Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    water walking potions, reroll shaman?
    Any more comments that disqualify you?

Walter walking isn't as essential as people are making it out to be. Most of the times it's used in BfA zones are when crossing relatively small patches of water. Using water walking to cross the water in the middle of Tiragarde Sound for example would take longer than just using one of the boats or flight paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    I really dont understand why Blizzard thinks that the increase in "good game design" that they hope they are getting from these drawbacks is worth the amount of good will they could be getting from the positive coverage that these features could have without them.
    Because the DEVs have a hard on for decreasing convenience, esp in the travel department, for years now.
    They are oldschool gamers and don't mind the slowdown or they want to exted time spent, since MAU is their new metric of choice.
    Or, they could truly believe what they say and consider this good game design.

Who knows such things.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    Why remove it in the first place? The one from garrison could have taken a bit to earn. Meaning all the hard work for it was for nothing. Not to mention if you bought the one from Karasang wilds for 5k gold. Means you just wasted 5k gold on a useless mount. It started with the devs changing portals, now there changing mounts. Ask yourself what else are they gonna screw up? They could have just left the waterstrider alone and let it keep the ability. Alot of the equipment for mounts can already be found in game. Barding from leatherworkers and items from other professions. Seems like the devs are wasting time on reinventing the wheel again. When they could focus on fixing classes and rng.
    What part of not losing anything are people finding so hard to handle? I have the garrison strider and the other and with these changes i am not losing a single thing. With the free augment I will now want to use my CE mounts again. Its a good system.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Well I am NOT a tank, and in the current system I can have both: daze immunity via consumable and water walking via strider (I'm assuming that the get dismounted on hit and having to re-mount to water walk stays that way in the new system).
    In the new system I cannot have both anymore, so from a usability PoV, the new system is worse.
    Ah, this I get. Yes, this is bad. Perhaps they should keep anti-daze consumables.

It's a nerf when you want water walk AND daze immunity as a non tank.
    ..When is this ever going to be a situation you find this in? I see people arguing tooth and nail using this logic: "But what if I need to water walk, without being dazed, and glide at the same time! what will I do then!?".

If you get attacked while walking on water, you sink, I'm not sure people seem to realize this. And if you're under water with your mount, your mount is now moving as fast as you would while unmounted, so congrats - you were effectively dazed, even if you had both pieces of equipment on.

But wait, what if I don't want to be dazed while OUTSIDE the water! ..Remind me again where besides Nazmir this is going to be a thing? You know, the zone in the expansion that's GOING TO GET FLYING?

All these arguments just don't have any merit. I've never run into the issue of needing to simultaneously walk on water and not be dazed at any point in my 14 years of playing WoW. This is simply not a thing. And if leveling alts is a concern - there are very few zones while leveling that you'd need water walking on that you didn't already have flying on, and those zones can simply be skipped.

Simply put: You do not NEED both. This is not something anyone needs. There is no point in the game where this is a thing, stop acting like it is.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Ah, this I get. Yes, this is bad. Perhaps they should keep anti-daze consumables.
    Have they confirmed that the current consumable items won't be available anymore?

people first asked for flying being removed they got it, then they whine to have it back

people whine for more mount options they get them and then they whine

this entitlement is why we cant have nice things

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    The argument is that they took one thing that was class-specific (DK, Shaman) and mount specific (red/blue bugs) and made it possible to apply to ALL mounts.
    That's bad because the "free" water walking that everyone has enjoyed the last 3-5 years now costs gold to re-acquire (if you replace the initial freebie you get in the mail, iirc).

Cons:
    - I lose built-in water walking on 2 mounts (blue/red bugs)
    - I have to buy the equipment to apply, which then applies to ALL mounts instead of specific ones

Pros:
    - I gain the ability to water walk on all mounts
    or
    - I gain the ability to anti-daze non-tank class/specs
    or
    - I gain the ability to slow fall, which will basically be the blood DKs go-to, I guess

I would have preferred the equipment be mount-specific, where you could choose any number of mounts for water walking, anti-daze, slow fall, at your leisure, but then the equipment pieces would be one-and-done application, which wouldn't stimulate the economy in regards to professions.
    But hey, at least the boat they gave you for 6 months of sub will finally be able to travel on water.
    This was what I imagined it would work but then they made it across ALL mounts. Such a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    I’m very confused about the argument of the mount equipment. Everybody uses the water strider as it is the easiest to travel with the water walking. Blizzard has seen this and decided to add a feature to allow people to use their other mounts and also have water walking. They have removed water walking from the strider...but with the shoes you have it back.

