Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    its where the class gameplay is. itll get patched in with the prepatch for the next expansion.

And where is the expansion we deserve, the worthy successor of Legion?

People express discontent via social media and that means forums. BFA has a disproportionately negative rating because overall it is a VERY big downgrade for a lot of people who played Legion.

How Blizzard sat back and expected players to just be happy with downgraded systems and abilities is just shockingly bad management. It has taken them over a year to basically admit how bad they fucked up despite almost a year of feedback on the Alpha and Beta.

I can name 6 things I liked from the 8.2 preview but Blizzard does not need that because it is useless feedback. If you are not bitching about it then it is safe to say the playerbase is fine with a decision you made.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Wouldn't that just make WoW a weekly chores simulator? (Grind consumables/gold to buy them, raid, log off until next week), would that really make the game better, or just make it so you don't "have" to spend as much time playing it?

Because let's be honest here, the only thing you want is for everything besides raiding to be pointless a week or two after hitting 120.
    Raiding, mythic+ and pvp are the only activities that need a brain currently. If they can add other activities that are challenging and need more than two brain cells to do, I'd welcome them.

Without having a major in psychology I'd say the main reason people talk negatively about the game is contrary to OP's opinion that they were so optimistic and well meaning about the game beforehand, and got disappointed by blizzard taking away everything from the game that made it feel alive and like a virtual world. Now (mostly) what is left is an empty beautiful looking shelf.

If there wasn't so much positive memory associated with wow among the playerbase there wouldn't be a playerbase to trash-talk the game (imo reasonably so)

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Well for me you can't ignore the negatives because they are forced upon you if you want to do the positives (mythic raiding). I wouldn't bitch and despise the game so much if I could just raid log, but the fact that I have to farm AP, M+, and World quest every single tier burns my soul. The game is never ending. You don't get a break anymore because Blizzard is trying to compete in the "daily active users' spreedsheet world of triple a gaming in 2019.

The game became all or nothing for me and I chose nothing.
    Um, hint hint. Being able to raidlog is bad. Don't you remember the endless wave of "where's the content, Blizz?!?!?!!?oneone!!" from back in WoD?

15+ Year Old Account
    Positivity was pruned to make space on the action bar for other things like more RNG and sadness.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Pretty much this. You wont find alot of positive stuff in the forums. Not on this site or any other.

You will find it in game, were people who likes it plays. Believe it or not, most people dont venture into the forums, let alone make threads. Those who do, usually have something negative to talk about.
    People enyojing this game are minority. Most people alredy quit becouse of current state of the game.

I just think Blizz went overboard in trying to craft a particular experience for players, there needs to be more time allowed for sandbox types of activities. Right now the game feels like it has a to do list. I have to get my raid done, I have to get my M+ done for the week, I have to get my island farming in, I have to get my emissaries done, I have to get my weekly conquest points and then I have to do it all again on my Shaman and then my Monk and then my DK and then my Pally. Why the hell did I level so many characters again?!?!? In all seriousness I do that so I'm not left behind when the next season/raid tier starts and it gets exhausting after a while. I'm basically playing keeping up with the Jones's as a hobby for fun...

I just think that It's OK for the community to be responsible for creating some of the fun and it doesn't need to fall squarely on Blizz's shoulders and somewhat ironically in attempt to cater to all possible player types we're left with a game that feels like a honey-do list and a bit hollow and soulless.

When I watched the youtube video about the lengths Method went though to get ready for their world first race it really hit home how different some people's approach to this game is. I think they ran like 100 M+s in 3 days, it will take me 3 months to get that many runs in. Don't get me wrong, I love that WoW has a place for almost everyone but when the bar keeps getting moved up you never feel satisfied for reaching your goal and eventually you just burn out. I think THAT is the root cause for much of the negativity. Players reach their goal just in time for the next PTR where they see the bar being raised yet again.

10+ Year Old Account
    was in many places during Legion
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    There are no more Positives left in the game.

They removed it all with BFA
    pretty much this
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Not focused on wow specifically, but rather the gaming industry in general especially PC gaming. What used to be a niche market that's since expanded, gaming companies (Blizzard also with Diablo Immortal for example) are trying to cash in, instead of focusing on what made them successful in the first place: a dedicated and growing playerbase. You see it with all major gaming companies now.

I find it interesting that theyre so quick to blame the changing market, instead of looking at their own decisions for declining sales.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, since good gear started coming from other sources that aren't raiding, I've been playing much more, focusing on all the content I like (Island Expeditions, Heroic Raiding with my guild, Warfronts, Questing, World PvP, Brawler's Guild, etc).

It has been pleasant.

Oh, and now I can be a Mag'har Orc. My will is Legend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those people actually play the game and have fun. Here you just find a circlejerk that is bashin wow and blabber after the latest asmongold video.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

The only positive from BFA for me is that I tries ESO. Hands down a better game overall than wow bfa.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    A positive for me is that I quit the game cos its so bad, and am having a blast playing ff14, so yay for me?
    But you are still posting here. So you have you really quit or have you not really quit?

Are the FF14 forums as lively as this one because I see others posting how great FF14 is and how fun they are having they post here regularly I would have they and you would be posting on the FF14 forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing this expansion did well is art and music.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

They got pruned

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Art and music are solid this xpac.
    Also good is all the people who canceled subs; less negativity in-game than there used to be.
    J/K... kinda, but not really.

But raid design has been good, dungeons are decent, the outdoor zones are solid aesthetically (Nazmir a bit less so, but what do you want for sand dune-y desert).
    They built the world really well, it's just the story they chose to tell seems a bit... off the mark and, well, nonsensical in many areas.
    Here's to hoping Mechagon and Nazjatar are solid; odds are they will also look pretty awesome and we will probably get good cutscenes when they open up.

Vast amount of the player base are not on the forums, here be trolls and darkness.

The art and music has always been amazing in WoW. I'm excited for the lore if they focus more on Old Gods and the Black Empire.

The game design on the other hand, not so good, and where the majority of my complaints are.