Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The thing is I have no idea how the pieces work.

If it's one slot, applies to all mounts, then in order to have the water walking at all, I have to give up the other powerful perks like no dazing.

I mean I still have the swimming mounts which I assume will keep their special effect but those aren't as good!

The parachute thing is a must for war mode with flying enabled, the no daze for when we don't have flying, and the water walking for zones with a lot of water. I expected to just put one on a flying mount, one on a ground mount, and one back on the strider where it was.

Especially since this will translate across characters. Water walking would be insanely useful on a gnome who keeps sinking into puddles, but totally useless on a death knight who has the ice walking.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-04-16 at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    The issue I have with the system is that the one piece of equipment will apply to all mounts. It should be done on an individual basis, so that we don't have to destroy what was previously equipped in order to equip something new. I bet everyone will end up simply having water-walking permanently applied, which is pretty lame considering how we all already had the water strider.
    No. Do you k ow why? Becouse of flying. If you want have water walking than sure i will rather fly over and put in something els.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    When i first heard "There is mount equipment coming to wow! It will allow you to ADD one effect to your mounts!" i was thrilled.

Now that i know how it works i'm just completely disappointed. As with EVERYTHING they cooked up in this horrible excuse of an expansion.

I play a priest. The most fucked class when it comes to ground mounted travel. No escapes, no sprints worth talking about, no tank spec to prevent dazes, no snares....NOTHING. Having the ability to prevent dazes would have been AWESOME. That's what i thought when i saw the tailoring announcements for BFA. "Nope. Better luck next time, sucker!" - that's what the tailoring buff worked out to be.
    You have a shield to prevent daze, and able to buy an item to prevent daze. Jesus, people complaining about daze in 2019 are the worst.

Also get stocked by water walking potions, make your local alchemists happy, get woke about "professions are useless" and start actually using them.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2019-04-16 at 03:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FaceYourself View Post
    Armchair developers outraged over something they dislike.

Come on, you all were already thinking it.
    This = /Thread

Imagine the outrage if those who have the Strider Mount weren't given the Water Walking Equip for free. THAT I could understand. A consolation could be making the Strider a "Unique" mount with Water Walking locked in but able to equip an additional skill like No Daze.

The system is VERY new and I do think Mount Families or Mount abilities IS in the future. Being able to do more with your mounts is a pretty cool idea.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

As long as I can still use Bardings to prevent daze, I'm not picky at all. However, the real discussion is whether Blizz will allow druid Travel Form to have some fun with this equipment, since the form is considered a mount for many things. My strong suspicion would be no... but one can dream.

*edit* - Almost forgot to consider Running Wild, the Worgen ability that turns you into a mount, as well.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    I’m very confused about the argument of the mount equipment. Everybody uses the water strider as it is the easiest to travel with the water walking. Blizzard has seen this and decided to add a feature to allow people to use their other mounts and also have water walking. They have removed water walking from the strider...but with the shoes you have it back.

How is this a bad thing? You also get the option to have other items equiped instead if you don’t want the water walking. They have literally removed nothing (except the baked in water walking on the strider) and opened up the ability to all mounts. Is anybody able to realistically explain the reason people are upset?
    The problem is they're nitpicking and making pointless changes for zero reason. They're not removing mounted herbing from the Sky Golem, they're not removing the inability to be dazed off a mount from tanks and players with an active shield, so why are they removing waterwalking from the strider? It's great they're opening the option to have waterwalking on other mounts, but they're removing the time and effort that players put in for these mounts specifically so they could waterwalk, making it so you have to purchase an item every time you want to activate it is a further slap in the face to the players who earned this mount(you get 1 for free, then you have to purchase any more you want, because when you decide to swap equipment you lose the previous one like gems) and it doesn't matter if it's an arbitrary amount of gold, it's a slap in the face making people who have the mount have to spend any form of gold on something else after purchasing the mount. So players are angry because, once again, Blizzard is halfassing a change and nitpicking the change to only effect waterwalking mounts, instead of removing all perks on all mounts/forms. The reality is, if they're going to let herbing mounts stay but not be effected by other equipment and let tanks/shielded units be dazed off mounts, then the Water Strider should also follow this rule and have inert Waterwalking without benefiting from other equipment.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

B-but m-muh micromanagement

Fuck I couldn't imagine always using a certain mount I don't even like just for the water walking it has.

The people who complain about this are insane and have been a detriment to the game since MoP.

