Poll: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishy View Post
    Confirmed by the director on twitter that the laugh was indeed from palpatine.
    Oh my god that's gonna be interesting! Hope they don't fuck it up any further, JJ please.

7+ Year Old Account
    They keep adding characters without fleshing out any of the newcomers first
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I'm old enough that I watched the originals in the cinema. I actually enjoyed Revenge of the Sith but for me the series ended with Return of the Jedi. I consider the rest to be unrelated spinoffs. 7 was alright, some cool moments but something of the soul of the originals was missing. Same goes for 8 but it had so many things wrong with it. From the look of this trailer it's going to be more of the same, all 'cool' moments (backflip over a TIE fighter) but no soul.

Also I watched the live trailer reaction and Finn got no cheers lol.

Even if they bring back Palpatine that still doesn't account for the big ball of nothing that was Snoke. Who was this guy and why did the First Order follow him? And why is Kylo able to just assume command the second he is gone? There should be almost constant attempts by members of the First Order to take out Kylo Ren since it is well known he is just a child prone to temper tantrums. Before TLJ he was just the supreme leader's favorite rabid dog, now he's a rabid dog sitting at the controls. Unless there is some history of him being a competent leader buried in material that is not the movies, the First Order should not accept him as a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    WTF was that Palpatine laughing?
    in the old extended universe, palpatine has the ability to transfer his essence into other bodies. he has a gigantic stock of cloned bodies on the planet dromund kaas, that he uses to keep himself virtually immortal.

IF the directors are smart, they will pull from the EU and use this. not just some shit of him surviving and hiding. it would be very easy to say that explosion of energy when he died was his essence traveling to his cloned body.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Also I watched the live trailer reaction and Finn got no cheers lol.
    Why would he? He doesn't do anything except knock down an opponent that the film decides needs to die so the floor opens up and kills only them and not anyone else. It doesn't even look like he gets to be a jedi, which I know a lot of people were hoping for since the second they saw him holding a lightsaber in TFA promotional materials.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    I wonder if anyone will come along and create some kind of trilogy super cut like there is for The Hobbit which strips away much of the unnecessary baggage. It wouldn't be perfect but TLJ alone could be cut in half and I'd argue it'd be better(ish) because of it.
    Big cuts could make it into one movie out of three, sounds gud

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Big cuts could make it into one movie out of three, sounds gud
    Cut the entire last movie and it'd be better.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Why would he? He doesn't do anything except knock down an opponent that the film decides needs to die so the floor opens up and kills only them and not anyone else. It doesn't even look like he gets to be a jedi, which I know a lot of people were hoping for since the second they saw him holding a lightsaber in TFA promotional materials.
    Finn is an even more pointless addition to the story than Snoke. Just a pointless, boring as fuck character.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    Oh my god that's gonna be interesting! Hope they don't fuck it up any further, JJ please.
    Lol its JJ Abrams, he will posit questions that will never have answers.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crono14 View Post
    We are in the final act of the trilogy and I still really have no idea what the point or story this trilogy is trying to tell. Let the past die as in Jedi and Sith? But then Rise of Skywalker? Also what was the point of showing that random kid at the end of Episode 8? Now they are possibly bringing in a previous villian into the movie again? Was Snoke even relevant at all to the trilogy? Was rey's lineage or parents ever relevant? What the hell was the point of everything we have got so far? Kylo was almost trying to be painted as a protagonist in the last movie, but then also kind of not. I have no idea what his motivations are. Rey read some books so now she leveled up to max. This movie whatever it ends up being has a lot of crap to wrap up and do in the short time it has.

Also what the hell what was that Matrix slow down shit in a star wars movie. I surely hope we don't get more of that.
    The three trilogies are about the Skywalker family.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Cut the entire last movie and it'd be better.
    But, the porg getting fried by the lightsaber n chewie, well, chewing on one of them is the best part of the movie, surely that should be saved?

I think it's pretty clear that this trilogy is all about the failure of the Jedi/Sith dichotomy, and how things are more grey than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    But, the porg getting fried by the lightsaber n chewie, well, chewing on one of them is the best part of the movie, surely that should be saved?
    That was a tasty scene.

No one else think that ''Rise'' is an echo to ''Return'' and ''Revenge'' ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    It might just be a coincidence in the trailer, but they did have Palpatine laughing right after the scene of Rey and company approaching the sunken Death Star...
    In the SW universe, a dark side user can bind their essence to an artifact. They can't become force ghost (as far as we know) so its the next best thing if they don't want 'move on'. I would make sense for him to have bound himself to something that was in the Death Star, if not the Death Star itself.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Finn is an even more pointless addition to the story than Snoke. Just a pointless, boring as fuck character.
    I feel like they really missed an opportunity with him. If they had killed his character off at the end of the first movie it could have created powerful motivation for Rey to be tempted by the dark side, making her infinitely more interesting. There was a lot of untapped potential in the first movie tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    This was one of my main criticisms with the new trilogy (I have many). Seriously who the fuck are the first order? What do they want? Who is Snoke, why does he lead them? Where did they come from? How did Kylo meet Snoke? When did Snoke recruit him? Why does Kylo follow Snoke? How/why did nobody between film 6 and 7 do anything about them? How did they gain so much military power?

I just had no idea from the jump to 6 to 7 what happened and why. It was like going from Episode 6 to 8. As for episode 8 itself kill it with fire.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooti View Post
    Also note, that Rebels had Palpatine actively searching for access to time-travel-esque dimension. I do not know how they would use that though without it being too nerdy for the non-Star Wars nerd. I think Rey will be a Skywalker, daughter to Luke. His desire to not train her and push her away was in an attempt to break the cycle. I think Leia knows the truth also, which is why she so readily embraced her into the fold and connected with her. I hope this is true, so that it will put an end to any Kylo / Rey love affair!
    Now i remember why i hated rebels, the only good parts were when Ahsoka was there all the other shit was forgetable and shitty writing.

Timetravel my ass and then complaining the AU had bad writing...