Page 6 of 182 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    I thought emulating PS3 and 4 games was like a bitch to do? Honestly I don’t know. I haven’t played any emulator games since my days on dialup with my Gameboy and SNES collection. Shit was fun though.
    3 not really but 4 yea, going to need to wait a bit on that one, but i'm assuming you have a 4 still atm anyway?

10+ Year Old Account
    $500 is OK until Sony decides to drop the Playstation 5 + that has 3TB of internal SSD storage for $550
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

If the PS5 can play PS1/2/3/4 games, then I'm content with the price. Knowing Australia though, it'll be higher than the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They did, specially if you consider they were relevant for a shorter period of time. But they should know by now that 500+ pricing doesn't work in the console market. Everyone hated when the xbone was released at 500 bucks because they refused to not package the stupid kinect.
    I think they do know this, which is why it likely won't sell at this price. Again, as I've pointed out elsewhere, this is a garbage "rumor". It doesn't come through any reliable sources, it's literally just a random pastebin dump.

Media are just picking up on it for clicks and because there are frighteningly few actual "journalists" in gaming media.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I think they do know this, which is why it likely won't sell at this price. Again, as I've pointed out elsewhere, this is a garbage "rumor". It doesn't come through any reliable sources, it's literally just a random pastebin dump.

Media are just picking up on it for clicks and because there are frighteningly few actual "journalists" in gaming media.
    Yea, i don't think it will be either, at least I would hope not... I also question backwards compatibility in the article, not something sony has really cared about that much... ever.

Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    8K? lol ... Only 15% of TV owners have a 4K TV. They need to focus on 4K/60 FPS for every game.
    8k upscaling, it's not really 8k rendered. Didn't really even know 8k was thing already honestly... 4k is barely a thing.

I also question backwards compatibility in the article, not something sony has really cared about that much... ever.
    You do realize the only system that wasn't BC is the PS4 right?

Literally every system they have released has had some kind of BC and that actually includes the PS4 with the PS2 on PS4 games.

PS2 could play PS1 games.
    Vita could play digital copies of PS1 and PSP games.
    PS3 early models could play PS2 games and all models can play PS1 games.
    PS4 has the PS2 to PS4 game selection that is digital.

They also went X86 so making PS4 games play on PS5 would only take a little bit of work. There has also been many patents made with the most recent one actually having Mark Cerny's name in it.

PS5 at the very lease will play PS4 games.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-04-16 at 12:43 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I bought my PS4 after a lot of years not owning any console, but I think due to recent trends this will probably be my last.

I am not of the fan of this nickel and diming and trying to squeeze every little innovation into a new console PS4 to PS4 Slim to PS4 2.0 or whatever.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Yea, i don't think it will be either, at least I would hope not... I also question backwards compatibility in the article, not something sony has really cared about that much... ever.
    There have been a handful of patents indicating that backwards compatibility would be possible, IIRC. That part is less eyebrow raising, especially given all the praise Microsoft has been getting for their work bringing a lot of 360 classics to Xbox One (frequently on their own, apparently).

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You do realize the only system that wasn't BC is the PS4 right?

Literally every system they have released has had some kind of BC and that actually includes the PS4 with the PS2 on PS4 games.

PS2 could play PS1 games.
    Vita could play digital copies of PS1 and PSP games.
    PS3 early models could play PS2 games and all models can play PS1 games.
    PS4 has the PS2 to PS4 game selection that is digital.

They also went X86 so making PS4 games play on PS5 would only take a little bit of work. There has also been many patents made with the most recent one actually having Mark Cerny's name in it.

PS5 at the very lease will play PS4 games.
    idk man, I know my ps2 had SOME backwards compatibility but it was pretty limited, they care somewhat it seems but it's never been full BC.

And I swear they only got games working that I DIDN'T want to play...

I think i was more annoyed by the fact that the PS4 has NONE.... like damn.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2019-04-16 at 12:47 AM.

idk man, I know my ps2 had SOME backwards compatibility but it was pretty limited, they care somewhat it seems but it's never been full BC.

And I swear they only got games working that I DIDN'T want to play...
    ??????? PS2 could play all PS1 games and the PS3 Emulation played like 80% of the PS2/PS1 titles.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

??????? PS2 could play all PS1 games and the PS3 Emulation played like 80% of the PS2/PS1 titles.
    Then my ps2 was fucking broken, because I couldn't play shit in it. Never had a 3 until I met my wife and it's just a netflix watching machine.

Honestly though BC is the least of my care, i don't throw old systems out, we still have an NES for god's sake lol.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2019-04-16 at 12:50 AM.

Then my ps2 was fucking broken, because I couldn't play shit in it. Never had a 3 until I met my wife and it's just a netflix watching machine.
    If it was the fat model then that's likely, That model had a lot of different lens issues. Some would have trouble with black disks (PS1) and some had trouble with Purple and Blue Disks (PS2).

The Slim could get lens issues as well but it wasn't as common.

If it was the fat model then that's likely, That model had a lot of different lens issues. Some would have trouble with black disks (PS1) and some had trouble with Purple and Blue Disks (PS2).

The Slim could get lens issues as well but it wasn't as common.
    Well then I stand corrected on the PS2, it was just my retarded system, it was the fat model. I think we picked up a slim when the lens on the fatboy just quit on us, but we never tried ps1 games at that point.

Well then I stand corrected on the PS2, it was just my retarded system, it was the fat model.
    Yep there ya go then, It was very common for the flat model to have issues.

Native 4k + full ps1-4 backwards compatibility will be worth that price. Please Sony.
    Intel 7700K l Asrock Z270 Taichi l Corsair H115i Pro l G.SKill Trident Z 3200Mhz l EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 l NZXT S340 Elite l EVGA G2 650W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    If the PS5 can play PS1/2/3/4 games, then I'm content with the price. Knowing Australia though, it'll be higher than the US.
    Yeah if it can play all ps games it'd be worth 500 but it probably won't even be able to play ps4 games

Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    For what purpose will someone need a camera in their controller?
    New way of phone sex. Now controller sex

The Xbox One was this price when it debuted. The PS3 debuted at $500-$600 back in it's day. When you account for how $500 today isn't worth what $500 was a decade and a half ago, I don't see this as being all that shocking considering how successful Sony has been this generation. I think their naming the PS4 a reasonable $400 was in large part because they were humbled considerably in the generation before at the hands of the Xbox 360 and fought harder than hell for a come back. Now Sony is feeling its oats and is getting arrogant again. You can see this by their refusal to allow cross play despite everyone else doing it. A $500 price tag for the PS5 is par for the course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends do the games that will eventually run on it at 60 FPS?(Cause it's about damn time for the console buyers)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi