Page 11 of 182 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Brings in a subjective opinion of "because it doesn't look like crap", claims to not care about their own subjective opinion. Okay.
    Because YOU posted a subjective opinion. I was proving that it's subjective and then later stated I don't care about yours. Okay. Okay? Okay!

You don't even have an argument outside your subjective opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It doesn't, it's 4k30 and has a ton of downscaling and fps issues even at that.
    This. Native 4K is rare, most of it is checkerboard running from 1080p to 1800p, and frequently at 30 fps. The biggest hurdle is the CPU when it comes to framerates, as the One X can more reliably do native 4K but still struggles with 60fps.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Except with the specs he mentioned it is a legit tech upgrade
    Legit, what?

and no, exclusives arent bad
    Name me a single instance where exclusives are more than just "fuck everyone else who doesn't own this".

It doesn't, it's 4k30 and has a ton of downscaling and fps issues even at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This. Native 4K is rare, most of it is checkerboard running from 1080p to 1800p, and frequently at 30 fps. The biggest hurdle is the CPU when it comes to framerates, as the One X can more reliably do native 4K but still struggles with 60fps.
    Fair enough, in that case then, assuming you have a 4k display, and the PS5 WILL be 60 FPS for 4K (and should be at least 30 for 8K), then I can see more legitimacy to buying it. If the PS5/XBonetwo can't handle even 60 FPS at 4K, I can't imagine how it would handle 8K.

I still think it's a touch too soon though.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Fair enough, in that case then, assuming you have a 4k display, and the PS5 WILL be 60 FPS for 4K (and should be at least 30 for 8K), then I can see more legitimacy to buying it. If the PS5/XBonetwo can't handle even 60 FPS at 4K, I can't imagine how it would handle 8K.

Framerate is more tied to CPU speed than resolution, which is more tied to how much horsepower is in the GPU. CPU's are usually the bottleneck for consoles since they need to be throttled down to much lower speeds than on PC due to cooling issues etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Legit, what?

Name me a single instance where exclusives are more than just "fuck everyone else who doesn't own this".

You said it isnt a legit tech upgrade. It is. Youre just trying to justify not buying it with no factual arguments

Most of the best games of all time have been exclusive. Thats all that needs to be said

I mean... a) this is just a rumor and b) by the time it's ACTUALLY released it'll be about 6-7 years from PS4 launch (Nov. 13) which is pretty avg.

Playstation lasted ~6 years
    Playstation 2 lasted ~6 years
    Playstation 3 lasted ~7

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean... a) this is just a rumor and b) by the time it's ACTUALLY released it'll be about 6-7 years from PS4 launch (Nov. 13) which is pretty avg.

Playstation 3 lasted ~7
    Cerny did an interview today so only the price is a rumor now

Most first party exclusives have been paid for in majority by the exclusive rights owner.

For example, Bloodborne was paid to exist by Sony in the same way Demon Souls was. Dark Souls, Sekiro, etc exist in part because Sony was willing to take a risk and support From Soft.

You said it isnt a legit tech upgrade. It is. Youre just trying to justify not buying it with no factual arguments
    Except I won't even buy it regardless of reasons because I have no need for a console version of a PC. I plan to buy the PS4 when the PS6 rolls around and I can get one for practically nothing to play exclusives.

Most of the best games of all time have been exclusive. Thats all that needs to be said
    LOL. Great argument. What, would putting these games on other consoles make them bad? What kind of nonsensical point is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Most first party exclusives have been paid for in majority by the exclusive rights owner.

For example, Bloodborne was paid to exist by Sony in the same way Demon Souls was. Dark Souls, Sekiro, etc exist in part because Sony was willing to take a risk and support From Soft.
    Okay... and? How is this a good thing for the consumers?

You're also talking about a relatively small amount of exclusives that might exist because of the first party, but I'm talking about the bulk of games that don't HAVE to be exclusives.

Playstation 3 lasted ~7
    Length doesn't matter, it's relative to the tech at the time. That said, if the PS5 can easily do 4K 60 FPS (which I'd think is the bare minimum for an upgrade at this point), then sure, but I barely see the point for 8K stuff when it probably won't be able to handle it too well.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Cerny did an interview today so only the price is a rumor now
    Well, I mean, we knew there would be a PS5 we just don't know when it would be released, 2020/2021 was the best guess, did they mention that in the interview or was it just confirming some of the details of what it would have?

- - - Updated - - -

Length doesn't matter, it's relative to the tech at the time. That said, if the PS5 can easily do 4K 60 FPS (which I'd think is the bare minimum for an upgrade at this point), then sure, but I barely see the point for 8K stuff when it probably won't be able to handle it too well.
    7 years is a long time for a computer and that's basically all consoles are is small computers.

There's situations right now where even at 1080p the consoles aren't performing well with modern games and they don't look near as good as their PC counterparts.

