Thread: MDI 2019 Season

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I just don't really see a reason to bring any other healer.
    Resto druid brings combat ress, good dps, solid healing in combat and outside of the combat. utility in form of roots, they can stealth, have on demand damage reduction in bear form and can deal with all affixes.
    Now to compare it with discipline priest, disc priest brings good group and st damage reduction, have solid party healing and do good damage. But on the other hand, their single target healing is terrible and their healing outside of combat is beyond crap. Dealing with grevious is nightmare and bursting is quite bad as well. So idk, maybe if they nerf some and buff some and stuff will happen, I can see holy paladin or mw monk replacing resto druid, considering you bring blood dk or some sort of combat ress

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    It's been very boring to watch actually. Legion MDI was stomachable.
    Agreed. Legion had some other classes as healers/tanks/dps, but all this has had is the same class comp (swap DK for Monk on some maps).

Used to love the MDI, but now it's just becoming a joke comp wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    They need to force diversity in this tournament.

If you use a class in one dungeon you should be locked out of using it on others in that round of 3. That will add some strategy into this and save us from watching 2x rogue and 1x monk.
    I love this!

I'm so tired of seeing 2 rogues a warrior and resto druid in EVERY comp. I saw a frost mage once, the team lost but I was happy to see something outside the current Meta.
    Last edited by Bangdingow; 2019-04-15 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangdingow View Post
    I love this!

I'm so tired of seeing 2 rogues a warrior and resto druid in EVERY comp. I saw a frost mage once, the team lost but I was happy to see something outside the current Meta.
    Yea it was a nice change with that mage.I also liked it.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

the day we will see a shaman in mdi i will eat my own dump

Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    Yea it was a nice change with that mage.I also liked it.
    they should just intorduce the same picking up system like in LoL with ability to ban opposite teams classes - would allow for much more interesting comps .

imagine this MDI with rogues banned as first pick . those comps /runs would look completly different.

one this which comes nice is that they will be much more agresive with "Sated" for tuff like stealth .

without a doubt they will introduce it in couple of categories to make more interesting stuff happpens.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalvia View Post
    the day we will see a shaman in mdi i will eat my own dump
    Team Pouluka played one in West Cup 1 2 weeks ago. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by amaze123 View Post
    Team Pouluka played one in West Cup 1 2 weeks ago. Have fun.
    shit

well

guess its off to the toilet then

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    they should just intorduce the same picking up system like in LoL with ability to ban opposite teams classes - would allow for much more interesting comps .

imagine this MDI with rogues banned as first pick . those comps /runs would look completly different.

one this which comes nice is that they will be much more agresive with "Sated" for tuff like stealth .

without a doubt they will introduce it in couple of categories to make more interesting stuff happpens.
    hmmm adding banning is actually a good idea.I never thought about it.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

I used to enjoy the mdi in legion a lot. Even if there were also a lot of "meta" comp plays in it. In bfa it's just sad and not fun anymore. Another warr/druid/2rogue/ww or dk match full of nightelfes. I'm so looking forward to it....

It just confirms the greater problem of class design and game's difficulty when 3 classes are superior for all dungeons. No niche is strong enough to shine. No need to cc, aoe is king, not even a spellsteal or enslave (is it still in game?) or feign death (who needs to feign when you can just die and get ressed by a spell with 100y range) cheese that can be abused for faster time. It's just.. bland.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    It just confirms the greater problem of class design and game's difficulty when 3 classes are superior for all dungeons. No niche is strong enough to shine. No need to cc, aoe is king, not even a spellsteal or enslave (is it still in game?) or feign death (who needs to feign when you can just die and get ressed by a spell with 100y range) cheese that can be abused for faster time. It's just.. bland.
    Get rid of shroud and massrez and you get much more balanced setups.

Protwarrior got overbuffed pretty hard over multiple patches, I guess there is no change from the SPREADSHEET balancing method blizzard is using the last 3 years since legion.

Not sure about the dungeon design in BfA.
    => LEGION had hardcore RANGE favouritism for RAIDS and DUNGEONS with room enough for rogues either cheesing with usitlity SOAK/SHROUD or just by the sheer amount of times on of the 3 rogue specs was overpowered.

=> BfA still got pretty range heavy with still the same DoT-cleave shittshow in raid, we learned to love the last 3 years so much. And the only thing keeping melee relevant in dungeons is the harder trash with the need for more interrupts.

And now guess what, range players demand shorter interrupts for M+ to be equal to melees, but ignore the dead of melees in M+ from the last 3 years. The loud majority of players is either new to this game or ignorant.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Get rid of shroud and massrez and you get much more balanced setups.

Protwarrior got overbuffed pretty hard over multiple patches, I guess there is no change from the SPREADSHEET balancing method blizzard is using the last 3 years since legion.

Not sure about the dungeon design in BfA.
    => LEGION had hardcore RANGE favouritism for RAIDS and DUNGEONS with room enough for rogues either cheesing with usitlity SOAK/SHROUD or just by the sheer amount of times on of the 3 rogue specs was overpowered.
    Legion M+ didn't really favour ranged at all, it was more than it favoured classes with Bres (which were all ranged) and classes with big damage reduction cooldowns because of the numerous 1 shot mechanics. It's why rogue was favoured along with Warlocks and Boomkins.

