Thread: N'Zoth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I would presume this all ties into the notion that the Old Gods were meant to contend with one another until one was left - the greatest and most evolved of them, who would then go onto consume the host-world and darken the World-Soul gestating within it. In the age of the Black Empire it's possible these battles were made into games of a kind, fetes that beings like Zon'ozz would participate in as gladiators of sort - sacrifices made in the name of their patron Old Gods, all serving the greater glory of the Old Gods' shared purpose.
    It's also worth noting that the Old Gods definitely seem to have egos - cue Yogg calling himself the god of death and N'zoth going into rage mode at Azshara for daring to bargain with him. They seem the type to insist on having statues and temples devoted to themselves.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    It's also worth noting that the Old Gods definitely seem to have egos - cue Yogg calling himself the god of death and N'zoth going into rage mode at Azshara for daring to bargain with him. They seem the type to insist on having statues and temples devoted to themselves.
    This is true, absent anything else it is easy to see the Old Gods wanting to build things to aggrandize themselves or their legacy. For be-tentacled monstrosities of eyes and oozing filaments of evil they are definitely conceited, arrogant, and often bombastic.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

My lore here is rusty, I know the Old gods back in the black empire were huge like entire zones..ish. Like how we see N'zoth in the cinematic below the seas, huge af.

point is, why are c'thun and yogg-saron so small? when we meet them, both was in a prison and were in a weakened state, i guess thats why? but it's still like 1/100 of thier orginal size.

And we dindt really kill them right? wowpedia says they are "Defeated" not dead atleast?

Guess they will all be resurrected by N'zoth at the end of the expansion, which will lead into the next expansion of the old gods theme. Well that is atleast my vision of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffe View Post
    My lore here is rusty, I know the Old gods back in the black empire were huge like entire zones..ish. Like how we see N'zoth in the cinematic below the seas, huge af.

point is, why are c'thun and yogg-saron so small? when we meet them, both was in a prison and were in a weakened state, i guess thats why? but it's still like 1/100 of thier orginal size.

And we dindt really kill them right? wowpedia says they are "Defeated" not dead atleast?

Guess they will all be resurrected by N'zoth at the end of the expansion, which will lead into the next expansion of the old gods theme. Well that is atleast my vision of it.
    My theory is that as the Old Gods grow in power, they also grow in size. They are after all a kind of Shadow/Void-based cancer, so as they grow in might so too do they grow larger and consume more and more of Azeroth's terrestrial substance. Being imprisoned and locked away from the source of their power they were also diminished (and probably also diminished by the imprisoning Titan Keepers and Watchers). The C'Thun and Yogg-Saron we see are like the sentient nucleus of the infectuous bio-matter, the rest of it having been sloughed away and rotted over time. Much smaller than their forms at the time of the imprisoning war between them and the forces of the Pantheon. Once fully realized, an Old God's bulk would likely cover the entire planet's surface and be riddled into its mantle and core, much like the planet we see during the Star Augur Etraeus encounter in the Nighthold raid.

"We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Dont expect nzoth to be Big, Xalatath mocked him in legion calling him the weaker and smaller one of them, while also complimenting how nzoth being the weaker was the one Closer to success were the rest failed

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

1 - You are correct, they are imprisoned and it seems like only their top appears in the fight. Convenient for gameplay-purposes, but lame because now we know those things can be huge. Also, keep in mind that even if only that little portion appears above their prison-puddle, they are probably immense while undergound:
    - Yogg-Saron's tentacles were said to go from Ulduar as far as Vordrassil, and his brain was huge as fuck too;
    - C'thun also had a big stomach chamber below him.

Similar to Aucald, I think that they grow in size along with power. I mean, I know G'huun is an "artificial" Old God, but I believe it's first phase is actually a glimpse of what the Old Gods actually look like in their youth (or in a earlier stage of their life cicle):

See? It's a little mouth on a wall. In concept, it's similar to Yogg-Saron and C'Thun - they too are just mouths comming from something. I bet that when the other four Old Gods of Azeroth were still very young, they also looked like weird-ass grubs, and once they root themselves, they start sprouting the tentacles we know.

