Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Happychild View Post
    Not sure where this whole "have no life" thing is coming from. I havn't grinded for AP at all. I have a girlfriend, play competitive sports on a schedule, regularly am out with friends/family. If you simply do your weekly BGs, 1x week mythic 10, and daily world quests (3 or 4), you'd be near 50.

Anyways, you have 3489 posts on a single video game message board. Jesus Christ lol.
    High amout of posts usually means someone have huge knowedgle and he share it with others. There is nothing bad in having knowedgle or be good at games.

Nice that you got girlfriend, familiy and hobby, i bet this information changed peoples life and world will become better now.

If anyone have problem what to do after hiting lvl 50 on neck he should consider to start playing this game. Ap farm is the lowest priority once you unlock def traits, there is no point in farming it. Once i have unlocked them i stopped doing emissaries because of bad rewards - low amout of gold even for paragon reputations and i dont rly need more ap.

Can't be any more honest with you. I don't farm AP at all. My weekly AP gains include 3 mythic islands (for the 2500 AP reward), a single 10+ mythic dungeon (I absolutely hate dungeons, can't stand doing even the 1), I max out my conquest points weekly, the 3-4 world quests per day, and then I stay on top of the missions through my phone.
    I run at least a single 10+ mythic dungeon, I'll do all the emissary quests, and I'll conquest cap via Faction invasions + secret stash + killing bounties during invasions, I'll do my 3 mythic or 4 heroic Islands weekly, and I'll clear BoD every week. Add on top of the mission table (which can be done from your phone), you'll be at or near lvl 50 on your neckpiece. If we're talking time investment at this point, invasions take 15-20min plus whatever amount of time I spend waiting for bounties/stash, 15-20min per emissary, 2hr clear of H BoD, 30-45 minutes for all my Islands for the week, 30-45 min for a M+ dungeon... 8-9 hrs in game a week with some variability on the PvP side for AP investment? At this current Azerite Knowledge level, doing what I do would get you a level every week in in the 47-50 range.

Keep in mind, what I'm doing isn't really that efficient for getting AP, as I prioritize getting Conquest points and other currencies/gold instead... because the AP comes very easily if you put some time into the game. Early in the expansion, I'd clear all the WQ's with AP just because I was grinding for reputations early on, but with how AK scales that amount of AP that took weeks to accumulate can be gotten in a day.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow... so amazed that nobody yet has seen the small snippet that says everyone gets upgraded to Heart of Azeroth lv 50 after the first Magni quest that unlocks the Heart Forge.

So it doesn't matter if you're 38, 42, or even 49.5... you'll be at "upgraded" to 50 within minutes of 8.2 launch thanks to Magni.

Nerdsquare write up here

The heart of Azeroth will receive the level 50 directly with the release of the patch.
    - Google Translated
    Das Herz von Azeroth wird mit dem Release des Patches direkt Stufe 50 erhalten
    - Original German

EDIT: Take with a grain of salt (only this one write up mentions this). Wait to see PTR to see if true.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think any of my toons hearts are over level 34. There isn't enough meaningful content outside of BoD. I want to be able to sit down and enjoy the process of something and not feel like it's a chore. Warfronts, island expeditions and WQ aren't fun, they're chores. Remove those aspects from the game and all you're left with is Raiding, M+, organized PvP and Legacy content. I want meaningful content, not boring grinds that make me want to peck my eyeballs out. I don't hate grinds, matter of fact I love them, but they have to feel meaningful.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Wow... so amazed that nobody yet has seen the small snippet that says everyone gets upgraded to Heart of Azeroth lv 50 after the first Magni quest that unlocks the Heart Forge.

So it doesn't matter if you're 38, 42, or even 49.5... you'll be at "upgraded" to 50 within minutes of 8.2 launch thanks to Magni.

Nerdsquare write up here

- Google Translated
    - Original German

EDIT: Take with a grain of salt (only this one write up mentions this). Wait to see PTR to see if true.
    A AHAHAHA HA. wasn't aware that was a thing.