Of course it helped in Legion that ranged weren't designed to do much less DPS.

And the only thing keeping melee relevant in dungeons is the harder trash with the need for more interrupts.
    No, what's keeping melee relevant is that they do more DPS than ranged do and don't trade off anything to do it. If anything it's harder to play ranged since they have 2 affixes specifically targeting them (Quacking, Volcanic) while no affix specifically targets melee.

Add to this the ability to do full DPS while moving to the next pack, shorter interrupts, better class buffs, better utility like AOE stuns, and the only 2 classes with CC that actually works and why would you ever bring a ranged?
    Last edited by ydraw; 2019-04-16 at 04:34 PM.

I've always accepted that at the extreme end of competition ofc the competitors will use every last bit at their disposal to increase their success chances. Yet, this MDI, I am somehow realy putt of by the universality of the warrior tank, druid healer , 2 rogues and one wildcard (often, another melee) meta.
    This time it does not seem like there is a 'slight benefit' to playing the perfect meta. It is a huge f'in gulf between the 'best' meta comp and all the rest.

Even though I like M+ a lot, I felt not compelled to watch it this time and it even has demotivated me from playing WoW myself.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    I've always accepted that at the extreme end of competition ofc the competitors will use every last bit at their disposal to increase their success chances. Yet, this MDI, I am somehow realy putt of by the universality of the warrior tank, druid healer , 2 rogues and one wildcard (often, another melee) meta.
    This time it does not seem like there is a 'slight benefit' to playing the perfect meta. It is a huge f'in gulf between the 'best' meta comp and all the rest.

Even though I like M+ a lot, I felt not compelled to watch it this time and it even has demotivated me from playing WoW myself.
    At the level these people play, 1-2% better can make the difference. This is a unique situation, not at all the case in the other 99.99% of all m+ runs played. But this is no different than before - at worst, all real competitors now *know* it can be this tight, and thus they (almost) all choose the optimum (or you disallow yourself from the chance to win). An optimum that always existed, just for different meta's in the past, as perfect balance does never exist.
    'Banning' is not a solution as the game is not built around 'banning'. For example, afaik in Lol a 'professional competitor' will aim from the start at mastering different hero's. This is not at all the situation in Wow.

The MDI in its current setup forces players to go for the optimal meta or not truly compete at all. The fun is in the personal skill of the players, the use of cd's, the strategy of smart route's through the instances. The latter can be kept secret till divulged during the public Cups, where players can copy smart strategies from each other. At some point (say, Cup 3?) strategies will be more and more known (equal?), so then it comes down to personal skill and smart use of cd's... and errors. If you cant appreciate that level of subtle depth in the matches, MDI is hard to enjoy. I myzelf like watching it. I just wish the casters were able/willing to comment on the choices to be made by this level of play. But at least the level of casting has gone up significantly.

What I really like cf. the previous MDI is that the time trials are not up to infinite tries, and matches are on fixed order of maps. Previously people could (for time trial) choose a meta that had a high risk, high reward approach and just keep trying till they won (like some group with 4 monks and a healer), whereas now they have to manage in 5 tries - so you have to play it a little more safe. And the cups last year gave an enormous advantage to the winner of the first map. The field is now more advantageous to people with a general high level of play rather than people who made themself experts on 1-2 instances. Causing imo a better level of general competition.

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    Teams picked maps before. You will never guess what happened, team wins their pick. Blizzard should go full control and pre-assign comps too. Grand finals are grievous tyrannical WM with a discipline priest on both sides. Let the best multiclasser team win.
    Not sure if you’re joking but Blizzard picking what class people play is a horrible idea. You’d literally have to spend time with every single spec in the game to be ready for the MDI unless blizzard tells you what your going to play well before the time trials start but that would also be stupid.

Not only that but there’s 36(?) specs in the game. Why would you force someone to play something they just don’t enjoy playing? Imagine going into a counter strike game with certain guns banned and you only have access to a few random guns that are pre selected or imagine going into an overwatch tournament with every hero pre selected by the game for your team. It’d be an absolute shit show and not in a fun way.

You’d probably see a lot of people not participating anymore. Nobody will like being forced to play something they don’t want to and nobody will like spending time learning 15+ different specs per person. There’s also certain specs that just aren’t viable in high level m+ like resto shaman or survival hunter. Not a good idea.

Making it so you can only play a specific spec once per team per round would be a welcome change IMO. This of course would mean removing the character-swapping limit between games, but I don't think playing 3 specs proficiently is too much to ask.
    Last edited by help helper; 2019-04-19 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by help helper View Post
    Making it so you can only play a specific spec once per team per round would be a welcome change IMO. This of course would mean removing the character-swapping limit between games, but I don't think playing 3 specs proficiently is too much to ask.
    By what measure do you have the right to state so? At that level of play I suspect it is very hard to be master of more than 1 spec.

MDI is the epitomy of "bring the class, not the player." It's a garbage watch. Untill all classes/specs are viable, then it's a no from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    MDI is the epitomy of "bring the class, not the player." It's a garbage watch. Untill all classes/specs are viable, then it's a no from me.
    Well its more like bring the player and make him roll the right class. Which is always inevitable to some extent, but more classes should have good niches.