Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    I'll likely binge these at some point later, but...

The Walking Dead - Missed the last couple seasons. Everyone just got so dumb.

Arrowverse - It's still mostly good, but I don't watch as religiously as I used to. Probably doesn't help that CW keeps changing the evening the shows are on. Pick a night and time and stick with it, you bastards! /shakesfist

Star Wars - What we recently got is arguably better than the prequels, but not by much.
    The walking dead for me was about to be a dead series, but this last season I think for me and many others I talk to has breathed a breath of fresh air into it. With so many new characters and new looks at old characters had been great for the show IMO.

Arrow- I think should have ended around season 3 and would have been great I have not watched since season 4 like 1-2 episodes the same goes for flash, I never could really get into supergirl past like 1-2 episodes that whole series seemed to be shoved down our throats.

Star Wars- I love every movie and mini series in the universe. But cannot stand to re-watch E4-6 becase the poor special effects. I loved the Prequels probably because I went to all of them in the theaters. the last 2 movies have also been quite good and I enjoyed them thoroughly. The Clone Wars was great series that I loved, and Rogue One and Solo were both good movies as well. I have not gotten a chance to check out Rebels, but want to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tikishock View Post
    When Boondock Saints came out I thought it was the greatest thing ever when I was in college.

I recently tried to watch it again and it is complete and utter shit. Seriously, how the hell did this film every get popular?!?!?!?!
    LOL, I just re-watched it the other night and still loved it.

Most series I used to watch in the 90's and 2000's, because they are outdated in several ways, but not aged enough to be appreciated as the products of their era (like Star Trek TOS/TNG for example).
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think GoT nosedived after season 4, but I'm still watching it lol.

I loved superhero movies as a kid/pre-teen. Couldn't care less for them now.

Naruto was probably my all-time favorite show as a kid, but it was really hard for me to rewatch it last year.

TBH the Harry Potter movies haven't aged well with me. I still love the first three, but the rest are kinda meh. Haven't reread the books in a long time, that might be a different story.

I watched Stargate SG-1, all of it one time. I decided never to go back and rewatch it, in case it ruins it for me lol.

Maybe if they did a new show or made the old one in HD, maaaybe I would watch it again.

Baseball. Though I think my interest back in the day was just because my dad is into it so much.

Transformers. Thanks Michael Bay. Thanks so much. (Though I hear Bumblebee is great so this may bounce back).

Speaking of bounce back, I think that tends to be what I experience way more than liked it in the past but done with it now.

*Spider-Man comics - dropped it literally mid issue during the "maximum clonage" story arc but came back when JMS came on as writer.
    *Civ style games - can't be arsed to play them anymore, until the bug strikes me with some new one for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    edit 2: If I can count video games...Starcraft. And RTS games in general, I guess. Starcraft was my top game in college. I used to regularly sit up until 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning (back in my college days, when I was capable of functioning the next day on < 4 hours of sleep) playing it with friends. I don't know what happened, but I just....suck at RTS games now. Maybe my reaction time has slowed down over the years or something.

I still enjoy playing campaign modes and against the AI, but that gets boring a lot faster than playing competitively online. I used to hold my own pretty well when playing competitively but not so much anymore.
    This is so 1000% me as well. Like, exactly this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, plenty of shows still going or went on a while, that I outgrew, I still enjoy them and love watching. Once in a while I'll pull up Star Trek and TNG for a marathon.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    This is so 1000% me as well. Like, exactly this.
    Yeah, I think these days, I have a bigger problem with multitasking than I used to. I do better in team games (especially on maps where my team can have 2-3 shared bases behind a single chokepoint) where I'm not completely on my own managing everything at once. If it's a game like that where I can focus on one or two specific tasks and some of the various other jobs are spread around between multiple people, I can handle it better.

If it's a 1v1 where I have to simultaneously defend multiple bases, keep pumping out units, recon, harass enemies, manage tech/upgrades, and pretty much be spread out all over the map, I just can't do that anymore. I'll inevitably miss defending some vital spot or get behind on something, and shit will snowball from there.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-04-16 at 01:14 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    South Park

It's been a bit so-so for a few years now, but when they started doing shitty story arcs instead of even semi-decent standalone episodes they basically killed the show.
    A f’ing men.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

I hated what happened to Battlestar Galactica. The original 70s run was about of a group of humans who were hanging on for their lives against a superior opponent, and yet they somehow were cheerful with bright costumes and smiles and fun and good times. Truly in defiance of their fate. Then we got the new series and all the fun and smiles seemed to be gone. It was all drab, dull and way too serious.

