10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Well he certainly gets injured enough to replace Gronk, but his stone hands won't be much use.
    He's certainly betting on himself. Playing TE for league minimum.. jeeze. That's not a safe position. Sounds like desperation or over confidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voxnor View Post
    He's certainly betting on himself. Playing TE for league minimum.. jeeze. That's not a safe position. Sounds like desperation or over confidence.
    Its what he's worth.
    /s

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    So we did. Did not realize we had one. With the relationship between the AAF and the NFL and the fact they are both professional football leagues drawing from the same exact player pool, it makes far more sense to combine the 2 into 1 general thread. Judging by the activity in the original thread and the activity about the AAF in this one a stand alone thread would not have really been viable anyway.

We'll stick with this combined thread.
    How'd that work out for ya?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    How likely is a lockout in 2021?

Will a lockout do any serious damage to the NFL? I'm sure people thought the MLB would be popular forever until the 1994 strike.
    I'd say highly likely. Rookie deals are fine, Franchise tags are terrible. Players gonna want health insurance after the NFL. Though the NFL might be in a position to really bend over to the NFLPA due to the XFL if the XFL does things right. Might be more interesting than 2011 which almost went to training camp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    How likely is a lockout in 2021?

Will a lockout do any serious damage to the NFL? I'm sure people thought the MLB would be popular forever until the 1994 strike.
    Things were very testy between the league and the NFLPA for a while, but they have apparently improved over the last season or so. They've announced regular talks, and there seems willingness to work on a deal.

That said, NFLPA has been warning players to prepare for a lockout, and as other have alluded to, the last time it almost came to that the League took advantage in a big way, with the rookie contracts and the lower sharing %.

For what it's worth, I hope the league shortens the rookie contracts, cause I read a good article on Over the Cap where they put forth how they felt it would make veterans more competitive and get young players their worth sooner. I also wish they'd do away with the franchise tag, but I suspect the league will never agree to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Anyway. So the Pats Gronk replacement is.... Austin Sefarian-Jenkins. Seems about right. I think everyone joked about this when the Buccs cut him a few years back.
    Yeah no. ASJ is not Gronk's replacement. There's a very good chance he won't even make it out of camp. The Patriots had interest in him when he was drafted and have shown interest before, but at the pay he's getting, and the lack of production he's shown everywhere he;s been, it's highly unlikely that he'll be counted upon to replace what Gronk did for the team.

Depending on who the Patriots draft, it's likely that they will replace Gronk with several players. Some players will get more seam routes run, some players will be asked to block, but unless the Patriots trade up for TJ Hockenson or trade for a capable tight end from another team, there's just not really anyone who can do all the things Gronk did (and let alone at the level he did it at).

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Things were very testy between the league and the NFLPA for a while, but they have apparently improved over the last season or so. They've announced regular talks, and there seems willingness to work on a deal.

That said, NFLPA has been warning players to prepare for a lockout, and as other have alluded to, the last time it almost came to that the League took advantage in a big way, with the rookie contracts and the lower sharing %.

For what it's worth, I hope the league shortens the rookie contracts, cause I read a good article on Over the Cap where they put forth how they felt it would make veterans more competitive and get young players their worth sooner. I also wish they'd do away with the franchise tag, but I suspect the league will never agree to that.
    Far as stuff they could actually get done, because like you say removing the Franchise Tag isn't happening and we all know the League isn't going to budge on Goodell's suspension powers, the most likely thing is still probably agreeing to shorten the preseason to 2 or 3 games. Most of the young coaches now aren't even playing their starters until the final game at this point, and I'm sure the league wouldn't mind less injury risk (even though let's be real shortening the preseason just moves the injury risk into the regular season). Changes to the wage scale that would actually benefit young players I still have my doubts happen, because getting young players paid faster just means less money in the market for veterans. I think on that end they probably just undo the restrictions on sharing percentages. And then we watch NFL contracts finally balloon like the NBA and MLB contracts have.

Yeah no. ASJ is not Gronk's replacement. There's a very good chance he won't even make it out of camp. The Patriots had interest in him when he was drafted and have shown interest before, but at the pay he's getting, and the lack of production he's shown everywhere he;s been, it's highly unlikely that he'll be counted upon to replace what Gronk did for the team.

