Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    WOW 50% nerf in TC on PTR right now LOL!!!
    RIP Prot Warrior for M+
    GG Blizz
    6% single target nerf, 10% aoe nerf. and with the target on your backs i wouldnt be surprised to see more.

RIP Prot Warrior for M+
    GG Blizz
    Thats what happens when tanks outdps some DPS. They cry and scream and the nerf bat swings.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Thats what happens when tanks outdps some DPS. They cry and scream and the nerf bat swings.
    The main issue is why now bring a Warrior to m+?
    Tanks with the nerf what will they bring?
    You can bring a Dk with mass pull and great self heal and that can control undead, Monk still top dog for tanking damage with great movement and a good toolkit, druids with the buff might became really good and same with DH.
    Now dps wise why bring a warrior??? Can anyone tell me why?

The main issue is why now bring a Warrior to m+?
    Tanks with the nerf what will they bring?
    You can bring a Dk with mass pull and great self heal and that can control undead, Monk still top dog for tanking damage with great movement and a good toolkit, druids with the buff might became really good and same with DH.
    Now dps wise why bring a warrior??? Can anyone tell me why?
    *irony on* due to our battle shout *irony off*

I think prot warrior is pretty sturdy, this may be a reason. But yes, i do agree. This wont be a reason to bring a prot warrior instead a tank with more utility. I would be very surprised if blizzard recognize this and give us some utility. Just expect to see less prot warriors in high m+. I personally doesnt care, i'm not playing MDI and barely tanking in rnd groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Allseye View Post
    *irony on* due to our battle shout *irony off*

I think prot warrior is pretty sturdy, this may be a reason. But yes, i do agree. This wont be a reason to bring a prot warrior instead a tank with more utility. I would be very surprised if blizzard recognize this and give us some utility. Just expect to see less prot warriors in high m+. I personally doesnt care, i'm not playing MDI and barely tanking in rnd groups.
    The issue is for m+ if you are a Warrior and want to do some key you have to go tank or just get declined to oblivion cuz they wont invite DPS warriors.
    And the DPS specs got 0 attencion.
    Warrior DPS fury is middle pack for damage and Arms well does not even exist for mythic +, so why take them when you have other classes that outdps you with a greater toolkit.
    So meele classes will be DH, UH DK and Rogues.

RIP Prot Warrior for M+
    GG Blizz
    Exactly. GJ to Blizzard for balancing the game. People who thinks it is okay for a tank to do 100+ k dps on an AOE fight are crazy. The nerf to prot is completely reasonable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    And you cry and scream everytime Warriors are not on the top. Get real.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Exactly. GJ to Blizzard for balancing the game. People who thinks it is okay for a tank to do 100+ k dps on an AOE fight are crazy. The nerf to prot is completely reasonable.

- - - Updated - - -

And you cry and scream everytime Warriors are not on the top. Get real.
    So first, 100k dps is not usual and simply peaks. Show me 1 dungeon/encounter where a prot warrior do this overall. Starting a discussion with "cherry picking" is not very professional.

But i do agree, its not a good job to do a balacing where prot warriors have to expect to deal dmg like a dps because not having any other utility. Every (not single minded) prot warrior will agree that we do alot overall dps (even its not near 100k) and this nerf is reasonable. But we also agree this is the only advantage we bring against other tank classes, aren't we? So, instead of coming into warrior-channel and posting some non-helping stuff you could provide your POV why taking a prot warrior and just simply skip this "whining" - discuission. Wouldn't that be a better way?

So first, 100k dps is not usual and simply peaks. Show me 1 dungeon/encounter where a prot warrior do this overall. Starting a discussion with "cherry picking" is not very professional.

But i do agree, its not a good job to do a balacing where prot warriors have to expect to deal dmg like a dps because not having any other utility. Every (not single minded) prot warrior will agree that we do alot overall dps (even its not near 100k) and this nerf is reasonable. But we also agree this is the only advantage we bring against other tank classes, aren't we? So, instead of coming into warrior-channel and posting some non-helping stuff you could provide your POV why taking a prot warrior and just simply skip this "whining" - discuission. Wouldn't that be a better way?
    So you want a post on a video game forum to be professional? I know you were just trying to sound clever, but please..

The point is that prot warriors did way too much damage. They now got a justified nerf. End of story. Good night.

Couldn't aggree more. It's the same as people complaining at Unholy DK doing 500k+ dps, they do it under specific conditions and if you don't meet those conditions you wont take advantage of it.

Sure as a prot I can burst 170k+ specially in Motherlode's reaping packs on 17+ keys, but if i couldn't do that what would I be bringing to the group? Self heals? nop... extra interrupts? nop.... control over mobs/pulls? nop....

Oh yes we have shield block - which feels awesome tanking the Tree Boss in Waycrest for 40 stacks in 15's... but what does it serve me if when I'm doing 18's+ with tyrannical i still have to do mechanics like other tanks?

With all this whining for warriors being good at something for 1 season out of 2 expansions you would expect that when you look at Rio you would see 90% of tanks being Warriors in 20's+ keys, but guess what? No! it's only 53.4%, and on top of that last week we had the highest key done, a TD 25 with a Prot Paladin and not a warrior :O

Quote Originally Posted by Magnosh View Post
    Couldn't aggree more. It's the same as people complaining at Unholy DK doing 500k+ dps, they do it under specific conditions and if you don't meet those conditions you wont take advantage of it.

Sure as a prot I can burst 170k+ specially in Motherlode's reaping packs on 17+ keys, but if i couldn't do that what would I be bringing to the group? Self heals? nop... extra interrupts? nop.... control over mobs/pulls? nop....

Oh yes we have shield block - which feels awesome tanking the Tree Boss in Waycrest for 40 stacks in 15's... but what does it serve me if when I'm doing 18's+ with tyrannical i still have to do mechanics like other tanks?

With all this whining for warriors being good at something for 1 season out of 2 expansions you would expect that when you look at Rio you would see 90% of tanks being Warriors in 20's+ keys, but guess what? No! it's only 53.4%, and on top of that last week we had the highest key done, a TD 25 with a Prot Paladin and not a warrior :O
    All this not an excuse for not balancing the game.

“Big AOE pulls” is not a very specific situation. It’s happens alot throughout dungeons given you play well. No one should be able to pull the numbers that Unholy is doing right now. Unholy AOE will be nerfed soon and it will be completely justified just like the Prot warrior nerf is.

You are the ones crying, whining and complaining.

Same outrage as always. Op stuff gets nerfed and people who don't care about balance whines.

All this not an excuse for not balancing the game.

“Big AOE pulls” is not a very specific situation. It’s happens alot throughout dungeons given you play well. No one should be able to pull the numbers that Unholy is doing right now. Unholy AOE will be nerfed soon and it will be completely justified just like the Prot warrior nerf is.

You are the ones crying, whining and complaining.
    It is a very specific situation because it's the seasonal affix that promotes that gameplay. Are you living under a rock? xD In 8.2 with the new affix this will go away by itself specially if they do a more single target focused affix like they said they want to.

I'm not crying, I can have all tanks like I have all expansions, I'm just tired of being forced into Blood DK fotm and for once it's justified to play something else. Like it's super easy to put all other of my tanks to same low rio as my warrior (~2.1k).

The only think I'm saying is instead of Blizzard caving into the MDI meta outcry, which people don't seem to understand that is like that because it's all about time and not completion and when it comes to that all the little details mater to a point that the average player can't even capitalize on it, they should just wait for S3, lunch the affix and THEN see if there is anything dominating over the rest to balance it out.

Couldn't come sooner, they forgot to add the rdruid nerfs as well.

It is a very specific situation because it's the seasonal affix that promotes that gameplay. Are you living under a rock? xD In 8.2 with the new affix this will go away by itself specially if they do a more single target focused affix like they said they want to.

I'm not crying, I can have all tanks like I have all expansions, I'm just tired of being forced into Blood DK fotm and for once it's justified to play something else. Like it's super easy to put all other of my tanks to same low rio as my warrior (~2.1k).