- - - Updated - - -

edit 2: If I can count video games...Starcraft. And RTS games in general, I guess. Starcraft was my top game in college. I used to regularly sit up until 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning (back in my college days, when I was capable of functioning the next day on < 4 hours of sleep) playing it with friends. I don't know what happened, but I just....suck at RTS games now. Maybe my reaction time has slowed down over the years or something.
    Hey I am pushing 50 years old and I just did an all-niter last night and worked an 8 hour shift today AND I'm fighting a nasty cold. (Although the cold is why I did it because my cough gets worse if I sleep in the slightly cooler air you get in the middle of the night. )
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Hey I am pushing 50 years old and I just did an all-niter last night and worked an 8 hour shift today AND I'm fighting a nasty cold. (Although the cold is why I did it because my cough gets worse if I sleep in the slightly cooler air you get in the middle of the night. )
    I used to do those all nighters regularly when I was in my late teens and up to my mid 20's. I could get barely any sleep and still be just fine the next day.

I'll be 34 in a bit over a month and seem to have lost that superpower at some point close to 30. I prefer 8 hours of sleep now. I can function (but will be a little cranky) on 6. Any less than 6, and it won't be a good day.

Counter Strike - Used to play it for 10+ hours per day, now it just bores me
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

Not anything in particular, but video games in general don't hold my attention as much, at least not individual ones. I used to be able to play Diablo 2, Dragon Age: Origins or SC2 for 6+ hours on end, but now 2-3 hours on the same game and I'm itching to switch or do something else. 4 hours for a WoW raid stretches me to my limits while back in vanilla I could raid from 7 PM to 1-2 AM.

I don't think it's the games changing, and more myself. For the better overall as I gamed too much in my teenage days and maintain a better balance now. But yeah, there's no denying that I'm somewhat amazed when a game truly manages to grip me now.

Code: Lyoko is a show I loved, but know would be trash if I watched it now.

Most kids cartoons and movies for that matter.

Dragonball Z is unwatchable as an adult.

Game of thrones. At Least the show got me to read the books. I'm not even excited to watch it but I figure I might as well because its gonna get spoiled on me weather I or don't watch it anyway.
    Hi Sephurik

I used to do those all nighters regularly when I was in my late teens and up to my mid 20's. I could get barely any sleep and still be just fine the next day.

I'll be 34 in a bit over a month and seem to have lost that superpower at some point close to 30. I prefer 8 hours of sleep now. I can function (but will be a little cranky) on 6. Any less than 6, and it won't be a good day.
    Pretty much this. I struggle to get more than 7 hours, but I often find I'm sneaking in a nap somewhere during the day if I don't get 8. If I get 6 hours of sleep, I absolutely am napping at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post

I'll thrown an exception, sort of, at you.

Voltron. Loved the original show as a kid, but it's unwatchable as an adult. However the new Netflix series is pretty damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Game of thrones. At Least the show got me to read the books. I'm not even excited to watch it but I figure I might as well because its gonna get spoiled on me weather I or don't watch it anyway.
    Personal opinion, your interest in the books will wane too. I found the last book he wrote to be more of an exercise in "how many times can I say 'abattoir' and 'as useless as nipples on a breastplate'" rather than interesting progression of the story.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    South Park

It's been a bit so-so for a few years now, but when they started doing shitty story arcs instead of even semi-decent standalone episodes they basically killed the show.
    I sadly agree. Trey Parker and Matt Stone are amazing, but I would prefer they stick with games and movies at this point. The South Park games are amazing and funny, and we haven't had a movie from them in ages (doesn't need to be with puppets or a South Park movie necessarily).
    Kupo.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Guess OP is more about "The start or Original of a franchise was good but now they fucked it up later on" and not "I liked something when I was younger and now I don't".
    could be either 1, w/e you like

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I hated what happened to Battlestar Galactica. The original 70s run was about of a group of humans who were hanging on for their lives against a superior opponent, and yet they somehow were cheerful with bright costumes and smiles and fun and good times. Truly in defiance of their fate. Then we got the new series and all the fun and smiles seemed to be gone. It was all drab, dull and way too serious.
    Agree 100%. F the reboot. The original was awesome. I have the pilot movie and the entire series on dvd
    "Independence forever!" --- President John Adams
    "America is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own." --- President John Quincy Adams
    "Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    I think GoT nosedived after season 4, but I'm still watching it lol.
    It did, it's vastly different now that it's gone off-script and is too Hollywood.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow
    Archer
    Suits
    Chicago PD
    posting on mmo-champ
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post

Pretty much. Digimon is still kind of ok, the first season for me. For a laugh. But shows like DBZ, Hey Arnold! haven't even tried rewatching Code: Lyoko, but most of them Im like "I liked this?". I think the only cartoon/anime that aged well with me that I can still sit down and listen to in the background is Avatar: The last Airbender. I still find that show extremely enjoyable.