Poll: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I feel like they really missed an opportunity with him. If they had killed his character off at the end of the first movie it could have created powerful motivation for Rey to be tempted by the dark side, making her infinitely more interesting. There was a lot of untapped potential in the first movie tbh.
    It'd be nice if he had some kind of thing he was good at. He keeps getting into melee fights, so are we supposed to assume he is good at that? He lost both fights in the first film, and only wins the one in the second film because his enemy is distracted and the movie literally wants her to die. He wasn't supposed to be able to pilot a ship (e. that's why he frees Poe in TFA) yet in the second he's flying whatever he needs to fly.

Really the only thing he is good for is his experience mopping the floors of both Starkiller Base and the Supremacy, and that's just sad.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    In the SW universe, a dark side user can bind their essence to an artifact. They can't become force ghost (as far as we know) so its the next best thing if they don't want 'move on'. I would make sense for him to have bound himself to something that was in the Death Star, if not the Death Star itself.
    I knew those things were up to no good!

Quote Originally Posted by Pooti View Post
    Also note, that Rebels had Palpatine actively searching for access to time-travel-esque dimension. I do not know how they would use that though without it being too nerdy for the non-Star Wars nerd. I think Rey will be a Skywalker, daughter to Luke. His desire to not train her and push her away was in an attempt to break the cycle. I think Leia knows the truth also, which is why she so readily embraced her into the fold and connected with her. I hope this is true, so that it will put an end to any Kylo / Rey love affair!
    Oof. Time travel?

Just... No. Please don't put that shit in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    It'd be nice if he had some kind of thing he was good at. He keeps getting into melee fights, so are we supposed to assume he is good at that? He lost both fights in the first film, and only wins the one in the second film because his enemy is distracted and the movie literally wants her to die. He wasn't supposed to be able to pilot a ship (e. that's why he frees Poe in TFA) yet in the second he's flying whatever he needs to fly.

Really the only thing he is good for is his experience mopping the floors of both Starkiller Base and the Supremacy, and that's just sad.
    I think you've hit on what will happen in Episode IX! Finn, with his superior knowledge and technique at mopping floors will mentor the slave kid at the end of Episode VIII, rising to become the best Force-using janitor in the galaxy. If you pay attention to the end of TLJ, you'll not only recognize his ability to use the Force to some degree, but also how inept he is as proper sweeping techniques, which will drive him to seek Finn as his mentor. Alright, I'm being insanely facetious, but that would give him something to do other than being the token prominent black character in the narrative... especially since Lando is coming back, Finn may be out of the job!
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    Rise of Skywalker huh. So they will do a ham fisted resurrection to get Luke back and fix their mistakes from 8.

Im so done with Disney and SW.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Rise of Skywalker huh. So they will do a ham fisted resurrection to get Luke back and fix their mistakes from 8.

Im so done with Disney and SW.
    or they will make kylo ren a 'good guy' despite that he murdered han solo...

..so lame, i'll torrent the movie just to get to complain how shit it will be

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    This was one of my main criticisms with the new trilogy (I have many). Seriously who the fuck are the first order? What do they want? Who is Snoke, why does he lead them? Where did they come from? How did Kylo meet Snoke? When did Snoke recruit him? Why does Kylo follow Snoke? How/why did nobody between film 6 and 7 do anything about them? How did they gain so much military power?

I just had no idea from the jump to 6 to 7 what happened and why. It was like going from Episode 6 to 8. As for episode 8 itself kill it with fire.
    Palpatine established the First Order when he died. Being a Sith, he believed that only the strong should survive, so if the Empire fell then it deserved to be wiped out. He had only the most die hard Imperials cull, 'undesirables'. This culminated with the fanatics luring the Imperials into a trap at Jakku. They purposely amassed the remaining remaining Imperial forces there to be wiped out. Meanwhile they jumped to outskirts of the galaxy to establish the First Order. A group of only the most devoted Imperials cleansed of having to pretend to be a legit government thats heavy handed for the greater good of the galaxy.

Since the Empire is directly modeled after the Nazis it would be like SS purposely throwing Germany in front of the Allies so that they could go off hide someone to build a new army.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    Personally, I was wondering if he tied his essence to the throne.
    It's very likely. His throne came from the Jedi Temple and the Throne itself was called the Seat of Prophesy, which told the Prophesy of the Chosen One and the Son of Suns

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post

Don't forget the billions of people he murdered when he destroyed the New Republic's capital system.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Don't forget the billions of people he murdered when he destroyed the New Republic's capital system.
    But those guys were a bunch of liberals, so that don't count

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Of course, it's would be silly to point out that ''Rise'' is a thematic word that goes well alongside, say ''Return'' or ''Revenge''...isn'it ?
    I don't know. It sounds like something a fan would come up with. Revenge of the Sith and Return of the Jedi sounded like stronger title names to me.

But that's just my tastes. Anyone is free to agree or disagree with me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lucasfilm's Kathleen Kennedy on Planning "Next 10 Years" of Star Wars Films
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...walker-1201761

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    I'm afraid to click that link, the dark side of the force is strong with it, it could corrupt our noble souls with its evil

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post

Eh his last name is Solo though so it would be a stretch for him to be the mentioned Skywalker.

We could also be getting the Clone arc from the EU with Palpatine being a clone and having a clone of Luke or Anakin.

Still gonna pass though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    I read it and they´re still planning with Rian Johnson...

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post

Yeah, he's honestly just pointless, and every scene he's in feels pointless as a result. If they were trying to make him the "everyguy" with heart they needed to give him some heart, which it seems like they maybe tried to do? But if so they failed horribly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    If I had to play Kylos defense lawyer, if Vader was redeemed then Kylo is easy.

Vader had a hand in the Jedi Council being murdered.
    He personally killed the Jedi younglings
    He basically killed Padme and then tried to kill Obi, later would kill him.
    He acted as the independent Inquisition of the Empire, killing all who crossed him or worked against the Empire.

'
    Kylo murdered Han but Starkiller Base was Snoke's call.
    Kylo mostly only killed members of the Resistance, mutual combatants.
    He couldn't fire the shot that wiped out the leader of the Resistance.
    Like Vader, he killed the leader of the oppressive regime threatening the galaxy.
    He didn't actually kill Luke.

I hate the idea of a redeemed Kylo that walks away but it is not totally implausible.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account

I CLAPPED WHEN I HEARD PALPATINE!!

That's right Jay. I heard a voice in the trailer and I immediately want to go see this movie now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    I read it and they´re still planning with Rian Johnson...
    Dark Side always fucking things up...

I'm getting a bad feeling it's going to end up with force ghost Luke battling a force ghost Palpatine. It's jumped the shark enough already.

Also, I know it's hard but you all really should just give up speculating, theorising or talking continuity at this point. It obviously means jack shit to the writers. It they want sith to be force ghosts they'll be force ghosts. Maybe they'll have neverbefore mentioned jedi time travel powers.

It's become abundantly clear that Disney is just treating these like a game of consequences/madlibs with no overarching plan for anything. All the "mysteries" are just things they couldn't be bothered to think of explanations for.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!