The only think I'm saying is instead of Blizzard caving into the MDI meta outcry, which people don't seem to understand that is like that because it's all about time and not completion and when it comes to that all the little details mater to a point that the average player can't even capitalize on it, they should just wait for S3, lunch the affix and THEN see if there is anything dominating over the rest to balance it out.
    It’s not a very specific situation for current design. I’m focusing on what is happening right now. And the fact is that Unholy do too much dps on large AOE pulls which is going to be fixed and prot warriors needed an AOE nerf. End of story.

It’s not a very specific situation for current design. I’m focusing on what is happening right now. And the fact is that Unholy do too much dps on large AOE pulls which is going to be fixed and prot warriors needed an AOE nerf. End of story.
    That thinking is what gets us to this place, that short sighted ''end of story'' kind of comment sounds exactly like blizzard devs and why people hate how shit the game got to be.

It's the ''hey lets nerf things right now even tho the game is going to be totally different when the nerfs actually come'' it's just retarded. If these changes would come now, i would understand. But they don't.

Btw, nerfing unholy dks is even more retarded. 90% of the playerbase can't capitalize on it and even the ones who can only do it on specific dungeons/weeks that is why there are only 51 unholy dks in the entire world that did 20+ in time. You have more Retri palas and Assas rogues that did 20+ in time, should they be nerfed?

That thinking is what gets us to this place, that short sighted ''end of story'' kind of comment sounds exactly like blizzard devs and why people hate how shit the game got to be.

It's the ''hey lets nerf things right now even tho the game is going to be totally different when the nerfs actually come'' it's just retarded. If these changes would come now, i would understand. But they don't.

Btw, nerfing unholy dks is even more retarded. 90% of the playerbase can't capitalize on it and even the ones who can only do it on specific dungeons/weeks that is why there are only 51 unholy dks in the entire world that did 20+ in time. You have more Retri palas and Assas rogues that did 20+ in time, should they be nerfed?
    It still doesn’t change the fact that Unholy DK’s do too much AOE dps right now. Blizzard will definitely limit the maximum AOE potential on big trash pulls.

It still doesn’t change the fact that Unholy DK’s do too much AOE dps right now. Blizzard will definitely limit the maximum AOE potential on big trash pulls.
    Probably they gonna do that. Doesn't really matter if you can hit 20 or 10 targets. As already stated, its not something why you pick UH DK. As prot warrior it is. Look, i think noone says AE dps isn't too high. We say this is the only reson to bring a prot warrior. Is it justified to nerf AE dmg? - Probably yes. Is it fair/adequate? - Probably not. Or do you think is it fair/adequate? If yes, well its okay, nothing wrong to see this clearly black/white. But there wil be a lot to fix then. Classhomogenization inc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Eh, perhaps. Maybe not.

It's fairly niche, requires playing specifically around the DK, is dependent on certain dungeons and affixes, is somewhat bolstered by the Reaping affix this season, and still isn't enough to give Unholy high representation in high keys on live.

I really don't think they're going to level nerfs at the spec based on that. All it would do is hurt the spec in the other 99.99% of "real" situations.
    It just requires you to make big pulls. That’s not too niche. Even with bolstering it can be done relatively easy. I’m not saying 4 target dps of unholy are going to get nerfed, but they will definitely put a cap on the big pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It's not JUST "big pulls" or else unholy would be in every comp in the MDI since large pulls are the name of the game for most of that.

It's far more specific than that.
    In terms of dps, it is just big pulls.

I think some ppl here are just not getting the picture, Warrior tank dps is OP for trash, it is but it's the only think a Warrior tank bring to a mythic +
    Battle Shout, you have scrolls. RCry it will help on bosses more then anything else, on big pulls it will just prolong the death of the party most of the times.
    As for the DPS specs for Warrior it's the same outside that we have near to no utility, no AOE stun and if we want a Single target stun you will lose mobility.
    Arms as burst but outside that 0. Lower midd table dps and bad AOE.
    Fury no burst, Midd table dps and Midd table AOE. Near 0 utility.
    Of course the DPS as prot needed a rework i just hope it's not a nerf to kill the class in mythic +.