Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    not really. the mount is the reward and for 3 expansions it has been awesome. but I hate having to stop before water and having to switch mounts to the water strider. plus, for getting to exalted with the Anglers you not only got the mount but you also will have the ability to buy a BOA (i think) item to give your mounts waterwalking which you can send to alts. so you are really losing absolutely nothing for farming the rep
    Yea but the equipment is like how gems work. You have to buy a new one once you replace it with a different one. You can't just switch it out without the other one breaking. Depending on how much gold its gonna cost for the equipment might become a bigger issue.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    So you agree that there is nothing. Blizzard has stated that it isn't going away. Throwing insults just reinforces how weak your reading comprehension is.
    You're losing the ability to have it in the first place or are you actually that dumb? You're just a troll, got it, done with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    Leaving the water strider with the ability to walk on water by itself and allowing a mount equipment item to affect it as well would mean everyone would default to the water strider again, which is what they're trying to avoid.

Leaving the water strider with the ability to walk on water and, like the Sky Golem, not allowing it to recognize another mount equipment item would mean nobody would ever use it anymore. They'd just use their favorite mount with water walk and ignore the strider.

These are silly arguments. Nobody's won or lost anything.

Plus I think it's ridiculous people talking about how they 'earned' the strider. Yes, we did. And we used it for years. Nothing lasts forever. And it's a game.
    Hold on pal, I would use the water strider for its ability even if it couldn't use another equipment. I'm more than happy to add one more mount keybind if the tradeoff is not having to dick around with the equipment too much.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    the raft is a toy you buy once and you can use in all your alts so you are wrong.
    the same applies to strider you cant use it in combat and get sink if you get hit
    - Apparently they have changed it with 7.3 but before that you couldn't use it on alts that didn't meet the criteria (x fishing skill + rep).
    - You can premount the strider, and run through the pulled mobs, if you don't get hit, you can just run on water after. if I remember correctly you can't precast the raft, so you have to arrive to the water not in combat in order to cast it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Honestly, it seemed like a lazy system and encourage using only 1 mount.

If they had a system where families of mounts have different abilities, it would have been a lot better.

Example: Tigers jump high, horses prevent daze, striders and crocs allow water walking, etc....
    You're completely off track. The question is old mount system vs the new mount system, not what you imagine it should be, that's not on the table.

They need 2-3 slots, or a way to unlock more if they want this system to be truly useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Hold on pal, I would use the water strider for its ability even if it couldn't use another equipment. I'm more than happy to add one more mount keybind if the tradeoff is not having to dick around with the equipment too much.
    Then in 8.2 put in the free water walking mount equipment item you get (again, for FREE) since you own the strider. You will literally have not lost A SINGLE THING that you don't have right at THIS SECOND.

But you won't need to, of course, because with flying enabled in all BFA zones, who needs water walking anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    - Apparently they have changed it with 7.3 but before that you couldn't use it on alts that didn't meet the criteria (x fishing skill + rep).
    - You can premount the strider, and run through the pulled mobs, if you don't get hit, you can just run on water after. if I remember correctly you can't precast the raft, so you have to arrive to the water not in combat in order to cast it.
    if is the key word

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    Then people would complain Water Striders are OP and required to play the game because they have water walking and can use mount equipment. It's a no win situation for them no matter what they do.
    How would water striders be "OP" and "required to play the game" when every other mount would be able to walk on water with the equipment....

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

The Anglers rep item for water walking is 50 gold (40 gold with exalted reputation).

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    How would water striders be "OP" and "required to play the game" when every other mount would be able to walk on water with the equipment....
    Because people would use the water strider with another piece of equipment.

Because people would use the water strider with another piece of equipment.
    As I understand the golem will NOT have equipment slot. So just like the golem will be solely a herbing mount, the water strider could just be a water walking mount.

Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    Leaving the water strider with the ability to walk on water by itself and allowing a mount equipment item to affect it as well would mean everyone would default to the water strider again, which is what they're trying to avoid.
    Yeah now i can just use my favourite mount with waterwalking and never have to use another mount again. I would hop on the old Crimson Water Strider to cross water then jump back on my fav mount. All they have done is removed a mount that i will have used.

As I understand the golem will NOT have equipment slot. So just like the golem will be solely a herbing mount, the water strider could just be a water walking mount.
    The point of equipment (as I understood from the stream) is to not have millions of water striders always in the world and not be a requirement every time a patch/expansion goes live.

The point of equipment (as I understood from the stream) is to not have millions of water striders always in the world and not be a requirement every time a patch/expansion goes live.
    But there wouldn't be.
    If you are someone who is sick of the water striders, you consume a water walking equipment, and you'll be happy with your Invincible or Mamooth or whatever walking on water.
    If I am fine with my water strider, it could just keep the water walking ability and NOT get an equipment slot on my water strider mounts, so I couldn't stack WW with, say, anti daze. Like with the golem, that doesn't get equipment slot neither.
    Last edited by Lei; 2019-04-16 at 09:02 PM.

But there wouldn't be.
    If you are someone who is sick of the water striders, you consume a water walking equipment, and you'll be happy with your Invincible or Mamooth or whatever walking on whater.
    If I am fine with my water strider, it could just keep the water walking ability and NOT get an equipment slot, so I couldn't stack equipments. Like with the golem, that doesn't get equipment slot neither.
    That would still make the strider a requirement though. Because people would use the strider for water walking and keep their mounts with another equipment for land and that's what Blizzard don't want.

As people have uncovered in the 8.2 PTR, the cost of a water walking mount equipment is normally 50 gold from the Anglers, but 40 gold if you have exalted.

Not the thousands of gold people thought they'd be losing. 40-50 gold each time you want to install it. Absolutely trivial. And that's only if you buy it from them... blacksmiths are (very likely according to Wowhead) going to be the profession that makes them, and they won't be able to sell them for more than that, so they'll probably be even cheaper on the AH.

In other words, this thread is still a big heap of nothin'
    Last edited by damonskye; 2019-04-16 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    People like to be outraged over things, doesn't matter if it makes sense.

The reward from Anglers and/or Nat Pagle rep grinding is the mount, which they aren't taking away.
    Yes, a mount that could walk on water. A mount & ability that costed gold. Now they just take it away and make everything more clunky and silly. they cant even put in the mount equip system into the game without making it an annoyance.

This system comes out of nowhere for no reason whatsoever. Its not well planned, introduced or implemented.

Why even bother? whats the reason here? if it was for fun and varietiy, they would not do it now. They would keep working on it for the next xpac and make it cool and engaging. Its not like it is now.

That would still make the strider a requirement though. Because people would use the strider for water walking and keep their mounts with another equipment for land and that's what Blizzard don't want.
    This exactly why this system is retarded imo.
    A mount advancing system could be SO GOOD. It could be amazing, so many possibilities but they just picked the shittiest, easiest, least imaginative/most boring way to basically nerf the strider. No RPG, no immersion consideration, no nothing in it.
    I am not mad because I lose something on the strider. I'm mad because for example a mob that look fiery, would make sense to cast fire spells. A mount that looks and used to be able to walk on water, should absolutely do that. They should protect and cherish and nurture and build upon the few remaining rpg elements in the game, not remove more and more of them.

The water strider "issue" was a non issue up until some dev came and told people it is. Like it was with yearly expansions, and masterloot. It's just politics and it sometimes fit some people's narratives. Even the blue asks on the forums "Also, just out of curiosity, how often would you estimate that you have you used the water strider mount in the 6+ years it’s been available?"
    So it is overused, or not? Even they can't decide.
    Last edited by Lei; 2019-04-16 at 09:19 PM.