Page 10 of 182 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    But what do you do with your phone that you would upgrade it WAY before you would upgrade a game console, do you see what I'm trying to get at?

I gave our kids our old 6s Plus's when we got the XR's and unless we're not some sort of super hardcore phone users, there is very little *ACTUAL* differences between them? I mean sure I get the fancy new animojis or whatever and those silly features (equivalent to the features next-gen consoles would bring) but I can't say I notice any sort of speed differences or anything like that.

Now, is there a MASSIVE difference between a $50 Android and a $900 Android, oh absolutely but...
    The big one would be having a phone that's still supported with updates to the OS to patch security exploits. By the time the 11 comes out, I wouldn't be surprised if patches stopped coming to the S8 to force people to buy the newer phones. That's just business, and while I despise that thought, it's still a very real thing.

To others, the faster processor could be essential to their daily lives if they're always busy and need their phone for their work. To me, like most others, I just like having a new thing when my old thing feels old. It's a Feelycraft thing for sure, but it's also mixed with the first point of still having updates. By the time I upgraded my S2 and S4, they were no longer being supported by updates.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I can't help but feel like a $500 won't be capable of running 8K at 60FPS...

(probably because a PC can't even do that)
    Consoles are WAY better optimized. Consoles ALWAYS beat out computers that are equally or greater priced(up to a certain amount obviously).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Consoles are WAY better optimized. Consoles ALWAYS beat out computers that are equally or greater priced(up to a certain amount obviously).
    But how does a console-maker make a $500 console with today's tech that not only gets you consistent 60 FPS in 8K games, but also nets the console-maker a profit?
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

But how does a console-maker make a $500 console with today's tech that not only gets you consistent 60 FPS in 8K games, but also nets the console-maker a profit?
    Who says they need to make a profit on the console? =D Licensing and services are where money is made.

They don't use "today's" tech. If you compared the graphics card in a console to a 500$ PC, you'll notice that it's actually worse than the PC's card. The same goes for just about every part of the console. What sets them apart is the optimization going on.

A 500$ console from the main three companies(nintendo, sony, and microsoft) will probably never give you the specs you desire. A 500$ PC will also NEVER give you 60 FPS in 8k games, either.

Do you really expect a 500$ console to match a 1,000$+ computer?

They don't use "today's" tech. If you compared the graphics card in a console to a 500$ PC, you'll notice that it's actually worse than the PC's card. The same goes for just about every part of the console. What sets them apart is the optimization going on.

A 500$ console from the main three companies(nintendo, sony, and microsoft) will probably never give you the specs you desire. A 500$ PC will also NEVER give you 60 FPS in 8k games, either.

Do you really expect a 500$ console to match a 1,000$+ computer?
    That's literally my point. The next logical step is to go for 8K support when 4K is already supported, and not supporting 60 FPS will, needlessly, look and play like crap.

So why even upgrade if it can't do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    So so hyped.

I cannot wait 2021 to buy this 2012 PC!!

Only 500$

Lol, this is how i see consoles too, by the time console is out hardware is already outdated
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

That's literally my point. The next logical step is to go for 8K support when 4K is already supported, and not supporting 60 FPS will, needlessly, look and play like crap.

Because it doesn't look like crap.

If you want better, spend a lot more and buy a PC.

Because it doesn't look like crap.
    If you don't have an 8K display, it will look basically THE SAME as the current PS4 that can support 4K (whichever model can).

(also implying that anything under 8K looks like crap, lol)

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Not quoting you gondrin to elicit a response, using your question as a point.

See, this question right here is a prime example of what I mean about console gamers vs PC gamers. Sure, you have PC gamers who fire up Diablo, or Starcraft, or Civ1 years upon years upon years after they are released, but the console gamer seems to consistently play all of their old titles and/or expect their 2, 3, 4+ generation console games to work on latest generation version of said console. Hell, I bet there's people who still play Goldeneye on the N64 or something horrid like that.

