Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Aspect of the Turtle

probably a dumb question but a couple of times over the last few days I have noticed that when i activate turtle it doesn't last for the full 8 seconds. first time was during Mekka boss fight in BoD, another was when I was out in the world and got dazed and was running from mobs so i could feign. has this happened to anyone else?

Do you have a cancelaura macro somewhere that you're hitting and not realising? Otherwise no other reason (except dying to DoTs) that would end it early.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    probably a dumb question but a couple of times over the last few days I have noticed that when i activate turtle it doesn't last for the full 8 seconds. first time was during Mekka boss fight in BoD, another was when I was out in the world and got dazed and was running from mobs so i could feign. has this happened to anyone else?
    They changed it in 8.1.5 that if you hit Aspect of the Turtle again, it cancels it. Before you had to have a macro to cancel it.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    They changed it in 8.1.5 that if you hit Aspect of the Turtle again, it cancels it. Before you had to have a macro to cancel it.
    Really? That's so stupid. Now you have to have a macro to make it mashable instead of simple having a cancelaura on skills where you know you'll want to actually cancel it and will already have macros for to stopcasting (Counter Shot or w/e).

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Really? That's so stupid. Now you have to have a macro to make it mashable instead of simple having a cancelaura on skills where you know you'll want to actually cancel it and will already have macros for to stopcasting (Counter Shot or w/e).
    I mean, you can still have a cancel aura macro, but if you have something that also casts aspect of the turtle at the same time as say, feign death or whatever, and you hit the same button, it cancels aspect of the turtle for you.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Ah possibly. I didn’t realise that. I was more than likely doing that. Will have to change it to a macro then. Bit dumb, but that’s the way it goes I guess

nice that you can use turtle again to cancel it, i used to just click the buff, sometimes it was a pain finding it amongst the others

Quote Originally Posted by Othraerir View Post
    nice that you can use turtle again to cancel it, i used to just click the buff, sometimes it was a pain finding it amongst the others
    Most of us had a macro that'd go:

/cancelaura Aspect of the Turtle
    /cast aspect of the turtle

and got the exact same effect <.<.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Use this macro
    #showtooltip
    /cast !Aspect of the Turtle

and you no longer cancel Aspect of the Turtle

Quote Originally Posted by Sharaven View Post
    Use this macro
    #showtooltip
    /cast !Aspect of the Turtle

and you no longer cancel Aspect of the Turtle
    I know, it's just annoying to have to have instead of leaving it as it was. You're still going to want those other macros, so all they did was force you to have another macro for no reason.

I just put the cancelaura into something I was using already, which was my kill command macro that had /petattack on it