2 - Old Gods' deaths are mysterious. We don't know if they trully die like mortals do - that's why almost everyone believes that they are somehow alive, but simply defeated (for a long time I hope). Yogg-Saron still has influence over Ulduar. It could be his corruption, or something more extreme like Y'shaarj's Sha (that he created once he "died"). Very complex.
    Last edited by A Chozo; 2019-04-15 at 05:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by azkhane View Post
    Dont expect nzoth to be Big, Xalatath mocked him in legion calling him the weaker and smaller one of them, while also complimenting how nzoth being the weaker was the one Closer to success were the rest failed
    N'Zoth strikes me as the more cunning and nimble of his Old God peers - the one that is always in the background with a false smile that turns into a sneer as soon as you turn your back on him. Not as imposing as Y'Shaarj or Yogg-Saron, but more willing to play the long game and patiently wait for his more hostile siblings to off themselves (or provoke the wrath of greater powers all the same). Meanwhile he just bides his time, feasting on the remains like any high-functioning scavenger, until finally he's grown so powerful he can't be opposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    He is on the moon!
    I know you're only joking but imagine how cool it would be if, after many quests involving Brann and research into Titan lore and Old God stuff, we found out that Azeroth only ever had one natural moon and that the other isn't what we thought. What if after Yshaarj was ripped out of Azeroth and crushed, a remnant lived on in orbit and grew, hidden under the guise of a planetoid. Imagine a cinematic where suddenly the peaceful, quiet sphere of the Blue Child grows dark and sprouts gigantic tentacles and attaches itself to Azeroth's surface to pull itself in closer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope that we get a “zone wide skybox” type that will show N’Zoth in the distance this expansion but we have to fight him in the next...and the inside of him being a series of zones.

According to dagger Xal’atath, he was the weakest of the 4 Old Gods while Y’Shaarj was the strongest. We do know that Y’Shaarj was killed when (I think) Aggamon yanked him from the ground (resulting in some (maybe major) devastation to Azeroth and the Sha forming on Pandaria. Also, Xal mentions (to priests) that during the Black Empire, Y’Shaarj attacked and won against N’Thoth (more like multi-faced stomped)

“The Seven-Headed beast had won his war against the Great one, but some defeats prove victorious in the end.”

I (trying to remember that phrase) think Xal is mentioning that N’Zoth May have chose that location due to being near Aszhara and the Nightborn thus getting the Naga, but that could be just speculation on my part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Parrot View Post
    I really hope that we get a “zone wide skybox” type that will show N’Zoth in the distance this expansion but we have to fight him in the next...and the inside of him being a series of zones.

According to dagger Xal’atath, he was the weakest of the 4 Old Gods while Y’Shaarj was the strongest. We do know that Y’Shaarj was killed when (I think) Aggamon yanked him from the ground (resulting in some (maybe major) devastation to Azeroth and the Sha forming on Pandaria. Also, Xal mentions (to priests) that during the Black Empire, Y’Shaarj attacked and won against N’Thoth (more like multi-faced stomped)

“The Seven-Headed beast had won his war against the Great one, but some defeats prove victorious in the end.”

I (trying to remember that phrase) think Xal is mentioning that N’Zoth May have chose that location due to being near Aszhara and the Nightborn thus getting the Naga, but that could be just speculation on my part.
    Xal'atath: It was here in ages past that the God of the Deep lost a great battle to the God of Seven Heads. But as was so often the case even defeat ultimately worked in N'zoth's favor.
    This is said on arriving at the Broken Shore (post intro scenario) for the first time in Legion with Xal'atath equipped. Much of N'Zoth's M.O. seems to be based on twisting seeming defeat into eventual victory.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobman View Post
    It would be cool to have entire zone with him being in the horizon but if you get too close to him he will kill u
    I wonder how long it will last till people start to get annoyed by it.
    For me it will be annoying within a day lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by azkhane View Post
    Bigger isn't better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Parrot View Post
    I really hope that we get a “zone wide skybox” type that will show N’Zoth in the distance
    I don't know if I can stand another fake 2d cardbor in the back like argus..( worst backround ever.. my god) we all know blizz likes the smoke and mirrors backrounds (including silvermoon stuff)
    When you know it you will see it.. can't deney it. it's cheap, but it saves money.

