Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Will probably go for the profession one. MoP tw is something like once every what, 2 months? And I don’t think 1000 badges will be enough to reach the required rep level. Golds are not an issue and I have not enough time to waste it in the Anglers/NP reps.

Thanks
    Just do the quest for 500 with every alt that are 100+... (1 dungeon required)

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    The problem is they're nitpicking and making pointless changes for zero reason.
    I think they have a reason for the water strider specifically - if they don't remove the waterwalking ability from it, then people will just continue to use the water strider, because it would have both waterwalking and something else from the slot. (They could perhaps disallowed the water strider to have the slot, but that's worse than what they did, less flexible.) So, that's the reason to remove waterwalking from the water strider - because otherwise the change does not free people to use other mounts.

They don't remove herbing from the sky golem because they think they don't have to do it, and it is better not to remove things when you can help it - this is exactly what you are talking about with "changes for zero reason", they are trying to have as few of changes that seem arbitrary / exceptional as possible. Do you think the sky golem will now be the new water strider because they didn't remove herbing from it? If so, then they should remove it, agree. But I am not sure this will happen.

What they did here makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And for half the expansion, most of those are useless anyway because gliding and water walking are useless when you can fly. People will use the water walking equipment for at most a month in 8.2 (since it's just revered I assume that if you push, you'll have flying at worst by the second week of the patch).

Meanwhile I am actually losing the ability to keep the water strider on my bars after water walking is enabled for those few zones that don't have flight were the strider could be useful.
    If you put it on your favorite mount list, it was automatically summoned if you were on water... Don't tell me people don't know that and were "clicking" on a specific button ?

And for half the expansion, most of those are useless anyway because gliding and water walking are useless when you can fly. People will use the water walking equipment for at most a month in 8.2 (since it's just revered I assume that if you push, you'll have flying at worst by the second week of the patch).

Meanwhile I am actually losing the ability to keep the water strider on my bars after water walking is enabled for those few zones that don't have flight were the strider could be useful.
    Anti-daze is pretty useless when you can fly, too. I seriously doubt it will prevent the PvP item from knocking you off, which is the only real threat of being dismounted while flying. For me, I'll just have water walking on everyone but my DKs and shaman for the zones we can't fly in, and everything will be exactly as it is now except I'll be able to use whatever mount I want when I need to walk on water instead of the water strider.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Could have been it was quoted and answered: They don't take the mount away, but the water walking ability.
    Except they aren't taking away anyone's water walking ability either. You'll still be able to walk on water if you want (and do so cheaper than those without the rep), you'll just have alternatives now.
    Last edited by seleri; 2019-04-16 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Discard View Post
    They removed all the effort to get it with TW tokens and I don't see the pitchforks and "slaps in the face" over that.

Seriously, you entitled children would complain about the color green of the bills if I gave you a million dollars.
    Yup and if you use alts (even me, who don't even play them, got 5+ eligible alts) you just do 1 dungeon for 500 tokens/alt :/

I want it summoned BEFORE I go into water, not when I am on water. And I don't do random mounts; I have a specific mount per spec that matches my mog, plus separate clicks for the mog mount and the longboi.
    nitpicking at its best. You'll never be satisfied I guess.

"clicking"... /facepalm, just bind the favorite mount on a key -_-"
    Last edited by vashe9; 2019-04-16 at 07:28 AM.

They should have just held off until they could implement a full mount 3x2 talent system just like battle pets have, unique to each mount.

It's not at all nitpicking. If you are waiting to run in the water and then change mounts and try to jump up until your strider remembers they can water walk, you've lost more time crossing that river than you would by just swimming through it with a normal mount. The point of the strider is to have it up before you come in contact with the water. You tried to play smart by calling people stupid for not using the random favourite mount function and I just called out the fact that the function is not effective in picking the water strider because when it picks it, you are already swimming. That is called an argument, not a nitpick.

Are you serious, there is water everywhere in zones where water walking is needed. Just step on a puddle aaaaand, problem solved ffs.
    No you dont have to swim, just step in any puddle of water -_- you lose 1.5 sec... it takes much more time to cross water in Nazmir

Yeah you're just nitpicking, Mr World Revamp

And guess what, that's why I'm GLAD we got that equipement, I wont have to do that anymore....
    Last edited by vashe9; 2019-04-16 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    Are you serious, there is water everywhere in zones where water walking is needed. Just step on a puddle aaaaand, problem solved ffs.
    No you dont have to swim, just step in any puddle of water -_- you lose 1.5 sec... it takes much more time to cross water in Nazmir

Yeah you're just nitpicking, Mr World Revamp
    He isn't nitpicking.

The process you describe is: invoke the mount at the flightmaster - run into the water - dismount - reinvoke the mount - run with waterwalking.
    The process he wants is: invoke the mount at the flightmaster - run with waterwalking.

