Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    This is a Blue response to what I thought was a well-written post from a player, who seems to be unlike most of the crazies (myself included) who rattle on here or on the WoW forums.

Just something I’d like to get your perspective on, if the character who earned the Anglers reputation along with the mount gets the water walking item for free, what would a fair price be for the alts to get it? If that character who earned the reputation and mount has the option to water walk (but might choose something else), do you feel that alts should have every single thing that the other characters have?

Also, just out of curiosity, how often would you estimate that you have you used the water strider mount in the 6+ years it’s been available?
    Thanks folks for chatting! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

This smells of the same craziness of the portals. Why on this planet, when your game is on fire to the point you have to make an "I am sorry our expansion failed to live up to our players expectations" tour to all the gamer media outlets, would you decide to start dismantling legacy systems that are largely used by the most loyal of players.

Of all the groups for Blizzard to alienate why choose your most loyal? Mind boggling.... Especially when you consider games like ESO and FF14 seem to listen to the wants and needs of its playerbase.
    Thank you OP. I too am outraged that I had to farm gold, time, and a few dungeons for my Epic Warlock mount 14 years ago, and now people just get it for free.

/s

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    As for me, never. Travel form is superior to mounts in all ways. I can run into a pack of mobs, loot the chest on them, and run out without having to drop combat to re-mount. I don't lose the water walking and have to re-cast whenever I take a single hit. And when I need to water walk I just apply my angler's raft as needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, glyphs were never removed. Just the UI interface was. You can, in fact, apply far more than 6 glyphs to your character now. Your only limit is you can't apply more than one glyph to the same spell (ie both humble flier and warden owl to flight form).
    But you buy them once... it used to be the were consumable instead of one time learn. This was a huge income source for Scribes... but they've pretty much made all professions useless anymore.

The outrage is because they're taking something away just to add it back at a cost. Previously you could waterwalk on all of your alts at level 20 immediately, without buying anything or mailing anything. Now, you have to purchase one of these items for however much they're going to charge for it and waste time mail it to every one of your alts, just for the same effect that we already had for free.

The main argument of the people that are against is this: they are retaining the Sky Golem's herb picking abilities and just preventing it from using mount equipment. With that precedent there is no legitimate reason they can't do the same for the water strider.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    And yet if you have the herb mount... it CAN'T do waterwalking?

I mean... why change the water strider at all... if people are tired of riding it.. they can earn the equipment fo rother mounts. NOTHING needs to change with a mount you already earned.

Truthfully.. I don't care. I don't foresee me ever playing modern WoW again. But it's stuff like this that really irks me about the current def team.

They took away a lot of the sockets in gear, took away tier sets and bonuses, took away reforging...

But as a response to water striders being the default mounts.. they are basically bringing back this "customization" as content. Will it one day be taken away because "it's not fun ya know"

Nothing should ever be taken away in an MMO.. just new things added.
    I wasn't about to coment on this thread, I have both Water striders, the Pandaria farmed it when it was current content and the WoD one got it because I'm a mount collector. I don't mind everyone else getting the ability to waterwalk with whatever mount they want, ultimately brings more visual diversity to the game which is good in my opinion.

What annoys me is that they are not doing it for the sake of the diversity nor because they want to giving people choice, they have been taking choices away since MoP, removing reforge, multiple gems (which messed up the AH), less enchants per gear, glyphs, master loot, gear swapping in M+ etc. So no, they just didn't realize giving player's choice is good for their own agenda.

Instead they are just giving a stupidity certificate to the players with the excuse: ''it doesn't feel right that you have a mandatory mount so we nerf this so you don't have to feel like the only mount in-game is the water strider'' while in reality the only thing they want is an excuse to remove the Water Strider like they wanted at the start of BFA but caved in to the uproar about it. So next expansion we will get water walking and flying both time gated and used as ''new content on a future patch''.

What's happening next? Removing the Challenge modes sets so people are forced into transmoging something different? ahahaha This being said, and jokes aside, I hope I'm wrong but I doubt they are not trying to capitalize on the removal of Water walking in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    ???? How's it dismantling it. My god the backlash from this makes no sense to me. Ohhh... "I spent all that time grinding the rep for that mount". OKAY... you had access to said mount for what 6 years while others that didn't grind it did not. "Now I feel like I've wasted all that time for the mount"... REALLY?!?! You had access to it for all those years when those that didn't do the grind did not, but then I guess you need to be the only one for all time. Swear this community really is full of whiny, special snowflakes!!!
    So the lazy sods now get the same rewards as those that invest themselves in the game. Great reward system, great game. Back to classic now

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    I don't get it. Those of us who got the waterwalking mount now can give that waterwalking ability to any mount. And those who didn't get the waterwalking mount still have to do the rep we did and buy the waterwalking item like we had to buy the waterwalking mount. This is a net gain to everyone.

What is the outrage about?

BfA Derangement Syndrome is all too real.
    depends on how much the item is to give it to other mounts

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty damn stupid to take away the ability from the water strider. If people want water walking but don't enjoy the strider, use the damn equipment.

Blizzard's argument is that you'd end up taking choices away. No fucking shit with a system as shallow as this, 3 choices of equipment is a joke.

