Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    She just wanted an excuse about the baby.
    Yup! I still think the baby won't be born tho. Or maybe it does but it's a dwarf.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the next ep preview Arya says "I know death, it's got many faces, I look forward to seeing this one". She shoots someone in the crypt in Winterfell. My prediction? She shoots Jaimie, steals his face, and will try to kill Cersei as Jaimie, fulfilling that fan theory. Or Bronn then kills the wrong Jaimie...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Oh that's right, how did I forget lol. I thought he had forgotten what happened, I guess that all changes now with the three-eyed raven status.
    That's why Jaime had the "Oh....shit..." look on his face when he saw Bran.

Quote Originally Posted by Helgrimm View Post
    My prediction? She shoots Jaimie, steals his face, and will try to kill Cersei as Jaimie, fulfilling that fan theory. Or Bronn then kills the wrong Jaimie...
    That is almost certainly what is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    "You ain't my dad m8"

No, you're not my dad you're my cousin

This could have easily gone to 10 seasons to actually play it out properly. Instead we got this rush job to cram everything into 6 "movie length" episodes. This show died after season 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    6 "movie length" episodes. This show died after season 4.
    None of the episodes in season 8 are over 90 minutes. Most are only between 60-70.

This could have easily gone to 10 seasons to actually play it out properly. Instead we got this rush job to cram everything into 6 "movie length" episodes. This show died after season 4.
    Will have to wait and see how it turns out. Who knows? The writers might actually (but probably won't) be able to wrap everything up in the screentime allotted.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Will have to wait and see how it turns out. Who knows? The writers might actually (but probably won't) be able to wrap everything up in the screentime allotted.
    I think it's gonna be like Breaking Bad, and they cram too much into the last episodes and it's rushed. But I hope that is not the case.

Can they kill Sansa now for fuck's sake. Every time she has a scene it's like death by a thousand cuts.

Also, I think they made a point of calling the head of the Golden Company "Captain Strickland." Jon Connington and fAegon is truly dead, and what is dead may never die.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    None of the episodes in season 8 are over 90 minutes. Most are only between 60-70.
    I know, that's my point.

e01: 54 mins
    e02: 58 mins
    e03: 60 mins
    e04: 78 mins
    e05: 80 mins
    e06: 80 mins

They had to significantly sacrifice episode quality, plot and character development to fit it into some arbitrary timeframe. Much of what made the show great was the excellent dialogue scenes (none of which needed flashy CGI bullshit) and fantastic character development. It's mostly gone now so we can get some more "beyond the wall" Hollywood-quality episodes to wrap things up quickly

I know, that's my point.

e01: 54 mins
    e02: 58 mins
    e03: 60 mins
    e04: 78 mins
    e05: 80 mins
    e06: 80 mins

They had to significantly sacrifice episode quality, plot and character development to fit it into some arbitrary timeframe. Much of what made the show great was the excellent dialogue scenes (none of which needed flashy CGI bullshit) and fantastic character development. It's mostly gone now so we can get some more "beyond the wall" Hollywood-quality episodes to wrap things up quickly
    Or, it could be that the writers aren't as talented as Martin when it comes to character interactions and they know it, so they decided to not give the audience half assed dialogue scenes that would always be compared to the books or the earlier seasons (which drew from the books) and instead opted to pursue what they felt they were the strongest at, and would appeal the most.

One small correction, ep 3 is 82 minutes, the original 60 min report has since been updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    One small correction, ep 3 is 82 minutes, the original 60 min report has since been updated.
    So roughly six hours left, or the length of the LotR trilogy. That should be more than enough time to wrap everything up.

Again, will have to wait and see how it is used. Hopefully the last episode is a dedicated epilogue to show us the state of the world after the events of the story, where the characters are at, and provide a sense of closure.

Or, it could be that the writers aren't as talented as Martin when it comes to character interactions and they know it, so they decided to not give the audience half assed dialogue scenes that would always be compared to the books or the earlier seasons (which drew from the books) and instead opted to pursue what they felt they were the strongest at, and would appeal the most.
    What are you talking about lol? Some of the best interactions in the show have come from non-book, original scenes. The writing has just kind of declined in quality, probably (most likely) due to the fact the writers are under way less scrutiny and revisions.

Or, it could be that the vast majority of the audience that made this the biggest show ever not only haven't read the books, but didn't really care about the 8 episodes before the "cool shit" that happened in episode 9 like the big battles, betrayals, etc. I'm a filthy book lover, and I just cynically look at it like that - the audience wants to see the CGI dragons and hear Tyrion rip off some one liners, they don't care about in-depth dialogue or even cohesive plotting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    +1. This is where we are now though. We have to pretend that women who focus on appearances and material things (which is who Sansa was in season 1) have something to offer besides how to tweeze your eyebrows. So now randomly Sansa is super smart.
    Oh man, I thought the brilliant storyline which was Littlefinger marrying her to Ramsay Bolton was supposed to be "part of her arc" to make her a good character. /s

Sansa's character has been butchered just as much as characters like Stannis and the whole of Dorne, friends. Time to accept that the cracks started appearing 3 seasons ago with dumb plots like that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty meh episode, but it is the first of the season after all.
    Some pretty good setups. Can't wait for the Bran and Jamie interractions.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Dear Night King.

Please drive a spear through lyanna mormont and set her ablaze asap so I dont have to keep seeing her one face for every scene acting. We get it, you're stroppy with a case to prove.

Good episode overall, feels like the last season is gonna be pretty intense
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet everyone is going to be dog piling Jaime in that hall scene and then Bran will defend him and Jaime will be like "wait what?"