Alliance zone, Horde Bias. Zone dedicated entirely to mechagnomes, still probably horde bias somehow.

7+ Year Old Account
    Doubt it, the Gilbin would be an allied race. The Ankoran would be a full new race, not an allied race. An allied race would be if the naga gained an elf form for example.
    Kul Tirans are a full new race and yet they were classified as an allied race
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

15+ Year Old Account
    Except, they're not an actual faction at all. Blizzard said they'd be a small group that you'd be aiding. Never once said anything about building rep with them.
    Dude they flat out said there's an Emissary for Nazjatar WQs during the stream, and the content creators have said the Horde rep is the Naga Slaves and Alliance rep is the Ankoan.

10+ Year Old Account
    They already said when they first talked about 8.2 that the Ankoan are nearly extinct in order to quash any rumors of them ever being an allied race. We're basically helping the very last of them get revenge.
    Possible, I am not saying Ankoan are confirmed merely that if anything in Nazjatar is becoming playable it will be them. We will see next week once we have datamined their models and know what they look like. If they have two genders and plentiful customization options, they are possible. If they have a single gender model and minor variations, they are a Drogbar type NPC race.

Still, sort of begs the question why they went with the Ankoan at all when they could have just had some badass Jinyu.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    ??????????????????

How do you always come to these stupid conclusions?
    ^^ This, both zones are for both factions, one zone has a slightly more connection to the alliance thus it must be theirs in the same way timeless isle is alliance because the prince of stormwind is there?
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
    ^^ This, both zones are for both factions, one zone has a slightly more connection to the alliance thus it must be theirs in the same way timeless isle is alliance because the prince of stormwind is there?
    And I mean how does he come to the conclusion then that there's gonna be a naga race which is also with horde?!

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    To me this feels like an Alliance patch all the way. Like the last Legion patch. With focus on Alliance races.
    So we focus on Naga.. which are not Alliance.. and Gnomes and Tauren, which are Alliance and Horde.
    How is this an Alliance focus?

10+ Year Old Account
    After seeing the video, if I were to split the new zones like the first 2 continents were split, it is obvious Mechagon is the alliance zone, and Nazjatar is the horde one. I noticed the horde got gilbins, makura AND sea giants.. the alliance get some jinyu sub-race. It's definitely cooler.

I keep getting the annoying sinking feeling, more night elf lore and elven stuff is being shunted to the horde or representing the horde and away from the night elves - but i'm being greedy because at least we are getting elven stuff, night elf stuff too, even if it is going in the horde direction more and more - having it is way better than the huge night elf drought from classic to legion - with cataclysm being the only time they got new stuff (like every classic race did).

But while Mechagon is cool, it's clear Nazjatar is far superior, and given that Mechagon is clearly themed around the gnomes, Nazjatar I feel is going to be more focused towards the horde. 3 allied races in the Gilbins, Makura and Sea Giants (which were previously a night elf alliance thing) is an incredible combo, and I feel just one group for the alliance feels a bit lesser - but some may feel this is made up for in Mechagon - I disagree, Mechagon sorta makes up for the disproportionate goblin representation since cataclysm, and should not be viewed as an alliance consolation for the horde featuring and Starring in Naz'jatar .. if anyone felt so.

I call it now, I'm willing to wager if we get a new playable race/allied race heading into 9.0 based on this, it will be Naga or a Naga-elf allied race joining the horde. While it should Night elves aren't going to get any of that stuff for their new home, like Suramar, it is going to the horde. 3rd elven group for the horde. - an extraordinary leap, but this is how these things start.
    I actually believe we'll be both.. Naga's are a threat to everyone, not just the Horde. And Mechagon, you know Goblins want their hands on that shit.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Everything is Horde bias. Horde lose leaders, Horde bias. Horde exist in Alliance zone, Horde Bias. Zone dedicated entirely to mechagnomes, still probably horde bias somehow.
    This made me laugh because its pretty standard alliance talk.. we have 2 expansions about past heroes of alliance, have a alliance affiliated quest givers and forced to work with them no one bats an eye, do 1 quest chain with thrall(after forcing him to give up the fucking warchief stop and go neutral never to truely come back) and its horde bias Force us to raid our own capital and kill a very popular quest giver and turn him into a loot pinata for the alliance , still horde bias somehow.

edit p.s - just reminded after posting of the time alliance was crying in forums about losing some AV game and how unfair it was and blues actually posted how AV was designed unfairly against the horde because of the tower/bunker design and the long bridge horde had to cross to get into ally base defended by 2 bunkers.. and that they were aware of it all along.
    Last edited by faithbane; 2019-04-12 at 10:05 AM.

Don't quit your day job, kiddo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanibuhl View Post
    So we focus on Naga.. which are not Alliance.. and Gnomes and Tauren, which are Alliance and Horde.
    How is this an Alliance focus?
    Mechagon is all about Gnomes, with a Gnomish theme. Nazjatar seems to have a Highborne city, and the Naga are of Night Elf descent. Also if any race we meet there is going to be an allied race, it will be the fish samurai the Alliance befriend.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    And I mean how does he come to the conclusion then that there's gonna be a naga race which is also with horde?!
    gibberish i imagine its the junker gnomes maybe becoming an allied race, but i suspect they might pair with the furries lol.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

In my opinion Queen Azshara should survive her raid encounter and break away from Nzoth, whether it be in a bid for glory or because she realizes this old god stuff isn't a winning strategy anymore. I'm not convinced players want more major lore characters die off for the sake of purple loot if we can spare it.

Have the naga act as a not-quite-friendly-but-'friendly' neutral faction that the factions sometimes cooperate with, sometimes have conflict with. They're experts in Old God and Shadowlands magic so having them around would be pretty useful, but at the same time they're notably immoral and their interests don't always mesh with facets of the Alliance/Horde. Quintessentially, it would be like our dealings with goblin and pirate factions.

Compounding on that: we should have the naga act as a pandaren-esque playable race who chooses their side. They have prior ties to blood elves, void elves (i.e. former blood elves) and demon hunters, so it doesn't strike me as far-fetched they would at least act as mercenaries, especially if their kingdom suffers enough of a loss. Playable ones could act as upstanding heroes looking to mend rifts between their kingdom and the Alliance/Horde for the sake of a better future.
    Last edited by Ridley; 2019-04-12 at 12:05 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

no. /10char

Mechagon is neutral and Nazjatar has both an Alliance and Horde faction afaik

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Mechagon is all about Gnomes, with a Gnomish theme. Nazjatar seems to have a Highborne city, and the Naga are of Night Elf descent. Also if any race we meet there is going to be an allied race, it will be the fish samurai the Alliance befriend.
    True... although I'm not really thrilled about gnomes to be honest :x

Quote Originally Posted by Hanibuhl View Post
    True... although I'm not really thrilled about gnomes to be honest :x
    I think they look cool, I'd try out the Alliance if I could be a robot gnome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
    I think they look cool, I'd try out the Alliance if I could be a robot gnome.
    The odds of them not becoming an allied race is very small. Not only do they seem specifically designed to be the "Gnome-Based" allied race, but they have been built up as a presence in the game, and even foreshadowed in NPC dialogue. Like Gallywix questioning if Gelbin wants to be part machine.

In other words, you wish may very well be granted.