Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Undercity as a capital isn't really gone though, we can still visit so there's little reason to give them another.

New allied race, undead worgens!
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper673 View Post
    WAS the home of the Forsaken. The Undercity falling means that the Forsaken have no major presence in the Eastern Kingdoms. They'd never be able to hold it if the Alliance came calling. Kinda the same idea with Darkshore though, imo. The kaldorei can fight for it all they want, but with no real Alliance presence on Kalimdor, they'd never be able to hold it. Especially being a stone's throw away from Orgrimmar.
    Wrong.
    "When Genn arrived at Stromgarde Keep before the events of the Gathering, he told Anduin that both kingdoms were now in ruins, with Gilneas being home to the Forsaken and Stromgarde being overrun with criminals, ogres, and trolls."
    Source: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ruins_of_G...fore_the_Storm

I don't think Blizzard will truly make Kalimdor Horde based and Eastern Kingdoms + Lordaeron Alliance. First of all what do you do with the starting zones? Leave them be? Give them to the Alliance? If yes which race? And if Blizzard really wanted to give Lordaeron to the Alliance then why the whole Blighting of Soutshore thing? They picked Stromgarde for restoration because it's the closest you can get as Alliance into Lordaeron. Even if the Undercity is destroyed, the Horde still has major presence in Hillsbrad foothills and Silverpine.

Furthermore the Blood Elves didn't even played a single part in the whole Battle for Lordaeron. With the Nightborne having access to the sunwell for Research and Development, the magical power of those two nations could blast the armies of the Alliance in an instant.

For Kalimdor the only help the Night Elves had were the Draenei and they suffered heavy casualties in the fight against the Legion on Argus (they even used one of their ships to get to Argus).

I don't see any reason why Lordaeron should belong to the Alliance, they wouldn't even have the ressources to conquer it.

I *LOVE* Gilneas. I would be furious, though, if it was repurposed into an Undead capital. To be honest, I think BFA may have done serious harm to the game with the destruction of these two cities (not the cities explicitly, so much as "each faction should have an ENTIRE continent), they've made the "world" feel much smaller.

Gilneas would make an amazing capital city, though. Just not sure where Forsaken would make the most sense. I'd probably gear more towards them shacking-up with Trolls and making Echo Isles into a more substantial area or proper capital.

Or maybe the Forsaken would rebuild Ahn'Qiraj, or a similar style city? That could be a crazy fucking change of pace...

They should stick to the plan of a continent for each power. That was presented as the sole reason for the stupid faction war at the beginning of this xpac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Purge the undead! abominations should not exist.

Yeah, the endgame is Gilneans/Night Elves together in the Eastern Kingdoms, which means Gilneas coming back.

I do wonder what will happen with Belves/Draenei.

Yeah that would go over well, make Gilneas a player city but for the Horde. That wouldn't cause a blacklash at alllllllllllllllllllllll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Yeah, the endgame is Gilneans/Night Elves together in the Eastern Kingdoms, which means Gilneas coming back.

I do wonder what will happen with Belves/Draenei.
    Nothing, they are protected by the most powerful force in the universe, the loading screen.

I hope you're right about Gilneas coming back eventually. After so many years I've lost hope, I'll believe it when I'll see it.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    The irony of being the one that’s wrong. “Before The Storm” took place before BfA, obviously (as is the point of the book). Alliance controls Lordaeron just about now, and EK practically as a whole. Gilneas is back in Alliance hands - there’s no forsaken left there now.
    lol, they don't. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    lol, they don't. At all.
    Nice evidence you got there champ. Got something better than a Blizzard book and ingame text?

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Nice evidence you got there champ. Got something better than a Blizzard book and ingame text?
    post the in-game text

Blizzard doesn't have a great track record of taking existing capital cities/lore areas and actually doing something good with them.

-Gilneas has been (mostly) empty since Cata, only being used for a couple quests for Forsaken (and Wrathion). Varian mentioned in SoO that he'd like to retake Gilneas, that never happened. There's also the Gilneas battleground, which might be similar to a Warfront in terms of lore (that we're always fighting for it).
    -Stromgarde was talked about by Alliance players for years, either as a city or a bigger quest hub that would be under Alliance control. Instead, it was under Forsaken control for a couple years, then neutral in Legion, and now it's a Warfront for both factions to fight over.
    -Gnomeregan was something that the Gnomes fought to get back, but they only wound up getting a small portion outside of it. Even in BfA, it's still not in Gnomish control (if we're to take the pet battle dungeon as lore). This is opposed to the Darkspear campaign that took place at the same time, which led to the Darkspear reclaiming the Echo Isles almost completely, building a major base there.
    -Half of Silvermoon is still destroyed, the Exodar was at one point stated to be operational (in Velen's short story), yet both are still in a state of limbo in-game. The most we've seen is that the Exodar was still destroyed when Rakeesh attacked it in Legion, and Silvermoon may or may not have a Warfront in the future.
    -Goblins state on the Lost Isles that Kezan is entirely destroyed, yet we see the Venture Company's city, Crapopolis, thriving just fine on Kezan. Bilgewater Port and the Undermine should still be fine as well - though Undermine should be a neutral city, as it is in lore.

Chances are they'll continue to take away cities (in lore, Zidormi always exists in-game), just to make Stormwind and Orgrimmar more and more centralized hubs. Sure, they added Boralus and Zuldazar in BfA, but that was in exchange for Darnassus and Undercity. Stormwind and Orgrimmar continue to be where quest lines lead to, where quests (and expansions) start, and where things like races wind up going in the end (including Pandaren, Goblins, and Allied Races). There's really no need for a bunch of new lower-level cities when most old cities aren't even used much anymore anyway. They'll probably continue to make central hubs for new continents/expansions, perhaps even faction cities like they did in Pandaria and BfA.

I'd sure like it if Gilneas was a major city in-game to see and use, but it's probably not happening. Though, if it did happen I would also hope that Zidormi would show up so some people could walk around the empty city as they do right now (for RP, or just to look around).
    Last edited by Destinas; 2019-04-12 at 08:12 PM.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Forsaken can rebuild on Theramore. Anything to further salt Jaina's wounds.

7+ Year Old Account
    Where's the Silverpine or Gilneas Warfront for that matter then?

New Forsaken Architecture fits much better within Lordaeron than Kalimdor. Darkshore just seem like wasted potential for a Warfront.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

lol, they don't. At all.
    Someone need to go and have a little read on what Blizzard has already said about the Alliance controlling EK and the Horde Kalimdor. There’s bits of the factions left in both continents i.e. Arathi, Darkshore, but nothing substantial on both side - thus Gilneas does indeed belong to the Alliance like Lordaeron now. There’s no Forsaken resistance left in Lordaeron and Gilneas for the Horde to even attempt to take it back from the Alliance now.

Someone need to go and have a little read on what Blizzard has already said about the Alliance controlling EK and the Horde Kalimdor. There’s bits of the factions left in both continents i.e. Arathi, Darkshore, but nothing substantial on both side - thus Gilneas does indeed belong to the Alliance like Lordaeron now.
    post it

jussssst post it

post it

jussssst post it
    Google exists - I’m not here to do your research for you.

Google exists - I’m not here to do your research for you.
    Ah so you claim something happened but don't believe in backing up your claims.
    Classic mmo-champ.

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    As others have said, it seems much more likely to be Worgen/Night Elves' new home. The Underhold is more suited to Forsaken and Sylvanas seems to already be using it.
    Nah... the goblins should go in the Underhold, and the Forsaken should go on top of the Ruins of Theramore (or the Ogres should go there).