Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I also just found out today that each contaminated zone has it's own small puzzle.

Join Division 2 Secrets on Discord for many more secret puzzles within the game.
    That was the other thing I thought of after posting that list: Search for secrets.

I don't do the discord thing. Mostly due to bad experiences with screeching teenagers.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game keeps count of the number of car doors you close. I've closed 395 doors.

I don't know why but reading that made me laugh.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I've gotten the keys from like two of them but never found out where you were supposed to use them.
    They unlock doors in the area, just search the area close by.

There will be youtube guides on it, but they are quite simple, every puzzle is within close proximity of each other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    That was the other thing I thought of after posting that list: Search for secrets.

I don't do the discord thing. Mostly due to bad experiences with screeching teenagers.
    Can't blame you, but it's a good location to see unsolved secrets in the works. Probably nothing you can't search on google though.

Discord is also great if you're part of any guild/group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    This game keeps count of the number of car doors you close. I've closed 395 doors.
    I really don't know why it's satisfying to close car doors.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just me or does the game stutter under DX12 with the Nvidia drivers which are optimized for the game? I get consistently higher average frame rate but boy those dips and stutters are a real game breaker seeing as how they happen frequently. It's almost as if it's swapping memory but this will happen regardless of image quality or scale.

Meanwhile I pop back to DX11 and it's consistently fine even if I put it on ultra.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alindra View Post
    Since the most recent patch, has anyone else here experienced game files getting routinely corrupted?
    Nope, but MSI Afterburner can cause games to not launch properly. I use it when trying a game for the first time, and I normally have to load it after launching a game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Just me or does the game stutter under DX12 with the Nvidia drivers which are optimized for the game? I get consistently higher average frame rate but boy those dips and stutters are a real game breaker seeing as how they happen frequently. It's almost as if it's swapping memory but this will happen regardless of image quality or scale.

Meanwhile I pop back to DX11 and it's consistently fine even if I put it on ultra.
    They have said they are working on a fix with Nvidia, and there should be an update with Nvidia "soon".

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/

Good place to get updates, they have staff that communicate on the page.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2019-04-14 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alindra View Post
    Since the most recent patch, has anyone else here experienced game files getting routinely corrupted? It seems like the first time I launch Division 2 a day I either:
    - crash to desktop (after the warning about seizures)
    - fail to load into the game (after selecting my agent) with a corrupted file error
    - get suddenly disconnected with a corrupted file error while in game.

The only notable background program I've been running is MSI Afterburner, which I don't think is the problem. It ran perfectly the first week and a half, and I don't use overlays, it's only hook is frame time, which I have displayed on a secondary monitor.

Manually verifying the files fixes the problem until the next day. It's not unusable, but incredibly annoying.
    Run a chkdsk on your drive. It could be dying.

Just got to world tier 4 and at this point, the games completely stop being fun to play solo. Enemies just charge you non-stop and since dieing means failing the activity it just leads to frustration. Apparently this is a bug so hopefully they fix the A.I. as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Just got to world tier 4 and at this point, the games completely stop being fun to play solo. Enemies just charge you non-stop and since dieing means failing the activity it just leads to frustration. Apparently this is a bug so hopefully they fix the A.I. as soon as possible.
    Why would enemies charging you be a bug? Also, if you just got to that world tier that means you are under-geared for it. Once you get some gear it gets back to being fairly normal again.

I didn't even know you could do this. But I slide across the hood of every car I find.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Why would enemies charging you be a bug? Also, if you just got to that world tier that means you are under-geared for it. Once you get some gear it gets back to being fairly normal again.
    Because they shouldn't just mindlessly charge at you. I'm not talking about the charger enemies themselves literally any enemy will just run up to you and there is nothing you can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Every new tier you need to adjust your playstyle a bit. The game is getting more difficult as you advance, after all.

I highly recommend using the Reviver Hive while solo. It might seem like a crutch, but you have to remember that, for the most part, the game's dynamic is built for a group. Even the rushing enemies wouldn't be so bad if you had a teammate.

To that effect, I also recommend using the basic turret to keep enemies a little distracted and to add a little more firepower. Granted, at WT4 and WT5 it won't do tremendous damage without mods or brand set bonuses, but it will help keep enemies from just rushing you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    It's a known bug where the enemy AI is ignoring your damage and rushing you, which they're not supposed to do. They're supposed to act like they're being shot, not just bumrush you en-masse.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the "kchnk" sound
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    It's the "kchnk" sound
    Be more satisfying to open the doors right now. I dunno what they did over the weekend, but Im trapped in Safe Houses with closed doors and can't loot anything....

