Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post
    Then don't use the option if it's put in.

Someone else rearranging their character order does NOT affect anyone else in any way, nor does it affect the original gaming experience.
    It’s still a change. No changes please.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    It’s still a change. No changes please.
    Play on CTR with Voodoo GPU and Intel P3
    Also use only old add-ons, not the new one that people use on Private.
    Also no World Chat.
    Ah and ofc ISDN no Fibre
    Don't use discord.
    Don't even dare use current BiS List that are a product of current TC.
    Don't dare use RaidBots.

No changes.
    Last edited by Daikoku; 2019-04-16 at 07:14 AM.

Then don't use the option if it's put in.

Someone else rearranging their character order does NOT affect anyone else in any way, nor does it affect the original gaming experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    Also no World Chat.
    Ah and ofc ISDN no Fibre
    Don't use discord.
    Don't dare use RaidBots.

No changes.
    No Re-arrange characters.

I was mocking your silly thoughts process.

Sorry.

In one of the interviews, they acknowledged that they can't just use the same exact addon language setup from back then because of how incredibly exploitable it is, being able to automate almost anything. Somewhat related, they said they'll look at stopping specific addon behavior that tries to fully emulate certain modern things like Dungeon & Group Finder. I'm assuming this to mean addons that can automatically communicate with each other such that people can just do something like click a link in LookingForGroup chat to view a Group Finder-like listing and join the party all with zero interaction between the party leader and joiner. Other than that, we don't know for sure what's happening with addons, but I can't imagine it wouldn't be the exact same addon lua that WoW has currently but with certain functions blocked.

Personally, I'll be looking at using many addons to recreate modern/modern-ish WoW as much as possible because I played WoW Classic from 2005 through 2006, and I acutely know how shitty of a game it was. So I want to see what addons can do to make it more palatable and how much better they can make things. Showing target's health, spell cast bar, and assumed buffs/debuffs with durations displayed like they were since Wrath is going to be highest priority for me. That said, damage text looks like shit in WoW since Legion, so an addon to restore that would be nice.
    Last edited by Senka; 2019-04-16 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    It is definitely something that I wish I had in 2004-2006 (and beyond), so I understand that you would like to have it.

There is just zero chance that I will make more than 1 character ever again purely for Classic...so I don't care either way atm

Honestly, I hope that there WILL be only the option to use old addons. I mean..using what we have no would be a HUGE change.
    Anyone know what Blizzard's stance is on this?

As for Discord..meh..we used Teamspeak...no idea if it is still a thing, but voice chat for groups existed back then.

One of the biggest "problems" will be: In Classic we had very few websites and they were incomplete with info about the game. Our boss guides came from bosskillers and were pretty basic.

Now we know everything and you cannot make that go away anyhow.
    With "Old Add-ons" I mean the one we used back in Vanilla not the one using now on Vanilla.

There is a huge difference between Vanilla and Current API, Vanilla had the possibility to make Add-ons that are no longer available now ( just remember all the Nameplates needs we had from WoD to BfA or the range indicator etc etc )

Nevertheless there are some new (old) add-ons on N or other servers, that aren't really bad and I would have love having them back in vanilla.

Idr the name but basically there was an add-on that mimic LFG ( I don't remember it during Vanilla so maybe is made for Nost only )

You could list yourself looking for people / or checking if people were looking for somebody

Just scanning the channels.

I guess was this

Last edited by Daikoku; 2019-04-16 at 08:44 AM.

Idr the name but basically there was an add-on that mimic LFG ( I don't remember it during Vanilla so maybe is made for Nost only )

You could list yourself looking for people / or checking if people were looking for somebody

Just scanning the channels.

I guess was this

The screenshot you have there is Call to Arms, which were a LFG addon back in 2005-2006. The one you are thinking of is vQueue, developed for PServers, and is around 10x more useful than CtA.

Also no World Chat.
    Ah and ofc ISDN no Fibre
    Don't use discord.
    Don't dare use RaidBots.

No changes.
    The only site you can use to look things up is Thottbot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    The screenshot you have there is Call to Arms, which were a LFG addon back in 2005-2006. The one you are thinking of is vQueue, developed for PServers, and is around 10x more useful than CtA.
    Ah here is, thank you for clarifying.

vQueue is/was really awesome

Lol, this thread is full of people mocking “the no changes losers who are against this” and zero people who actually take that stand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It would be nice to have. I like to rearrange my characters in order of importance rather than creation.

I don’t remember the demo having this though.

I really hope you can do this, I like to sort mine by lvl. And if people say "NO CHANGES" about menu customization like this, man. Get a life.

As I've said before. Those people won't bother us in game anyway. Because they won't get past the new launcher to start the game

I was mocking your silly thoughts process.

Sorry.
    It's okay. If you feel good by mocking people, you're welcome to do it on my expense.

I'm going to stick to the topic though. I think the game itself should be exactly how it was. External addons, websites and programs are more difficult to control.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-04-16 at 04:09 PM.

I'll tell you why I tend to ignore them.

They'll be using the best PC/internet they can afford, which is almost certainly NOT what was attainable in '04-'06.
    If they REALLY want a 100% authentic experience, they would get a PC built using ONLY parts available then, and ONLY use internet type/speed available then also.
    Otherwise it's not a true 100% authentic experience.
    I think many would have done if it was practical.
    Mother pus bucket!

They shouldnt waste time on removing it from bfa client or adding it again if they already scrapped it. Its a non issue.

At Blizzcon they said they are considering to block addons that undermine the social experience of Vanilla.
    Meaning an addon similiar to Oqueue is unlikely, as the most common place to find a group was the LFG / Trade chat, not the interface of some addon.

10+ Year Old Account
    How exactly does someone having that option affect YOUR gaming experience?

Rearranging character order on the select screen not only doesn't affect your experience, but has NO effect on the original WoW experience whatsoever.

How exactly does someone having that option affect YOUR gaming experience?

Rearranging character order on the select screen not only doesn't affect your experience, but has NO effect on the original WoW experience whatsoever.
    1) Classic WoW is not about MY individual gaming experience. It's about the community.

2) Only completely unavoidable/necessary changes should be made. Like adding the game to the Battlenet Launcher. Re-arranging characters is not necessary. It's just a QoL addition. Leave the game alone when possible.

3) Some of the charm of Vanilla is that the game can be very tedious. If something like the order of your characters is important to you, then Classic WoW is not the game for you. Sorry. You will not be playing for long.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-04-16 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Honestly, I hope that there WILL be only the option to use old addons. I mean..using what we have no would be a HUGE change.
    Anyone know what Blizzard's stance is on this?
    Some of the older addons did things like select the correct rank of spell to use, cancel heals if they'd overheal and decurse anyone who needed it as long as you spammed a key. They shut most of this down by 1.12 so hopefully they won't enable it again, but old-school isn't always best.

Quote Originally Posted by racenutz View Post
    The only site you can use to look things up is Thottbot.
    And every weapon is a hunter weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    And lag/low framerate was a part of the GAME they played. So was high latency and disconnects.

NO CHANGES
    Is your internet connection part of the game? I had broadband in 2004.... Is your framerate part of the game? Some of us had decent PC's. Like I said, people are asking for recreation of the Game..... not the variables of the outside world. Odd of you to reply to me with things that aren't a part of the game.

Part of the recreation of the '04-'06 WoW experience involves the connection speeds and the machine it's played on.

Wasn't referring to IRL conditions outside the game experience.

Again... your PC hardware, and your bandwidth through you personal ISP is all IRL stuff literally outside of the game.... Your dsl was not hardcoded into the game code.... neither was your PC specs.