Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I gotta say, all of the people complaining about N'zoth being "boringly predictable" must be new to the game.

Of six previous expansions, we knew from the get go about two (Cata, MoP), one we knew about the "real" final boss before a filler raid was added to tie into the next expansion (WotLK), and one they told us about before changing course due to backlash (WoD). Of the two remaining expansions, Burning Crusade with Kil'jaeden was the only lore-established surprise since Argus (the titan) was first introduced in his patch. Twists are something WoW has never really done.

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    I gotta say, all of the people complaining about N'zoth being "boringly predictable" must be new to the game.

Of six previous expansions, we knew from the get go about two (Cata, MoP), one we knew about the "real" final boss before a filler raid was added to tie into the next expansion (WotLK), and one they told us about before changing course due to backlash (WoD). Of the two remaining expansions, Burning Crusade with Kil'jaeden was the only lore-established surprise since Argus (the titan) was first introduced in his patch. Twists are something WoW has never really done.
    Arthas killing us in ICC or Illidan opening the portal to Argus are very good twist you don't see coming because of the lack of build up for then but still in character for both
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    'Speculation' and '100% confirmed' seems like a bit of an odd combination.
    OP had it "N'zoth 100% confirmed as last boss" like an idiot he is. So a moderator changed it to speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Arthas killing us in ICC or Illidan opening the portal to Argus are very good twist you don't see coming because of the lack of build up for then but still in character for both
    That's a pretty low bar for a "twist", especially in Illidan's case since the entire DH story was about the Sargerite keystone and taking the fight to the Legion.

My point was that end bosses are almost always obvious, if not blatantly told to us, so N'zoth (or even Sylvanas) would be standard operating procedure. The interesting thing, for me at least, is how and why, not who.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Final boss, but I expect him to carry over into the next expansion.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    wow OP is such a spoiled little brick .. but well let him believe speculation = confirmed seems like he hasn't anything to look forward in his life since i can't believe a guy with that attitude has any friends at all

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-04-16 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

10+ Year Old Account
    Come on, we had the whole tree burning thing.

Blizz: YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHO IT WAS!
    Us: Uh Sylvannas?
    Blizz: ITLL BE A SURPRISE AND SHOCK EVERYONE
    Us: Ummm....sylvannas?
    Blizz: NO ONE WILL FIGURE IT OUT
    Us: ...sylvannas?
    Blizz: it was sylvannas, see, totally a surprise

Granted theres still room for a twist, but it'll prob be n'zoth.

I however do believe we should lose for the first time ever, it's about damn time we lost against a big baddy.

The next xpac begins with us building from the ground up. (Not my prediction, but what I want)

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    That's a pretty low bar for a "twist", especially in Illidan's case since the entire DH story was about the Sargerite keystone and taking the fight to the Legion.

My point was that end bosses are almost always obvious, if not blatantly told to us, so N'zoth (or even Sylvanas) would be standard operating procedure. The interesting thing, for me at least, is how and why, not who.
    The DH questline and illidan main purpose in the book was to kill Archimonde and KJ so nobody in the legion will chase him down(Sargeras wouldn't never bother) so it was still a twist opening the portal despite of the risk of being struck down again.

Final bosses being obvious is something I welcome with enought build up like LK but it's seem blizzard realized they csn't do that so they leave that part in the air.

Btw what are you standars for a good twist?
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    OP had it "N'zoth 100% confirmed as last boss" like an idiot he is. So a moderator changed it to speculation.
    Ah yeah, makes sense.

'Speculation' and '100% confirmed'. Yes. GJ op.

It's Nzoth, but he'll be in Sylvanas's body. Sylvanas's ghost gets trapped in the blade so she can't betray him/takes her down a peg "GLaDOS in the potato" style.

MARK

MY

WORDS

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I legit think it will be Sylvanas - Each cinematic has had end raid boss's: Jaina (BoD) , Azshara (8.2 Raid name I forgot) , I think Nzoth will be somewhere in Next Xpac I really think Sylvanas is the last boss of BFA

Long Live the Lich Queen Sylvanas!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    It's Nzoth, but he'll be in Sylvanas's body. Sylvanas's ghost gets trapped in the blade so she can't betray him/takes her down a peg "GLaDOS in the potato" style.

