10+ Year Old Account
    https://atlasdefenseindustries.com/

is this a legit corp? i just got an email invitation from them as soon as i bought the game and logged in
    it looks solid, built with arma players and whatnot
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post

is this a legit corp? i just got an email invitation from them as soon as i bought the game and logged in
    Seems like a legit Star Citizen corp as it has a big donation button right on their front page.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Seems like a legit Star Citizen corp as it has a big donation button right on their front page.
    are you being sarcastic or serious? im new to SC so im not sure

15+ Year Old Account
    are you being sarcastic or serious? im new to SC so im not sure
    Unfortunately both.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Nah, that would include free-fly accounts, forum signups etc. Approximately half of the signups are backers who have bought the game so average would be more in the $220 range, which is clearly a completely useless average.
    And I'm sure you have a source to back this claim up right?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    And I'm sure you have a source to back this claim up right?
    Absolutely. Turbulent, who handle all the website side of things, said that roughly half of the signups were paying customers.

Of the one million user accounts that includes the Roberts Space Industries platform, 500,000 fans have already pre-purchased content in the game, which is actively involved in its funding
    https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen...ckers_figures/

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    and still you have no clue about the game at all, they discuss ingame mechanics and such on and show everyone who wants to watch, they have discussed the line between griefing and normal pirating, basically if your intentionally going after one player over and over your stopping them from playing the game that will be something a ticket can be put in for.

The average player probably has bought something between a superhornet/cutlass to a 5 man ship like constellation/carrack at most, most of the playerbase would have just bought the base game so players having a slightly better ship is unlikely to even affect normal gameplay.

98 dollars is the average spent considering the amount of citizen the game currently has.
    First of all, you are the one that went off on this 'griefing' tangent. So just drop it already. You make a statement that better ships are unlikely to affect normal gameplay, what a load of shit. You are so dishonest it is sickening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely. Turbulent, who handle all the website side of things, said that roughly half of the signups were paying customers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen...ckers_figures/
    2 year old link that doesn't say average amount per person was $200+
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Yes, it is legit.

Note that it is an exclusive organization. You're expected not to join other organizations while in Atlas (you can be apart of multiple organizations in SC, up to 10. You can set a main organization in your profile and the others will be listed as "affiliates").

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Check this vid for a good introduction:
    As a side note: patch 3.5 hasn't dropped on live yet. However, given it's imminent release, this would be a good time to get in the game and experiment with different equipment, as your money is reset when a new major patch is dropped. Spent 4k credits on a sniper rifle and wished you had gotten a Karna? No biggie, now you know and you'll get your credits back shortly.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2019-04-11 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    First of all, you are the one that went off on this 'griefing' tangent. So just drop it already. You make a statement that better ships are unlikely to affect normal gameplay, what a load of shit. You are so dishonest it is sickening.
    why would a more expensive ship affect gameplay, your the one who has no clue about star citizen whatsoever, the 1-2% of players that have all these ships are not going to affect the gameplay, this game is not like eve it actually takes skill to fly these ships and multiple crew if its a large ship, do you know how hard it is to actually hit something smaller in Star Citizen .

Your the one being dishonest giving off misinformation about a game you have no clue about, there is many aspects still unclear for now but you state things as fact.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

2 year old link that doesn't say average amount per person was $200+
    Then you are looking for the wrong information or refusing to follow some very simple logic.

The information from Turbulent tells us that half of the "Star Citizens" are paying customers so we can take the current amount raised and divide it by half of the number of Star Citizens, thus $220 million / 1.1 million = $200 average.

For the record, at the time that letter was published they were sitting at $150 million raised, which can be verified from this spreadsheet, and would put the average at $300 per backer. However the information from Turbulent could easily have been gathered 2-4 months prior to being published which would reduce the amount per backer to $250 or so.
    Last edited by 1001; 2019-04-12 at 05:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you are looking for the wrong information or refusing to follow some very simple logic.

The information from Turbulent tells us that half of the "Star Citizens" are paying customers so we can take the current amount raised and divide it by half of the number of Star Citizens, thus $220 million / 1.1 million = $200 average.

For the record, at the time that letter was published they were sitting at $150 million raised, which can be verified from this spreadsheet, and would put the average at $300 per backer. However the information from Turbulent could easily have been gathered 2-4 months prior to being published which would reduce the amount per backer to $250 or so.
    Your assuming they had absolutely no other income except from backers.

by 2016 they already has other sources of income.

https://cloudimperiumgames.com/blog/...017-financials
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2019-04-12 at 03:47 PM.