Water walking? Use the raft.
    Anti daze? Spec tank or use any set of azerite with prydaz trait.

The only real choice here is the parachute equipment, which is also useless if you're any class with slow fall.

Choices my ass.
    Last edited by Sting; 2019-04-16 at 04:52 PM.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    The outrage is because they're taking something away just to add it back at a cost. Previously you could waterwalk on all of your alts at level 20 immediately, without buying anything or mailing anything. Now, you have to purchase one of these items for however much they're going to charge for it and waste time mail it to every one of your alts, just for the same effect that we already had for free.

The main argument of the people that are against is this: they are retaining the Sky Golem's herb picking abilities and just preventing it from using mount equipment. With that precedent there is no legitimate reason they can't do the same for the water strider.
    Wait is mount equipment not account wide? I assumed if you apply an equipment to a mount it would be account wide like mounts themselves are.

10+ Year Old Account

You(and many others) seem to have difficulty reading so let me paste it for you again.

Hitting level 100 on one character will unlock this system. Once unlocked, the system will be available to all characters, and the equipment pieces themselves will require level 20. If your goal is to have waterwalking while leveling, you can just enable the waterwalking Mount Equipment (there will be one available via Anglers reputation that will be bind-on-account), and it’ll work exactly as before, with the benefit of making all of that character’s mounts walk on water.

The only thing they're taking away is having just ONE mount able to walk on water, what they're giving is ALL OF YOUR MOUNTS can now walk on water for something you will get for free...
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Wait is mount equipment not account wide? I assumed if you apply an equipment to a mount it would be account wide like mounts themselves are.
    No it's on a per-character basis.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

It is a damn water walking mount. And they are giving you the ability to make ANY mount water walking.

You are literally complaining about being given things because other people will also be given them.

This is the definition of finding something to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    But you buy them once... it used to be the were consumable instead of one time learn. This was a huge income source for Scribes... but they've pretty much made all professions useless anymore.
    They're still consumable. If you decide you want to be an owlbear instead of a starcaster or a warden bird instead of being humble you need to pay to buy a new glyph to switch.

Quote Originally Posted by RushRush View Post
    You(and many others) seem to have difficulty reading so let me paste it for you again.

Hitting level 100 on one character will unlock this system. Once unlocked, the system will be available to all characters, and the equipment pieces themselves will require level 20. If your goal is to have waterwalking while leveling, you can just enable the waterwalking Mount Equipment (there will be one available via Anglers reputation that will be bind-on-account), and it’ll work exactly as before, with the benefit of making all of that character’s mounts walk on water.

The only thing they're taking away is having just ONE mount able to walk on water, what they're giving is ALL OF YOUR MOUNTS can now walk on water for something you will get for free...
    You seem to be the one having reading comprehension difficulty. Nothing you just said countermands what I did.

Yes, the ability to waterwalk is there. Every character's mount equipment will be separate, and you will have to buy the waterwalking item for every single character you have if you want to have that ability. The water strider will not walk on water without spending more gold.

Is that simple enough for you? Do I need to draw you a chart?
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

15+ Year Old Account

We all know the vendor won't sell that equipment for free.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Or you could buy one, mail it to your alt, buy another, repeat. Or mail a bunch of them to a bank alt where they can sit in the mail for a month before being returned. Lots of ways to get around unique items.
    OR...

I could just use the fucking bug

10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to be the one having reading comprehension difficulty. Nothing you just said countermands what I did.

Yes, the ability to waterwalk is there. Every character's mount equipment will be separate, and you will have to buy the waterwalking item for every single character you have if you want to have that ability. The water strider will not walk on water without spending more gold.

Is that simple enough for you? Do I need to draw you a chart?
    Yeah, except they also said "If you have the Water Strider mount, you receive the water walking mount equipment for free in the mail on patch day."

So I don't know about you, but to me that means I don't have to pay shit because the item is Bind on Account. So how about that chart smarty pants?

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    We all know the vendor won't sell that equipment for free.
    Correct, except those of us with a strider will get it for free.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, except they also said "If you have the Water Strider mount, you receive the water walking mount equipment for free in the mail on patch day."

So I don't know about you, but to me that means I don't have to pay shit because the item is Bind on Account. So how about that chart smarty pants?

Correct, except those of us with a strider will get it for free.
    Yes, and how many will I get? Only the one with Anglers exalted? Every character?

The minute I make a new alt, this system is already taking gold out of my pocket for something I had for free for years.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    OR...

I could just use the fucking bug
    Ah. The "there's an improvement out there for other people but I don't want/need it so it's a bad idea" argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    "how often do you think you have used your water walking mount?"
    every time i'm in a zone with significant amounts of water? like nazmir or tirigarde?
    Yeah that statement is pretty ... well ... dumb.
    I would expect them to play their own game enough to answer that themselves.
    You never swim if you don't have to. Personally I can't count how many times strider carried my Draenei butt over the damn waterways they put everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Yes, and how many will I get? Only the one with Anglers exalted? Every character?

The minute I make a new alt, this system is already taking gold out of my pocket for something I had for free for years.
    You've been able to water walk on all your mounts for free all these years on all your characters? Please share this exploit with us.