View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Here is a cool idea. Make a United States of Europe. Brussels can be your DC and you can form an army so the real United States doesn’t have to keep thousands of troops and spend billions of dollars defending you.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Only the Lib Dems definitively stand for remain
    the Greens/Change UK/SNP don't stand for remain?

majority of Labour MEPs and some Conservative MEPs don't stand for remain?

You are beginning to sound a little bit demented now, I hope you are not going to go off on one and start ranting like Slanty boy does. Everyone appears to be looking at the Brexit vote, flip it and look at remain. Who out of the parties will remainers vote for? Only the Lib Dems definitively stand for remain and less than 1 in 10 will vote for them. If to remain in the EU was such a popular idea, you would think the Lib Dems would be flying up the table. It's not though is it? Almost no one wants to stay in the EU. At what point are you going to accept you've lost and in the minority?

Instead, if UKIP and the Brexit party were to combine they would top that table. And the Brexit party haven't even been formed for more than a few hours.

Got to love and accept democracy in action.
    You are getting pretty much the same proportion of the vote as you did in 2014. Except this time it's split. Which means under this form of PR your Brexit outlier nutjobs will probably end up with fewer seats than they got in 2014. The EU coped with them being stupid and bad at their job for the last 5 years. No reason to suppose that given 5 years of practice they can't do a better job of stopping them eating crayons for the next 5.

Feel free to keep rubbing yourself up against Brexit, but at some point you are going to have to realise that what you're experiencing is necrophilia.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    Biggest difference from the 2014 election is that the idiot/racist vote is split between two parties, instead of consolidated under one choice = both parties will end up with less seats overall vs what they would have if combined.
    Yep, sure - so it's the D'Hondt method isn't it? So, if that poll of the popular vote is accurate does anyone know what the allocation of seats would be?

Answering this myself:

So…

UKIP / Brexit Party would actually end up with less seats (21) than UKIP won in 2014 (24)?

Is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    So…

UKIP / Brexit Party would actually end up with less seats (21) than UKIP won in 2014 (24)?

Is that right?
    That looks about right to me. I'm expecting dribbles to come back any second and explain how that's a democratic mandate for them to remove the third finger of every fifteenth person, and that Brussels will be under control of Basil Brush within the week as a result.

I've just made that up, of course. But it makes about as much sense as anything else he's been spouting for the past week. I honestly think he's fallen into despair at the failure of Brexit and he's trying to cover it up with manic optimism.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Hmmms

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/s...85961999732738

But, ofc, I didn't take into account regions.

Not sure now...

Or

https://twitter.com/Ricky_Slade/stat...03916724912128

Not straightforward.

Quote Originally Posted by Vatrilian View Post
    Here is a cool idea. Make a United States of Europe. Brussels can be your DC and you can form an army so the real United States doesn’t have to keep thousands of troops and spend billions of dollars defending you.
    IMO, Luxembourg would be a perfect capital. And once we plop the buildings on it, it'll be filled to the brim, too... tiny ass country that it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, for the clowns that still don't get it... here's a picture, so they don't have to read so many words that would hurt their tiny brains...

Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by flathwathar View Post
    You do come across as rather a nasty and simple-minded troll.
    Presumably you will also be writing to the economist to complain about their nasty cartoon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    IMO, Luxembourg would be a perfect capital. And once we plop the buildings on it, it'll be filled to the brim, too... tiny ass country that it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, for the clowns that still don't get it... here's a picture, so they don't have to read so many words that would hurt their tiny brains...
    And the scary thought is that the EU probably will be 'nice'...unless the UK royally screws up.

Quote Originally Posted by flathwathar View Post
    You do come across as rather a nasty and simple-minded troll.
    Takes one to catch one, I presume...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Takes one to catch one, I presume...
    Flatwhathar comes across me as a dribbles burner account.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Flatwhathar comes across me as a dribbles burner account.
    I'm almost certain these burners that get banned, come back, scream they voted remain, then attack every remain argument no matter how rational as "Reason why leavers voted brexit." and denying evidence of everything shown at them is Dribbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I'm almost certain these burners that get banned, come back, scream they voted remain, then attack every remain argument no matter how rational as "Reason why leavers voted brexit." and denying evidence of everything shown at them is Dribbles.
    Won't stop me from hitting him with things like this:

https://news.sky.com/story/british-s...reeze-11692336

The UK's second-biggest steel producer is seeking an urgent £100m‎ government loan after Theresa May's failure to pass a Brexit deal left it frozen out of an EU-wide carbon trading scheme.

[...]

The freezing out of British companies from this year's EU ETS allocation covers more than £2bn of emissions allowances, equating to 100m tonnes of carbon credits - with British Steel accounting for roughly 5% of the total.‎
    Those are the realities of his actions. Fuck his unicorns.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47924023

Basically to remain electable in the local and EU elections (If UK takes part) Labour needs to push for people's vote. (Watch Corbyn try to say he wants it but backs away because he won't get his brexit through and use it to oust May.)

Won't stop me from hitting him with things like this:

https://news.sky.com/story/british-s...reeze-11692336

Those are the realities of his actions. Fuck his unicorns.
    North Lincolnshire voted 66.3% leave, in case anybody was wondering.

Kallisto wrote
    I voted for Remain you fucking idiot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post

Basically to remain electable in the local and EU elections (If UK takes part) Labour needs to push for people's vote. (Watch Corbyn try to say he wants it but backs away because he won't get his brexit through and use it to oust May.)

But Labour are going to get wiped out by Change UK! Surely the masses will vote for Chukka Ummuna and his merry band of twats kicked out of their own parties for being useless! Kallisto has decreed it! After all, if only Tony Blair's rotting corpse were resurrected Labour would march to landslide victory!

Oh wait, no they are on 4% of the vote, behind the Greens, and somehow 2% behind the SNP even though no one votes for them outside Scotland....

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Hmmms

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/s...85961999732738

But, ofc, I didn't take into account regions.

Not sure now...

Or

https://twitter.com/Ricky_Slade/stat...03916724912128

Not straightforward.
    Whatever it is, you guys need to get your shit together and decide on something. Macron was the vocal one this time around and was happy to be the black sheep, but I don't think he'll be alone next time. A new parliament will not change the EU's position much but by the next deadline, I'm not sure everybody will share Tusk and Merkel's view that a long extension will bring a change of view in the UK ...
    Last edited by Demolitia; 2019-04-14 at 07:16 PM.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    nothing will move until after easter recess IMHO.

Todays latest Yougov EU parliament voting intention polling

Lab - 24%
    Con - 16%
    Brexit Party- 15%
    UKIP - 14%
    Lib Dem - 8%
    Green - 8%
    Change UK - 7%
    SNP/Plaid - 6%
    Other - 1%

So in favour of Brexit 69%
    and in favour of Remain 31%

https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/1116981750083801088

It's looking like a landslide for brexit eurochums. For me choices, choices. Farages guy or Sargon of Akkad MEP for the funsies.

Hmmmm help me out here guys, it's a tricky one.

(and please don't try and tell me lies that the great leader of the Labour party has finally seen the light and that him and they are for remain.)
    Are you against democracy? Why don't you want people to be represented?

Got to love and accept democracy in action.
    Uninformed and misinformed democracy is still democracy, correct.