Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I prefer Wrath where I had over 50 keybinds personally
    did you keybind heroic strike like twelve times?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I’m enjoying Ret Paladin, Havoc Demon Hunter and Fury Warrior. So my three ‘main’ classes are fine design wise. All I care about is the content.
    2/3 are so brain dead that you can use that birdy thing Homer Simpson was using to tap on keyboard.

I would not really call it "class design", retri is ok

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    2/3 are so brain dead that you can use that birdy thing Homer Simpson was using to tap on keyboard.

I would not really call it "class design", retri is ok
    I play every class. I’ve yet to come across one that had no enjoyable specs.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    It doesn't matter how many mechagnomes or naga they throw at us, how many dungeons or zones or raids or features they throw at us, all of it is completely pointless if our characters are not fun to play. Not a single word today about class changes planned for 8.2.

If we have a look at the content patches of past expansions like MoP, they offered less raw patch content than the 8.2 patch but the content was enjoyable to repeat because the classes that we were doing the content with were fun and the content itself was fun. Slapping on a few essences and punch cards isn't going to get anywhere near repairing the foundations of these classes. As a result, I anticipate that 8.2 will be another unsuccessful patch. Blizzard has once again focused its resources in all the wrong areas.

I can only hope that Blizzard learns a valuable lesson from how unsuccessful 8.2 will be and really focuses on class design moving forward in 9.0. They need to go back to basics, strip away the Heart of Azeroth, the Azerite traits, the punch cards and all the other gimmicks and get the foundations right. That is the only way that they will win players over at this point.
    Also, they removed alot of abilities, so that they can add more next expension. +We get a new ability in 8.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I play every class. I’ve yet to come across one that had no enjoyable specs.
    All 3 specs he mentioned are among the most 'fun' for me to play as well. Class design is more in depth than just giving the player 100 abilities and calling it a day.

Lets be real WoW has never been HARD to play from a class design POV...
    Enjoyable =\= Good Class Design

Even BM is enjoyable but compared to MoP BM is shitty.
    Back in MoP you had : Better Talents / Better Baseline Spell {Kill Shot, AoTH, FF, Arcane+Cobra Weaving}

But Difficulty has nothing to do with Class Design, Class Design is about giving a proper toolkit according to let's use the word "class fantasy" even if it isn't really that.
    Last edited by Daikoku; 2019-04-14 at 11:20 AM.

I am not quite sure how Nazjatar and Mechagon equates to class design but okay.

I guess if you absolutely fucking hate every single class then yeah its probably not doing anything to you but claiming that the content is pointless because you don't like the class design, is frankly asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post

I guess if you absolutely fucking hate every single class then yeah its probably not doing anything to you but claiming that the content is pointless because you don't like the class design, is frankly asinine.
    If you're stupid enough to don't see how intrinsically everything is tied, you prolly should refrain yourself to post.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    It doesn't matter how many mechagnomes or naga they throw at us, how many dungeons or zones or raids or features they throw at us, all of it is completely pointless if our characters are not fun to play. Not a single word today about class changes planned for 8.2.

If we have a look at the content patches of past expansions like MoP, they offered less raw patch content than the 8.2 patch but the content was enjoyable to repeat because the classes that we were doing the content with were fun and the content itself was fun. Slapping on a few essences and punch cards isn't going to get anywhere near repairing the foundations of these classes. As a result, I anticipate that 8.2 will be another unsuccessful patch. Blizzard has once again focused its resources in all the wrong areas.

I can only hope that Blizzard learns a valuable lesson from how unsuccessful 8.2 will be and really focuses on class design moving forward in 9.0. They need to go back to basics, strip away the Heart of Azeroth, the Azerite traits, the punch cards and all the other gimmicks and get the foundations right. That is the only way that they will win players over at this point.
    You’re giving the Dead Sea a run for its money with the amount of salt you got going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by BFA-suxx View Post
    If you're stupid enough to don't see how intrinsically everything is tied, you prolly should refrain yourself to post.
    I am not. But claiming that new content is pointless because classes are bad is still fucking moronic.

and what the hell kind of backwards logic is that when talking about a video game. Fun should be the most forefront goal in regards to class design (balance being a close 2nd).
    Is with this mentality that we have the current WoW and people asked Blizzard for Classic, or they play on other private servers or not even play.

The fact that you enjoy it doesn't mean that is good, I mean you could enjoy eating your own shit BUT STILL it wouldn't be OK.

