Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    EA will find a way to do something scummy or fuck the game up. No way they won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Well then thats an insta buy from me I own all of each Uncharted and Batman games and I thoroughly enjoyed playing them, Now I'm definitely looking forward to this.
    idk, i just can't stand it feeling so scripted.

a jedi should be cutting people down in one shot with the lightsaber. like i said, against another force user, ok maybe it'd work well. but not against troopers.

Can't find any good info on gameplay, which you know is the most important thing. I do like third person adventure games with puzzle solving though so this is actually first time I am interested in a star wars game.

Definitely gonna try before I buy though, since you know...EA.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-04-14 at 09:30 AM.

I get that but being able to kill virtually everything in 1 hit would diminish any challenge the game could handle and thats not fun tbh.
    i don't think you've ever played the old jedi knight games.

it's fun cutting through the fodder, and when you get to someone with a lightsaber, you're on edge because you know that you could die just as easily as that fodder if you're not at the top of your game.

Nope couldnt get on with them due to motion sickness plus when watching videos it looks awful just randomly swinging the light stick around while losing chunks of health.... fun.
    the combat itself isn't that great.

i'd like to see a system that is realistic, but more free than cinematic combat. no just wildly swinging(unless you want to), but not locked in fighting one guy at a time. and the lightsaber being a one shot is a must, unless you hit the arm or leg of course.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    idk, i just can't stand it feeling so scripted.

a jedi should be cutting people down in one shot with the lightsaber. like i said, against another force user, ok maybe it'd work well. but not against troopers.
    I'm pretty sure you won't even have lightsaber for a big part of the game based on trailer.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

As far as I'm concerned realism doesnt have a place in a fantasy universe and especially games leave realism where it belongs.
    a touch of realism makes fantasy much better. especially games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    I'm pretty sure you won't even have lightsaber for a big part of the game based on trailer.
    probably why it's just going to be uncharted in star wars.

Already pre ordered, can't wait for the game don't care if EA is the publisher the games made by Respawn.
    Why would you Preorder without seeing some sort of gameplay when the game is coming out in 7 months?

I'll be keeping an eye on this I could do with a decent single player star wars game.
    EA does not release decent games. Control hype until reviews are out. Do not let yourself get excited. Assume EA will find a way to break it. If they don't, it'll be a pleasant surprise, but they've had the license for 6 years and have released Battlefront which was incomplete, and Battlefront 2 which was so fundamentally broken that it triggered government investigations into predatory business practices. That is all they've done with the license. In 6 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Confirmed? If so, sign me up. (Havent watched the video yet)
    Sadly nothing is confirmed. But it was mentioned in the initial video that they really loved the flow of combat in Sekiro and wanted to get close to that. Good enough place to start, IMO!

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I gotta say, I didn't know how much I wanted a Sekiro/Dark Souls esque game...
    Indeed. My one complain about some of the otherwise amazing Star Wars games we’ve had before is that the combat felt slow, and didn’t really give me that lightsaber FEEL. A game where sabers can actually kill/seriously damage in a single Strike sounds excellent.

Frustrating and cruel as hell... but excellent XD.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Bro they already pre-ordered. You aren't going to save this one from being a stupid consumer. They are going to buy whatever EA shits out and then beg for more shit.
    Then I'll consider it a post for the benefit of anyone who's on the fence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    This ^

Seen to many games go by where big promises were made and never lived up to, plus I have little faith in EA.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Have fun continuing to buy one every few months when the game didnt need it because the community wanted it
    You buy it with in game currency, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I would too, but now you cant really call it free anymore
    Yes you can...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    https://www.polygon.com/2019/4/12/18...patch-fortnite

Also the game went from beating fortnite on twitch to hovering around PUBG numbers on good days. It's dying a fast, and mostly painless death. Most people will forget it even existed since it's time in the lime light was so short.

- - - Updated - - -

Except the battle pass wasn't.

Now it is and the game can't even manage to get WoW, Rocket League or Hearthstone numbers let alone beating Fortnite like it was originally doing.

But sure lets pretend we live in a world with unicorns and fairies and this is just a coincidence... lol.
    I get it, you hate Apex, but did you even read your source?

While all of these issues sound dire for Apex Legends, the truth is that it’s actually pretty normal. These are the growing pains that you didn’t hear about for Fortnite and PUBG because they didn’t get millions of players in their first two months. For those games, the developers found what worked over time and helped to make them the best they could be through consistent improvement. Given enough time, perhaps Respawn will be able to do the same with Apex Legends. Battle royale fans will be watching them every step of the way.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Fortnite has more viewers because it's a better product, and has a better target audience.

I also don't give a shit about fortnite but lets be real. It's not because Epic is paying streamers, sometimes they do most of the time they don't. Most of the streamers see their viewer numbers are higher with fortnite and that is why they returned to it- in other words smart business decision on their part.

Apex was thrown out there with a big amount of money using content creators to hype it up and it bombed after that dried up plain and simple. You can't buy popularity, it needs to come organically for the most part. Apex is the video game equivalent of a one hit wonder. Fortnite had a slower more organic rise to the top and that's why it's still there and why Apex will be forgotten come 2020.
    *Fortnite gobbling intensifies*

How much are they paying you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Oh cool, new single player Star Wars RPG.

Oh, ... no character customization. Stuck with white, male human protagonist.

Boring.

Pass.

(Could at least have made him Zabrak or Mirialan or other near human.)
    The game is automatically boring because you can't change gender and skin color????

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Sadly nothing is confirmed. But it was mentioned in the initial video that they really loved the flow of combat in Sekiro and wanted to get close to that. Good enough place to start, IMO!

Indeed. My one complain about some of the otherwise amazing Star Wars games we’ve had before is that the combat felt slow, and didn’t really give me that lightsaber FEEL. A game where sabers can actually kill/seriously damage in a single Strike sounds excellent.

Frustrating and cruel as hell... but excellent XD.
    Did you like the Force Unleashed?

It is EA game. Don't believe shit before at least 6 months after launch.

So if I understand correctly...there is no gameplay information available? And to be released within 8 months?
    Bit of a red flag tbh... almost like they are banking on story and the franchise instead of it being a game

Will they pull a Call of Duty and release it as a full price game without micro transactions and then add multiple ingame pay options?

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    So if I understand correctly...there is no gameplay information available? And to be released within 8 months?
    Bit of a red flag tbh... almost like they are banking on story and the franchise instead of it being a game
    Likely just waiting until E3 to reveal everything.

No point in doing it right now.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Likely just waiting until E3 to reveal everything.

No point in doing it right now.
    Too close to planned release, which is the red flag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Did you like the Force Unleashed?
    I thought it was a step in the right direction, and the combat was a LOT of fun. If they can get that kind of versatility, but make the pure Melee side a bit more involved, they could be onto a winner.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Too close to planned release, which is the red flag.
    Not really, many games have done the same thing.

Feel how you feel but I don't really see it as a red flag. Nothing wrong with wanting to play your cards close to your chest. I honestly don't expect the game to fuck up cause if it does Disney will pull the rights from them.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD