Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Have you tried this?

Everytime you login in WoW (or when you feel like it) ask in guild chat if someone needs help with something.
    It just requires to be a big guild with a lot of low levels.
    If you dont have a big Guild just ask in Trade Chat on a major city or something.

You will have random adventures everytime.

At the end of helping the other guy you can have a conversation about life or simply talk to one another.

You wont get any "reward" BUT you will go through an adventure everytime.

Question:
    Have you tried playing WoW as a mini social adventure? Instead of playing it just for rewards?
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-04-14 at 06:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You call them adventures, i call them chores that i don't want to do and probably get nothing in return for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    You call them adventures, i call them chores that i don't want to do and probably get nothing in return for.
    But its a social adventure.
    Its the journey that counts.
    You can talk to him while you boost him or at the end.

He will talk to you back...because you are helping him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok.

So what do you want to discuss?

Looks very exciting

Quote Originally Posted by FaceYourself View Post
    Ok.

So what do you want to discuss?
    I updated the OP with the question:
    Have you tried playing WoW as a mini social adventure? Instead of playing it just for rewards?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    But its a social adventure.
    Its the journey that counts.
    You can talk to him while you boost him or at the end.

He will talk to you back...because you are helping him.
    Well i been playing this game for 9 years, i was very social in my days (I quit wow after few months of bfa though) and i done almost everything i could do.
    The fun is just gone, the adventures you used to have when you were new are no longer adventures. They are known places, known creatures and known stories u all been at.

WoW is a great game, but not even those "adventures" you talk about, is not fun.

Basically you are helping someone out, by something you already did (probably) 100x by now.

That adventure is no longer an adventure then :P

But i like the idea u trying to bring us, more socialness and helping around.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah, it is the thing that people bemoan - how WoW once had a community and everybody was helping everyone.

Until they found, they rather get grouped with strangers to get shit done quick and without talking and still cry on forums how Blizzard ruined everything.
    community isn't anything i've ever cried about.

it is fun to watch people shitpost in trade, that's about as far as community goes for me. i am not a social person, i like my silent lfd/lfr runs.

Yeah, it is the thing that people bemoan - how WoW once had a community and everybody was helping everyone.

Until they found, they rather get grouped with strangers to get shit done quick and without talking and still cry on forums how Blizzard ruined everything.
    So true mister det.
    People complain.
    But in reality this game has endless possibilities if you decide to be social!

10+ Year Old Account

Actually blizzard is the one who ruined it. Like Blizzard is known for ruining everything they make.
    They start out by making something glorious and then burning it down till it is hated by most people.

Well i been playing this game for 9 years, i was very social in my days (I quit wow after few months of bfa though) and i done almost everything i could do.
    The fun is just gone, the adventures you used to have when you were new are no longer adventures. They are known places, known creatures and known stories u all been at.

WoW is a great game, but not even those "adventures" you talk about, is not fun.

Basically you are helping someone out, by something you already did (probably) 100x by now.

That adventure is no longer an adventure then :P

But i like the idea u trying to bring us, more socialness and helping around.
    A bit offtopic.
    Like Det said, people expect Classic WoW to magically be social again....by magic, just like in the old days.

No

You can do exactly that in current WoW but people choose to not do it IMO

10+ Year Old Account
    question: did you just recently get ignored in your guild for you to ask this ?

you 've spammed this website with topics like this before ("adventures" , give players journeys , stop playing for rewards ) so i wonder what spurred you this time to post it again

are you levleing a character and asked for help ? and nobody helped ??

10+ Year Old Account
    A bit offtopic.
    Like Det said, people expect Classic WoW to magically be social again....by magic, just like in the old days.

No

That is why i am pretty sure that WoW classic will not fail, but it won't be a success like people claim it to be either.
    It will be hyped, social, active for 2-3 months. Then it will die off and only the oldskool veterans remain.

That is why i hope for Classic WoW, that there will only be like 1-2 realms. So incase the activity dies, the server will still feel alive.

Today's generation does not like to be social and put alot of time into a game. Guess what Classic WoW is all about :P
    That is why i am very sure that Classic will do worse then Battle of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by LoaThaFett View Post
    question: did you just recently get ignored in your guild for you to ask this ?

you 've spammed this website with topics like this before ("adventures" , give players journeys , stop playing for rewards ) so i wonder what spurred you this time to post it again

are you levleing a character and asked for help ? and nobody helped ??
    Sorry i dont understand your question.

Nothing of what you said happened.

I logged in, asked in chat of a big guild "someone needs help?", he replied he needed the kharazan special event mount.
    We did the special event.
    We talked a lot at the end.

A bit offtopic.

No

Right? We have more social tools than ever.. cross-realm friending, grouping, cross-realm communities.
    Yes, putting bonus rewards behind LFG tool hurt, but all through Wrath and Cata, I always queued up with friends and guild so it was still personal.

Quote Originally Posted by BFA-suxx View Post
    Looks very exciting
    you should try it!
    I dont want to sound unnoying, sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by einaschern View Post
    Right? We have more social tools than ever.. cross-realm friending, grouping, cross-realm communities.
    Yes, putting bonus rewards behind LFG tool hurt, but all through Wrath and Cata, I always queued up with friends and guild so it was still personal.
    yeah, we have so many tools now!

10+ Year Old Account
    Everytime you login in WoW (or when you feel like it) ask in guild chat if someone needs help with something.
    It just requires to be a big guild with a lot of low levels.
    If you dont have a big Guild just ask in Trade Chat on a major city or something.

You will have random adventures everytime.

At the end of helping the other guy you can have a conversation about life or simply talk to one another.

You wont get any "reward" BUT you will go through an adventure everytime.

Question:
    I don't play WoW for the rewards. I actually DO log in, and ask if people need a hand.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

This here is exactly why the game has evolved to what it is now. People can pretend now like they miss the good old days where you needed to socialize to get things done, but this guy here is honest and reflects how most people feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    This here is exactly why the game has evolved to what it is now. People can pretend now like they miss the good old days where you needed to socialize to get things done, but this guy here is honest and reflects how most people feel.
    i remember in the old days if a town was under attack or a low level zone being ganked...max levels would come to the rescue.

Do you remember those times?

I dont see that in a long time

10+ Year Old Account
    It takes at least two people to be social. Someone has to be the first to say something.

This is how it works. Blizzard sets the table. It's up to players to take advantage of it. Get into a community, join a guild, actively seek out people and get to know them. If you are a player who believes that running a dungeon or raid instance with total strangers is "being social" I don't have much help for you.

I'll also say that if you are in a guild and say "Hello" to silence or ask if anyone needs any help on anything, also to silence, you might want to consider if your guild is a good place for you (solo guilds aside).
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-04-14 at 07:30 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."