Maybe it is for you

but for people who like to use more than 2 braincells using their rotation, its not. like u dont need to be good at this game anymore to perform well u just need a high ilvl which will do the job for u. back in the day a worse geared player could outperform someone better geared which is near impossible now

Quote Originally Posted by legendaryusername View Post
    Maybe it is for you

but for people who like to use more than 2 braincells using their rotation, its not. like u dont need to be good at this game anymore to perform well u just need a high ilvl which will do the job for u. back in the day a worse geared player could outperform someone better geared which is near impossible now
    Well I guess that excludes you and your single braincell. It is asinine to equate the relevance of new content to whether class design is good, they have to release new content regardless of the state that the classes are in otherwise people will be bored because of the lack of new content and then it won't fucking matter that the classes are good.

Well I guess that excludes you and your single braincell. It is asinine to equate the relevance of new content to whether class design is good, they have to release new content regardless of the state that the classes are in otherwise people will be bored because of the lack of new content and then it won't fucking matter that the classes are good.
    So again we're are involved into 1 week content hype (because it's all new and shiny, woaw) and then this game will be sinking in the boredom well the devs dug.
    How to kill a game in 2 lessons.

Your logic here is baffling at best. Nobody likes class design cuz most say they are bland and boring (aka not fun) so do tell how my mentality causes us to get bfa lmao. If anything my mentally would have prevented the bfa class design. And while I said I enjoyed three specs I find may of the others to be boring and the same in likeliness.

Classic has fk all to do with this since class design back then is literally spamming one or two button the entire raid lol, yes THERES some amazing class design right?

Out of curiosity if fun isn't the go for class design in your opinion, what is? What measurement determines 'good' class design to you?
    You still compare Class Design to Spamming Button.

It is impossible to explain something if you have this lacks

easy now keyboard warrior

i never stated they dont have to release new content regardless of the current state of class design did i? i just said my opinion on how bad class design is atm

if they went back to WOTLK class design then the complaints would be a lot lower, but that's when Ion started playing wow and he backstabbed his way to the top to take over and crash and burn this game because he's a spineless puppet
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

Quote Originally Posted by legendaryusername View Post
    easy now keyboard warrior

i never stated they dont have to release new content regardless of the current state of class design did i? i just said my opinion on how bad class design is atm
    I did jump the gun and should have refrained from insulting you ( weak as my insult might have been ), my point is that calling the 8.2 content pointless because the class design is bad is stupid. Claiming that the content serves no purpose ( You haven't but the OP have by calling it pointless ) is asinine because the game need a steady stream of content in order to keep people interested, even if it had the most amazing class design of any expansion, it'd still need content to keep people from being bored of grinding the same content over and over.

What are you even talking about? Are you going to answer my question or continue to dodge it? How do you quantify good class design if fun nor balance are your criteria?

If I'm honest you just sound like some armchair game dev without an actual clue, but I'm hoping you can prove me wrong.
    I will try but since you have some lacks it will be probably hard to understand.

Class Design have to be or STRICT or LOOSE class design, for example a STRICT class design is like HS where Rogue Class have Sap or Backstab that are unique to rogue only, you dont see a Priest with Sap nor a Warrior with Backstab . Or D3 where Monk or Mage have unique abilities.

LOOSE instead is more like games like Desktop Dungeon where classes do the same core thing but have little advantage making them better or worse dealing to something.

Good Design is one or the other without mixing them too much otherwise you will have ALL CLASSES CAPABLE TO DO THE SAME THINGS, {burst on demand, aoe, cleave, st, cc, immunity on demand, self heal} BUT due to poor balance SOME CLASSES WILL BE BETTER OVERALL

And MDI is the proof.

Back in TBC not every classes could do the same things, others were better at doing something than other but worse on another, now there is no longer this difference.

Also from Vanilla to TBC we see how they shifted from the HYBRID UTILITY Spec like Spriest, Elemental, Enah, Boomkin that were subpar in DPS but BRINGED utility to a more HYBRYD DPS/TANK spec.
    Infact Retribution in Vanilla was dogshit for PVE BUT in TBC was pretty nice to have a paladin for the 4% crit debuff or the improved bleessing, that was a well done Class Design {TBC}
    Last edited by Daikoku; 2019-04-14 at 12:41 PM.

I recently went through the vanilla classes and their hideously outdated/archaic mechanics and approach to gameplay.

I would prefer something like MOP or even Cata class design over the Vanilla class design - but BFA is miles BEHIND Vanilla class design.

Blizz has really f*cked up and butchered the design and gameplay of classes in BFA.

WoD classes began the descent into over-pruning, Legion continued it (but felt less bad because of artifact mechanics) and then BFA just castrated it all by making classes barely 2/5ths of what they were in MOP.

Classes have gotten way to simplistic and require such a minimal play style then previous years. This was the main reason I stopped doing PVE as more then half your utility was removed and only available for PVP.

Personally, I think Blizzard needs to revisit the talent trees like in Classic and provide the classes with multiple routes on where to take their characters.

Retail wow has gotten to be to simplistic for me. I've officially unsubbed and am waiting for classic.