Also, I could Understand about 60% of the full original article after 3 months of german lessons. Feels good

I guess its just, you spend so much time every week getting so much AP (islands, world quests, missions, etc), that when its done and there's nothing more to work for, its like..... now what? Like I said in my original post, all of that content essentially becomes useless, no reason to do it. That's a large portion of the game.
    - IEs still give the treasure map for gold/resid, and the IEs/some maps give the mog/vanity stuff.
    - Paragon Caches you can stockpile for 8.2.
    - Emissaries are pretty useless, but the rep gives you more paragon.
    - Raiding/M+ you were probs gonna do anyway. If you're only doing those for AP, you have a problem.
    - Turn-ins for the Warfront can now be skipped.

Like yeah it sucks your AP is effectively wasted, but it's not like the content is "useless".

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I don't think any of my toons hearts are over level 34. There isn't enough meaningful content outside of BoD. I want to be able to sit down and enjoy the process of something and not feel like it's a chore. Warfronts, island expeditions and WQ aren't fun, they're chores. Remove those aspects from the game and all you're left with is Raiding, M+, organized PvP and Legacy content. I want meaningful content, not boring grinds that make me want to peck my eyeballs out. I don't hate grinds, matter of fact I love them, but they have to feel meaningful.
    What "grinds" really felt meaningful, exactly? Even grinding for my Wintersaber rep was dumb and now that I never use it, it definitely feels "meaningless". All the reps I got from old content sure do feel meaningless esp when most were just for mog or mounts or w/e that I don't even use anymore.

Also, even if you were to ignore emissaries, IEs, and Warfronts, I don't know how the hell you're only 34 after all the AK you've accumulated. You need to be basically not playing to be that low.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2019-04-15 at 09:22 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Having your neck at level 50 means you played this game ALOT. My neck is level 44 and I feel I even focused too much on azerite. If you are at level 50 and get bored, you kinda have to suit yourself for kind of "overplaying" the game. I do not judge, but I don't think you can't be at level 50 with a healthy relationship to the game. You simply played too much. There should be no "fix" to this, most players are not near level 50.
    I have a healthy relationship to both the game and my GF.

I actively avoid Azerite rewards on WQs, I never do missions that reward Azerite, I don't raid except for the Jaina part in LFR for the mount drop alone, I don't do dungeons AT ALL, I only do WQs to get emmisary caches and then I stop.

Tell me, how I could have had anything lower than 46. If I had farmed Azerite, I would have been 50 months ago.

Also, my highest piece of armor require 42... I really have no interrest in Azerite, yet it's impossible to avoid.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Nerdsquare write up here

- Google Translated
    - Original German

hahaahha the irony ^^

jezus what a shit system

i understand whythey do it but its direct slap to the face with huge d...ck and laugh from blizzard to all people who wasted all those hours farming ap ^^

Be glad that you are finally about to be released of your mental shackles and do something worthwhile with your life?

Nobody gives a fucks about your neck OP.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    Lots of jerk answer, classic MMO-C.

I'm in the same boat, and a lot will be there too. We are talking about a good fraction of WQ, Emissary, Mission, most of the Island Expedition reward not giving anything once you reach level 50. If you would get a small amount gold or something else as a reward at least. A tiny amount of Titan Residuum would be neat.
    It's typical of the playerbase. My DH will hit 48 this week, and that's just from doing the rep caches every day on him at this point. I've been actively staying away from AP world quests for the last week or two, and I'll still hit 50 soon. The AP concern is valid, because we will have such a long timespan of not having a reward for most content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Be glad that you are finally about to be released of your mental shackles and do something worthwhile with your life?
    I find it hilarious that a guy with 15k posts on a video game forum has the audacity to mention someone else not having a life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Having your neck at level 50 means you played this game ALOT. My neck is level 44 and I feel I even focused too much on azerite. If you are at level 50 and get bored, you kinda have to suit yourself for kind of "overplaying" the game. I do not judge, but I don't think you can't be at level 50 with a healthy relationship to the game. You simply played too much. There should be no "fix" to this, most players are not near level 50.
    You are beyond incorrect. 2 examples. Myself, I took 2 full months off of the game. I'm currently at 44 on 3 toons, and 47 on my main. And I play about 2 hours per day most days, and sometimes not at all.