I will check but my personal opinion from my play experience is that the water strider ability is just much stronger than the sky golem herbing. We nerfed the water strider once and if we leave it with the ability there then it’s more in the line of getting everything and less of making a choice for what you want. We want there to be a choice based on your play and interests. If herbing on the run provides too strong of a benefit then there might need to be changes there but currently I don’t think that’s the case.
    Waterwalking that drops on 1 hit is more powerful than mounted herbing. They can keep golem without an equipment slot but apparently water strider can't have that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    they're removing the time and effort that players put in for these mounts specifically so they could waterwalk
    This is 100% false, you'll still have your water strider(s) and you'll still be able to water walk.

Yeah they should just leave the waterstrider alone and have the OPTION to equip your other mounts with the water walking if they are oh so open to players using their favorite mounts instead of the bug when crossing water.

It's just another layer of bullshit - to have to travel to fucking Krasarang to get it.

Just wondering whether the item is unique so that you can't just stockpile it in your bank and mail it across your characters.

Problem is, the items are nothing new nor fun nor creative. It's just something we've had for a looooong time, only made more complicated, unnecessarily.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Why do you think people only use the water strider?
    Because you are ignorant.

Do you only use the water strider?
    I doubt it.
    If most people didn't use it there wouldn't have been enough complaints to cause the mount equipment system to be made and planned for release mid-expansion.
    All my toons in BFA areas use the water strider, not much reason to constantly change but I play Alliance so there is a lot of water to deal with.

I wonder if the sky golum will as they state continue to have no daze but also what is applied to the mount slot so technically could be water walking no daze... that would not surprise me..

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    This is 100% false, you'll still have your water strider(s) and you'll still be able to water walk.
    They are though, Water Striders will not be able to waterwalk without the new equipment, that removes all the effort that players put in for the strider itself, no one cares about the ugly ass mount with annoying animations and no one will use it once waterwalking is removed from it.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Because they are introducing it at the same time as flying

That's my only complaint because that's basically saying "here's a way to make traveling easier" while essentially making it a non issue

Also let's take water walking out of the equation
    1. Barding stopped dazing
    2. The glider is unequal for utility

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    They are though, Water Striders will not be able to waterwalk without the new equipment, that removes all the effort that players put in for the strider itself, no one cares about the ugly ass mount with annoying animations and no one will use it once waterwalking is removed from it.
    And you'll still have water walking just like you've got today. So what's the problem? Are you mad you no longer have to use a mount you seem to hate to walk on water?

More important question (for me): will there be another way besides repping DEAD content to obtain the object to make mounts water walk? I’m starting to feel a little uncomfortable to grind more or less really OLD stuff to make new features work (see also reps for pre-BfA allied races).

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Well the biggest and most glaring issue is that as I recall the mount equip is destroyed if you swap it for another similar to artifact relics which is a huge red flag to me because we also know that mount equipment is shared across all mounts.

Making it inconvenient/clunky to constantly swap equip to suit environment is very annoying and still ends up with the issue of boxing you into using only one item, of course this is dependent on how scarce mount equipment is.

If they made mount equipment heirlooms and put them into the heirloom tab (allowing you to create as many as you want) and/or removed the shared slot I think there would be no issues.
    It would be nothing other than utterly pointless though, if you could switch them at any given moment on a whim. Unless they made the equips somewhat hard/challenging to be earned, but still an unnecessary hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    More important question (for me): will there be another way besides repping DEAD content to obtain the object to make mounts water walk? I’m starting to feel a little uncomfortable to grind more or less really OLD stuff to make new features work (see also reps for pre-BfA allied races).
    There will be an item made from a profession that gives you water walking but it will be more expensive than the Anglers/Nat Pagle item.

When MoP timewalking though, you can buy Anglers reputation badges to easily get exalted, no grind required.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    They are litteraly giving you the item for free if you have gotten the water strider in the past your not losing any thing.
    Devils advocate - You aren't losing anything ... unless you want to use one of the other pieces of equipment.

That being said, the others are lackluster, and flying is coming out at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    And you'll still have water walking just like you've got today. So what's the problem? Are you mad you no longer have to use a mount you seem to hate to walk on water?
    I hate that they're not being consistent with their reasoning. If they're going to take away perks from mounts to make it equipment then remove the other perks that they're making equipment, like daze immunity, otherwise don't remove perks at all.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.