Depending on who the Patriots draft, it's likely that they will replace Gronk with several players. Some players will get more seam routes run, some players will be asked to block, but unless the Patriots trade up for TJ Hockenson or trade for a capable tight end from another team, there's just not really anyone who can do all the things Gronk did (and let alone at the level he did it at).
    I wasn't actually going to quote this because honestly not even I think the Pats can revive ASJ, though we've memed enough times about it. I just wanna say if the Pats are interested in Hockenson they're going to need to swing a blockbuster into the top 10. Nobody has him falling past the Packers at 12, and a lot of recent mocks (the same ones I complain like to give the Packers a backup lineman at 12) have him going in the 6-8 range now.

Though hey, Jimmy Graham may be on the market after the draft.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Fournette arrested for not paying a traffic ticket.

How hard is it to pay your fines, you millionaire dumbasses?

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Fournette arrested for not paying a traffic ticket.

How hard is it to pay your fines, you millionaire dumbasses?
    People see what their friends do and then they begin to think it is normal behavior. It tells me he hangs around people that don't pay traffic tickets. He thinks its normal.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

If Hockensen is there at 9 and the Bills don't take him, I might literally run through a wall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    If Hockensen is there at 9 and the Bills don't take him, I might literally run through a wall.
    So its gotten bad enough to move from smashing tables to smashing walls.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    So its gotten bad enough to move from smashing tables to smashing walls.
    It's only folding tables, not actual wooden tables, so I assume Escha's gonna run through drywall, not actual brick wall too.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, honestly? I prefer if the Patriots take one of the falling defensive linemen at 32 and trade into the upper part of the 2nd round to pick up TE Irv Smith rather than trade up in the 1st to get Fant or Hockenson.

There's no way we replace Gronk anyway, so I'd rather take what's there in the draft, which is more defensive linemen than can go in the first round. Patriots need some young talent added to the line, cause Michael Bennett and Lawrence Guy are not going to be around that much longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really hoping that a certain rumour swirling around is that of a Lions & Falcons trade in the draft. Lions swap 8 for 14 and we give a 3rd round and 2020 4th round. Given Ed Oliver is still available at 8. Plz god!

Thomas Dimitroff likes too trade up, so I'm kinda expecting something too happen if its possible to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    AAF suddenly not so forthcoming anymore. Pretty vile move for players now stuck in limbo between a contract that no longer pays them and being denied opportunity to get employed.

Wow the fuck. I still don't understand how that league imploded midseason like that. A supposed infusion of cash. I wonder if that was just a lie.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    AAF suddenly not so forthcoming anymore. Pretty vile move for players now stuck in limbo between a contract that no longer pays them and being denied opportunity to get employed.

https://i.imgur.com/4WaEDe6.png[/IMG]
    I don't even get the point of viewing the contracts like that. What? Are you expecting someone to buy the league after the mess that was this year and after the gambling IP is stripped from it?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    According to a Honey Badger, Russell Wilson wants to go to the Giants. Vague, but if Russ goes somewhere that's not Seattle, that's gonna be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    According to a Honey Badger, Russell Wilson wants to go to the Giants. Vague, but if Russ goes somewhere that's not Seattle, that's gonna be huge.
    The Seahawks will NEVER trade him within the conference. If they trade him, he will absolutely go to an AFC team. They don't want Wilson coming back to beat them in the playoffs.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The Seahawks will NEVER trade him within the conference. If they trade him, he will absolutely go to an AFC team. They don't want Wilson coming back to beat them in the playoffs.
    I can see not trading within the division, but conference is just silly. Besides, if Wilson leaves Seattle, they're not going to any playoffs any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Sort of like the fit you threw when they picked the "wrong Josh"?
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Sort of like the fit you threw when they picked the "wrong Josh"?
    I still think they picked the wrong Josh. That made me angry. It defied every analytical scouting report, and was a "gut feeling" decision based on "tools" and "he needs to throw it hard in the wind!" and "he's so blue collar!" Those are the type of decisions I don't want my franchise making. Green Bay is blue collar, they picked a douchey California QB who will now go to the HoF and won them a Superbowl.

Not picking Hockensen, if he's there and certain other players aren't, would make me disappointed. In this case I was being hyperbolic. I think Hockensen is gonna be the next Gronk, tbh. Good at blocking, great route runner and pass catcher, destroys the middle of the field.

If Ed Oliver or Quinnen Williams (? is that his last name?) is there at 9, those are fine picks too. I'd rather have Hockensen over any WR at 9, since you can get a good WR later. If Jawaan Taylor, the OT, is at 9, that'd be a good pick too.