Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Just about at level 50 for the Heart of Azeroth.... now what?

Currently level 49. Once I hit 50.... what do I do? Islands become useless. Half of the world quests give no reward. The daily do 3-4 world quests for a chest will give next to nothing (only 2k gold will be of any benefit). Even getting 10k rep with a faction will be significantly less useful.

So my question is, once I hit 50, what do I do? Is there any timeline as to when a higher level will be allowed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Congratulations, you have finished the game!
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

What do you mean? You're done with your heart of azeroth for now, congrats. More levels will be added in 8.2

Like you've got your BiS necklace now, that's it. Have you never played one of the earlier wow expansions where you could get your best stuff and then be OP until the next content launches? Srsly your question is dumb.

also inb4 south park meme
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-04-14 at 07:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Happychild View Post
    Currently level 49. Once I hit 50.... what do I do? Islands become useless. Half of the world quests give no reward. The daily do 3-4 world quests for a chest will give next to nothing (only 2k gold will be of any benefit). Even getting 10k rep with a faction will be significantly less useful.

So my question is, once I hit 50, what do I do? Is there any timeline as to when a higher level will be allowed?
    If you read the notes, more will come in 8.2
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I guess its just, you spend so much time every week getting so much AP (islands, world quests, missions, etc), that when its done and there's nothing more to work for, its like..... now what? Like I said in my original post, all of that content essentially becomes useless, no reason to do it. That's a large portion of the game.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Means Day 1 of 8.2 you'll be able to unlock Glyphs!
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

They should make it so every AP you get extra, will be converted into levels when 8.2 launches.

10+ Year Old Account
    take the HoA and bury into azeroth's soil ...

CHAMPION ! WE MUST HEAL AZEROTH !

Wait for 8.2 to farm more ap (yay!)

I have no idea why OP gets shit on. He makes a very valid point: If you finish AP suddenly lost of the game has no longer a reward. Since 8.2 is probably still more than 2 months away they should at least implement a conversion feature that converts AP to gold once you hit 50.
    And before you all lose your shit again: they did the same thing with AP in legion, so even the devs think its a problem.

Enjoy your time off, there won't be new levels until 8.2 releases, so you have around 3 months of off time or alt time or w/e you want to do time.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I guess its just, you spend so much time every week getting so much AP (islands, world quests, missions, etc), that when its done and there's nothing more to work for, its like..... now what? Like I said in my original post, all of that content essentially becomes useless, no reason to do it. That's a large portion of the game.
    The question was raised in the wowhead comments too, when they announced that AK would continue to rise for 4 additional weeks. Right now, people at 50 are still rare and will only get ridiculed when they ask about it...but let 2 or 3 more weeks pass and a lot of players will be at 50 and have your same problem.

In Legion, you were allowed to sell AP tokens for exactly this reason. BFA does not yet have a fallback like that. If you are 50, you are just screwed. You will get NOTHING from most of the current repeatable content.

You can assume they might add something if 8.2 takes too long. It is more realistic to just assume they will ignore it, though. It would just fit eveything about this expansion a lot better.

Personally, I stopped to care about AP as soon as Ion mentioned for the very first time that they would trash the entire system in 8.2...which was before 8.1 hit. So if they introduced a reward for lvl50 people that was "too generous" i would be pissed.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-04-14 at 07:26 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    And people wonder why devs keep making this never ending chases with AP and titanforging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Enjoy the next 2-3 months off fam

Legit though, my dumbass still has like 4 levels to go.. I think I’m around average with the catchups..

Alts, other parts of the game should keep ya busy - or - take a break

insert cartman saying "now we can finally play the game"

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    wait, to unlock glyphs you need to grind rep till LvL 50 HoA???????????
    ?>???????

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    I guess its just, you spend so much time every week getting so much AP (islands, world quests, missions, etc)
    Why in the world would you do that? You don't even need to go hard on grinding to unlock all trait rings, I already have them and I never do content that only rewards AP. Why would anyone willingly go beyond that?

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I have no idea why OP gets shit on. He makes a very valid point: If you finish AP suddenly lost of the game has no longer a reward.
    Because that's nothing new, systems have always had an end before in this game. Once you capped your rep to get the gear you wanted then suddenly all those dailies no longer had a point. Once you got BiS the raid no longer had a point. Once you got your full arena set then arena points no longer had a point. Etc. AP system just makes the grind take longer but it's just all the same thing with a different name and a lot of randomization crammed into it. It's a little stupid to expect a game to never have an end.

As for conversion they'll probably do that eventually, they didn't have a conversion system in Legion right away either iirc. In fact I recall a blog post saying they didn't expect people to actually obsess over capping their artifacts so fast so they added that. In typical Blizzard fashion they are probably just making the same mistake again.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Why in the world would you do that? You don't even need to go hard on grinding to unlock all trait rings, I already have them and I never do content that only rewards AP. Why would anyone willingly go beyond that?
    You don't do islands, world quests, missions, your daily 4 set of quests? That's like half the games content. What are you doing if you don't do any of that?

So you wasted a bunch of time doing stuff that wasn’t fun for a “reward” that apparently isn’t that great. The question shouldn’t be “what do I do now?”. What you really should be asking yourself is “why did I even do this in the first place?”.

You don't do islands, world quests, missions, your daily 4 set of quests? That's like half the games content. What are you doing if you don't do any of that?
    How about the actual content?