MARK

MY

WORDS
    I'm going with My Captain CRUNCH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I have a theory that N'zoth himself is the final raid of the expansion, and the raid is going inside his creepy body and dismantling it till we get to his head or heart.

I mean Old Gods are big.
    This would be the apex of WoW raids, that's for sure.

Be some Darkest Dungeon shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I have a theory that N'zoth himself is the final raid of the expansion, and the raid is going inside his creepy body and dismantling it till we get to his head or heart.

I mean Old Gods are big.
    Good idea, but that's BASICALLY Crucible of Storms.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    'Speculation' and '100% confirmed' seems like a bit of an odd combination.
    60% of the time it works, every time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    This would be the apex of WoW raids, that's for sure.

Be some Darkest Dungeon shit.
    "We must enter through the Anus of the Old One. There is no other way."

If it's not Nzoth it's basically disappointment

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post

MARK

MY

WORDS
    That would fit more the death god rather than N'zoth, he wants more the world soul and keep the horde/alliance stalement in the war, so he can do his own things without being bothered.

ill be shocked if its not him to be honest i mean i just did a dam quest were he gave me a curse on my head for peep sakes man lol!

Quote Originally Posted by NightHaawk View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7k_PjunmaAE

Also confirms that all those theories about Azshara being independent were just silly speculation and not leaks/rumours.
    Dude, for one the "[Speculation]N'Zoth 100% blah blah confirmed" just made me laugh out loud and wake my 3 y/o son up. 100% but it's speculated. Pick a side of the fence because the barbed wire has gotta be cutting your groin up.

With that being said I've already offered up who's the last boss and so on. I mean, my 13 y/o daughter can write better fan fiction than the dumpster fire that is Big Blue's storytelling nowadays. And she hates WoW but loves BTS (for the love of God please don't derail for BTS).

I'd say their bad writing started with the Rocky Horror Picture Show's Let's do the time warp song for WoD who's purpose was only really to bring Gul'Dan back from the dead to move their Burning Crusade 2.0 in Legion forward. And the, thus far, fustercluck that is BFA. We've gone from "Oh herro! We hate you now cuz you burned our Avatar...err... Night Elf tree down! Grrr! MASH! Oh hai sailor people with boats! Let's completely forget why we're at war and go burn down this troll empire's city to the ground and kill their leader!" to "By the by, do you happen to see over hither that ocean parting and a city coming afloat? Let's go plunder the complete fuckery out of that!"

Let's not even talk about the gameplay thus far.

Back to topic, and TL;DR--I'll bet you a king's ransom in fake gold that I probably don't have that I was right and stated N'Zoth is the last boss which will lead us into the Void Lord expansion of 9.0. Sorry. Horny and wife ain't putting out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jericho21 View Post
    Dude, for one the "[Speculation]N'Zoth 100% blah blah confirmed" just made me laugh out loud and wake my 3 y/o son up. 100% but it's speculated. Pick a side of the fence because the barbed wire has gotta be cutting your groin up.

With that being said I've already offered up who's the last boss and so on. I mean, my 13 y/o daughter can write better fan fiction than the dumpster fire that is Big Blue's storytelling nowadays. And she hates WoW but loves BTS (for the love of God please don't derail for BTS).

I'd say their bad writing started with the Rocky Horror Picture Show's Let's do the time warp song for WoD who's purpose was only really to bring Gul'Dan back from the dead to move their Burning Crusade 2.0 in Legion forward. And the, thus far, fustercluck that is BFA. We've gone from "Oh herro! We hate you now cuz you burned our Avatar...err... Night Elf tree down! Grrr! MASH! Oh hai sailor people with boats! Let's completely forget why we're at war and go burn down this troll empire's city to the ground and kill their leader!" to "By the by, do you happen to see over hither that ocean parting and a city coming afloat? Let's go plunder the complete fuckery out of that!"

Let's not even talk about the gameplay thus far.

Back to topic, and TL;DR--I'll bet you a king's ransom in fake gold that I probably don't have that I was right and stated N'Zoth is the last boss which will lead us into the Void Lord expansion of 9.0. Sorry. Horny and wife ain't putting out.
    Good grief, this post is a mess.