Page 7 of 183 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's a lot considering cloud gaming will be prevalent by its release and I'd imagine be good enough for most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    It's a lot considering cloud gaming will be prevalent by its release and I'd imagine be good enough for most people.
    Infrastructure has a LONG way to go before Cloud gaming is prevalent outside of large cities that have servers located in them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    The Xbox One was this price when it debuted. The PS3 debuted at $500-$600 back in it's day. When you account for how $500 today isn't worth what $500 was a decade and a half ago, I don't see this as being all that shocking considering how successful Sony has been this generation. I think their naming the PS4 a reasonable $400 was in large part because they were humbled considerably in the generation before at the hands of the Xbox 360 and fought harder than hell for a come back. Now Sony is feeling its oats and is getting arrogant again. You can see this by their refusal to allow cross play despite everyone else doing it. A $500 price tag for the PS5 is par for the course.
    And no one wanted to pay 500 dollars then, just like people don't want to pay 500 dollars for a console now /shrug. The xbone was extremely poorly received though because the extra cost was from the kinect that most people didn't want.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Infrastructure has a LONG way to go before Cloud gaming is prevalent outside of large cities that have servers located in them.

- - - Updated - - -

And no one wanted to pay 500 dollars then, just like people don't want to pay 500 dollars for a console now /shrug. The xbone was extremely poorly received though because the extra cost was from the kinect that most people didn't want.
    And their "look it's a home entertainment hub! Oh, it also plays games if you're some kind of weird nerd, we guess." marketing.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    fair on the switch Nintendo's prices tend to be 100 lower than PS4/Xbox. The perk is exclusive titles, a number that seems to drop every generation (esp on Xbox) and plug/play.. plug in the console, and bam gaming.
    I'm sorry, but what does this mean? I simply can't make heads or tails of this statement. I just think Nintendo is the best option of the three. Their prices are fair and affordable. Even their online service is far cheaper, only $20 for an entire year. They also revolutionize gaming far more then xbox or playstation in my books. They focus on better graphic capabilities while nintendo switch isn't too far behind and is portable.

I just can't justify the prices they want for the console and the online connectivity.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    4K is fairly common now; I run a 4K TV and monitor, albeit 4K/60 FPS+ obviously isn't the most common configuration for gamers (across-the-board), yet!

8K TVs are insanely expensive, in the 10s of thousands.
    I meant for gaming, I understand 4k tvs are more popular in the market now. Honestly i doubt i'll jump on the 4k bandwagon for at least another 5-10 years, hell i'm still not on the 1440p bandwagon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe it being cheaper than 600$
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    $500 towards a PC is closer to nothing than it is to something.

It's more than worth it for the rumored inclusions, let alone what it will probably have.
    That really depends on what the PS5 has in hardware which I expect it to have an 8 core Ryzen 2 @ 3Ghz with Navi GPU. Which is like owning a Ryzen 7 1700 with a GTX 1070. A Ryzen 7 along with a B350 motherboard is dirt cheap right now, but the Navi GPU equivalent I expect to cost a good deal of money. But by the time the PS5 is released I expect Navi 10 to be out and probably cost around $250, along with new Ryzen CPU's that will further lower the price of older Ryzen chips. But someone has already built a $375 PC and pitted it against the PS4 and Xbox One and still to this day it keeps up or surpasses it. Can I currently build a PS5 for $500? No, but maybe later this year I probably could for around $600.

Traditionally any game console that sold for more than $400 has not done well. Look at the PS3 and the Xbox One when they initially were released. The cheaper PS3 was $500 while the backwards compatible version was $600. It lagged behind Xbox 360 until Sony made a $400 version. Microsoft made a $500 Xbox One that included the stupid Kinect and that still haunts the Xbox to this day as to offset the cost Microsoft went with DDR3 memory instead of GDDR5 like Sony did. Even at the same price people went with the PS4 cause it was cheaper and faster.

Another thing to consider is the lack of sales everywhere right now, which might suggest we could be entering a recession. I don't think a lot of people are going to spend money right now on new hardware, including the PS5. Google and it seems everyone else already saw this coming and is now pushing for cloud gaming as a cheaper alternative. If the industry anticipates a lack of console sales then they believe cloud gaming might be an alternative. I would expect the PS5 to have a lot of remasters or remakes being sold for 2-3 years until the price comes down and more hardware makes it into peoples hands.
    Last edited by Vash The Stampede; 2019-04-16 at 03:20 AM.

Is it seriously already time for a PS5? Man, it's been 5 years and I still feel like this console generation has no real identity.

Well, I guess when it comes out I'll finally pick up a PS4... even though I've still hardly played my PS3...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

people upgrade their phones yearly at around 800 a phone. but people on here bitching about spending 400-500 dollars every 6 years on a new console...…..priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    people upgrade their phones yearly at around 800 a phone. but people on here bitching about spending 400-500 dollars every 6 years on a new console...…..priceless.
    For one thing, no most people don't replace their phone yearly, only nutso's do. Plus people depend on their phone FAR more then their game console.