All our characters in the character select screen is all 2d cardbords and by moving them behind eachother it will look like it's a real thing.

Huge N'Zoth would be a mistake. Look at how poorly Deathwing was received. The theory was cool, but people just describe Spine and Madness as "scratching his back and clipping his toenails."
    Also Alleria's supposed to eat N'Zoth at some point according to the audio drama, so she's more likely to be the end boss. Sylvanas to die redeeming her is a solid bet, even if that would be awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Huge N'Zoth would be a mistake. Look at how poorly Deathwing was received. The theory was cool, but people just describe Spine and Madness as "scratching his back and clipping his toenails."
    Also Alleria's supposed to eat N'Zoth at some point according to the audio drama, so she's more likely to be the end boss. Sylvanas to die redeeming her is a solid bet, even if that would be awful.
    The Audio drama seems pretty irrelevant to me, as it even said, there are thousands of scenarios which it even said in the same audio drama. So take that with a grain of salt.

As for N'zoth, he's pretty much been his full form now all along, so I do expect him to be big, bigger than Ozumat, that's for sure.

I'd kill for more in game interactions like how Deathwing would randomly fly through zones in Cataclysm and burn the zone to a crisp with anyone in it. Hope they do something similar for N'zoth.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    My theory is that as the Old Gods grow in power, they also grow in size. They are after all a kind of Shadow/Void-based cancer, so as they grow in might so too do they grow larger and consume more and more of Azeroth's terrestrial substance. Being imprisoned and locked away from the source of their power they were also diminished (and probably also diminished by the imprisoning Titan Keepers and Watchers). The C'Thun and Yogg-Saron we see are like the sentient nucleus of the infectuous bio-matter, the rest of it having been sloughed away and rotted over time. Much smaller than their forms at the time of the imprisoning war between them and the forces of the Pantheon. Once fully realized, an Old God's bulk would likely cover the entire planet's surface and be riddled into its mantle and core, much like the planet we see during the Star Augur Etraeus encounter in the Nighthold raid.

Yeah your theory seems fully possible, pretty close to what i thought myself. Some kind of huge bacteria eating away the planet/taking its energy, therefore gaining more power. Especialy after seeing that planet in Nighthold, seems to be fully consumed by a old god/the void?

The question is whats the next step, after the planet is consumed?

Yeah your theory seems fully possible, pretty close to what i thought myself. Some kind of huge bacteria eating away the planet/taking its energy, therefore gaining more power. Especialy after seeing that planet in Nighthold, seems to be fully consumed by a old god/the void?

Probably a dark titan is born from the old god that consumed the world soul. Something like a parasyte relationship comes full circle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

If the planet has a World Soul, it rises as a Dark Titan. If not, probably nothing. The distance between planets is too large for an Old God to spread further. Plus to reach the size on that pic it probably exhausted most of the world's resources. Eventually, if it continues leeching off the world beyond that point it eventually has nothing left to sustain itself and withers away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    If you mean the statues i think they are just caster faceless ones (like that one boss in dragon soul) but with straighter back, arms (tentacles ?) close to their bodies.
    You can actually see an Abyssal Faceless on the right of that image, next to an obelisk and a C'Thraxx. The statues look even more different from those. They could be another faceless-like creature, like K'thir.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Balrog View Post
    I know you're only joking but imagine how cool it would be if, after many quests involving Brann and research into Titan lore and Old God stuff, we found out that Azeroth only ever had one natural moon and that the other isn't what we thought. What if after Yshaarj was ripped out of Azeroth and crushed, a remnant lived on in orbit and grew, hidden under the guise of a planetoid. Imagine a cinematic where suddenly the peaceful, quiet sphere of the Blue Child grows dark and sprouts gigantic tentacles and attaches itself to Azeroth's surface to pull itself in closer.
    Honestly I can see it going that way, especially with the Night Warrior scenario and the questions it raises about what the hell is actually going on with the moons. Maybe the next expansion we go up to the "moon" which is actually a new Black Empire in space / Legend of Dragoon reference.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.