How is this a bad thing? You also get the option to have other items equiped instead if you don’t want the water walking. They have literally removed nothing (except the baked in water walking on the strider) and opened up the ability to all mounts. Is anybody able to realistically explain the reason people are upset?
    I feel like what they are doing is testing a new system, that in a later patch, they will expand upon. This new mount thing is like sticking their toes in the water. Blizz seems to like to "test" things on live, when what they should have done is fleshed out the system BEFORE releasing it. Tired of paying to test their latest "ideas" This has a ton of potential for utility AND to add some fun elements. Probably get nerfed before the fun gets added

Any more comments that disqualify you?
    what because you refuse to use water walking potions + daze consumable, im "disqualified?" lmfao gotta get that head outta your own ass to see the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Dormie View Post
    Have they confirmed that the current consumable items won't be available anymore?
    That's what I wondered about and went to check - couldn't find any note that they are going to be removed or disabled, but maybe @Granyala knows?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I'm just concerned they're going to put a time limit on these things, so you'll have to buy loads of them. And since they're consumable instead of permanent, each time you want to switch to something else, you're going to have to have another of a different one. It's just an extra hassle for a 'fun, new system'. I would've much preferred if they'd just given traits to different mounts, like Horses and Wolves can't be dazed, Striders and [insert good water mount] allows you to run on water or swim super fast, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    The argument is that they took one thing that was class-specific (DK, Shaman) and mount specific (red/blue bugs) and made it possible to apply to ALL mounts.
    That's bad because the "free" water walking that everyone has enjoyed the last 3-5 years now costs gold to re-acquire (if you replace the initial freebie you get in the mail, iirc).

Cons:
    - I lose built-in water walking on 2 mounts (blue/red bugs)
    - I have to buy the equipment to apply, which then applies to ALL mounts instead of specific ones

Pros:
    - I gain the ability to water walk on all mounts
    or
    - I gain the ability to anti-daze non-tank class/specs
    or
    - I gain the ability to slow fall, which will basically be the blood DKs go-to, I guess

I would have preferred the equipment be mount-specific, where you could choose any number of mounts for water walking, anti-daze, slow fall, at your leisure, but then the equipment pieces would be one-and-done application, which wouldn't stimulate the economy in regards to professions.
    But hey, at least the boat they gave you for 6 months of sub will finally be able to travel on water.
    however you all fail to realise all those will be obsolete as soon as we get flying so all this falls down to nothing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon View Post
    Simply put: You do not NEED both. This is not something anyone needs. There is no point in the game where this is a thing, stop acting like it is.
    Since they REMOVE the innate waterwalking from the mounts and (most likely) remove the comsumable that makes you daze immune right now. Yes, you will be vulnerable to one of the two.

Right now I can use a barding, be daze immune on land and still hop onto my strider if needed.
    Then I can only choose one of the two. Being daze immune via mount equipment = I can no longer ride on water, even if out of combat.

They WANT you to choose. How come this is so hard to understand?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    what because you refuse to use water walking potions + daze consumable, im "disqualified?" lmfao gotta get that head outta your own ass to see the light.
    I was referring to the idiotic "roll another class" comment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    That's what I wondered about and went to check - couldn't find any note that they are going to be removed or disabled, but maybe @Granyala knows?
    I can see the water walking pots staying b/c they apply to the character and not the mount but I'd be surprised if the anti-daze barding would not become a mount equipment item, since it is essentially just that and has no effect (iirc) when on foot.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    I’m very confused about the argument of the mount equipment. Everybody uses the water strider as it is the easiest to travel with the water walking. Blizzard has seen this and decided to add a feature to allow people to use their other mounts and also have water walking. They have removed water walking from the strider...but with the shoes you have it back.

How is this a bad thing? You also get the option to have other items equiped instead if you don’t want the water walking. They have literally removed nothing (except the baked in water walking on the strider) and opened up the ability to all mounts. Is anybody able to realistically explain the reason people are upset?
    I like the change because that azure water strider makes annoying sound
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Mount equipment is just a trojan horse to remove mount water walking before next xpac.

Guaranteed, none of the BFA mount equipment will work in the next xpacs zones, and the new equipment will be gated behind yet more rep/pathfinding nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    however you all fail to realise all those will be obsolete as soon as we get flying so all this falls down to nothing
    Until the next expansion, when they ground you for yet another 12 months because "reasons".

Until the next expansion, when they ground you for yet another 12 months because "reasons".
    the reason is because they fucking say so. like it or not, this is the reason.

a) we are talking about things in development aka they are prone to change
    b)water walking is as important as cry babies make it sound
    c) flying was treated this way becaue people asked for it , so watch what you ask for.