Your assuming they had absolutely no other income except from backers.

by 2016 they already has other sources of income.

https://cloudimperiumgames.com/blog/...017-financials
    Uh huh. Which is largely besides the point. It really feels like you're splitting hairs here in denial of the fact that the average per paying backer is considerably more than dividing the crowdfunded total by number of Star Citizens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh huh. Which is largely besides the point. It really feels like you're splitting hairs here in denial of the fact that the average per paying backer is considerably more than dividing the crowdfunded total by number of Star Citizens.
    I mean, your gonna believe what you want anyways. I was just wondering if you have actual proof, or if you were just using numbers without any real info behind them.

I got my answer.

lets go by your 50% estimate which is most likely wrong as each free fly event has only risen the accounts by a few thousand but that happens on a regular basis. At most i would estimate around 400-500 thousand accounts that dont have packages.

$222,725,996, 1,134,534 citizens, 222,725,996 - 41 million for income not including backers, 181,725,996, means average spent is 160 dollars per citizen

I mean, your gonna believe what you want anyways. I was just wondering if you have actual proof, or if you were just using numbers without any real info behind them.

I got my answer.
    The hypocrisy of this post is amazing. Despite being provided a statement from a CIG-aligned company who have access to this information you are the one choosing to believe what you want anyway.
    Trying to turn this around on me when I've provided sources for my claims, unlike you, just shows how willfully obtuse you are being.

lets go by your 50% estimate which is most likely wrong as each free fly event has only risen the accounts by a few thousand but that happens on a regular basis. At most i would estimate around 400-500 thousand accounts that dont have packages.
    Good god, it is not my estimate. Turbulent work for CIG, they deal with all of the backend information and they know how many signups are paying customers. So when they say that around 50% of signups are paying customers there is absolutely no reason to believe otherwise, unless a person wants to refuse to see the facts.

Hell, even the zealots on the subreddit accept that Turbulent's letter gives a more accurate idea of what is what.

$222,725,996, 1,134,534 citizens, 222,725,996 - 41 million for income not including backers, 181,725,996, means average spent is 160 dollars per citizen
    No no no no, what are you on about?

The tracker does not include non-crowdfunded income. If they did that it would be a gross misrepresentation of the facts.
    Last edited by 1001; 2019-04-13 at 06:09 AM.

No no no no, what are you on about?

The tracker does not include non-crowdfunded income. If they did that it would be a gross misrepresentation of the facts.
    as it stands now on the finacials last updated at the end of march there was 572163 citizens without ships, currently that would leave around 1,697,972 with ships much higher than 50%, it shows it in the financials under the full campaign if you want to take a look. J 864 is the area you can look at for information about citizens without ships and members of the UEE fleet.

all financial income would be included in the financials regardless of it being backer or elsewhere why would it not, a company cant survive on just the crowdfunded money.

There is a ton of information on the spreadsheet, but still the average is 132 spent per citizen including all income and people just buying the base game.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2019-04-13 at 06:47 AM.

as it stands now on the finacials last updated at the end of march there was 572163 citizens without ships, currently that would leave around 1,697,972 with ships much higher than 50%, it shows it in the financials under the full campaign if you want to take a look. J 864 is the area you can look at for information about citizens without ships and members of the UEE fleet.
    No, you cannot use the ship number as some sort of representation for the number of accounts. We all know there are lots of backers that have more than a single ship. There's a decent number that have spent $5000 or even $10,000 on virtual spaceships. There are people that have spent $50,000+ on spaceships. They skew the numbers dramatically.

all financial income would be included in the financials regardless of it being backer or elsewhere why would it not
    Don't just say it. Prove it.

Here's what Chris said in December 2018

The fact that we have raised over $211M via word of mouth and viral marketing is staggering.
    The exclusion of investors for their sources of income makes it apparent that the tracker only reflects sales via CIG's website and the Kickstarter campaign.

a company cant survive on just the crowdfunded money.
    CIG explicitly claimed that they could do this on just crowdfunded money, that's why they pushed for $23 million early on as it would mean they could drop the angel investors.

but still the average is 132 spent per citizen including all income and people just buying the base game.
    You are making up numbers to support your stance instead of using the evidence provided to you. The question is, why?
    Last edited by 1001; 2019-04-13 at 10:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i bought the basic game with the choice of mustang and aurora, after reading some stuff i went with choosing mustang. however i got them both available at the space station kiosk. was aurora given away for free to all or whats going on here?

also doesnt star marine mode have a matchmaking system? didnt seem like i could play it without friends, and i would really like to jump right into some shooting in SC
    Last edited by Proskill; 2019-04-13 at 08:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The hypocrisy of this post is amazing. Despite being provided a statement from a CIG-aligned company who have access to this information you are the one choosing to believe what you want anyway.
    Trying to turn this around on me when I've provided sources for my claims, unlike you, just shows how willfully obtuse you are being..

That statement only gives 2 numbers. There is a lot of information left out.

YOU are taking those 2 numbers and saying they must mean that. Not the link. NO WHERE in your link does it say what you are claiming.