- - - Updated - - -

I've never been a "real" console gamer, but unless I just value my time much more now than I did was I was ~14-16 has it always been this way or was it more the graphics outpaced other hardware? I don't remember a console game ever taking so long as last gen and current gen consoles. I *think* I do remember a lot of loading screens usually, but even those I don't remember taking such a long time all those years ago.
    Honestly, its fine to quote me. I am just curious as I do have a lot of older PS1/2/3 games on disc as I don't really care to repurchase them if I don't have to(some that are really hard to find too and aren't on digital in any means). Whether or not it has that functionality wont matter as far as purchasing the console goes, I am just genuinely curious so I know what I'm getting into. I've been both a console gamer and PC gamer since the mid 80s so when it comes to these things, I expect to have tradeoffs when it comes to BC. Thing is, until the PS2, there was no such thing as BC on a console, only the PC.

15+ Year Old Account

To play the new exclusives.

If you don't have an 8K display, it will look basically THE SAME as the current PS4 that can support 4K (whichever model can).

Please, if you're not playing on anything under 32k, you're not playing it right. /s

Yeah, I don't care about this subjective opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    The thing is it didn't support it at all and ps3 was a huge failure first few years of it's lifecycle with huge price, barely any games and worse performed due to Jaguar's stupid architecture.

I don't understand how inflation works? I even have an economics diploma. 600$ system that time would be like releasing ~750$ console now.
    The thing you're wrong here is that ps3 was a huge problem to Sony and it required A LOT of money pumped into the gaming division to stabilize it.
    The lack of games was the issue, not the price point. Despite having a shorter production period than the 360 and inflated sales due to the 360 failure rate causing repeat purchases the 2 consoles ended with roughly the same number of consoles sold.

You have an economics "diploma" but you don't see how $600 then, inflated to $750 now, doesn't equate to $500 now? Was it mail order and written in crayon?

10+ Year Old Account
    In regards to 8k support. I'd like to remind people that not every gamer (not even most gamers) will have an 8k TV. Most don't even have a 4k TV at this time.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    People balked at the high price of the PS3, people balked at the high price of the Xbox one, people don't want to pay 500+ for these.

And 360 sold more than ps3, that's definition of win
    The 360 didn't sell that many more and given that a large number of the sales were repeat purchases due to the 360 failure rate it's likely the PS3 had more consoles in more homes.

Playstations are just beefed up blu ray players, change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    To play the new exclusives.
    Which makes it a forced upgrade, not an actual, legitimate, tech upgrade that everyone wants.

PS: Exclusives are BAD for the consumer and never a good thing. All they do is lock out people who don't own the console/PC.

Yeah, I don't care about this subjective opinion.
    Brings in a subjective opinion of "because it doesn't look like crap", claims to not care about their own subjective opinion. Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    In regards to 8k support. I'd like to remind people that not every gamer (not even most gamers) will have an 8k TV. Most don't even have a 4k TV at this time.
    Hell barely anyone has an 8K display. A supersuperminority has 8K. A minority has 4K. People acting like it's totally been time for PS5 seem delusional taking this into account.

Assuming the highest model PS4 can play 4K 60FPS, there's NO REASON for the PS5 to come out so soon when 8K isn't widespread at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Which makes it a forced upgrade, not an actual, legitimate, tech upgrade that everyone wants.

PS: Exclusives are BAD for the consumer and never a good thing. All they do is lock out people who don't own the console/PC.

Brings in a subjective opinion of "because it doesn't look like crap", claims to not care about their own subjective opinion. Okay.

Hell barely anyone has an 8K display. A supersuperminority has 8K. A minority has 4K. People acting like it's totally been time for PS5 seem delusional taking this into account.

Assuming the highest model PS4 can play 4K 60FPS, there's NO REASON for the PS5 to come out so soon when 8K isn't widespread at all.
    Except with the specs he mentioned it is a legit tech upgrade and no, exclusives arent bad

It doesn't, it's 4k30 and has a ton of downscaling and fps issues even at that.