It's QoA. Those 1.5 secs you are talking about are annoying and add up into minutes per evening (and they aren't 1.5 secs, they are longer). If they can be removed, they should be removed. It's not life-or-death, but it isn't nitpicking at all.

Just like I said...so far very underwhelming and not exciting at all.
    I agree. I think it's a nice change but it definitely isn't exactly the most exciting thing they've ever done. Hopefully this won't be a one and done thing and they'll tweak it and make it more interesting as the game goes on.

I'm not fond of the mount families system though. I feel like it's either tedious or bland with not much room in between. Would much rather them expand on mount equipment, like adding different slots for different activities. The currently announced ones could be for convenience, they could add ones for professions, ones for combat, etc. Then people can customize as they want instead of feeling "forced" to use a particular kind of mount, like some people feel is the case with the water striders.
    Last edited by seleri; 2019-04-16 at 07:43 AM.

Sure. Just like I pointed out, the whole system seems so much of "nobody ever asked to fix this, why do it at all?" - And then it is implemented in what seems a very "meh" way. Like "Here it is with 3 options, chew on it, we work it out properly over time and add more exciting options later".

And at the same time issues about the game that people are really passionate about, don't get addressed.

Yeah, I get it....devs are not there to react only at the whim of players...been there, made that argument. No big deal either...I get to use the mounts I love more often instead of the water strider.

Just like I said...so far very underwhelming and not exciting at all. If only that water-walking equipment wouldn't break waterwalking if a mob hits you. That is still an effect that I hate with passion as it even happens to tanks.
    I'm actually glad I won't have to use the water strider, so it's a nice addition... Why are people always so negative about EVERYTHING in wow ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    He isn't nitpicking.

The process you describe is: invoke the mount at the flightmaster - run into the water - dismount - reinvoke the mount - run with waterwalking.
    The process he wants is: invoke the mount at the flightmaster - run with waterwalking.

It's QoA. Those 1.5 secs you are talking about are annoying and add up into minutes per evening (and they aren't 1.5 secs, they are longer). If they can be removed, they should be removed. It's not life-or-death, but it isn't nitpicking at all.

Thats exacly why they are implementing this new system, you wont have to do it anymore. So why complaining ? -_-" Please read the previous posts too...

- - - Updated - - -

People would probably be excited if they actually tried to innovate for once and actually work on a mount system. You could have families of mounts with different passive abilities, maybe even actives (leaps or charges).
    It will totally be abused in PVP... if you could leap or charge while mounted, I dont even see the point of this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Yeah they should just leave the waterstrider alone and have the OPTION to equip your other mounts with the water walking if they are oh so open to players using their favorite mounts instead of the bug when crossing water.
    Depends on how many equipment slots they planned.
    Worst case scenario: they make you choose between daze immunity and water walking!

That would also be my only issue with the system.

Hopefully this is just the 1.0 version of a much better system to come in the future.
    Mount equipment could be to a mount talent system what void storage was to the transmog system.

Seems like there taking it away from the waterstrider in order to make the ability a vendor consumable. So you end up having to buy more each time you switch it out. They could have left the waterstrider alone and just added the equipment option for players that would rather use it. If you could switch it out without having to buy more. That would actually be a good thing, but they aren't having it like that. Like with the portals, just seems like alot of these changes are to force players to spend more time getting around. But if the changes cause players to lose interests in the game more. Gonna be interesting to see whose name is on the next layoff list when it comes around.

This change cant come fast enough. Never again will I use water strider, and use sky golem only on my goblins.

The whole debate is bizzare and holds zero merit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hehe. People get the choice between water walking, daze protection, etc. How dare Blizzard make us choose - and not give us ALL of it!!

Thread summed up, pretty much.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    Thats exacly why they are implementing this new system, you wont have to do it anymore. So why complaining ? -_-" Please read the previous posts too...
    I guess there's a misunderstanding. I am not complaining. I think what Blizzard are doing with mount equipment / water strider makes sense - and like new customization options plus potential for the future.

The only bad thing about this new system is that everyone with an ounce of forethought knows that Blizzard will use this as a means to fuck us over in the next expansion. Then suddenly the item won't work there anymore and our waterstriders ceased working as well by default, therfore screwing us out of even that little bit of relief from the tedium of the daily grind. For the next patch, the issue is just that the feature comes in the same patch were we get flying anyway..

rather just have flying back

The whole point of the system is that you're supposed to choose what's most important to you. If the water strider remains unchanged, everyone will grab the daze immunity and switch to the water strider whenever they need water walking, essentially changing nothing.

The only thing annoying about the change is the fact that we'll probably only get the water walking equipment for free on the character that earned the mount or the first character that logged in after the patch. Meanwhile you'll lose access to water walking on all your other characters where we've had access to the water strider for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*