Poll: Should risen Zin'Azshari be the new night elf Capital?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Just give them a new city. Enough of this "former glory" crap. The Nelfs have their own thing, maybe focus on that and build it up from the ground instead of drowning them over and over?
    If with this, the nelves fans keep quiet for a long time, then I support this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

I don't tie Night Elves to ruin. In fact they openly reject to inhabit any ruin, despite it'd be fairly easy to rebuild and make perfectly good cities out of them.
    Simply put, Kaldorei only look to the past to remember why they are the way they are. They want a city? They build it, they simply don't need anything from their "ancestors" so they don't bother reclaiming it.
    It's quite the opposite actually, I'm the one asking for kaldorei to make their own cities the way they want, instead of trying to go back to arcane places they are no longer connected to.

3+ Year Old Account
    Say Blizzard will build them a new city. Where would it be built.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewshine View Post
    I already make my stand here. Starting zone being Darkshore, they build a city there, maybe on the place Tyrande became the Night Warrior just for symbolic reasons.

3+ Year Old Account
    I’ll have to agree with the choice. At the moment I don’t see any other zone that fits them as well as darkshore.

Only if Sylvanas sinks it afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    So 8.2 reveal is finally up, and Nazjatar has 3 main zones to it. The Kelp forest/region, the ruins of Zin'Azshari which are above water, and the Naga City with the crowning Eternal Palace.

We don't know quite what will happen to Queen Azshara ( I still suspect we don't defeat her, and she plays a large role in the next expansion, as a main villain possibly someone we might have to work alongside too , before either eventually killing her or some other unexpected fate - of which my personal favourite is Azshara returned to her night elf form, but all her magical ability completley removed and she becomes insignifcant and a ridicule to people.

But enough of that. It is possible that we could have situation where a permanent force is needed to oversee that area and the night elves who are also in need of a new home, and now have both the arcane and nature expertise to rebuild their ancient cities take it upon themeslves. Having lost a foothold in Kalimdor, and still in a fight to claim it back, can you imagine a situation where the returned highborne (Shen'dralar/Farondis) spearhead the effort alongside some druids to rebuild the city as a new home and base to both live and continue their campaign to win back Kalimdor.

Even if the night elves get kalimdor back, they still need a city, is Zin'Azshari the perfect option to return to, and from their night elves try to re-establish themselves in their zones in both Kalimdor and the broken isle?

I wouldn't mind this at all.. it will kill the cries for kaldorei taking Suramar, and put it firmly in the hands of the horde night elves - the shal'dorei .tbh, especially if we get some naga on our side after the defeat of Azshara, and these naga or naga elves - call em Naz'dorei (like the concept from Big Mama) actually joined up with the night elves, with the Naz'dorei having the semi-submerged naga city, and the night elves the rebuilt Zin'Azshari as their capital. In the future i can see Hyjal as the centre of night elven druidsm, Cathedral of Eternal Night the centre of Night elven Elunism, and ZIn'Azshari the centre of night elven civilization. Night elves don't ahve to all be in one area when they have
    Personally I prefer that Zinazshari be a sanctuary city for all the elves, it was their old capital. besides the blood elves are descendants of zinashari highbornewho rebelled against azshara I suppose that they will also have some interest in the city.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Only if Sylvanas sinks it afterwards.
    Or plague bombs it. Either works.

Side question: what is with the mass influx of night elf related topics lately? Did something happen lore wise?

Zin'Azshari option would fit the night elves, it is their former capital and the original holy site too before the priesthood moved to Suramar, it could work just as easily as Suramar.

The night elves don't need Suramar. A rebuilt Zin'Azshari would be more symbolic for them and a greater symbol of restoration of what was lost, healing of what was broken. Suramar may have survived, but it did so in addiction holding on to all the unhealthy qualities that led them to their greatest embarassment. You can imagine Tyrande being disappointed that they were letting demons walk through and so hopelessly dependent on the arcane, that her very own kin who once defied their queen alongside her, would actually open the gates to a force they now knew were clearly monstrous and world ending would have applled her, even though she helped free it.

