Poll: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    I CLAPPED WHEN I HEARD PALPATINE!!

I mean with some comic's palpatine had clones of him self or he could of used the dark side abilty to transfer his essence to Kylo Ren

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    I still have a feeling that Rey will be revealed as Luke's Daughter. Luke would have faked her death and hid her away soon after he felt the darkside's influence on his Nephew.

Hence the familial affection that Aunt Leia shows towards her Niece in the first two movies of this trilogy. Han also seems to acknowledge her as family in TFA.
    this is star wars tradition and in episode 10 rey will hide her son from another skywalker turned to darkside

hmf...if I see it, I'll do as I'm doing with Marvel shit...wait a month after release and take in a matinee.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Lucas planned 9 movies. He didn't know he'd be able to make more than one. There's a reason Star Wars is called Episode 4.
    This is absolutely incorrect. He had no plans for multiple movies. He started it as "Episode 4" because he was trying to give the feel of the old serials as if the story had already been in process. He said this in an interview back in the 80s.

10+ Year Old Account
    that Palpatine laugh at the end gives me some hope
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Meh, For me Star wars was 6 movies.

Anakin Skywalker was Star wars, the rise and fall. Everything was about him.

There is a reason why the short scenes with Darth Vader in rogue one was the most favorite ones for the fans.

But yeah, just continue with the milking.

Ill go see it I have loved every Star Wars ever mad at least around the time it was made, I love the Prequels, I used to really like the original 4-6 movies, but just cannot stand to watch them now. I have liked the last 2 movies and thought they were good. I loved Rogue One it was a good all around film, and I even enjoyed Solo and thought it was great. I really enjoyed the Clone Wars series, I want to find Rebels somewhere that I can stream it.

I liked the trailer.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Called Rise of Skywalker they better throw in Vader or Luke or something and hopefully not tie Mary Rey sue as a skywalker. Having Ian Mcdiarmid at the star wars celebration and his voice in the trailer was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Called Rise of Skywalker they better throw in Vader or Luke or something and hopefully not tie Mary Rey sue as a skywalker. Having Ian Mcdiarmid at the star wars celebration and his voice in the trailer was nice.
    Rey is no more of a Mary Sue than Luke was.
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Because Luke is the only Skywalker?
    All the Skywalkers are dead. Ben is a Solo so it would be odd to refer to him as a Skywalker.

Rey is not a Skywalker as we learned in Episode 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    All the Skywalkers are dead. Ben is a Solo so it would be odd to refer to him as a Skywalker.

Rey is not a Skywalker as we learned in Episode 8.
    We didn't "learn" that. Kylo was taunting her.

Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    Luke after being trained by Yoda was unable to lift the X-wing and was practicing with rocks. Rey withou any training she was able to lift big rocks like a Master Jedi, so yes, Rey is a Mary Sue and a big one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly.. I feel like the term “Mary Sue” is thrown around WAY too much recently... Rey is shown to have more than one flaw, and many people are shown to be better than her any various things... she’s no more a Mary Sue than any major franchise lead is.

As for the trailer:

Hype, when she jumps over the tie fighter.

HYPE when we see Lando.

Emotional when we see Leia.

FREAKING THE FUCK OUT AT THAT LAUGH.

Died when the title was revealed.

Still sticking to my original theory. Rey and Kylo will Strike some kind of deal, and end up forming a middle ground “Grey” Jedi order, that will teach a more balanced path, that included both Jedi and Sith teachings.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekyler View Post
    Luke after being trained by Yoda was unable to lift the X-wing and was practicing with rocks. Rey withou any training she was able to lift big rocks like a Master Jedi, so yes, Rey is a Mary Sue and a big one.
    Luke was with Yoda for only 6 months. Rey has been training for an extended period of time as stated by JJ and the actors, as ep9 happens after a bit of time since TLJ.

Comparing Luke to being a mary sue like Rey? WHAT? There was build up for Luke and he struggled to go against Vader and eventually came back and beat him.There is deleted footage of Luke training with Yoda in Dagobah. Rey gets a lightsaber and can go against Kylo like nothing. Comparing Luke being a Mary Sue to Rey is just stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    We didn't "learn" that. Kylo was taunting her.
    Are you saying Leia isn't a Skywalker because her last name is Organa?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Luke was with Yoda for only 6 months. Rey has been training for an extended period of time as stated by JJ and the actors, as ep9 happens after a bit of time since TLJ.
    No one is factoring the events of episode 9, a film that no one has seen, into whether or not Rey is a Mary Sue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bullshit. Luke had some training he had already been flying for years before he was already skilled enough to hit a wamp rats from his t16.

Also Ben helped Luke destroy the Death Star.

In Empire Luke was shot down during the battle on Hoth and failed several times in his Jedi training. In the end he was soundly defeated by Vader.

Hes not a Mary Sue in any stretch. Rey on the other hand never had any kind of flight lessons or experence with a blaster or Lightsaber yet she has no problem flying the Falcon and defeating a trained Sith.