And the biggest thing... at some point you're bumping into PC price territory and that's not a good thing for the console market.

500 isn't bad, still cheaper than a computer of that quality and longevity. Also considering the amount of single player, non garbage mtx shit-fest games playstation makes, i'm absolutely fine with spending that. PC players spend more than that on mtx in like 2-3 years, let alone the 5-6+ years ps5 will last.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    For one thing, no most people don't replace their phone yearly, only nutso's do. Plus people depend on their phone FAR more then their game console.

And the biggest thing... at some point you're bumping into PC price territory and that's not a good thing for the console market.
    500 dollars isn't PC price territory for the quality the ps5 describes, don't be ridiculous. If the ps5 was a PC it'd be at least like 1k-1100. Then compare PC gaming to the dozens of ps4 single player, first party titles. PC looks a whole lot shittier if you realize all you get is apex, fortnite, wow, ect. and DON'T get god of war, spiderman, last of us, ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage VoidElf4Life View Post
    500$ is exactly the price you'd expect from a new-gen console. It's the norm.
    To be fair 500 dollars now is worthless than 500 dollars 2-3 years ago.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    ...LOL, I never buy new consoles at launch. I always wait at least 2 years because by year 3, a new variation is released and there's a lot of games to choose from. I bought my PS4 Pro in 2017 for reference so...yeah.

To clarify the whole BC thing with the Sony consoles:

1. The PS2 had full backwards compatability with PS1 games and memory cards but NOT PS1 controllers or preheps.
    2. SELECT PS1 and PS2 games can be played digital on a PS3, PSP or Vita.
    3. The Vita can play digital PSP and PS1 games while the PSP can play digital PS1 games.

I'll repeat what @Edge- has been trying to call attention to regarding the article's source. Why is no one else commenting on that?

I also remember hearing Sony is considering making the PS5 a digital-only console but we'll see.

...I am holding out hope Sony will release a Digital-only variant of the Vita with 250GB internal storage. I can only dream though it would be nice if they did it.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Silakka View Post
    Is $500 really that much for a console that will last for years? I don't think so.
    It is when the median income among the primary demo for consoles hasn't increased in 40 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Anaphaze View Post
    500 isn't bad, still cheaper than a computer of that quality and longevity. Also considering the amount of single player, non garbage mtx shit-fest games playstation makes, i'm absolutely fine with spending that. PC players spend more than that on mtx in like 2-3 years, let alone the 5-6+ years ps5 will last.

- - - Updated - - -

500 dollars isn't PC price territory for the quality the ps5 describes, don't be ridiculous. If the ps5 was a PC it'd be at least like 1k-1100. Then compare PC gaming to the dozens of ps4 single player, first party titles. PC looks a whole lot shittier if you realize all you get is apex, fortnite, wow, ect. and DON'T get god of war, spiderman, last of us, ect.
    Only reason consoles can pull that quality is because the games are tailor made to the hardware, the hardware itself is mediocre. And don't even start with games, you just listed off a bunch of games I have no interest in playing. Console doesn't have most of the games I spend my time on. Though FFXIV on PS would be a cool one to pick up for me, but I already have it on PC anyway so it would just be a bonus.

With all the pros / cons of the $500 PS5, I'd still rather have a Switch+ for $500. Nintendo has the better market IMO.

But as others have said, I do remember the "fully backwards compatible" PS3 console being expensive, last decade.

If the PS3 is any example, backwards compatibility is only a temporary "gimmick" to get people to buy into the new system. In time Sony may very well do away with it, in leu of their PSNow / Sony Store, Cash shop, online market, etc.

In a few years, the early release models could very well be "uncommon" and more desirable to own. /shrugs
    Last edited by Vineri; 2019-04-16 at 05:46 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    I love how you say 2TB HDD as if those are expensive nowadays.

And 8K upscaling means exactly nothing until we know how well it runs while doing it.
    My point being $500 isn't expensive either. The entire Machine isn't just those 2 things. The processors and such will also factor in.

Quote Originally Posted by Silakka View Post
    Is $500 really that much for a console that will last for years? I don't think so.
    Not really. With inflation adjusted $500 will be about the same as the $400 the ps4 was. But with all leaks take them as false.

Honestly even 500$ is not bad when you compare it with price of gaming PC if you are someone who has neither PC or PS and wants to get into gaming. It will last you for years.

Sony already screwed themselves with ps3 launch price, and they saw what happened to x-box one this generation for the same reason. Considering low piracy rates and their insane exclusives, they can easily eat a loss per console to remain market leader, software more than makes up for it.