Zin'Azshari was the original Elun'dale City, and first contact with Elune made their. Suramar may have the Catehdral of eternal night, but zin'Azshari has the sight, and similar temple can be built there too (they just need to give a restored version of CoEN).

Furthermore rebuilding the night elf capital, shows the night elves can come back, and fix what was broken - ti is powerfully symbolic, arcane management, pride, all these were broken, but since then with groups like the shen'dralar and Farondis who have shown tot have come to their senses (shen'dralar) and never lost their nobility (Farondis), representing an unaddicted and responsible wielding of magic, together with a druidic force free from nightmare corruption and a preisthood reconnected with their goddess free from Azshara.. it couldn't be more perfect.

They rename it Elun'dale - and this becomes their new centre. No need to worry about the fate of Dire Maul or Suramar, who knows in the future maybe nightborne and kaldorei would get along and you'd have those 3 cities on the same side, but at leat for now, it could be the best thing for night elves.
    Elun'dris was the name

3+ Year Old Account
    At this point blizz should just hire a team specifically for updating all zones regardless of what is going on in the expansion

I thought their city got destroyed.. i never read that they left their cities. They were destroyed by demons, then sunk to the bottom of the ocean. This is why they hated the legion so much, and committed themselves to an eternal vigil against them...

Where is this lore coming from?
    It's the Story of the night elves.
    "With the majority of the Highborne dead, the kaldorei turned away from their arcane legacy and began a new culture focusing on attunement with nature and their surroundings, settling in the sacred glades around Mount Hyjal."
    Source: Wowpedia

They turned away from their arcane heritage and everything that had to do with it, including Zin-Azshari which was the Capital of the Highborne and is a symbol for the arcane empire that lead to the great sundering in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewshine View Post
    Val'sharah makes the most sense, but if they don't want a capital city on the Legion server for mechanical reasons then Darkshore or Ashenvale is probably the next best option. I doubt they'll try to grow a World Tree again, especially without Aspects to bless it, but I can see them building up Bashal'aran or Astranaar quickly considering they literally just rapid-grow their buildings for the most part.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post

Suramar is the city with the close connection to the Darnassians, most of htem are from there,
    Surumar is to the darnassians as New York City is to Americans... I would argue that most of the later dubbed Darnassians are NOT actually from Suramar but that they knew of it. Seeing as the place was described as a great settlement and a gem of the High Born...

Most of them from Suramar? citation needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Transhumanism View Post
    It's the Story of the night elves.
    "With the majority of the Highborne dead, the kaldorei turned away from their arcane legacy and began a new culture focusing on attunement with nature and their surroundings, settling in the sacred glades around Mount Hyjal."
    Source: Wowpedia

They turned away from their arcane heritage and everything that had to do with it, including Zin-Azshari which was the Capital of the Highborne and is a symbol for the arcane empire that lead to the great sundering in the first place.
    That's not proof of what you said. Wowpedia is summarising the lore - they didn't "leave" their cities. They got destroyed.

I think sometimes you have to read the actual lore account, it would give you the correct perspective to understand such statements in places like wowpedia. That group of kaldorei had to turn away from their arcane legacy during the long vigil - they couldn't use the damn thing.
    As a consequence a new culture emerged that was very different from the previous one, but not entirely foreign to them.
    They settled in the glades around Mount Hyjal, because it was the only safe place they could find refuge - this is described in War of the Ancients.

If you hang around these forums enough or go read/play the content, you will get corrected on this, and you shouldn't take their statements as full proof either. For example, the article says the kaldorei turned waway from their arcane legacy, yet we know their were many kaldorei who did not like the highborne in Feralas or the Moonguard people or the Azsuna ghosts - so if you didn't know your lore you would wrongly interpret all kaldorei began a new culture.

And if you didn't pay attention to what WC3 meant or cataclysm highborne returning, or even why they did this, you would probably think that they are some how locked to and set in this new culture rejecting everything else - which isn't true either.

It probably smells like dead fish and seawater.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    gem of the High Born...

Gem of the high born? It was the jewel of the night elf empire. It literally says that. Besides aren't all highborne in that era night elves?

I am being confused by some of the things fans are saying. Is the kaldorei empire, the kaldorei civilziation, the night elf empire etc - is this not night elven ? Does it not belong to the night elves? Is it some other race or group.