Oh and game is DCing me often when I take cover. Something about their update on the 12th broke it on PC.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

I kind of took a break just because stuff like Sekiro took up my time but trying to get back in i'm immediately put off by what i can only label as "Tamagochi gameplay". All those control points? you gotta clear them again, then collect hundreds of resources to stock each up across the map again while dealing with the black tusk and that is one of my biggest gaming put offs.
    Trouble is i know why it was put in. The first game had the city become empty and pointless so they needed to do something. But upkeep/progress decay is major negative reenforcement for me. It just screams 'is this even worth it?' when i retook the whole map and didn't get an upgrade outside the strongholds at all. Is a fine idea on paper and the black tusk are a nice way to shake it up, but how long before they are the new norm and its the same deal as the first game when the cleaner heavy with 3 tanks was just the same chore for the 100th time?

I'm still enjoying the core gameplay, when it doesnt spawn 3 events overlapping on the same one i'm doing and a dozen mobs gank me at once, but does progressing through the higher tiers ever reach a point where the upkeep just kind of fucks off?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I kind of took a break just because stuff like Sekiro took up my time but trying to get back in i'm immediately put off by what i can only label as "Tamagochi gameplay". All those control points? you gotta clear them again, then collect hundreds of resources to stock each up across the map again while dealing with the black tusk and that is one of my biggest gaming put offs.
    Trouble is i know why it was put in. The first game had the city become empty and pointless so they needed to do something. But upkeep/progress decay is major negative reenforcement for me. It just screams 'is this even worth it?' when i retook the whole map and didn't get an upgrade outside the strongholds at all. Is a fine idea on paper and the black tusk are a nice way to shake it up, but how long before they are the new norm and its the same deal as the first game when the cleaner heavy with 3 tanks was just the same chore for the 100th time?

I'm still enjoying the core gameplay, when it doesnt spawn 3 events overlapping on the same one i'm doing and a dozen mobs gank me at once, but does progressing through the higher tiers ever reach a point where the upkeep just kind of fucks off?
    Just ignore the CPs, they are not important.

I'll do a CP3 now and again for blueprints, but you do not have to upkeep them, it effects nothing, there are plenty of travel points all over the map without them.

Just ignore the CPs, they are not important.
    This. Also, plenty of CPs flip back to your side on their own so there’s still plenty of opportunity to collect all the containers in them from time to time. But at this point I’m so full on resources there’s no need to even go click those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Servos View Post
    This. Also, plenty of CPs flip back to your side on their own so there’s still plenty of opportunity to collect all the containers in them from time to time. But at this point I’m so full on resources there’s no need to even go click those.
    Also the only time it's worthwhile to donate resources is when you plan to go farming so everything is highlighted easier.

It's probably worthwhile to donate if you are going for the achievement to have all CPs on your side at once. I think if they have higher resources they will hold the base for longer.

130 hours played. Still having fun. Nothing like having a few beers with clan-mates on discord running through occupied dark zones killing everything that shoots at you

Insanely fun game. Much better than the first imo!

Apparently limiting the framerate reduces CPU usage so I capped my fps at 40. It doesn't completely eliminate stuttering but it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

Um....after you get the blueprints from Level 3 control points, there's literally no reason to ever do them more than once a week for the orange chests. I mean...I guess if you wanted an extra spawn point? But your friendly NPCs will occasionally take them back for you on their own.

Spending the time to scrounge up resources for them is likewise pointless because of the above. There's no real benefit to it since all stocking the CP does is make it easier to see junk boxes.

Just do like I do: Ignore the CPs entirely, reach World Tier 5, then refer to:

• Hunter Masks
    • Collect Exotics
    • Find all the hidden side-missions
    • Grind level 3 control points for blueprints
    • Solo challenging missions
    • Grind the perfect build
    • Dark Zone(Rogue or Hunt Rogues)
    • PVP Conflicts
    • Daily/Weekly Projects

Or you can go full retard like me, and try to clear as much as possible only using a pistol. XD I don't always pull it off, though, and get frustrated, so I switch back to an AR or LMG.