Quote Originally Posted by Tydan View Post
    Anyone who purchase this let alone still playing this needs to look in the mirror and have a word with themselves.
    all the game is currently lacking is content and some QoL features, even the way it was at launch i still got 70 hours worth of gameplay, im just waiting on new content and better drop chances on loot, the game has made some big improvements, just about every game that lauches is always lacking something but give it another 6 months of improvements and it should do well.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who purchase this let alone still playing this needs to look in the mirror and have a word with themselves.
    Yeah, how dare they enjoy things that aren't the things you enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    all the game is currently lacking is content and some QoL features, even the way it was at launch i still got 70 hours worth of gameplay, im just waiting on new content and better drop chances on loot, the game has made some big improvements, just about every game that lauches is always lacking something but give it another 6 months of improvements and it should do well.
    Theres the word......content.

Yet people are happy to falk out 60 bucks for something not just incomplete but basically a demo. You wouldn't buy a car with no wheels.

Yet people are happy to falk out 60 bucks for something not just incomplete but basically a demo. You wouldn't buy a car with no wheels.
    70 hrs isn't enough for you for 60 bucks? People drop 60 bucks on single player games nowadays with less the 20 hrs of game play.

It's more like a car with no fancy upholstery or sub-standard air-conditioning, maybe a deal breaker to some but others might not care if the rest of the package is fine.

this type of game essentially revolves around doing the same thing over and over, just like diablo 3, division 2, etc, all these types games lacked things at launch, while it could use more variety in the content the game has a fairly solid foundation, how many hours have you gotten out of the game.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2019-04-15 at 01:40 AM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Psure that dude knows he's being disingenuous.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...m_medium=web2x

People pointing out job openings, this is simultaneously the best and worst news for the moment.

On the one hand it means they're not abandoning the game like people keep saying and are actively hiring for these positions.

On the other hand... they're hiring for these positions... which begs the question... what are these things going to look like for the foreseeable future? More than likely they won't see any significant changes at all.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...m_medium=web2x

People pointing out job openings, this is simultaneously the best and worst news for the moment.

On the one hand it means they're not abandoning the game like people keep saying and are actively hiring for these positions.

On the other hand... they're hiring for these positions... which begs the question... what are these things going to look like for the foreseeable future? More than likely they won't see any significant changes at all.
    Yeah, it's bad optics for them no matter what but this is the only way they can really move forward if they want to fix the problems plaguing the game. Bring on experienced folks who know what they're doing rather than have the current team, which apparently lacks the expertise, flail about helplessly.

No way of avoiding the obvious, "Maybe you should have hired them a year ago?" type comments (I've made them too). It's a bitter pill to swallow, but sometimes the medicine isn't going to be sugar coated.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, it's bad optics for them no matter what but this is the only way they can really move forward if they want to fix the problems plaguing the game. Bring on experienced folks who know what they're doing rather than have the current team, which apparently lacks the expertise, flail about helplessly.

No way of avoiding the obvious, "Maybe you should have hired them a year ago?" type comments (I've made them too). It's a bitter pill to swallow, but sometimes the medicine isn't going to be sugar coated.
    I mean, as far as Kotaku article says it was all leadership not understanding that they had a problem and this wasn't going to work. I hear nothing but bad things about loot in Swtor these days for instance.

It takes people realizing there's a problem for them to start to address it.

It takes people realizing there's a problem for them to start to address it.
    Yep. It sounds like they're going down the right path, they just need to tell us more about that path and hope that folks will be patient while they address the ongoing issues and work on building out more content.

We'll have the Wednesday morning livestream for the upcoming stronghold at least. No word on what else they'll be covering but hopefully it'll be pretty direct and comprehensive, because they've been damn quiet the past few weeks.

I hear nothing but bad things about loot in Swtor these days for instance.
    it's close to this :
    no suscription, no galactic xp, no command crates, no loot...
    it went from suscription style game, to F2P, to pay to get loot box
    you're supposed to get SOME loot from raids, but at that point who care when you can get the same stuff faster/easier with galactic loot crates ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    in the "roadmap", it indicates "phase two of the Legendary Missions and a new progression system, plus seven freeplay events."
    Does anyone know what that actually means or implies?

Also, unrelated, is there any respectable way to find world events? I hate the 6 world events daily that takes two hours to do.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    in the "roadmap", it indicates "phase two of the Legendary Missions and a new progression system, plus seven freeplay events."
    Does anyone know what that actually means or implies?
    Nope, that's all we know at the moment.

Also, unrelated, is there any respectable way to find world events? I hate the 6 world events daily that takes two hours to do.
    Based on what I'm seeing, no. There's no map indication, you just need to fly around and hope you stumble across them.

https://i.redd.it/qw4d8scn85j21.jpg

I usually just start at fort tarsis then immediately go right as there's an event right there more often than not, then I fly north towards great falls and just continue down that path. If by some miracle I haven't gotten 3 events before I reach the top I continue to wrap left but I almost always have 3. At which point I zone out and start over again since you can't get more than 3 feats in a single run.

I did my 3 today in under 10 minutes, I'm not sure how its taking you 2 hours to do 6.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did my 3 today in under 10 minutes, I'm not sure how its taking you 2 hours to do 6.
    *shrug* Me and my buddy will fly around looking for them, and often go 10-15 minutes of that without finding a single one. We're not doing anything special or using a map, just flying around pretty much. I've literally given up on the 6 event one because it would simply take too long.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

*shrug* Me and my buddy will fly around looking for them, and often go 10-15 minutes of that without finding a single one. We're not doing anything special or using a map, just flying around pretty much. I've literally given up on the 6 event one because it would simply take too long.
    Yeah that makes no sense to me, I'm pretty sure its damn near impossible to fly 5 minutes straight without hitting one yet alone 15+ unless you're somehow covering no ground.

Like I said there's almost always an event to the immediate right of fort tarsis, I tend to stick to the right half of the map.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    They only made that change after community uproar. When the game was released the quest did not track from level 3 onwards. You had 0 completion when you got it.
    This is false, it was always retroactive. They just didn't show you the quest until a certain part in the story which the community found stupid since you didn't know you needed to progress on it until much later. If you were actually doing a bit of everything and not trying to piss through the story as fast as possible then you were almost entirely finished by the time you hit it.

The only change they made was showing you the challenges right off the bat or very early on.

15+ Year Old Account
    No. It isn't false. It wasn't retroactive for the early launch until a few days in after outrage. The initial people picking up the quest started from 0.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...t_all_of_them/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...certain_quest/

Has mention of it being both retroactive and glitched where progress was not saved. I am going to see it was always retroactive but bugs may have existed early on. The dates on those are 2-16 so it is within the early launch period.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

No. It isn't false. It wasn't retroactive for the early launch until a few days in after outrage.

The initial people picking up the quest started from 0.
    Well it was definitely on my side since I played from the early launch and when I got to this part I only had the free roam part to do (world events, chests, repairing 3 javelins which I did on npc in free roam cause I didnt play in group). Could have been bugged for some, but for me I was already almost done by the time I got there, and it was in the first couple of days of early access.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Glitched". How convenient.
    I know right? It is almost if there are these things that make computer programs not function properly and they seem to have plenty occurrences in programs that do not have the best launch. Some people were not impacted by the bug. Some were. Some just misunderstood. Some rushed through things and didn't get much "passive" completion.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."