Because I get the impression, people either don't think so, or have some hidden lore knowledge I don't know - which is not unlikely. I'm not their biggest fan, but even I know that Suramar, Zin'Azshari, Kaldorei empire, Night elf empire, night elf civilizaton, highborne, - that's all night elf shit.

It's like trying to deny the Illidari are night elves, - I would imagine a shen'dralar or Farondis, or Moonguard person, or even one of those returned Darnassian highborne would be highly offended. But then you're the night elf fan.

7+ Year Old Account
    Zin'aszharis ruins didn't rise from the sea, and even if it did they shouldn't.

Let them build a new city of their own in darkshore or something.

Formerly known as Arafal

I think Moonglade should be restructured to be their new Capital, but some notable changes.

First, the Tauren are expelled from Moonglade's borders (unless maybe a few NPC's totally renounce the Horde in order to stay?), I think that would actually add to Tauren lore quite a bit, showing them for the first time as a race "caught between a rock and a hard place".

Secondly, I would *COMPLETELY* change all of the underground "Burrows" to instead lead into "the Emerald Dream".

First off, only members of the Alliance would be phased to enter the Emerald Dream. Horde players would instead just go down into the existing, dank caverns. Entering the "Emerald Dream" phase, however, you'd see a massive city made up of nature-made structures, maybe even make the sky kind of a cosmic thing where you can see the sun and the moon and stars, all at the same time. Sort of a "nature on steroids" sort of effect.

And the portal in Duskwood could potentially also lead there?

The land has not risen and therefore I expect the seas to close all around it once whatever is separating them gets looted. probably a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasVonTzeskagrad View Post
    I don't tie Night Elves to ruin. In fact they openly reject to inhabit any ruin, despite it'd be fairly easy to rebuild and make perfectly good cities out of them.
    Simply put, Kaldorei only look to the past to remember why they are the way they are. They want a city? They build it, they simply don't need anything from their "ancestors" so they don't bother reclaiming it.
    It's quite the opposite actually, I'm the one asking for kaldorei to make their own cities the way they want, instead of trying to go back to arcane places they are no longer connected to.
    The city is not something from their ancestors, you're thinking blood elves perhaps? (most people here do), the kaldorei actually lived there, when it was pristine and incredible.

I'm not sure people get the sense of what happened with the night elves. The impression I got during classic was that during the long vigil they avoided their ruined cities because of the reminders of the past - not the arcane wielding or the greatness - it is silly to think that is what they shied away from - but the pain of the death and destruction, the people, the greatness, the wonder, the life, the achievements and accomplishments that were all lost.. painful.. lost because of their hubris.

but 10,000 years is a long time to grieve and shun, and the long vigil is over too. Not only that, the arcane has been restored and the legion's return and destruction removes the need to withdraw form use. Much has change, if you follow the implications of WC3, the cataclysm, and especially legion, you would find the changes blizzard has shown in line with this, ubt if you want to flesh it out, you can see - night elves of any group are not in long vigil/isolation mode anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Surumar is to the darnassians as New York City is to Americans... I would argue that most of the later dubbed Darnassians are NOT actually from Suramar but that they knew of it. Seeing as the place was described as a great settlement and a gem of the High Born...

War of the ancients follows 3 suramar heroes. Malfurion & Illidan Stormrage and Tyrande Whisperwind, they start in the city, the forest they meet Cenarius in is on the outskirts - (Val'sharah we now know its name), the army they whip up to march against Zin'Azshari is from people of the city and surrounding area. Lord Ravencrest who is the highest ranking official that leads the rebellion is from that region too. It is that army from the night elven survivors of the city and region that march on Zin'Azshari and win. Along the way they gather more people.. but if you look at the trajectory, Suramar isn't that far from Zin'Azshari - so it is more Suramar country folk and those from Zin'Azshari region that would largely be the force. Not all were from suramar, but the majority were. It is these that get spared and form the bulk of the group that makes it way to Hyjal, along with the few Zin'Azshari palace highborne (the sunstrider group) that the new high priest brings along)/

I'm not making this up, please go read the book again.