2nd example, my friend rolled a Prot war that hit 120 exactly 3 weeks ago. He's at 45. He didn't play most of this expansion. Your summary is just not correct whatsoever.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Good work and for now just wait next expansion coming where you probably going to lose it >.<

Can start working on mine, only at 42 I think lol

You don't do islands, world quests, missions, your daily 4 set of quests? That's like half the games content. What are you doing if you don't do any of that?
    lol'd

I have less than 49 level of HoA and I still don't do them.

Currently level 49. Once I hit 50.... what do I do? Islands become useless. Half of the world quests give no reward. The daily do 3-4 world quests for a chest will give next to nothing (only 2k gold will be of any benefit). Even getting 10k rep with a faction will be significantly less useful.

So my question is, once I hit 50, what do I do? Is there any timeline as to when a higher level will be allowed?
    You can do it all over on an alt now! Seriously tho my main is at 49 myself and I was wondering what happens when you reach 50 as well. Like those AP WQs/emissaries give something different now? I doubt blizz thought that far but maybe?

8.2 is a couple months away so no more farming for us until then..

15+ Year Old Account

Nerdsquare write up here

- Google Translated
    - Original German

Please be true, I wanna see some tears.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It makes sense to get upgraded to 50 pretty much instantly in 8.2, doubt there'll be any tears.

I hit 48 about a month ago and haven't touched a world quest since, feels amazing. Only gotten halfway through to 49 in that time from chests/M+.

Levels 44 and 45 felt the longest, as they gave absolutely nothing. Same reason why I'm chilling towards 49/50 at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    It's typical of the playerbase. My DH will hit 48 this week, and that's just from doing the rep caches every day on him at this point. I've been actively staying away from AP world quests for the last week or two, and I'll still hit 50 soon. The AP concern is valid, because we will have such a long timespan of not having a reward for most content.

- - - Updated - - -

I find it hilarious that a guy with 15k posts on a video game forum has the audacity to mention someone else not having a life.

- - - Updated - - -

You are beyond incorrect. 2 examples. Myself, I took 2 full months off of the game. I'm currently at 44 on 3 toons, and 47 on my main. And I play about 2 hours per day most days, and sometimes not at all.

2nd example, my friend rolled a Prot war that hit 120 exactly 3 weeks ago. He's at 45. He didn't play most of this expansion. Your summary is just not correct whatsoever.
    I have played about every day since start, only ONE character, doing missions for AP daily, world quests, raids. I am just at 44. I don't touch islands or M+, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    Congratulations, you have finished the game!
    ding ding ding, winner winner, chicken dinner.

Welcome to World of Carrot-on-a-stick-Craft

But OP makes a good point, WQs are useless beyond the i360+ gear they drop, I think they TitanForge to i385 or so? But what about once your i395/i400+ and exalted with all factions, and 50 AP necklace. There's really not much else to do, except work on alts, or farm transmog gear, and wait 3 months for 8.2
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2019-04-16 at 06:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess its just, you spend so much time every week getting so much AP (islands, world quests, missions, etc), that when its done and there's nothing more to work for, its like..... now what? Like I said in my original post, all of that content essentially becomes useless, no reason to do it. That's a large portion of the game.
    You don't do islands, world quests, missions, your daily 4 set of quests? That's like half the games content. What are you doing if you don't do any of that?
    i know im late to the conversation, but yes, if you have maxed your necklace out, then there really isnt any true reason to continue doing most of those areas of content.

the question to ask now, was it worth it? did you enjoy the content while grinding away for that 50th number? if yes, then switch to an alt and repeat, as obviously the content you were doing is fun. if no, then you need to have a talk with blizzard about why the grind isnt worth it.

thats the problem with current WoW for me, the content isnt worth the grind. it takes too long for me to check things off my to-do list on my main to be able to switch to an alt and repeat. ill not be joining the waste of time that is Classic because i like for things to move forward ie story/grphics/QoL improvements. but i wish that one thing wouldve remained what it was long ago, the ability to check things off my to-do list well before each new patch. allowing me to easily switch to an alt and repeat the content if i wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.