Most people didn't upgrade to the pro or the X, so that's a big factor too. The original Xbone's hardware was EXTREMELY low comparatively. You say it's too soon, I say hardware was come around just enough.

Except I won't even buy it regardless of reasons because I have no need for a console version of a PC. I plan to buy the PS4 when the PS6 rolls around and I can get one for practically nothing to play exclusives.

LOL. Great argument. What, would putting these games on other consoles make them bad? What kind of nonsensical point is that?

You're also talking about a relatively small amount of exclusives that might exist because of the first party, but I'm talking about the bulk of games that don't HAVE to be exclusives.

Actually, a vast majority of exclusives are exclusives because the producers might not have been able to produce the game otherwise. Who exactly was taking risks backing difficult games like Demon Souls, until after Demon Souls became popular?

I am a consumer and I'm glad the Soulsborne series exists and it quite easily could just not be a thing, without Sony's backing.

A lot of people don't seem to understand that exclusives work the same way as pitching a film does. Do you Complain about something being a Paramount movie?

Do you think most HBO shows can exist at the level of quality that they do outside of HBO?

Who exactly is going to pay the bills, the wages, the distribution, the production (pre and post), etc?

Do you expect companies just to insert money into your pocket?

Sorry to tell you this, but Steam is a raw financial deal for a lot of companies.

As to the 8K, it'll obviously be media support.

The only point really is that you can't get exclusives on other consoles, obviously as the name implies. They are great games you can't play on anything else. That's the only point.

What point are you trying to make in regards to exclusives?

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The only point really is that you can't get exclusives on other consoles, obviously as the name implies. They are great games you can't play on anything else. That's the only point.

What point are you trying to make in regards to exclusives?
    His point is he doesn't like it and wants to bitch about them as being bad for consumers as if he cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell barely anyone has an 8K display. A supersuperminority has 8K. A minority has 4K. People acting like it's totally been time for PS5 seem delusional taking this into account.

Assuming the highest model PS4 can play 4K 60FPS, there's NO REASON for the PS5 to come out so soon when 8K isn't widespread at all.
    I completely agree.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

15+ Year Old Account

I know you wont buy it which i why im not sure why youre here with factually inaccurate arguments.

Those games wouldnt exist in the state they do if they werent exclusive. Thats just the fact of the matter

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I mean, we knew there would be a PS5 we just don't know when it would be released, 2020/2021 was the best guess, did they mention that in the interview or was it just confirming some of the details of what it would have?

- - - Updated - - -

7 years is a long time for a computer and that's basically all consoles are is small computers.

There's situations right now where even at 1080p the consoles aren't performing well with modern games and they don't look near as good as their PC counterparts.

Most people didn't upgrade to the pro or the X, so that's a big factor too. The original Xbone's hardware was EXTREMELY low comparatively. You say it's too soon, I say hardware was come around just enough.
    https://www.wired.com/story/exclusiv...t-gen-console/

Seeing as how Sony have decided to go full out on censorship, and attack artistic freedom, this will be the first Sony console i will not bother with.
    Nintendo is looking mighty good right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    Seeing as how Sony have decided to go full out on censorship, and attack artistic freedom, this will be the first Sony console i will not bother with.
    Nintendo is looking mighty good right now.
    It just feels really sad. I do hope that many of the JRPG developers that made games for the PS4 early on will move to the Switch and PC now.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    It just feels really sad. I do hope that many of the JRPG developers that made games for the PS4 early on will move to the Switch and PC now.
    I wouldn't say it feels sad, it's fucking infuriating, we're walking backwards.
    I used to be a Sony fanboy for a long time, since i was a child, it was always Playstation that was my thing, but holy fuck i have lost so much respect for them over this, they are cowards, and so much more.
    The way they are going after japanese developers in particular outright disgust me, the way they treat them should be a fucking wakeup call for everyone out there.

We already lost Kenichiro Takaki because of this shit, and with that the Senran Kagura franchise is pretty much dead, all because of Sony.
    But as you said, the only positive is that we're seeing them open up more to PC and Switch, it's a small glimmer of hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    We already lost Kenichiro Takaki because of this shit, and with that the Senran Kagura franchise is pretty much dead, all because of Sony.
    No "we" didn't, he moved over to Cygames and is still making games over there. They'll still be filled with pretty anime girls with big boobs, just not quite as over the top as SK (and Valkyrie Drive/Uppers) are.

We'll still get SK Seven and Honey Parade is still around and will be making games.

It's still shitty, but you're a bit off on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No "we" didn't, he moved over to Cygames and is still making games over there. They'll still be filled with pretty anime girls with big boobs, just not quite as over the top as SK (and Valkyrie Drive/Uppers) are.

We'll still get SK Seven and Honey Parade is still around and will be making games.

It's still shitty, but you're a bit off on this.
    This is of course, ignoring everything Takaki have said about the situation, but you do you Edge.